- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Portsmouth, RI
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 699,000
Beautifully crafted Classic Cruiser Racer with grand pedigree. This 69' McCurdy & Rhodes Sloop is perfect for admiring glances and ocean crossings. Hauled at New England Boatworks for the winter season.
Cell 1 401 855 8404
Please contact Jennifer Stewart at +1 (401) 855-8404
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Designer: McCurdy & Rhodes
LOA: 69 ft 7 in
Beam: 17 ft 7 in
LWL: 55 ft 0 in
Minimum Draft: 10 ft 6 in
Maximum Draft: 10 ft 6 in
Displacement: 72212 lbs
Ballast: 29000 lbs
Total Power: 280 HP
Engine Brand: Volvo
Engine Model: TAMD 41A
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Engine Power: 280 HP
Number of single berths: 9
Number of cabins: 5
GRACIE is a unique yacht that has achieved a balance so often sought and seldom achieved in a cruiser/racer. She has comfortable accommodations for six, plus a crew of two in a private cabin with heads, and she has won her class in the last two Newport-Bermuda races under her present ownership, and in 1990 under her former owner, and each time in the racing division with spinnakers. Snappy black awlgrip and decks will get everyone’s attention; ready to go!
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Hull is S-glass and epoxy over a foam core, with internal fibreglass framing.
- Deck is 40% carbon fibre with fibreglass and Kevlar over a divinicell core.
- Hull awlgrip super jet black (2010).
- Deck white awlgrip with grey awlgrip non-skid (2012).
- Varnished toerail.
- Varnished coaming cap.
- 2 x Flexible collision bulkheads forward.
- Based on 2014 ORR certificate, displacement is 72,212
Keel & Rudder:
- The carbon rudder is by GMT (Original).
Engine & Gearboxes:
- 1 x Volvo TAMD 41A engine 280hp @ 3,250RPM.
- Engine Hours: Approximately 11,000 hours, with rebuild approx. 4,000 hours ago in 2009.
- 1.5:1 Twin disc 502 transmission.
- Dual Racor filter (2011).
- Water light exhaust through transom.
- Dual gauge engine monitor with temp and oil alarms.
- Full engine room, with double door opposite nav. station aft, insulated and locking.
Propulsion & Steering:
- 3-bladed Max Prop (2-bladed spare).
- 220v AC/110v AC/24v DC/12v DC.
- New custom distribution panel installed in 2010, mounted opposite nav. station; all the ships wiring was cut back with new ends, or replaced at this time.
- Shore power cord 100’
- 2 x House battery banks – AGM 12v batteries in series to form 450AH @ 24v each (2007).
- 12v Starting bank.
- Mastervolt house bank 24v charger.
- Guest starting bank charger.
- 1500 watt Mastervolt inverter (2010).
- 50amp 12v alternator.
- 175amp 24v alternator.
- Northern Lights 8kW generator – 4,200 hours.
- 35GPH watermaker 220v (2009), Sea Recovery, control united mounted in engine room.
- 3 x Bilge alarms.
- 2500 GPH Rule bilge pump (2010).
- 500 GPH Rule bilge pump (2010).
- 3500 GPH Johnson engine driven bilge pump (2010).
- 3 x 500 GPM Rule sump pumps.
- Total capacity of 290 gallons, in 4 x tanks.
- Total capacity of 480 gallons, in 2 x tanks.
Grey/Blackwater holding tanks:
- 1 x Holding tank
The nav. station has a full desk with a hinged top, drawers, bookshelves and a concave seat for use offshore. The instruments, monitors and radios are displayed on the forward bulkhead and outboard.
- 2 x Icom M—412 VHF radios with DCS.
- Icom M-710 SSB radio.
- Dual processor shuttle computer with 17” Samsung monitor.
- Furuno Navnet CX2 plotter/radar with 17” Samsung monitor.
- Aft cockpit Vei monitor connects to either VX2 or computer.
- 2 x Northstar GPS 95.1 with charts.
- B&G H3000 sailing instruments and autopilot (2007).
- Instrument repeaters in aft cockpit.
- Large dial instrument on mast under gooseneck.
- Skipper 150 Inmarsat phone.
- Atenna pole on stern (white aluminium).
The well laid out galley has the sink on the centre-line for good drainage on either tack, and ample counter space and drain board area for preparing meals for a large crew.
- Seafrost refrigeration 220v AC/engine driven.
- Custom gimballed 4-burner propane cook top (2012).
- 2 x Custom gimballed Waring convection ovens (2012).
- Large top loading refrigerator.
- Large top loading freezer with stainless steel top.
- Large household freezer in main saloon, removable for racing.
- Master WC is vacuum.
- Forward WCs are electric.
Heating & Ventilation:
- Fans throughout the yacht.
