- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Port Washington, NY
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 89,000
Kairos is a fine example of the very popular Caliber 38
Calibers have garnered a well-deserved reputation for strength, speed and sea kindliness. Her sleeping quarters are true staterooms, expansive and private. Instead of a cramped V-berth, there’s a full forward cabin ample storage and a generous offset berth.
Forward, there is a separate shower compartment with a Plexiglas door, not a plastic curtain.
The aft stateroom has its own head & shower. The Caliber 38’s clever and uncompromising design is further evident in the main salon.
Well – illuminated and richly furnished in teak, this area takes full advantage of the 6’ 5 headroom and wide beam.
Two settees offer ample seating and one converts to double berth.
Kairos presented her, is an excellent example of a true blue water cruiser.
Please contact Lenny Gazda at (516) 382-4633
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Designer: Michael McCreary
LOA: 38 ft 0 in
Beam: 12 ft 8 in
LWL: 32 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 0 in
Displacement: 21500 lbs
Ballast: 9500 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 58 ft 0 in
Total Power: 44 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Model: 4JHBE
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 44 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (156 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (46 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (15 Gallons)
In the bow is a fully equipped head with sink, ample counter space, H & C pressure water, marine toilet and a private fully enclosed shower stall. Next aft is the master stateroom with a large offset queen berth to port and hanging locker with separate vanity to starboard. Next aft is the main salon.
To port is an L-shaped settee that pulls out to make a double berth. There is ample storage below and outboard.
Across to Starboard is a single settee with storage shelves above and behind. Next aft to starboard is the second head With vanity, sink, H& C pressure water, marine toilet and shower.
There are double doors to access either the salon or the aft cabin that offers generous accommodations.
Across to port is a fully equipped L-shaped galley. Aft of the galley is the large nav station with chart table and room for electronics. There are numerous opening hatches and opening ports, all with screens.
- Sea Frost cold plate freezer/ spillover refrigeration in a deep 2-compartment box.
- Two-burner propane stove w/ oven
- Double stainless steel sink
- Hot & Cold pressure water
- Manual Saltwater pump
- Ample counter space
- Storage under and outboard
Electronics and Electrical
- Autohelm ST50 depth finder
- Autohelm ST50 Knot meter
- Autohelm ST 6000 autopilot
- Furuno 821 radar
- Furuno GP30 GPS
- Icom SSB M710RT
- Icom marine VHF radio
- 12V DC system w (master panel and circuit breakers 11v, 30 A shorepower system w/ master panel and circuit breakers
- 50 shorepower cord
- Master battery switches
- Four marine house batteries , 470 amp hours
- One dedicated marine engine starting battery
- Balmar 100 amp engine alternator
- Heart inverter 50 amp battery charger
- Heart 2000 battery monitor
Hull and Deck
- Stainless steel bow & stern pulpits
- Double lifelines W/ boarding gates
- Anchor roller
- Lewmar Ocean 11 anchor windlass
- 45 # CQR w/chain & rode
- Danforth anchor & rode
- FX 55 Fortress day anchor & rode
- Cockpit shower
- Magma grill
Engine and Mechanical
- Yanmar 4JHBE FWC, 44hp diesel
- Kanzaki gear box
- Cockpit mounted instrument panel
- Tachometer & Engine warning system
- Fuel / water separator
- Electric bilge pump
- Manual bilge pump
Sails and Rigging
- Aluminum mast & boom
- Stainless steel standing rigging
- Harkin roller furling system
- North 90% RF jib
- North 130% RF genoa with foam luff
- Full batten mainsail with lazy jacks
- Storm staysail & deck bag
- Self-tailing winches
- Mainsheet & traveler
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.