- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- La Ciotat, France
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- EUR 350,000 Tax Paid (US$ 412,055)
Splendid and very red Ketch from German Frers, she comes with a fab teak interior and many, many updates for sparkling, fast and stylish bluewater sailing. There is a current survey report which is available on request.
For more information on this vessel, please contact Sue Grant at our Lymington office on the numbers below.
Please contact Sue Grant at +44 (0)1590 679222
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Ta Shing
Designer: German Frers
LOA: 60 ft 0 in
Beam: 16 ft 0 in
LWL: 50 ft 0 in
Minimum Draft: 8 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 8 ft 0 in
Displacement: 25129 kgs
Ballast: 10432 kgs
Total Power: 130 HP
Engine Brand: Perkins
Engine Model: M135
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 130 HP
Number of single berths: 11
Number of cabins: 4
RED HACKLE is a superb cruising yacht. She is an unique Mystic 60’ with teak interior and split rig. She is available fresh from a significant refit at Berthon during which time important work was carried out to her systems – electrical, plumbing and mechanical. She has new electronics, a bowthruster, new sails and she has been totally freed of deck leaks with all hatches, portlights and fittings resealed. She is now completely ready for serious sailing. She has never looked better.
Items excluded from the sale: All personal belongings, artwork and all other items not expressly listed in the above inventory.
RED HACKLE is an exceptional yacht with her stunning Frers good looks and cutter headed ketch rig.
Originally built for an experienced yachtsman, whose skipper spent six months in Taiwan overseeing her build and fit-out, individually selecting all the interior teak. He also had many updates included in the yacht to make her ideally suited for serious sailing. She subsequently circumnavigated the globe. Her second owner sailed her to the Caribbean, and the third owner spent the period (2002) to 2008 extensively cruising between the UK and the Mediterranean, handling her with the assistance of just one crewman. I have refitted her for family sailing with a bowthruster and huge upgrade of the yacht’s systems.
In 2012 I sailed with my family aboard RED HACKLE across the Atlantic in the Panerai Rally. She proved herself fast, dependable and comfortable. After a leisure sail back to Northern France, she has been further refitted at Berthon and is now ready for new adventures.
RED HACKLE benefits from a system of electric winches for sail handling, making her straight-forward and rewarding to sail, whilst keeping minimum complexity to reduce maintenance downtime. She has exceptional accommodation for her size, and is easily handled by a crew of two.
RED HACKLE enjoyed a refresh at Berthon for the 2014 season which includes the following improvements and updates:
- Gas system overhauled and re-certified.
- A full rig check was carried out after which the following work was carried out – Upgraded furling genoa drum, replaced main outhaul slider, replaced port and starboard main D2 shrouds, replaced staysail furling drum, fitted Gennaker bow sprit with bob stay in Dyneema core.
- Full service of main engine and generator.
- Refurbished saloon deck head.
- Modified binnacle hoop to accommodate instrumentation.
- Full check of 230v supply.
- Refitted davits.
- Fitted new side power joystick.
- Refurbished teak deck as necessary.
- Normal antifouling and polishing.
RCD Status: Our understanding is that the yacht is exempt from the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC (Recreational Craft Directive) as she was built and placed into use within the EU prior to 1998.
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- GRP divinycell sandwich hull and superstructure (solid GRP from turn of bilge).
- Topsides repainted (Awlgrip Vivid Red) (2013).
- Teak deck (2005) on GRP, with teak in cockpit (refurbished in 2014). Exterior teak trim in varnished teak (Sikkens) – revarnished 2014.
- Superstructure re-filled and faired and made good to good yacht standard and deck painted (2009).
- In (2009) major work was carried out to stem any possibility of deck leaks. All deck fittings, prisms, hatches and deck gear were checked and lifted and rebedded or replaced as necessary. In addition all portlights were removed and resealed. There are also 4 new deck hatches to the forward section of the yacht. The yacht is now dry.
- New Lewmar forehatch (2015).
- New large deck hatch (September 2015).
- New anodes (2015).
Keel & Rudder:
- Lead keel externally bolted with stainless steel bolts.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- 130 hp 6 cylinder Perkins M135 engine; (full service 2014).
- Increased sound insulation in engine room (2015).
- Velvet drive reduction gear box (rebuilt 2013 in St. Lucia).
Maintenance & Performance:
- Max Speed: 8.5 kts at 2200rpm 900nm cruising range.
- Cruise speed: 7.5 kts at 1600 rpm 1200nm cruising range.
Propulsion & Steering:
- 24" Max Prop feathering propeller (rebuilt 2005); cutlass bearing replaced 2013.
- Spurs rope cutter.
- Manecraft deep sea seal.
- Shaft brake (renewed 2013).
- All seacocks overhauled and replaced as necessary (2010).
- Sidepower 170kg bowthruster with twin props (props replaced 2013) and engine transmission; with separate battery and battery charger dedicated to the unit (2010). New joystick (2014).
- Wheel steering with S/S cable and emergency tiller.