- Eberspacher diesel heating system.
- Small wood burning stove in main saloon with vent through deck.
- LG mounted TV in main saloon.
- Bosch speakers.
- iPod dock.
- Delphi XM hi-fi.
- Navigation lights.
- Reading lamps over bunks.
- Overhead lighting in all cabins.
- Custom bulkhead lamps on main saloon bulkhead.
Description of layout:
The larger master cabin is all the way aft, to starboard, with a companionway ladder up to the aft cockpit. There is a large double berth to starboard with a chest of draws inboard, more drawer space under the berth, stowage outboard over the berth and a hanging locker. En-suite head. Accessible through aft corridor or through navigator’s cabin.
To port is a single berth, used by the navigator while racing, which has drawers under it and more storage outboard above the berth, as well as another hanging locker. There are sliding pocket doors that can separate the two sides of the cabin.
Through a door and forward to port is the navigation station and further forward, the galley. Up two steps and into the main saloon, which has a companionway ladder to the mid-ship cockpit on the centre-line aft. To port is the drop leaf dining table, with a large L shaped settee along the outboard and forward sides, and a bench seat with backrest along the inner side. The backrest can be pushed back toward the table so the bench seat can be used facing the settee along the starboard side, which pulls out to form a berth. There is a pilot berth outboard, above the settee.
Aft to starboard, and down two steps, is a guest cabin with upper and lower berths, a vanity and sink, hanging locker, and lots of drawer storage. Forward of the main saloon to port is the second guest cabin with upper and lower berths, a night stand, drawer storage, a seat and a large hanging locker. Opposite to port there is a stall shower that has one door into the passageway, and another forward into the large guest head. Further forward and through a door is the crew cabin with upper and lower berths, and storage to starboard, with a heads compartment to port. Forward of this is the forepeak with gear and sail stowage. Rattan facing on many locker doors for extra venting.
- Aluminium mast and boom by Hall Spars (serviced 2012), 3 spreader.
- She also has a carbon fiber spinnaker pole, but for racing she uses a removable carbon bowsprit.
- Tuff luff headstay for racing (storage).
- Harken hydraulic roller furling for cruising (2011).
- Navtec rod rigging, verticals, headstay and backstay replaced in 2007.
- Navtec hydraulics (backstay, vang, babystay and outhaul).
- Custom sheet bars on forepeak.
- For racing, the custom Barient primary and secondary cockpit winches are turned by double grinder handles mounted across the cockpit, which can be connected together or run separately. When cruising, the handles are removed and the winches are operated hydraulically.
- The main sheet winch is also manual for racing, and hydraulic for cruising.
- Halyard and deck winches – Barient and Harken.
- Mainsheet and primary winches powered when cruising.
- Power pack under midships companionway.
- No. 1 heavy—2010.
- Racing Main—2011.
- Cruising Main—2006.
- A1 Spinnaker—2007.
- A2 Spinnaker—2007.
- No. 3—2012.
- Furling headsail—2007.
- Storm Trysail—pre-2000.
- Storm Jib—pre-2000.
- No. 4—pre-2000.
- All sails have just been serviced at the North loft (December 2014).
- Removable cockpit table.
- Stainless steel life lines and stanchions.
- Goiot hatches.
- Removable stainless steel bow chocks.
- Sealed lazarette.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- 105# CQR anchor, 200’ ¾” nylon rode and 25’ ½” chain.
- Danforth ‘lunch hook’ with 200’ nylon braid.
- Stainless steel cleats bow and stern.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- The cockpit itself has filler pieces to raise the lower level to the height of the seats to make a level working surface.
- Cockpit cushions for both cockpits (2008).
- Awning (2012).
- 2 x Dodgers (2006).
- Side deck covers for use on berth.
Tender & Outboard:
- 13’ Zodiac MKII (2006).
- 1 x 15hp Johnson 4-stroke outboard.
- 17’ box trailer.
- Portable AED/oxygen kit.
- 25+ PFDs.
- 20 Spinlock inflatable harnesses with AIS transponders (2012).
- 2 x USCG approved yellow horseshoe buoys for racing.
- 2 x White horseshoe buoys for cruising.
- 1 x MOM module type 2.
- 1 x Life sling.
- 2 x 8-man Givens life rafts.
- 1 x DBS 8-man liferaft (2006).
- 2 x Ditch kits.
- Hand held search light.
- 406 EPIRB.
- Adventure 3000 med kit (completely stocked).
- Custom signal flag rack/flags.
- 10 x ABC portable fire extinguishers.
- Halon unit in engine compartment.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice and on a 50/50 basis with co brokers.
Other Boats from Berthon
Palma de Mallorca, Spain
Newport, RI, United States
Portsmouth, RI, United States
Edgartown, MA, United States
Newport, RI, United States