- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Lake Worth, FL
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 945,000
CARMELLA is a very special, totally refit Little Harbor 58. Classic beauty, strong, superior condition, excellent performance, shoal draft benefits, automated sail handling, exquisite Teak Interior woodwork, state-of-the-art electronics and Exceptional Equipment Inventory. These are the reasons Carmella may be the finest pre-owned Ted Hood Little Harbor ever offered for sale.
CARMELLA's impressive, very comfortable 3 stateroom interior has unmatched ambiance, and the hull design provides great sailing in all conditions with a very comfortable motion. The innovative deck layout has twin cockpits, a spacious one amidships with direct walk through from the side decks and a second aft cockpit for quiet relaxing and private companionway to the master stateroom.
CARMELLA would cost three to four times her asking price to build today and is especially attractive considering she is completely updated and ready to cruise anywhere in the world. Over four years her skilled and experienced owner invested over $400,000 and thousands of hours of his personal time to make CARMELLA the best she could be.
Call for more information. 954 328 2130
Contact David Walters, CPYB at office: (954) 527-0664 or cell: (954) 328-2130
Please contact David Walters at 954-527-0664
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Little Harbor
Designer: Ted Hood
LOA: 58 ft 0 in
Beam: 16 ft 1 in
LWL: 47 ft 9 in
Minimum Draft: 6 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 6 ft 0 in
Displacement: 75000 lbs
Ballast: 23000 lbs
Total Power: 143 HP
Engine Brand: Lugger
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 8500
Engine Power: 143 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (400 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (330 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (30 Gallons)
Number of cabins: 3
CARMELLA accommodates seven in three staterooms. She has a beautiful semi-gloss varnished teak interior (revarnished 2010) and teak and holly sole totally refinished in 2011. Eight topside ports enhance the sense of space and visibility from below decks. The cabinetry is recognized as comparable to the world’s best high quality builders. Beautiful Corian counter tops and many custom details ensure Carmella a rightful place in the top of the luxury class yachts.
- 10 turbo fans, 2 speed
- Indirect valance lighting
- Corian countertops throughout
- Ultrasuede main salon and settees
- Custom fitted sheets, blankets, bedspreads (2011)
The spacious main salon has an Ultrasuede settee and green Corian coffee table to port and a semi-circular settee with dining table to starboard. There is a wine glass cabinet with custom stained glass window. Multiple opening and fixed ports provide excellent light and ventilation and there is extra storage under and outboard of both settees.
The passageway galley is aft of the salon to starboard, provides a large work area and also serves as the primary passageway to the owner's stateroom. There is a top-loading freezer with a separate front-loading refrigerator that has a separate door for cold beverages. They can be operated by either 110v or engine drive with holdover plates or a third, recently installed, low draw 12 volt system. The long counter tops are grey Corian. Storage space is exceptional, outboard, inboard and under the counters. Double polished stainless sinks are custom installed on the inboard counter.
- Force 10 4 burner propane stove
- GE microwave
- Spice racks
- Macerator pump
- Exhaust fan.
The forward facing navigation area is to port aft of the main salon. Electronics and communication radios are flush mounted. The wide navigation desk has a hinged top to access a storage compartment.
VIP Guest Stateroom
The VIP guest stateroom is forward with a very generous V berth (9'6" wide) that converts to a double. An ultrasuede seating area is to port. Exceptional storage is provided by overhead lockers, drawers and a hanging locker. There is a private door to access the guest head and shower
Second Guest Cabin
Aft of the VIP, to starboard is the second guest stateroom with a generous lower berth and an upper berth that can be folded down to make a settee. Storage includes lockers and drawers as well as a tall hanging locker.
Across the passageway from the second guest cabin is a large guest head with green Corian vanity and separate shower. A double door arrangement allows private entry to the forward VIP and second door to forward passageway.
The master stateroom is aft and accessed by passageways port and starboard from the salon, and a private companionway ladder to the aft cockpit. There is a queen size berth to port with settee to starboard that converts to a sea berth. There are numerous lockers, drawers and a hanging locker.
- Green Corian vanity
- Electric flush head
- Separate shower stall
- Splendide washer/dryer (2012) in the shower area in outboard locker.
- Simrad autopilot with remote in cockpit
- New Raymarine i60 and i50 sailing instruments (4) over companionway with repeaters at nav station
- Two E Series 120 Raytheon GPS/Radar Plotter screens in cockpit (one next to companionway, one mounted on pedestal guard bracket) (2011)
- Total 4 GPS (includes 2 x 120) and Garmin 2010C GPS/Chartplotter/Radar units, all independent with dedicated antennas. Also linked so they can share information and display sailing information.
