- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Melbourne, FL
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 329,000
It is rare these days to find a seasoned cruising yacht in the condition we find VIKING STAR. She is hull #4 in the Nordhavn 46 series. Her owners have taken their stewardship of this yacht seriously and she awaits her new owner in “turn key” condition.
She is equipped with traditional passive paravane stabilization and Naiad hydraulic fin stabilizers. As a bonus, the outriggers can also be deployed at anchor for additional stabilization that’s extremely effective.
She also has a unique folding mast system that allows for travel on the Great Loop and other inland waterways. The ‘air’ draft is lowered from 30 ft to just 13 ft!
A recent haul out included complete bottom job, zincs etc. The fins were dropped and new seals installed.
NOTE: The main engine was zero-timed in 2009 with a complete rebuild. Engine hours: 2800
If you are in the market for a 46, she is a must see.
For more information please contact Ted Robie:
Please contact Ted Robie at 561.653.1932
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Pacific Asian Enterprises
Designer: Jeff Leishman
LOA: 46 ft 0 in
Beam: 15 ft 5 in
LWL: 38 ft 4 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 0 in
Displacement: 60000 lbs
Ballast: 4800 lbs
Total Power: 143 HP
Engine Brand: Lugger
Engine Model: L668
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 2800
Engine Power: 143 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (280 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (1160 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (50 Gallons)
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 2
Entering from the cockpit brings you into the saloon. To starboard are two lounge chairs and a small desk/file cabinet in between. To port is the u-shaped dinette with abundant storage underneath the seats. Forward of the dinette is a well equipped galley. There is a Whirlpool frost-free refrigerator/freezer, Force 10 3- burner stove and oven and deep double stainless sink with a dedicated faucet and filter for drinking water. The galley has a very generous amount of storage spaces in lockers and numerous drawers.
There are six opening windows in the saloon with louvre shades. Generous engine access is through the saloon sole with five opening floor hatches.
At the forward end of the saloon, there are two stairways, one leads down to the owner's stateroom, and the other leads up to the pilothouse. The owner’s stateroom is amidships resulting in the least amount of rolling/pitching while underway. There is a queen sized berth with four drawers underneath and cedar-lined hanging lockers on either side. There are three opening portholes and two blowers for ventilation. The head is on the starboard side of the stateroom, and a new electric Jabsco Quiet Flush toilet with fresh water supply has been installed. There is a separate shower stall. There is also an access door to the engine room from the shower stall.
Proceeding forward through a door leads into the guest stateroom. There is a double berth to port and a settee/single berth to starboard. Both have their own cedar-lined hanging lockers. Forward of the stateroom is the guest head, also equipped with the Jabsco Quiet Flush toilet. There is a separate shower stall. Access to the chain locker is through a double opening louvre door from the head. There are four opening portholes and three Lewmar Ocean Series hatches (main hatch has Oceanair screen) that provide ventilation in the guest stateroom. There is a staircase that leads from the lower stateroom directly to the pilothouse.
At the starboard side of the stairs, there is another large cedar-lined hanging locker and an alcove for the Splendide 2000S combo washer/dryer unit.
The pilothouse of the Nordhavn 46 is a spacious area and is equipped with an adjustable helm chair. There is a settee, pilot berth, table and folding chart table. The electronics are up to date and the electrical system has been highly upgraded over a standard N46. This is thoroughly detailed later in the spec. sheet. There is also a recently added Lewmar Ocean Series overhead hatch with Oceanair screen above the helmsman’s seat.
There are two remote mounted Cruisair 16,000 BTU air-conditioning units. The first feeds the pilothouse and saloon and the second feeds the lower staterooms. All interior lighting has been updated with Taylor cold cathode lighting units, even in the engine room which greatly improves efficiency and lighting throughout the entire yacht!
There have been some very significant improvements in the recent past. The yacht’s electrical system has been totally updated and improved over standard spec. The original generator was replaced with a Kohler 10kw unit with sound shield. Maintenance is made easy by a sliding base system to allow easy access to all areas.
The inverter is a Pure Sine Wave Trace SW 4048 unit. This is a 48 volt unit that has a 4kw output of 110 volts AC and it charges the 48 volt battery bank which also services the bow thruster and windlass systems.
The main house batteries have been replaced by three 12v Lifeline marine AGM 8D’s.
The inverter bank consists of eight 6 volt lead acid batteries in a dedicated bay below the cabin sole in the guest stateroom.
Engine start battery for the main, wing and generator is 12 volt 8D marine AGM.
The battery charger for all 12 volt batteries is a Xantrex multi-stage unit.
The bow thruster is a Wesmar industrial spec motor and is a 13 hp unit with dual vortex propellers. The windlass is a Maxwell 2200 48 volt unit.
The main electrical distribution panel meters are all new digital units. The A/C system has been totally rewired.
The two incoming shore power inlets are now Hubble plugs and an isolator has been added with a 240 volt inlet, splitting to two 110v legs, two 110v panels. The vessel is equipped with a 50 ft. 250/50 amp Hubble power cord.
New automatic battery isolating system installed 2010.
All interior courtesy lighting has been replaced with LED lights for lower power consumption and very long life expectancy. There are 12v fans located throughout the interior.
