- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Brooklin, ME
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 295,000
OCEAN RANGER is one of the handsome Classic-looking 50' Fantail 50 Pilothouse trawlers with a flying bridge built by Transworld Custom Yachts in Taiwan in 1989. Only nine Fantail 50's were ever built and only two built with a flying bridge. Her present owners purchased her in April 2007 and are believed to be her third owners. Since 2007, her knowledgeable and diligent owners have made numerous improvements and upgrades as described in her detailed listing description. Please review carefully. This trawler makes the ideal liveaboard with elegant, commodious accommodations for 4-6 people in two staterooms and two heads; a main salon which is as spacious as most living rooms, a covered aft deck, and a bright and functional pilothouse. OCEAN RANGER has a single 135 hp Perkins with approximately 5600 hours. These engines are designed to go easily 10,000 hours, and only burn 2.5 gph at 6-7 knots. Fuel efficiency is the important feature, and with the 8 hp Sidepower Bow Thruster and Naiad stabilizers, OCEAN RANGER is very maneuverable and seaworthy. Other features include a "come home" engine, an 8kw generator, 3 zone air conditioning, reverse cycle heat, full complement of electronics, and new maroon canvas. The addition of her flying bridge makes her more desirable than other sisterships due to better visibility and more outdoor living space. Please call to make an appointment to view this Fantail trawler; we think you will be impressed. Thank you for your interest.
Please contact Annie Gray at 207-363-7997
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Transworld Custom Yachts, Taipei
LOA: 511 ft 3 in
Beam: 15 ft 3 in
LWL: 40 ft 0 in
Length on Deck: 49 ft 9 in
Maximum Draft: 3 ft 10 in
Displacement: 42500 lbs
Total Power: 135 HP
Engine Brand: Perkins
Engine Model: 6-354
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 135 HP
HULL AND DECK:
• 2009 Awlgripped hull gray topsides with maroon sheer stripe.
• 2012 Awlgripped Seattle Gray trunk cabin flybridge and flying bridge deck.
• 2016 forward trunk cabin re-Awlgripped Seattle Gray.
• 2014 teak caprails and handrails revarnished.
• 2015 forward bow lockers stripped, reglued and revarnished.
• 2014 Hood deck hatches new gaskets and glass rebedded.
• 2013 new maroon bimini installed with new maroon cushions for flybridge bench seat and bow seats.
• 2009 bulwarks recored with foam and reglassed.
• 2009 four hinged doors installed in bulwarks.
• 2008 all seacocks and thru hulls replaced with bronze.
• Spacious walk around teak over fiberglass decks and foredeck.
• Fantail seating with teak table; two wing doors port and starboard for fantail privacy.
• S/S deck hardware and S/S bow bitt.
• Maxwell Nilsson vertical capstan 12V anchor windlass.
• 12V S/S dinghy davit on deck above fantail.
• Dual anchor bow rollers.
• Saltwater washdown on foredeck.
• Fresh hot and cold shower on aft deck.
• Two S/S and teak side boarding ladders; one new 2013.
• ITT Jabsco spotlight and loud hailer.
• 2010 dual Kallenburg air horns.
• Cabin dorade ventilators.
• Painted white aluminum radar mast with KVH Tracvision Satellite TV.
• Dual helms with varnished teak steering wheels.
• Two Todd flying bridge seats.
• Flying bridge Venturi windshield.
• Flying bridge deck box.
• Flying bridge S/S railing around upper deck.
• Flying bridge teak dinghy cradle.
• Two LPG 10 lb bottles in port deck locker.
• Port deck cleaning supply locker.
• New glass in pilothouse opening windshield.
Fuel: 480 gallons.
Water: Approximately 100 gallons (2 other S/S water tanks not presently used as have pin hole leaks).
Holding: 2013 rebuilt tanks with new plumbing to heads, new macerator pump and new bronze ball valve in discharge line.
Gray water tank: 2013 tank rebuilt, for shower sumps and all sinks.
ENGINE & MECHANICAL:
• Single Perkins 6-354, 135 hp, 6 cylinder diesel, FWC.