- Computer at Nav center including large screen
- B&G Hydra 2000 repeaters in cockpit, owner's stateroom and nav station (includes wind speed, wind direction, speed and depth data)
- Fish finder (2009), backup for depth sounder
- ICOM 126 VHF, nav station
- ICOM M504 VHF, cockpit (2010)
- Raytheon RN300
- Raymarine Digital Radar w/Questus mount (2011)
- KVH Skycell satphone/internet (2010)
- 2011 New KVH satellite TV with 28" dome (2012)
- Kenwood AM/FM/CD cassette with Kenwood CD changer
- 4 salon speakers, 2 master, 2 center cockpit, 2 aft cockpit
- Separate AM/FM cassette with 2 speakers in forward cabin.
- Cable TV in each stateroom
- 12 volt DC/110 volt AC systems with 2 Bass breaker panels, upgraded service that provides (2) 50 amp services to panels
- CARMELLA can run without using the generator for extended periods. Solar and wind generating up to 20 amp per hour solar, 7 amp per hour wind.
- New (2010) Northern Lights generator, 9KW (1460 hours)
- Six 2010 AGM glass matt gel batteries, 235 amp hr each
- One 2011 8D AGM engine starting battery and 4D generator starting battery
- 2 8D bow thruster batteries with separate charger
- Xantrex 2500 watt inverter/charger (2010)
- Upgrade to 150 amp engine mounted alternator with regulator
- 60 amp engine alternator with regulator
- 2010: Eight solar panels, 60 watt, low profile (1/8" thick) installed on bimini, hidden from view
- Superwind (high end, very quiet) wind generator (2010)
- All light bulbs upgraded to LED, reducing draw from 3 amps to 1/10 of 1 amp
- 6 new 8D glass matt batteries, 25 amp (2014)
- New 4D glass matt engine battery (2013)
- New 4D glass matt generator battery (2014)
Engine and Mechanical
Lugger 143 hp diesel main engine that has benefited from superior service that has contributed to continued reliable service and good compression.
- New stainless exhaust (2011)
- Refrigeration replaced 12 and 120 volt (2014)
- AC, new unit in crew berth (2014)
- New raw water pump (2010)
- New fuel pump (2010)
- Lugger and Northern Lights spare parts
- Racor dual remote filters
- Full reverse cycle air conditioning, 5 units, new a/c unit in salon (2011)
- Sea Recovery watermaker, new 2009. 800 gpd, 37 gph
- Espar D5L force air heating
- High water bilge alarm
- Engine and generator oil change pump
- 2 fresh water sea/land Vacu-heads
- New hot water tank (2011)
- Water purification system (2010)
- Removed all thru hulls and fully serviced 2011
- Maxi 3 blade feathering prop, reconditioned 2011
Hull and Deck Construction
Hand laid fiberglass Airex PVC cored hull construction using Vinylester resins. Integral fiberglass fuel tanks, water tanks and centerboard trunk. Internal cast lead ballast. Hand laid fiberglass deck with Divinycell core construction and 5/8” teak overlay on deck. Varnished teak exterior trim with highest quality stainless steel port lights, hatches, cowl ventilators and hardware. Rubrail along the hull with stainless striker. Epoxy bottom coating. The main cockpit is large and comfortable with seating around a teak fold down table with extension and port and starboard walk through access to the side decks.
- Awlgrip hull, 2011
- Bottom sanded and painted (2014)
- Rudder with built in extension
- Maxwell 3500 electric windlass with foot switches (2009)
- 122 lb. Rocna, 7/16" high tensile AG chain
- 40 lb. Danforth with 300' rode and 30' chain
- Chocks for two anchors at bow
- 4 new larger cleats, bow and stern with backing plates
- Very well maintained exterior varnish including total refinishing of toe rail, eyebrow, handrails in 2012.
- Elkhide helm
- Custom dinghy davit (2011), stainless Herreshoff style with integral outboard lift, multiple antenna platform and wind generator pole
- Outboard motor davit with sturdy crane (New 2011)
- Spreader and boom lights, LED (2011)
- Teak cockpit table with ice box in base, electric refrigeration added (2010)
- Hot and cold aft cockpit shower
- Separate fresh and salt water washdown
- Teak pulpit seat
- Dorade vent shutoffs
- Fold down stern ladder
- Ford down side ladder
- Two 20 lb. propane tanks & 1 barbecue tank
- Magma propane barbecue
- Wireless security alarm
- Storage box under main salon floor boards
- Electric refrigeration added to cockpit cellar under cockpit table
- New 10' Walker Bay hard bottom inflatable dinghy 2012
- 15 hp 2 stroke outboard engine, 2012
- Dock lines
- 6 fenders
- Varnished teak flagpole and flag
Sails and Rigging
- Electric Hood Stoway mast with double spreader rig and storm trysail track (Motor rebuilt in 2010)
- Hood hydraulic Sea Furl headstay
- Standing rod rigging (new 2008)
- Inner forestay with manual Fisher furler
- Running backstays
- Full spinnaker package
- Navtec hydraulic boom vang (2002) and backstay with fail-safe turnbuckle and two function panel in cockpit
