- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Southwest Harbor, ME
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 285,000
SOPHIA is a 1989 Aft-Cabin SW-42 sloop with a varnished cherry interior with dinette on the port side. She has a Flag Blue hull, gold cove, red bottom and a 5' draft. Nice exterior varnish, 2160 engine hours and Espar heat. SOPHIA is ready to go.
Specializing in Used Hinckley Boat Sales for over 33 years, please call me, BOB POOLER (Brokerage Manager): 207-244-5531 or E-mail: email@example.com for more information on the used Hinckley power or sailboat market.
HINCKLEY BROKERAGE OFFICES:
- SOUTHWEST HARBOR-ME:
- Broker: Bob Pooler Cell: 207-460-7589 or firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 207-244-5531
- Broker: Wythe Ingebritson Cell: 207-664-8111 or email@example.com Office: 207-244-5531
- PORTSMOUTH, RI:
- Broker: Joe Dwyer Cell: 401-578-2919 or firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 401-683-7005
- ANNAPOLIS, MD:
- Broker: Jack Erbes Cell: 401-418-2188 or email@example.com Office: 410-263-0095
- Broker: Tripper Vincent Cell: 561-262-3900 or firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 772-403-5387
- Broker: Whitney Brackin Cell: 205-389-0944 or email@example.com Office: 239-261-2879
- HARBOR SPRINGS-MI:
- Broker: Marty Letts Cell: 231-330-3680 or firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 231-526-4378
Please contact Bob Pooler at 207-244-5531
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Hinckley Yachts
Designer: McCurdy & Rhodes
LOA: 42 ft 9 in
Beam: 12 ft 6 in
Minimum Draft: 5 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 9 ft 1 in
Displacement: 24000 lbs
Total Power: 46 HP
Engine Brand: Westerbeke
Year Built: 1989
Engine Model: FWC diesel
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 2164
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Stern drive
Engine Power: 46 HP
Cruising Speed: 6 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: (155 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (60 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (6 Gallons)
Number of single berths: 1
Number of double berths: 3
Number of cabins: 3
Number of heads: 1
SOPHIA is an Aft-cabin model SW-42 sloop with the Dinette and Nav station arrangement. She sleeps 7 in two cabins plus salon berths.
HULL and DECK
- Flag Blue Awlgrip topsides
- Gold leaf Cove (2005): Cove stripe, name and hail.
- Oyster White Cabinhouse and deck with Camel Brown molded-in nonskid.
- Double white Boottop
- Red Bottom
- Handlaid fiberglass hull and deck.
- Hull is cored with Airex for additional strength per weight. The core is deleted and the hull reinforced with additional laminations in all high stress areas. Hull stringers cored with Airex are bonded to the hull and integrated with the mast step and engine mounts to form a single unit. Hull laminate is fabricated of unidirectional glass for a better strength per weight ratio. The deck is set in a 6" flange on the hull, then fiberglassed and bolted in place.
- Draft: Shoal draft keel has a centerboard that is fiberglass with a bronze leading edge and operated by pennant with a winch in cockpit. (Draft = 5' board up, and 9' 1" board down.
- Custom teak cockpit coamings and teak trim strips around sail tracks
- Varnished bright exterior teak trim
- Custom teak seat at bow pulpit
- Teak and SS guard rail at sheer
- 5/8" X 50' docklines
- Fresh water deck wash
- Salt water deck wash
- HRH fender covers & fenders
- Custom teak instrument pod
- Custom glass, mug & binocular boxes
- (2) 12-volt oscillating fans
- Lee cloths
- HRH teak rigging rollers
- Ensign on teak staff
- Man overboard pole
- Man Overboard light
- 12V Guest spotlight in cockpit
- (3) Fire extinguishers, dry chemical
- Halon portable fire extinguisher
- Avon 14' Dinghy with 10-hp Mercury
Ground Tackle Equipment:
- Simpson Lawrence windlass
- 45# CQR anchor in HRH bow roller
- 20# Danforth anchor in chocks
- 50’ chain + 5/8” nylon anchor rodes
*Exclusions: Art, Clock, Barometer, and personal gear.
- Edson pedestal “destroyer type” wheel steering
- Cockpit Dodger (2011)
- Cockpit Cushions
- Fold-down teak Cockpit Table
- Helmsman's Step - fold-down
The Hinckley SW-42 has a large "T" shaped cockpit which comfortably accommodates a large crew, but is also well laid out for short handed sailing.
- Barient #32 ST genoa winches are within easy reach of the helmsman so the boat can be tacked single-handed if necessary.
- The cockpit dodger offers excellent protection, and visibility is unobscured from the helm.
- Sailing instruments are in a varnished teak box above the companionway.
- The sail locker, lazarette and cockpit locker have shelves built in to offer far more storage area than normally found on much larger boats.
- A helmsman fold-down step is located aft of the pedestal for additional visibility during docking.
