- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Suffolk Office, Suffolk, United Kingdom
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- £ 85,000 (US$ 108,213)
The Oyster 406 is a well known and well proven centre cockpit family cruiser. This example is fully fitted with modern electronics, easily handled rig with electric halyard winch and all lines led to cockpit, recent sails, bow thruster and copper anti fouling. Decks professionally recaulked, refastened and sanded in spring 2016.
Viewing by appointment at our Suffolk Office 01473 659 681.
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Oyster Marine
Designer: Holman & Pye
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 40 ft 6 in
Beam: 12 ft 9 in
LWL: 34 ft 9 in
Minimum Draft: 5 ft 9 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 9 in
Displacement: 9300 kgs
Ballast: 3585 kgs
Total Power: 51 HP
Engine Brand: Perkins
Year Built: 1989
Engine Model: 4.108
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Propeller: Folding propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 51 HP
Cruising Speed: 6 knots
Maximum Speed: 7 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: (909 Liters)
Fuel Tanks: 1 (477 Liters)
Number of single berths: 2
Number of double berths: 2
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 2
Number of bathrooms: 2
Electrical Circuit: 12V
The interior layout offers up to six berths with two double sleeping cabins separate from the main accommodation. Attractively finished with teak joinery, there is excellent stowage, good ventilation and full standing headroom throughout.
In the forecabin, V berth with infill and stowage under. Opening hatch to foredeck. Wardrobe, fitted drawers and lockers finished in teak. Fitted sheets, duvets and duvet covers.
Separate heads compartment to port, with en-suite access from forecabin or direct from saloon, with Jabsco marine toilet, shower, polished stainless steel washbasin, teak framed mirror, lockers and teak grating.
In saloon two pull-out settee berths. Fixed table with drop leaves. Opening hatch to deck. Velour upholstery, lockers, bookshelves and saloon table with central drinks locker.
The galley and chart table are situated in the walk through space either side to port and starboard. This provides a safe, secure and comfortable place from which to cook or navigate. At the full size outboard facing chart table (with hinged seat) there is excellent stowage for a large portfolio of charts below, with generous space for instrument displays. Opposite, the galley has good sized fiddled worktops, with plenty of stowage for utensils and food. Compressor driven fridge, 2005. Tecma Nelson two burner gimballed gas cooker with grill and oven, 2015. Sanyo combi microwave. Pressurised hot and cold plus manual fresh and sea water pumps at twin stainless steel sinks.
The aft cabin has a large double berth on the centre line with drawers, full height wardrobe and lockers. Fitted sheets and duvet covers. En-suite heads compartment with Jabsco marine toilet with holding tank (with flushing facility), shower, teak grating and stainless steel washbasin.
JVC Radio/CD player with saloon and cockpit speakers. Deck head lights in LED, spot lights in halogen and galley with fluorescent strip lights.
Located under the cockpit in well insulated compartment, Perkins 4.108 four cylinder 51hp diesel engine. Electric start. Freshwater cooled via heat exchanger. Shaft drive to three bladed Max Prop feathering propeller. Rope cutter. Single lever control. 477 litre fuel capacity in grp tank. Approx 0.75 gal per hour fuel consumption at a cruising speed of some 6.5 knots (7.2 knots max).
Vetus 95 kgf bow thruster.
- 3 x 12 volt domestic batteries 110Ah sealed deep cycle (2015)
- 110Ah sealed deep cycle engine battery (2004)
- 2 x 100aH sealed deep cycle bow thruster batteries (2006)
- Alternator, 240V Mastervolt Combi 12/2000-100 charger (2008) and BP55W solar panel (2002)
- Adverc battery management system
- 240 volt shore power with sockets in saloon, chart table and aft cabin
Spars & Sails
Masthead rigged sloop with cutter gear. Anodised aluminium mast (keel stepped) and boom by Kemp Spars. Double spreader rig. Stainless steel standing rigging with removable inner forestay and running back stays for cutter, replaced 2006. Terylene running rigging all led aft to cockpit. Kemp rod kicker. Hydraulic backstay adjuster. Single line slab reefing to mainsail. Lewmar cascade main sheet system. Harken head sail furling system. Spinnaker pole and spinnaker gear. Lewmar winches - 52ST primary, 40ST secondary sheet, 30ST main sheet/furling, 40ST halyard, 40ST electric (2014) servicing all halyards, reefing and furling lines.