- During the yacht’s refit in 2009 the wiring system was methodically checked and all redundant and bad wiring were removed from the yacht. The 220v system was fully checked out in 2014.
- 2 x 12V cranking (start) batteries in 1 bank of 24V (2016).
- 4 x 170 amp batteries (October 2015) for service.
- All battery boxes rebuilt (2009).
- Victron ref 3000/70 amps/24v ; 24V, 2000VA autoswitching sinewave inverter, 50A battery charger (2016).
- 2 x Engine alternators, overhauled 2008 and house alternator and support renewed 2010.
- Generator 6kW (2012, serviced 2014) with 1 x 12v sealed lead acid start battery (2016).
- SeaWatt hydro gen (2012); giving 20 amps at 8 knots.
- 220V received via inlets port and starboard.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- Pressurised hot and cold water throughout, including deck shower.
- Manual fresh and seawater pumps to galley sink.
- 24v seawater deckwash pump (2010).
- 2 x 24v large yacht water pressure systems.
- 220V emergency fire pump situated in engine room (2010).
- Water heating via calorifier (1997) and 220v immersion heater.
- Rule submersible bilge pump with automatic switch for main bilge (2009) Upgraded to drain engine room and forward section (2010).
- 3 x Manual bilge pumps.
- Heavy bilge pump (2014) – working with the 220v generator (1,600l/h).
- All tanks cleaned and fitted with new sealing in 2013. Tank tops re-sealed in 2014.
- 250 imp. Gallons (1200 litres) in 5 s/s tanks – tanks cleaned and diesel filtered (2009).
- 200 imp. Gallons (900 litres) in 4 s/s tanks.
Grey/Blackwater holding tanks:
- 2 x Grey water holding tanks.
- 1 x Black water holding tank – holding tanks opened up, cleaned macerator pumps replaced and system overhauled (2009).
The navigation area has been rebuilt to accommodate the yacht’s new electronics package
- ICOM M503 VHF set.
- Entel VHF x 2.
- ICOM HM134B command mic (at helm).
- ICOM DSC100 DSC controller.
- ICS NAV6 Navtex.
- Furuno GP32 GPS.
- B&G Hydra II depth, speed and wind.
- B&G Hydra II multi-function displays at nav. station, companionway and helm.
- B&G Network Nav. display at companionway.
- B&G Analogue wind at companionway.
- B&G Mast-top wind sender.
- NKE Gyropilot with wireless (MOB) remote - Linear hydraulic RAM, replaced 2013.
- Raymarine C140W at nav. station.
- Raymarine C120W in navpod at helm.
- Raymarine 24” 4kW digital radiome.
- Comar CSB200 AIS class B transponder.
- Iridium Satellite Telephone.
- A nav pad at helm.
- Sarsat (2016).
- Complete new Hydraulique for autopilot, oil changed (2014).
- Binnacle hoop modified in 2014.
- 2 x 24v DC freezer units + AC/DC power supply (2009).
- 1 x 24v DC refrigerator + AC/DC power supply (2009).
- Gas system totally rebuilt in accordance with Corgi regulations (2009), re-certified in 2014.
- Microwave oven (2009)
- Broadwater S/S 4 burner hob, grill and oven (1999).
- Zanussi washing machine in workroom (1993), overhauled (2009); not onboard but still available.
- Double S/S sinks.
- 3 x WCs fitted with new pumps in 2013.
- Par WC x 3.
- Showers x 3.
Heating & Ventilation:
- Airtop/Euro 5500 heater for workshop area (2009). Ducting to aft heads and aft cabin, saloon, guest cabins and heads.
- Fans at Nav station and galley.
- Fans above each berth.
- Stereo/cassette with CD player (2009) with new integrated joinery.
- All lights LED, except over main table.
Summary of Accommodation:
- 4 Cabins: 4 double berths, 3 single berths.
- The entire interior of the vessel is finished in teak paneling with rubbed varnish effect with high gloss varnished teak trim. The cabin soles in varnished teak and holly.
Description of layout from Aft:
Master cabin with a large double berth and single berth; new mattresses (2009), new bed base (2012). Outboard of both is ample storage. Hanging locker, shelf lockers and six drawer dresser. Vanity unit with stool and locker with full size chart storage above.
En-suite head with sink, lockers and laundry basket. Separate enclosed shower with seat.
Forward to port is the galley with sinks and surfaces inboard with mug and spice stowage above. Cooker, fridge and freezer are outboard. Above is storage for dishes and below is more storage.
To starboard is the Navigation station, facing aft. Easy access from the cockpit companionway. All listed navigation equipment is built in and the main electrical panel is opposite with full instrumentation on batteries, generator and circuit breakers for both AC and DC systems.
Just aft is a workroom with bench and door leading to engine compartment.
Main saloon amidships, with a C-shaped dining settee with a varnished teak table to port with storage under and stereo with CD player and storage behind. To starboard is another C-shaped settee with more storage under and behind, plus a cocktail table. Saloon upholstered in red ultra-suede, with matching curtains. Head linings refurbished in 2014.
