- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Boothbay, ME
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 74,900
Single diesel, Downeast design will turn heads anywhere this boat travels
A two owner boat, cruised the Maine coast until present owner had her hauled to Florida in May, 2013. On arrival, the Cummins Distributor performed a thorough inspection and provided the new owner with a favorable report. Boat was trucked back to Maine - June 2015
This Blue Seas 31 is in remarkable condition. Space of a 35' boat efficiently designed in 31 feet. 360 degress visibilty from the cabin, even if you sitting on a settee.
Very capable and fuel stingy diesel engine The Blue Seas 31 rides a semidisplacement Down East style hull with a tall, moderately flared bow and unbroken sheer. It has a sharp entry and a flat run aft, with a full keel and skeg-hung rudder protecting the single prop.
Boat is fully found with all galley items, blankets, gear, gear and more gear
GULF OF MAINE YACHT SALES websites #1 www.GulfofMaineYachtSales.com
#2 www.BoatingInMaine.com #3 www.gomys.com Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Office line (207)899.0909 or cell phone (207) 831.3168
Please contact John Holmes at (207) 899.0909
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Blue Seas
Designer: Royal Lowell
LOA: 31 ft 0 in
Beam: 11 ft 6 in
Maximum Draft: 3 ft 3 in
Displacement: 11500 lbs
Total Power: 210 HP
Engine Brand: Cummins
Engine Model: 6 BT-5.9M
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 1100
Engine Power: 210 HP
Cruising Speed: 12 knots @ 2100 RPM
Maximum Speed: 14 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: 2 Plastic (80 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 2 Aluminum (200 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 1 Plastic (8 Gallons)
Select video link and the click full screen tab in lower right corner of slide picture.
Sleeps five. Double vee berth forward with shelves and storage undeneath. Bureau with three teak drawers is aft to port followed by a quarter berth. To starboard is a hanging locker and a large enclosed head, Head has a vanity with enclosed storage shelves, under counter locker, stainless steel sink, hot and and cold pressure water, wall mounted shower and a manual flush MSD.
Headroom in the focsle is maximum of 6'4' and minimum of 6'0''. There are four opening aluminum framed ports with curtains and screens. An overhead hatch with solar fan provides good light and ventilation. Also includes a screen. Finished teak trim and a varnished cabin sole.
In the main cabin, a settee converts to a double berth. The quarter berth measures 6'4''. Vee berths are 6'7'' at maximum.
Main cabin and galley
Up three steps to the pilothouse. The starboard helm station has a wide fixed upholstered helm seat with drawer and storage locker underneath. Aft of helm chair is a well designed galley with a Force 10 (4) burner propane stove with oven, a cutting board, deep stainless steel sink, several drawers and pantry locker. Port side - a Norcold refrigerator, 12v/110v, and a three cushion settee which pulls out and becomes a roomy berth.
Port and starboard windows slide open for ventilation and are fitted with screens and privacy curtains. Three fixed windows forward with an opening vent below the center window. New overhead fabric in 2013 with perforated sound insulation providing a very quiet cabin area when underway.
You will not be uncomfortable when the night air temperature drops. You are equipped with an Espar diesel fired heater, with outlets in both the pilothouse and forward cabin.
There is a very practical portable dining table that is mounted on a pedestal with a teak base. This can be used in the pilothouse or moved to the cockpit. Cabin sole is 8'4'' x 3'8''. Headroom is 6'4'' to 6'0''
Both aft windows open and are fitted with screens. The lower half of the center door is louvered with screen and a removable panel for more ventilation.
Cushions were recovered 2013 with blue fabric.
The cockpit measures 7'3'' fore and aft, 9'9'' to 7'3'' port to starboard. Locker storage p/s and beneath deck storage. Two Stainless rod holders. Life ring. Mounted folding swim ladder. Swim platform with (3) teak grates.
Foredeck and Flybridge
A sturdy stainless steel ladder with grab rails and teak treads leads to the upper steering station. The bridge has a center upholstered helm seat and two side fixed seats with lockers underneath. A complete set of instrument gauges, throttle and shift lines are mounted on the dash. The bimini fabric was new in 2011. New console cover 2013.
From the cockpit to the bow, wide decks make safe footing and handrails on the cabin and flybridge for handholds. A high bow rail starts at midship up to the pulpit. Anchor windlass is operated with foot switches.
- Solid and heavy fiberglass layup from keel to engine bed stringers, Fiberglass and balsa cored from stringers to deck.
- Fiberglass over balsa cored deck and superstructure. Full length skeg with protected rudder. Deck through bolted to hull with overlapping shoe fit and sealant.
- Off white hull, blue bottom and boot, off white cabin and flybridge, light grey nonskid, fiberglass fore and aft splash rails. Fiberglass bow pulpit, swim platform with boarding and swim ladder. Stainless steel bow rail and handrails. All exterior teak is maintained with five coats of varnish.
- Single Cummins, fresh water cooled, 6 cylinder diesel, model 6BT5'9-M turbo charged with H.D. 1:5:1 reductiong ear. Thorough inspection by Cummins Distributor upon arrival in Florida, 2013 with a favorable report.
- Resilient vibration mounts
- 1 3/8" stainless shaft. 4 blade propeller, drive saver on shaft and gear linkage
- Hydraulic steering.
- Bennett trim tabs 9" x 24"
- 200 gallon fuel capacity in two marine aluminum fuel tanks. Approximately 80 gallons of water in two plastic tank. Plastic holding tank with macerator (2005).
- Dual fuel gauges, fuel selector valves, bronze through hulls, large Groco raw water filter, Racor fuel filter.
- Seaward 6 gallon hot water heater(110v or heat exchanger).
- New H.D. alternator in 2005. Voltage regulator 2013.
- Sound insulation under pilothouse floor and forward bulkhead.
- Three engine access hatches, rudder access hatch in cockpit.
- Side exhaust aft to starboard
- 12 volt system with separate AC/DC circuit breaker panels.
- Two starting batteries and one house battery - all new 2013, two master switches.
- Three electric bilge pumps
- Three Panograph electric windshield wipers with covers
- Battery charger - new 2013
- Flybridge - Garmin 740S GPS/Chartplotter (new 2013), Ritchie compass, ST40 slave display.
- Helm station - Raytheon R2OX radar, Ritchie Compass Raytheon ST 40 system including speed, distance and water temperature. ICOM IV M120 VHF Sound system with tape, AM/FM, 4 speakers.
- 8' Inflatable raft, small outboard
- Lewmar 1000 Electric/manual windlass
- Main anchor is a 35 lb CQR. with chain and rode
- 25 lb fisherman's anchor backup or lunch hook
- Docklines, fenders, throw ring, life jackets,
- 2 fire extinguishers
- Cutting spurs on the shaft
- Manuals for most every system
Gulf of Maine Yacht Sales offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Gulf of Maine Yacht Sales
Yarmouth, ME, United States
Portland, ME, United States
Harpswell, ME, United States
Westport, ME, United States
Chebeague Island, ME, United States
Brunswick, ME, United States