- View Full Specifications
Nicely Upgraded! Best Avail!
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Stockton Springs, ME
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 42,500
Well taken care of with recent upgrades this popular fast cruiser/racer will not last long. New Alex seal topside finish 2012, , re-faired rudder, bottom stripped and barrier coated all in 2012, keel removed, re-faired and re-bedded 2013!. With the lightly used racing Main and Strong cars and mast track system, and split drum roller furl, she can quickly be converted from cruising to a machine with racing sails and crusing sails to match!! These boats have a proven track record under IMS and PHRF and can bring home the silver! This is the 53rd of 55 hulls built to this design and is in excellent condition. Extensive sail inventory including racing sails with just several races on them, new cruise/race main and geneoa, roller furl, rebuild of the sanitation system, rudder bearings, and much more.
"A Certified Professional Yacht Broker and Past President of the Yacht Brokers Association of America, Bill holds an Unlimited Master Mariner's License and has over 40 years experience in marine fields. Bill has been a broker with ECYS since 1998.".
Please contact Bill Full, CPYB at 207-846-4545
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Carroll Marine
Designer: German Frers
LOA: 33 ft 0 in
Beam: 11 ft 3 in
LWL: 26 ft 5 in
Maximum Draft: 6 ft 3 in
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Model: 2GM20F
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Total Power: 18
Cruising Speed: 6.0
Max Speed: 6.6
Fresh Water: 30
V-Berth forward cabin with drawers under, ash battens, sleeps two adults comfortably. Immediately aft to port is the enclosed head with marine toilet, holding tank and Y valve, pressure water with shower, vanity and sink. Opposite head is a hanging locker. Main salon features full length settees port and starboard, bulkhead mounted teak table, teak and holly cabin sole, storage under and outboard of settees. Aft to port is a large settee with ash battens, storage under berth. The sit-down navigation station is to port, which features boat's electronic panel outboard of chart table, vessel electronics and drawers under chart table. The galley is located aft to starboard featuring pressure water, stove and oven, ice box with ample counter and storage space. There are two large hatches and two opening ports for ventilation.
- Origo 2 burner alcohol stove with oven
- Slide away stove top
- Stainless deep sink
- Hot & cold pressure water
- Foot pump
- Large molded FRB icebox with shelves
- Storage for dishes
- Sony Stereo with 4 speakers & cassette player
Sails & Rigging
Hall spars double spreader keel stepped rig with Navtech rod rigging. In 2005 Strong mast track and car system, cruising main, and split drum roller furl were added to the inventory. In approx 90 minutes this can be removed and the boat shifted into high gear with a straight race configuration and racing main and #1 that have only been used 4 times.
- Harken Mark III Roller Furler 05'
- Racing Navtec Rod Head Stay w/Tuff Luff (just 2 seasons use)
- Spectra core Main Halyard '06
- Double Harken adjustable Genoa cars with #3 cars fixed
- Hall Quick Vang
- Harken Traveler w/ Harken Fine Tune Mainsheet System
- Dyneema main, jib and spinnaker sheets 2012
- Boom Repainted white
- Barient #25 2 speed primaries
- 4 Lewmar #32 & 31s secondary self tailing winches
- Cruising Sails:
- Full batten Cruising/delivery main on slugs
- #2 North Dacorn cut to fit Roller Furler
- #3 Dacron Genoa
- New mainsail cover 05'
- Boom and new cover rigged to accept Lazy Jacks 05'
- Racing Sails:
- 2005 North Pentex Radial Main (used 25-30 times)
- Strong Mast track (removable for racing main)
- 2001 Doyle Clear Advantage Main - used only 10-15 times, exc condition
- 2001 Doyle Clear Advantage #1 Genoa - used only 10-15 times, exc condition
- Kevlar #3
- .6 oz Spinnaker
- .75 oz Spinnaker
There is an older 0.5 oz spinnaker with 2 damaged panels.
- 1.5 oz Spinnaker
- Apelco 5200 VHF Marine Radio
- Metz antenna
- Trimble NT200D diff GPS chart plotter
- Navionics Charts of Maine coast
- NMEA cable for laptop computer
- Ockam System - wind, speed
- Displays at, companionway & bulkhead displays
- Datamarine depth sounder
- KVH Sailcomp Electronic Compass with repeater at Nav Station
- 2 ea 12 volt batteries with parallel switch (1 new 2005)
- Newmar battery voltage display
- Max Prop 2 Blade feathering Prop
- Dripless Stuffing Box
- Fuel guage
- 2005 Delrin Rudder Bearings replaced
- Electric Bilge Pump
- Manual Bilge Pump
Hull & Deck
Jade green Alex Seal topside finish done in 2012 in exc. condition with white boot top. The bottom was stripped and barrier coated in 2012 and finished with Pettit Vivid white finish as part of that re-fit work the keel was removed from the stub, re-faired and re-installed and the rudder was re-faired. Decks are off white with nonskid. Cockpit with Edson wheel steering, generous sail locker stbd side and lazarettes aft. Bridge deck mainsheet system is accessible to the helm when short handed sailing.
Wide side decks with double lifelines on stainless stanchions with gates P&S. double stainless bow and stern rails.
- 7 PDF's
- Flare Kit
- 3 fire extinguishers
- MOB Recovery System
- New lifelines 2008
- Full navigational lights
- 20 lb Danforth anchor with app. 20' chain and 300' rode
- Wheel Steering with Suunto
- 40" Aluminum Destroyer Wheel
- Emergency Tiller
- Fenders & Docking Lines
- Horseshoe Life Ring
For those seeking a high performance racer/cruiser look no further! The Frers 33 is a great package. Capable of winning races yet plush enough to cruise the family in comfort. This example of the design is in very nice condition.
The two prior owners raced her just 5-10 times in 6 years of ownership on then, new racing inventory. The current owner has likewise kept the racing sails just for racing and has done just 10-12 races so while they are older sails the racing sails should be very competitive. Top that off with her new bottom job including droping the keel off, re-fairing it and rebedding it, refairing the rudder, and stripping and barrier coating the bottom just two years ago PLUS refinishing the topsides with Alex-Seal and you have a great package! She has been in inside storage during the off season the past 3 years and was not launched in 2014.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.