Forward are two mirror image guest cabins with access from the saloon. The starboard cabin has a lower single berth (which pulls out to make a double) and a single bunk above, which can be lowered to form a daytime settee (both upper and lower berths have lee-cloths).
Other features include bookshelves, four drawer dresser with full length mirror, fold away writing table and lockers outboard. Forward is the en-suite head with sink, WC, shower and lockers outboard.
The port cabin has the same layout in terms of bunks and storage and again the head/shower is forward, this time with access from the Forward cabin.
The forward cabin has a very comfortable V berth, large hanging locker and other storage.
- Ketch rig, spars repainted by Berthon (Awlgrip white) (2005).
- Full rig check (2014).
- Gennaker with Harken rolling system.
- Lots of new blocks and halyards.
- Spectra for the 2 x running backstays for both masts.
- Harken rolling system for stay sail.
- Cutter headed ketch with aluminium spars by Proctor
- Main and mizzen masts keel-stepped, fully battened with batten cars. Triple spreader mainmast, with separate track for storm trysail.
- Outhaul slider in mast replaced (2014).
- Spars repainted in white Awlgrip by Berthon (2005)
- Spinnaker pole on mast, repainted by Berthon (2005)
- All standing rigging is oversized stainless steel wire with swaged fittings, replaced (2005) running rigging (2009); new genoa sheets (2013). D25 replaced (2014). 4 x Sheets for spinnaker (October 2015).
- Harken electric Genoa furling gear (2010), rebuilt in 2014.
- Harken Staysail furling gear (2014)
- Navtec manual hydraulic system to vangs and backstay. Rebuilt with new manometers, hoses and seals – (2013). Fredericksen cars on main and mizzen masts (2009)
- New supports for antennae wiring (2010)
- Gennaker bowsprit with dyneema bobstay (2014).
- Seaway hydraulic backstay and vangs (rebuilt 2009).
Winches (Genoa, stays, furling - Electric/Manual):
- 2 CST - Barient 37 - 3 speed - Primary Electric/Manual.
- 1 CST - Barient 32 - 2 speed - Halyard Electric/Manual.
- 1 CST - Barient 32 - 2 speed - Reefing Electric/Manual.
- 2 CST - Barient 32 - 2 speed - Spi/Staysail Manual.
- 1 CST - Barient 28 - 2 speed - Mainsheet Manual.
- 1 CST - Barient 27 - 2 speed - Pole lift Manual.
- 1 CST - Barient 27 - 2 speed - Spi halyard Manual.
- 1 CST - Barient 27 - 2 speed - Stays’l halyard Manual.
- 1 CST - Barient 32 - 2 speed - Genoa halyard Manual.
- 6 CST - Barient 17 - 1 speed - Mizzen staysail/sheet/halyard/reef lines/ mainsheet traveler –Manual.
- All electric winches rebuilt (2009). Winches fully serviced (2014).
- 1 x Mainsail – 69.50mt.
- 1 x Gennaker – 175mt (December 2012).
- 1 x Spinnaker – 200mt, from Incidence; second hand, very good condition, checked by Incidence.
- 1 x Original stay sail.
- 1 x Storm sail.
- 1 x Storm jib.
- 1 x Yankee 78.95mt.
- 1 x Trinquette 29.77mt.
- 1 x Mizzen 33.54mt.
Note: Both gennaker and stay sail are on a roller system by Harken.
Sail areas from sail plan:
- 100% foretriangle 780 sq ft (120% genoa 936 sq ft).
- Main 623 sq ft.
- Mizzen 265 sq ft.
- Measuring from sail plan mizzen staysail something more than 630 sq ft.
- S/S pulpit, pushpit with bathing ladder.
- S/S Mast pulpits (granny bars).
- Hardwood passarelle with suspension harness.
- Dorade vents with teak dorade boxes (rebuilt 2009).
- Deep, well protected cockpit with varnished teak table.
- 6 x Lewmar Ocean deck hatches (2009/2010/renewed 2013).
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- CQR75lb bower anchor (1998).
- Spade anchor.
- Maxwell Electric 3500 windlass (1998), overhauled with new windlass motor (2009); recently renewed.
- BBB 1/2" 275' anchor chain (1999).
- Danforth 45lb kedge anchor. Aft anchoring system fitted (2009).
- 400' of 1" warp.
- 4 x Big inflatable fenders (October 2015).
- ‘Austrailian weight’ for keeping anchor chain as horizontal as possible.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Sprayhood (2009).
- 2 x Sail covers (2013).
- Red cockpit cushions (2009).
- New covers for the hatches, wheel cover and sprayhood, and new bimini side covers (2015)
Tender & Outboard:
- Whittal 18" davits (refitted 2014).
- Lifelines with boarding gates port and starboard, with boarding ladder.
- 6 man Ocean liferaft (in date).
- 6 x Life jackets (1993).
- 3 x Lifebuoys (2003).
- Man overboard pole (2003).
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.