- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Long Beach, CA
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 220,000
Phred is a beautiful, high quality performance cruising cutter built by one of New England's permier yards, David Walters Yachts in Portsmouth, RI. David Walters designs were featured in Mate's The World's Best Sailboats with other world renowned yards including: Hinckley, Natour Swan, Baltic, Alden & Little Harbor.
Phred is a custom longer version of the highly regarded Cambria 44 and 46 with the benefit of a aft deck with locker behind the helm seat. Like her sisterships Phred features a modern shoal draft fin keel skeg and protected rudder. For enhanced windward performance the centerboard can be partially or fully lowered. Her sea kindly hull design is exceptionally strong and the Air Ex Core between the fiberglass laminates provide added strength and sound and thermal insulation.Her interior features exquisite varnished teak interior wood work.
The main engine was replaced in 2007 with a Yanmar 75hp and Phred offers an extensive list of upgrades between 2010-2013. Equipment includes reverse cycle AC, central heat, offshore electronics and furling, staysail & headsail. Phred may be the best value on the market for sailors that desire exceptional quality at a fraction of her $1 million current replacement cost.
Please contact George Eberhard at 954-527-0664
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: David Walters Yachts
Designer: David Walters
Flag of Registry: United States
LOA: 48 ft 0 in
Beam: 13 ft 6 in
Minimum Draft: 6 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 9 in
Displacement: 34000 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 63 ft 0 in
Total Power: 75 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 2007
Engine Model: 4JH3TE Turbo
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Propeller: Folding propeller
Engine Power: 75 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: 3 (300 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 2 (130 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 2
Number of single berths: 2
Number of double berths: 2
Number of cabins: 3
Number of heads: 2
Phred comfortably sleeps 6 in three cabins.Below is a large main salon, galley area and fully equipped aft facing nav station. There are 2 sleeping cabins and two heads with showers. Two zone reverse cycle central air-condition/heat systems and Espar diesel forced hot air central heating are valued options for cruising whereever the next owners plan to cruise. When the Espar is operating it can also provide heat to the cockpit.
Phred features a custom teak interior joinery with satin and gloss varnish finish, leather and custom fabric upholstery and a fully removable teak cabinsole with contrasting light inlay. Custom inlaid artwork of Phred's hull lines in gold finish inlay is mounted on main salon bulkhead.All the door entries, aft shower entry and arch separating the salon from the galley are curved, laminated teak moldings.
Large owner stateroom forward with V berth that converts to double with filler. There are 4 drawers, and large teak lined hanging locker and shelving.
- Custom extra thick mattress
- 2 sets 600 count custom fit sheets.
- Full length mirror
Next aft to port is the guest head with vanity, 3 cabinets including medicine locker, and linen storage.
- Skipper Boy Wilcox Crittenden head
- Corian counter with laminate teak fiddle
- Teak grate flooring
- Wrap around shower curtain
- Shower sump/drains
U-shaped settee to port and a straight settee to starboard, with cabinets above and outboard of the settees, with bookshelves. TV & computer enclosed behind one of the cabinet doors to starboard. Upholstery is top grain leather. Settees provide two extra berths for additional guests with storage compartments outboard of the removable backrests. The starboard settee becomes a full berth after removing a panel on the face of an adjoining locker. A double leaf teak dining table with center storage, seats 6-8 guests with a custom made teak stool that mounts securely between the table leaves. To starboard is a full bar with a wine rack for 12 bottles, hanging storage for wine glasses, and additional bottle storage.
To port aft of the main salon is a large U shaped galley with privacy curtain to separate the two cabins. The galley features Corian counters, large capacity refrigerator aft and deep freeze freezer. A stove counter top insert provides additional counter space. A stainless handhold guard is mounted in front of the stove and has attachments for the Chef's Sling for offshore food preparation.
- Mariner 4 burner gimbaled stove/oven
- Propane stove solenoid
- Deep double stainless steel sinks
- Under the galley sink is a 2 zone pump out for the refrigerator/freezer boxes for easy cleaning.
- Refrigeration is a Sea Frost holding plate system with both engine driven and 110V shore or 3000 watt inverter systems for redundancy, selector switches to prioritize chilling, new compressor 2012.
- Separate filter drinking water spigot
Aft Guest Cabin
To starboard and across from nav station is a private guest cabin with double berth and a sliding teak pocket door, hanging locker, drawers and private head with sink vanity with Corian counter and separate shower. Wilcox Crittenden Skipper Boy head.