The Lugger main engine (model 6414D) was totally rebuilt in 2009 by a certified Lugger service center (fully documented) and 2800 hrs have been logged since rebuild. During this time, the engine room and bilge were repainted and all engine mounts, battery cables and control cables were replaced. The main engine was repainted with Awlgrip. The Borg Warner Velvet drive transmission was replaced in 2014. Both the main and wing engine shafts were replaced in 2006 along with new dripless PSS-PYI shaft logs. A new oil changing system has been added for the main engine and generator.
Additional Engine Specs:
- Fireboy automatic fire suppression and control system
- New raw water filters for A/C and stabilizer cooler
- New smoke/carbon monoxide alarms - 3 - wireless linked
- New super critical main engine muffler with custom aluminum funnel extension for muffler
- Stainless exhaust extension to mast top for main engine
- Volvo Penta 35 hp - 220 hrs
- V Drive Transmission with dripless PSS-PYI shaft log
- Racor filter
A fuel polishing system was added using an Oberdorfer 1 hp gear driven pump with a 27" GulfCoast filter and timer, plumbed into the fuel manifold. In addition, the vessel now has the new type sight gauges for the fuel tanks. The fuel system is also equipped with dual Racor 1000 MA filters and uses 10 micron filter elements. The fuel in this N46 is perfectly clean, visible in the sight gauges.
Naiad model#1020 active-fin stabilizing system. The reservoir for the system is very conveniently located in the locker on the port side of the stairway leading to the owner’s stateroom. It is equipped with six square foot fins making this a very active system at low speeds. Both sets of seals replaced February 2017.
Custom installed 110 volt powered UMT crane/davit for the tenders was installed. This unit can run off the inverter or generator. The motor was renewed in 2015 along with a new remote controller. It allows for both tenders to be placed on the boat deck or to have one secured off the stern for quick launching.
- Wesmar 13 hp/48 volt system with proportional controls
- Maxwell 2200/48 volt system
Cruisair 16,000 BTU (two split units). The compressors are installed in the forward port side of the engine room. This system results in a much quieter operation. A maintenance access door was added from the owner's stateroom. First air handler is located in the pilothouse with ducting to the saloon. Second is located under owner's stateroom bed with ducting to guest stateroom.
- Raymarine C 140W chart plotter with Sony rear view color camera system
- Raymarine E 120 chart plotter + 4KW radar with MARPA target acquisition system
- Both units connected by SeaTalk and NMEA connections for multiple readouts
- Raymarine 8000 autopilot with infrared remote-control system
- Raymarine electronic digital compass
- Raymarine ST 40 depth sounder
- Standard Horizon DS 150 depth sounder
- ICOM M602 VHF marine radio with MMSI (remote command microphone included)
- Raymarine ST 60 wind instrument
- EM TRAK B 100 AIS system (class B)
- Flo Scan digital fuel consumption meter
- Elwood Controls main engine remote fuel filter suction gauge and warning system
- SGC 2020 SSB radio with separate automatic tuner and antenna
- Sony marine radio/CD player plus custom sub-woofers and speaker system (Bose)
- Sirius radio unit
- New single lever throttle/ transmission lever for main engine
- Fireboy engine room automatic fire extinguisher control system
- ResQLink ACR EPIRB with GPS
- Weems & Plath clock
- Anchor - CQR 75 lbs with 300' of BBB chain
- Anchor - Fortress aluminum with 250' of road
- Mast and rig -LPU painted. Hinge installed in 2012 (extra equipment for mast lowering and stowing included).
- Paravane poles and ‘birds’ installed 2009
- Spurs line cutter system
- Hull - painted (2009) with Awlgrip grey/blue
- Custom awning and support system for top deck
- Custom awning for foredeck
- New salt water wash-down system on foredeck
- New TV antenna system- remote controlled
- Water heater (10 gal) replaced 2010
- Cockpit fresh water wash-down
- Cockpit mains water supply connector
- New high water bilge alarm
- New 32" Samsung flat screen TV in saloon
- Samsung DVD player
- Boston clock & barometer
- Custom rear cockpit bimini and drop down sun screens
- Custom stainless rail above pilothouse
- 3M UV window treatment throughout vessel
- Avon 10 ft. RIB dinghy with 15hp Yamaha two-stroke outboard
- Custom removable dinghy chocks for both tenders
- Custom mesh side screen panels for top deck rails
- Custom mesh screens for pilothouse windows and saloon door
- Foredeck storage locker
- Spreader/deck lights
- Stainless dorade vents (2)
- Fishing rod overhead holders
- Taylor fenders (4)
- Assorted dock lines
- Lifesling system
- Assorted boat spares
- Refurbished and awlgripped boat deck and pilothouse roof deck + funnel -2017
- 10 ft. Trinka sailing/rowing dinghy, fully rigged (not included in price - negotiable)
- Bilge pumps (3)
- Main - Rule 2000
- Secondary - Par 36600
- Manual - Edson 638
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Pacific Asian Enterprises
Jupiter, FL, United States
75 Expedition Yachtfisher
Fort Pierce, FL, United States
Fort Lauderdale, FL, United States
Seattle, WA, United States
Dana Point, CA, United States
Edmonds, WA, United States