• Newage transmission (PRM 750 gearbox).
• 2009 1 1/2" S/S shaft, new coupling and intermediate bearing and cutlass bearing.
• 4 bladed bronze 26" LH 15" prop (prop turned in 2009).
• Dripless shaft seal.
• Hynautic engine controls and hynautic hydraulic steering at both helms; 2011 new pump installed on lower helm.
• 2010 Sidepower 8 hp bow thruster.
• US Motors come home electric engine.
• 2002 Naiad stabilizers.
• Two Racor 900 fuel filters with vacuum gauges.
• 2015 fuel flow scan meter.
• 2015 main engine fuel line replaced.
• 2016 new fuel transfer pump installed.
• 2008 spur cutters installed.
• 2009 S/S cage built and installed over prop.
• 2010 new S/S exhaust elbow installed; exhaust manifold cleaned and new gaskets installed.
• 2011 new fuel manifold system and piping.
• Halon automatic fire extinguisher in engine room.
• 2008 Lovejoy coupling engine water pump.
• Spacious, insulated engine room to access all mechanical and electrical systems.
• 12V DC and 110V AC electrical systems.
• AC-DC circuit breaker panels.
• Four 6V house batteries totaling 750 amp (new 2007).
• Two 12V AGM batteries for the thruster (located under starboard forward bench).
• Engine starter 12V battery.
• 170 amp port alternator, rebuilt 2007; 35 amp starboard alternator.
• 2007 Xantrex Heart 2500w inverter with sound shield.
• Westerbeke 8kw generator (775 hours) which also runs come-home engine.
• 2009 12V generator battery.
• 3 zone Marine Air air conditioning - three units- Vector compact.
• 2016 relay installed on generator starting circuit to minimize voltage drop.
• 2010 S/S 11 gallon hot water heater - 110V off engine.
• 2013 new generator motor mounts and base under generator.
• 2013 new starter switch on main engine and 2014 new preheat system for main engine.
• 2015 replaced generator raw water pump.
• 2015 installed Bilge Buster.
• 2013 two new electric bilge pumps and emergency bilge pump installed.
• Three 12V cameras - one in engine room, one on flying bridge, and one aft off flying bridge.
• 2008 smoke detector installed.
• For six in two separate staterooms with two head and a single settee berth in the main salon.
• A luxurious varnished teak interior offers elegant accommodations.
• The spacious salon has two comfortable barrel chairs and a straight settee, with clear lexan office table, offering ample area for relaxing at anchor.
• The outdoor covered seating on the fantail offers additional space for dining or having wine and cocktails.
• Forward to port in the main salon is the seagoing U-shaped galley.
• Opposite to starboard is the TV and entertainment center.
• One steps up to the pilothouse with superb 360 degree visibility, port and starboard side doors, and a centerline Stidd helm seat.
• Behind the helm seat is a U-shaped dinette with large teak table, or smaller teak table if desired.
• In 2013, the pilothouse was completely revarnished.
• The helm console includes and exquisite teak steering wheel, all console instrumentation and controls, chart drawers and storage.
• Curved stairway leads down to the owner and guest staterooms with two heads.
• The forward stateroom has an upper port berth which extends to a double. A new 2010 lower starboard berth was built as a single. There is a hanging locker and numerous drawers and lockers.
• Next aft to port is the guest head with handheld shower, W.C. and sink, and dual access doors from passageway or forward cabin.
• Further aft, amidships, is the owner's stateroom with an athwartships walk-around queen berth, a Philco Indesit combo washer-dryer, a vanity/desk, ensuite head with separate shower and 2016 Groco 12V W.C., ample storage and an upholstered reading chair
• Ventilation throughout the vessel is provided by many S/S opening ports with screens.
• Galley Maid four burner LPG stove with oven and sniffer alarm.
• Double S/S sinks with hot and cold pressure water.
• S/S oval bar sink in countertop with hot and cold pressure water.
• U-line automatic icemaker with water filter.
• 110V microwave-convection oven.