Nav Station and Electronics
The Navigation area is aft of the galley to port, adjacent to the companionway. Features wide table with lift up leaf for storage, leather seating, and flush mounted electronics.
ELECTRONICS: Nav Station
- Furuno 10" NavNet C-MAP NT plotter/radar/sonar with remotes
- Furuno GP-32 GPS/WAAS Navigator: Secondary GPS
- ICOM VHF IC_M602: with full control remote mic for cockpit
- ICOM IC-M710 MF/HF SSB transceiver with AT 130 tuner
- PACTOR SCS PTC-2 Pro SSB weather fax/email
- Simrad Robertson AP20 Hynautic hydraulic autopilot with dual cockpit controls
- B&G Hydra 2000 display dual cockpit displays
- Fuel tank gauges
- Bass digital electric panel 12V / 110V plus 2nd 110V Bass panel for air conditioning-heating
- 2 Poly planar speakers
ELECTRONICS: at Helm
- Furuno 7" NavNet C-MAP NT plotter/radar/sonar linked to everything
- 2- B&G Hydra 2000's B&G wind direction
- Simrad autopilot
- 6" Ritchie compass with stainless binnacle cover, rebuilt by Ritchie 2011
12V DC service and 110V AC systems with two 30 amp shore power plugs
- Custom Bass circuit breaker panel with 33 DC and 11 AC breakers
- Balmar alternator with Max Charge regulator 2009
- 4 AGM 8D batteries - New 2009 - 3 house , 1 dedicated starting
- Freedom battery charger/inverter
- Xantrex Freedom inverter/charger remote
- 3000 watt inverter
- 50' 30 amp shore power cord
- 20 gal stainless steel dual 110v/engine heated hot water heater
- Hubbell TV cable/phone connector
- LED lighting on all interior lights
- Shore power cables with adapters
Engine and Mechanical
- Yanmar 75hp turbo 2007 (1200 hours)
- ZF Hurth transmission
- Halon auto fire extinguisher in engine compartment
- Stainless steel shaft 1 1/4"
- Max Prop 3 blade folding propeller
- Dual Racor fuel filter with vacuum gauge, electric emergency fuel pump & fuel primer
- Dripless shaft seal
- 2- Marine Air system dual AC heat units. Main cabin 16,000 BTU, guest cabin 10,000 BTU
- Espar 2010 diesel forced hot air central heating system with extra outlet in cockpit
- Jabsco 12V heavy duty bilge pump
- Cockpit Groco emergency manual bilge pump
- Main salon Groco emergency manual bilge pump
- 2- Whale holding tank pumps
- Stainless steel custom holding tanks: 26 gallons forward,16 gallons aft, with extensive Y-valve system with direct discharge and manual pumps for discharge offshore.
Fiberglass hull with Airex coring for sound and thermal insulation as well as panel stiffness/weight reduction. Bi-directional and tri-axial fiberglass material with Vinylester resin in barrier mats for additional blister protection. Wherever there are thru-hulls the core was removed and replaced with solid fiberglass for added strength. Hull is painted with AwlGrip Blue with Gold cove stripe and white boot stripe with red bottom paint, Trinidad SR 75 over an epoxy coated bottom. Last bottom paint was 2/2013.
A one piece structural fiberglass grid incorporates longitudinal and transverse stringers, engine mounts and keel step, providing very strong support structure for the keel attachment and mast step.
- Fiberglass sandwich construction
- H80 Divinycell PVC core with Divinycell H200 used in high stress areas including winch mount locations and windlass mount for deck position.
- Stainless steel double bow and stern pulpits..
- Stainless steel double lifelines with dual gates
- Ideal electric windlass with 200' chain and 250' rode
- 45 lb stainless steel plow primary anchor
- 45 lb Delta secondary anchor
- Saltwater washdown
- Teak cockpit table
- Custom leather wrapped 46" helm wheel
- Cockpit shower, hot and cold
- Edson teak folding cockpit table & drink holder
- Edson pedestal with engine controls, 2 Navpods, and leather wrapped hand holds
- Music speaker in cockpit side wells
- Cockpit heat provided by forced hot air system
- Custom folding stainless swim ladder with teak strips
- Opening port screens
- Pressure salt water washdown for deck
- Mercury 3.5 hp 4 stroke outboard 2010
- 6 dock lines, 4 fenders
Sails and Rigging
- Hall Spars aluminum mainmast finished in white Awlgrip
- Navtec rod rigging inspected 2010
- Navtec hydraulic boom vang & Navtec hydraulic backstay with controls in cockpit.