- Backstay cylinder serviced (2011)
- Masthead tri-color strobe
- Mast removed and serviced (2014)
- Hood Sea Furl Hydraulic Headstay (2012)
- Boom Vang serviced (2013)
- Hydraulic Backstay serviced (2013)
- Hydraulic pump for vang and backstay rebuilt (2013)
- Electric Hood Stowaway motor replaced (2014)
- Hood Stow Away Furling System rebuilt (2014)
- 2009 140% Tri radial genoa
- 2009 Mainsail with vertical battens
- 2009 Code Zero, includes a continuous line furler
- 2009 Enlarged asymmetrical spinnaker and new sock
- Storm staysail
- Storm mainsail
- 2 Barient 36 PW-S electric primaries
- 2 Lewmar 54 electric secondaries
- 3 Barient 24 ST halyard winches, mast
- 2 Barient 28 sheet and guy winches
- Sunbrella companionway Bimini and dodger 2009
- New Stamois Bimini and aft dodger (2014)
- New cockpit cushions, white with navy blue piping (2012). Includes center and aft cockpit cushions
- Deck and cabin sole runners
- Salon crew covers for cushions
- Avon 6 man liferaft, serviced 9/2012
- Emergency tiller
- Automatic fire extinguishing system in engine room
- Power Survivor 35 emergency watermaker for life raft (in ditch bag)
- ACR EPIRB global fix with hydrostatic release mounted on deck
- Life sling
- 6 life jackets
- Lensref 1406 radar reflector
- New Kallenber horn (2013)
List of Upgrades
Ground Tackle and Cleats
- 2009 Replaced Maxwell 2500 windlass with 3500
- 2009 Replaced 65 lb. CQR with 122 lb. Rocna anchor
- 2009 Replaced 3/8" 4G chain with 7/16" high tensile AG chain
- 2010 New dock lines, 7/8"
- 2011 Replaced 4 main cleats (bow & stern) with larger new cleats and backing plates
- 2009 New tri-radial genoa
- 2009 New mainsail with vertical battens
- 2009 New Code Zero, includes a continuous line furler
- 2009 Enlarged asymmetrical spinnaker and fit new sock
- 2010 Rebuilt mainsail furler motor
Hull Bottom, Rudder and Centerboard:
- 2010 Repainted hull Oyster White Awlgrip
- 2010 Peeled bottom including gel coat and outer layer of mat. New outer layer of mat added, followed with 8 coats of epoxy and multi barrier coats. Finished with bottom paint.
- 2010 Removed centerboard completely. Rebuilt board and all hardware for lifting systems
- 2011 Removed rudder post, reconditioned with new stainless that was machined. Rebuilt rudder and rudder extension.
- 2012 Sanded bottom and applied two coats of ablative bottom paint.
- 2011 Fit car adjusting system that enables jib cars to be moved forward or aft under a load.
- 2011 (2) additional larger speakers fit in main cockpit, and aft cockpit speakers upgraded to Bose.
- 2011 New 24" Raymarine Digital Radar Scanner with new cable run up mast.
- 2010 New Sirius Weather Receiver added and linked to chart plotter
- 2010 New Raymarine AIS "A" installed (transmit and receive)
- 2010 New 5 port Linksys Switch for Raymarine network and new NIMA Multiplexer
- 2010 New Furuno FCV 620 Color Fish finder and depth gauge at navigation station
- 2010 Fit a source switch at navigation station allowing autopilot to be run by 4 different gps units (for backup)
- 2009 Replaced 95% of all the hoses on the boat (except those that obviously looked new)
- 2009 Installed loud alarm at navigation station so gps alarms can be heard clearly throughout boat
- 2009 Installed new Brown Air compressor on sail locker with 90 ft. hose (for diving and underwater repairs and cleaning) and new 110 line
- 2009 Rebuilt in mast furler and replaced motor with a new one
- 2008 New 150 amp Balmar alternator for house batteries and rebuilt 130 amp Lestek alternator as back up.
- 2008 2 New Max Charger digital regulators
- 2011 Replaced all gps antennae, rewiring to navigation station.
- 2009 New data cable for Simrad
- 2010 Replaced aft shower pump
- 2011 Re-plumbed salt water pump so that it can be switch as a backup to the fresh water pump
- 2009 Replace TV in main salon with 32" flat screen and installed new blue ray DVD player
- 2009 Replaced aft cabin TV with new flat screen over bed that can be TV, DVD, or navigation info from chart plotter.
- 2012 Replaced hydraulic power pack with Lewmar Commander 250
- Generator: 2009 Replaced with 9 kw Northern Lights
- Watermaker: 2009 Replaced with Sea Recovery 37 gph, 900 gpd
- 2011 replaced 110 volt compressor
- 2011 installed additional 12 volt system in fridge and freezer boxes
- 2011 installed 12 volt plate in cockpit ice chest.
- Air Conditioning: Replaced salon AC unit (2012)
- 2011 Full service including thru hulls (2011) removed, cleaned, greased, reinstalled.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from David Walters Yachts
Hull 10 RS
Newport, RI, United States
Fort Lauderdale, FL, United States
Charleston, SC, United States
Brunswick, GA, United States
Ft Lauderdale, FL, United States