- Mainsail, fully battened, radial cut with Fredericksen cars - One Sails - 2014
- Furling Genoa, 140%, radial cut - North Sails - 2009 but used only 3 seasons
- Yankee Stay sail - Hood - 1996
- Storm jib - Williams Sails - 1990
- Cutter Jib - Gowen Sails
- Cruising Chute - Gowen Ocean Sails
- 20Kg CQR anchor with 60m galvanised chain
- 15Kg Bruce kedge anchor with chain and warp
- Self draining anchor stowage locker
- SL Seawolf electric anchor windlass with foot controls, rebuilt 2006.
- Stainless steel pulpit, pushpit, stanchions and guard wires
- Stainless steel boarding ladder
- Outboard bracket to pushpit
- Whitlock davits
- Stainless steel bimini frame
- Overall, mast up, winter cover, 2008
- Teak cockpit table
- Teak cockpit mug rack
- Ensign staff
- Various fenders and warps
- Plastimo binnacle mounted steering compass
- Raymarine ST60 wind, depth, log integrated with:
- Raymarine C80 colour chart plotter with Raymarine Pathfinder radar scanner, 2005
- Raymarine Raystar 125 GPS receiver, 2008
- Raymarine ST6002 SmartPilot systems fully integrated with other instruments
- McMurdo Smartfind M10 Class B AIS Transponder, 2015
- ICS Navtex, 2002
- Silva S10 DSC VHF radio, 2006
- Deck level and masthead navigation lights
- Anchor, steaming and deck flood lights
- Fire extinguishers, 2007 & 2014
- Automatic engine room extinguisher, 2007
- Cockpit harness attachment points
- Emergency tiller
- Bilge pump
- Firdell Blipper radar reflector
- Seago 6 man life raft in valise (next service due 2017)
- Lifesling MOB system
- Jon Buoy inflatable danbuoy
- Horeseshoe type life buoy
- Pilot Dual gas alarm
- Fire blanket
- 5 double ended elasticated lifelines
- Windpilot Pacific Plus wind vane system available by separate negotiation
Built in 1989. Grp hull with Lloyds hull release note. Sky blue topsides with white stripes in Awlgrip. GRP/balsa sandwich deck. Fin and skeg configuration. Cast iron encapsulated keel. Epoxy/Cuprotect copper below waterline in 2009. Deck saloon with forward opening window. Full laid teak decks. Teak capping to cockpit coaming. Anodised toe rails. Gates in lifelines and at pushpit. Liferaft and gas bottle lockers on aft deck. Large lazarette. Whitlock steering system with leather covered wheel (pedestal replaced in 2006). Teak and holly stripes cabin sole.
As one the UK’s largest Brokers with over 330 boats for sale we are able to introduce you to Boat Insurance providers that offer all types of Boat Insurance including insurance for Yachts, Sailing Boats, Motor Cruisers, Narrowboats, Inland Waterway Craft, Barges, Houseboats, Speedboats, Rigid Inflatable Boats, Waterski Boats, Jet Skis, Personal Watercraft, Dinghies, Fishing Boats, Commercial Boats, Boats in Build or Refit.
Just call us to request an insurance quote for this boat or your current boat.
The company normally acts as broker for the vendor who unless otherwise stated is not selling in the course of a business. Whilst every care has been taken in the preparation of these particulars the correctness is not guaranteed and they are intended as a guide only and do not constitute a part of any contract. A prospective buyer is strongly advised to check these particulars and where appropriate and at his own expense to employ a qualified marine surveyor to carry out a survey and/or to have an engine trial conducted which if conducted by us shall not imply any liability on our part.
Other Boats from Clarke & Carter Interyacht Ltd.
Suffolk Office, Suffolk, United Kingdom
Suffolk Office, Suffolk, United Kingdom
Sun Odyssey 389
Shotley Office, Suffolk, United Kingdom
39 SQ Regatta
Suffolk Office, Suffolk, United Kingdom