• Technicold refrigerator cold plate system -110V.
• Technicold 110V freezer, located at base of steps leading to engine room.
• Simrad Robertson AP20 autopilot - 2010 new motherboard.
• Furuno 1833 radar, 4kw, 36 mile.
• Furuno Nav Net GPS-Plotter (GD 1900 C).
• Furuno Nav Net radar and plotter repeater on flying bridge.
• ICOM 402 at both stations, ICOM M127 with intercom and hailer at lower helm.
• Datamarine Dart DM610 depth, speed, log and sea temp.
• Dell laptop computer at lower station runs Nobeltec navigation system.
• Navionics chips of entire East Coast for Furuno Nav Net.
• Venus Plath binnacle compass.
• Jensen stereo, AM/FM radio, CD player (multiple discs).
• Toshiba color TV, DVD player (KVH satellite receiver).
• 65 lb CQR plow, new 2008; chain rode.
• 2nd 45 lb CQR plow anchor on 2nd bow roller with chain and rode.
• 66 lb Bruce anchor.
• 2007 Whale Gusher #25 manual bilge pump.
• Two fenderboards.
• Large fenders with gray fleece covers.
• Weems & Plath clock and barometer.
• Several 110V standing lamps.
• Snap-On screens for all doors.
• Covers for all pilothouse and salon windows.
• Flares; fire extinguishers.
• Two folding S/S framed folding chairs.
• Ensign and staff.
• Spare prop (same size as one on shaft).
• Miscellaneous spare parts, belts, pumps.
• Tank Tender gauges.
• Full operating manual written by owner; basic tools.
• 1989 10' Caribe HBI & Honda 15 hp outboard (negotiable).
• EXCLUSIONS: PERSONAL EFFECTS, DECORATIVE FISH OVER GALLEY COUNTER.
COMMENTS: OCEAN RANGER is one of the handsome Classic-looking 50' Fantail 50 Pilothouse trawlers with a flying bridge built by Transworld Custom Yachts in Taiwan in 1989. Only nine Fantail 50's were ever built and only two built with a flying bridge. Her present owners purchased her in April 2007 and are believed to be her third owners. Since 2007, her knowledgeable and diligent owners have made numerous improvements and upgrades as described in her detailed listing description. Please review carefully. This trawler makes the ideal liveaboard with elegant, commodious accommodations for 4-6 people in two staterooms and two heads; a main salon which is as spacious as most living rooms, a covered aft deck, and a bright and functional pilothouse. OCEAN RANGER has a single 135 hp Perkins with approximately 5600 hours. These engines are designed to go easily 10,000 hours, and only burn 2.5 gph at 6-7 knots. Fuel efficiency is the important feature, and with the 8 hp Sidepower Bow Thruster and Naiad stabilizers, OCEAN RANGER is very maneuverable and seaworthy. Other features include a "come home" engine, an 8kw generator, 3 zone air conditioning, reverse cycle heat, full complement of electronics, and new maroon canvas. The addition of her flying bridge makes her more desirable than other sisterships due to better visibility and more outdoor living space. Please call to make an appointment to view this Fantail trawler; we think you will be impressed. Thank you for your interest.
Potential purchasers should assume that items on the vessel at the time of viewing, but not specifically listed on this specification sheet, are not included with the sale of the yacht. These specifications are believed to be correct but cannot be guaranteed. Specifications are provided for information purposes. Data was obtained from sources believed reliable but is not guaranteed by owner or brokers. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds, consumptions, capacities and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provided, and agrees to instruct his surveyor to confirm such details prior to purchase. Vessel subject to sale, price and inventory changes, and withdrawal from market without notice.
Other Boats from Gray & Gray Yacht Brokers, Inc.
East Boothbay, ME, United States
3400 Motor Yacht
Boothbay, ME, United States
Linwood 53 Motoryacht
Newington, NH, United States
Expedition Three Masted
marconi rigged Schooner
Belfast, ME, United States
36 Flybridge Cruiser
Stonington, ME, United States
Rockport, ME, United States