ELECTRONICS and NAVIGATION EQUIPMENT
- Autohelm 6000 Autopilot
- Raytheon 114 differential GPS (2000)
- Garmin GPS - at helm
- Raytheon 630 Raychart chartplotter (2000) - at nav
- Raychart 530 (2000) - in cockpit
- Raytheon 210 VHF (2000) interfaced with GPS
- Raytheon R-20 Radar
- Raytheon ST-60 Instruments (2000): Wind, Speed, Depth Multi at Nav & Wind and Tri-data - at cockpit
SOPHIA sleeps up to seven in two staterooms, plus main salon berths.
The Interior is crafted of cherry wood, finished with rubbed effect varnish, with a high gloss accent on all solid wood utilization surfaces; nav. and dining table, hand holds, bunk fronts, etc. Her teak and holly cabin sole is finished bright.
- Upholstery is Navy UltraSuede with a striking print accent material for curtains, throw pillows and shams.
- Custom Ralph Lauren sheets
- Interior is heated with an Espar D4L heater
Forward Cabin: Starting forward, the Owner's Stateroom has "V" berths with adapter to form a double berth and seat between. Storage is provided in a cedar-lined hanging locker, bureaus, shelf lockers, additional drawer storage. An opening overhead hatch with screen to the foredeck provides extra natural light and ventilation.
Head: The Head is next aft to port, with private access to the owner's cabin. There is a stainless steel sink set in a White Formica countertop with hot and cold pressure water as well as a shower with curtain and a marine head to y-valve and holding tank. Storage lockers include a linen locker. The head has an opening port with screen for extra ventilation. There is a second, cedar-lined hanging locker across from the head.
Main Salon: The Salon has a U-shaped dinette to port which converts to a double berth, with cabinet and alcove shelf storage outboard. Starboard is a second, settee berth, with entertainment center outboard for TV,VCR, and complete stereo with cassette and CD player.
Navigation Station: Aft of the settee, the Nav Station faces aft, with a full-size, opening nav table and complete instrumentation.
- Raytheon PC based nav system with helm mounted screen
Aft Cabin: Aft of the Nav Station and starboard of the companionway is the Aft Cabin with cherry entry door, double berth, hanging locker and ample storage in cabinets, drawers and shelves.
Galley: The U-shaped galley is aft to port with a White Formica countertop. There are many custom features such as a thru-counter knife rack for gourmet culinary equipment, mug and glass racks, fitted cutting board, etc.
- Dickinson 3-burner propane stove
- Double deep stainless steel sinks with hot & cold pressure water
- Grunert deep-bin AR-50 refrigeration accessed through hatches in the countertop
- Storage lockers outboard, countertop bin storage, and shelf storage and custom utensil storage drawers.
SAILS and RIGGING
Sloop rig, with HRH fabricated spar and boom Awlgripped white.
- Navtec rod rigging and tensioners
- Harken II headstay system for jib furling
- Navtec hydraulic backstay tensioner
- Hall "Quickvang" boomvang
Shorthand set-up: Spinnaker halyard and winch and the primary winches, Barient #32ST, are located aft in the cockpit, convenient to the helm for short handing.
Winches: (All Barient)
- #32 ST, Primaries
- #28 ST, Secondaries
- #24 ST, Main sheet & main halyard
- #17 ST, Mainsail reefing winch
Sails: (All North):
- Main - Norlam (2001)
- Main - Full batten
- Genoa - Norlam (2001)
- 150% Genoa- Norlam w/foam luff for furling
- 105% Genoa- Dacron w/foam luff
- Sail cover (Navy, 2010)
Separate 12-volt systems for starting and accessories, each with 12-volt Prevailer Gelcell batteries and separate alternators.
- Engine: 105 amp hour batteries with 53 amp alternator and emergency override switch for starting from accessory batteries.
- Accessories: 450 amp hour batteries with 105 amp hour alternator.
Shore charging 110-Volt system:
- Heart Interface system with Heart 1200 watt inverter capability.
- Separate 110-volt panel.
1989 Westerbeke FW 46-HP diesel engine:
- Hurth 2:1 reduction gear
- Aquamet 22 SS shaft and 3-blade feathering Maxi prop with spurs
- Racor fuel filter
- Remote 12-volt oil transfer pump, for easy oil changes
- Espar D4L Heat (New 2009)
- Automatic bilge pump
- 6-gallon compliant holding tank and y-valve
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Hinckley Yacht Brokerage
Sou'wester 42 Yawl
Southwest Harbor, ME, United States
Bermuda 40 MK III Yawl
Bucks Harbor, ME, United States
Pilot 35 Sloop
Southwest Harbor, ME, United States
Pilot 35 Sloop
Southwest Harbor, ME, United States
Sou'wester 42 Sloop
Martha's Vineyard, MA, United States
Bermuda MK III Sloop
Shelter Island, NY, United States