- Harken roller furl headsail
- Harken roller furl staysail
- Running backstays
- Spinnaker pole vertically mounted on mast
- Harken Bat-Track main sail track
- Harken main sheet traveler system with port and starboard control lines led to cam
- 135% Doyle headsail new 2012
- 100% Doyle 10 oz staysail new 2012
- Mainsail: Ullman full batten with 3 reef points 2003 (reefing from cockpit)
- Mainsail cover new 2013
- 2- Barient 36 electric 2 speed self-tailing primaries
- 2- Barient 28+ 2 speed self-tailing secondaries
- 2- Barient 27 2 speed self-tailing
- 4- Barient 24 2 speed self-tailing for deck
- Dodger - dark blue/beige trim, stainless heavy duty frame with all handholds wrapped in brown leather - new 2010
- New bimini 2010
- New full cockpit enclosure 2010
- All grab rails and helm are fully leather wrapped in dark tan hide
- 3 custom blue/tan cockpit cushions new 2013
- Man Overboard pole with custom in-hull MOB pole receiver in stern.
- New horseshoe throw flotation
- New emergency pull down web boarding ladder
- Bell, emergency tiller
- Strobe light (high intensity), mounted on mast top
- Tri Lens radar reflector. New 2010 - Very expensive and considered one of the best radar reflectors, spreader mounted.
- Wichard padeyes in cockpit for safety line.
Owner's personal effects. Any items not included on this inventory should be considered exclusionary in the sale of the vessel.
Summary of recent work
New B&G speed and temperature sensors (ST-850)
New LPG gas cutoff solenoid
New dodger, Bimini and cockpit enclosure
Installed cockpit heat vents for diesel heating
Mast pulled and inspected, all lights replaced
New Awlgrip on mast and mast base plate
Tri-Lens radar reflector mounted on mast
Rod rigging polished and inspected
Hydraulic boom vang rebuilt
New Whale bilge pump
New anchor rollers
New raw water impeller
Windlass removed, service, new 12VDC motor installed
Anchor locker painted
New leather wheel and dodger hand hold covers
New 3000W inverter installed (allows Seafrost fridge to run off batteries)
Removed, rebuilt and painted both heads w/2-part epoxy
New Yanmar oil pressure sending unit
GPS 5415 backup Chartplotter installed
Added 3rd reef point to main sail
New DC and AC digital amp gauges
Made emergency forward hatch board suitable for offshore work
Removed all prior bottom paint to glass, fully faired bottom, applied new epoxy barrier and paint
Removed and examined centerboard-all okay
Removed and inspected skeg hinge on rudder
Removed all varnish in forward cabin, sanded to gloss, 6 coast of varnish (15 days!)
Removed, inspected anchor rode and chain, repainted witness marks
Painted and varnished stern lazarette
Replaced all interior lights with LEDs - all cabin lights on draw 1 amp
New main sail cover
3 new cockpit cushions
New slip covers aft cabin
New propane tank
New genoa halyard 150' 7/16" low stretch VPC
New 4" anchor roller installed, 2 spares in supplies
Former Owner's Notes
Phred was purchased in 2009 and sailed her from Newport, RI to Florida., then trucked her across country and relaunched her in Seattle in early 2010. Then I sailed her all through the San Juans, Vancouver Island and a 6 month sail up to Alaska and Glacier Bay, Sitka, Hida Quiwaii Vancouver, and now we reside in San Francisco. I enjoyed living on Sapphire and that Sapphire is the nicest sailboat I have ever known. She constantly attracts people who wander over to look at her lines, ask about her creator, share conversation about her beauty and build. It is my firm opinion that she is of a higher build quality than Hinckley. Many will agree upon viewing this sailboat. She is also an amazing performer on the water in all sea conditions. She easily sails in the high 7's and 8's. Her helm is well balanced and her motion is pure joy.
Phred is truly a classic example of the best of both traditional styling and modern performance cruising rig and hull design. The beautiful counter stern and 5'6" custom shoal draft keel with centerboard provide entry to100's of extra harbors and passage through the U.S. intracoastal waterway. The classic sheerline, raked bow and dark blue hull offer a particularly attractive design.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from David Walters Yachts
North Haven, ME, United States
62 Deck Salon
Fort Lauderdale, FL, United States
Palm Beach, FL, United States
Unknown, FL, United States
Unknown, NY, United States
Fort Lauderdale, FL, United States