1989 Etap 28i
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Tighnabruaich, Argyll & Bute, United Kingdom
- Hull Material:
- Last Listed Price:
- £ 19,995 Tax Paid (US$ 28,053)
6 berths in total in 1 cabin plus saloon, 2 double berths and 2 single berths with single heads and "L" shaped galley. Powered by a Volvo Penta 2002 18hp diesel engine.
One of the best and most popular of all the Etaps, this tidy-looking Harlé & Mortain design was launched in 1989. She replaced the Etap 28, designed by Van de Stadt in1978, and was a more modern boat in every respect. 6 beths in total with spacious aft double cabin she is a lovely performer, enjoyable to sail, good for short-handed sailing and family cruising alike.
She is currently lying ashore for annual maintenance, wash down, polish and will be antifouled prior to the start of next season.
We have a video of the engine being started which is available on request.
We look forward to organising your viewing and answering any questions you may have.
Rhu Boat Sales, Michael Schmidt & Partner, Tel: +0044(0)1436 821606 - email@example.com
IMPORTANT NOTICE PLEASE READ
Boats are available for viewing on PONTOONS, HARD STANDING (ladder access), on MOORINGS and in some cases FURTHER AFIELD. Please contact us before hand to check the location of the vessel you wish to view and any special requirements. If you are traveling a distance this is especially important in order to make sure the boats you wish to view are in their advertised location and available for viewing.
Please contact at +44 (0)1436 821606
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Lady in Red
Beam: 3 ft 2 in
Maximum Draft: 1 ft 7 in
Total Power: 18 HP
Engine Brand: Volvo
Engine Model: Penta 2002
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Propeller: Folding propeller
Drive Type: Sail drive
Engine Power: 18 HP
Designed by Harle & Mortain and built in Belgium by Etap in 1989.
- LOA - 8.58m - 28ft.
- LWL - 7.25m - 23ft.
- Beam - 3.13m - 10ft.
- Draft - 1.65m - 5ft.
- Displacement - 2800kg.
- Cruising speed - 5.5knts.
- Max speed - 7knts.
- 1 x 55 ltr stainless steel fuel tank.
- 1 x 80 ltr plastic fresh water tank.
Hull and Construction
The hull and deck are is in cream GRP with tan non slip surfaces on the deck, while the superstructure is in grey GRP. The hull is double skinned and filled with foam that is deemed unsinkable which also provides good insulation, sound proofing and it also helps to reduce condensation. She has a deep fin keel, spade rudder and tiller steering in an aft style cockpit.
- Tiller extension and clutch which allows the tiller to be locked into position when needing free hands for other tasks.
6 berths in two cabins including the open plan saloon and the interior is finished in varnished wood and blue upholstery with red waterproof covers.
- Eberspacher diesel heating in saloon and aft cabin.
Double berth in "V" is forward in the saloon and is screened by a curtain for privacy.
In the saloon there are port & stbd single settee berths and a table which can be lifted out of the way for more space.
"L" shaped galley is to port aft in the saloon and features a Plastimo 2 burner cooker with oven and grill, sink with pressurised cold sea water and an icebox.
The navigation station and chart table are to stbd aft in the saloon which is also home to the ships electrical system panel.
Heads are to port aft of the chart table in the saloon and feature a Jabsco manual sea toilet, washbasin with cold water and a shower.
- Spare jabsco toilet kit.
Aft cabin is to port with double berth and hanging locker.
- Clock & barometer.
- Heated towel rail in the heads.
- LED lighting throughout.
Powered by a Volvo Penta 2002 18hp 2 cylinder inboard marine diesel engine with a sail drive to 2 blade folding prop
- Serviced March 2017.
- Consumption - 1.5lt per hour at 1800rpm (5.5kn).
- Range - 200nm.
- Sea water cooled.
- Gearbox & saildrive reconditioned by Volvo in 2016.
- Injectors reconditioned by Volvo in 2017.
- New engine alternator in August 2017.
- New exhaust hose in August 2017.
- New thermostat in 2017.
- New temperature & oil pressure senders in 2017.
- New hull to engine seal in 2016.
- 2 x impellers.
The ships 12v electrical system is powered by 3 batteries in total and control from the ships electrical panel at the chart table.
- 2 x domestic Yussa 12v batteries new 2015 & 2016.
- 1 x engine start 12v battery new 2014.
- Shore power and cable.
- Engine alternator charges batteries.
- Sterling fast charging system (charges batteries within 30 to 60 minutes of engine starting).
- Instrument panel and most of the internal wiring rewired in 2015.
Mast, Rigging & Sails
Fractional rigged sloop with alloy mast and boom by Selden, single aft swept spreaders with stainless steel standing rigging.
- Standing rigging replaced 2009.
- Braid on braid running rigging replaced March 2017.
- Lazy bag mainsail reefing system from cockpit.
- Stack pack.
- Mainsail cover.
- Lazy jacks.
- Furlex furling headfoil.
- Alloy spinnaker pole.
- Dual line reefing - all done from cockpit.
- Main by North refurbished by Saturn Sails in 2016.
- Genoa - Saturn refurbished in 2016.
- Spare Main never used by current owner.
- Spare genoa never used by current owner.
- x2 Spinnaker sails never used by current owner.
- Jib never used by current owner.
Deck & Deck Equipment
Easily navigated side decks lead to the foredeck all of which is covered in tan non slip panels and is all secure by a passerelle style aluminium pulpit with aluminium stanchions and stainless steel guard wires and aluminium quarter pushpits
- 8 mooring warps.
- 4 mooring cleats.
- 6 fenders.
- 9 rope clutches.
- 2.5m Avon dinghy.
- Boarding ladder.
- Double bowroller.
- Delta anchor. with 36m of 8mm chain.
- Quick electric anchor windlass with foot control.
- Spray hood
- Alloy toe rail with integral grab handles on roof
- 2 x two speed self tailing manual halyard winches.
- 2 x self tailing manual genoa and spinnaker winches.
The Etap 28i has an alloy toe rail which can be used as tie-on points and also has grab handles on the coach roof for added security.
- Cobra DSC VHF radio at the Chart table 2014.
- Garmin 557 map GPS and plotter in the cockpit 2016.
- Navico autopilot.
- B&G compass in the cockpit.
- B&G speed log in the cockpit.
- B&G wind speed and direction in the cockpit.
- 8 flares.
- Manual bilge pump.
- Fire blanket.
- 5 fire extinguishers.
- Gas detector.
- 6 harnesses with 2 harness points in cockpit.
- 2 Jack stays.
- LED nav lights.
- 4 saftey lines.
- The gas supply was upgraded in 2014 and a gas safety certificate was obtained.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Whilst we make best effort to obtain documentation from Vendors it is advisable to check what is available before travelling to view or making an offer.