- View Full Specifications
Just completed transatlantic!
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Deltaville, VA
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 399,000
NIMBUS is a Trintella 57A, built in 1987/1988 by Trintella Shipyard in Holland, designed by E.G. van de Stadt. She is a true blue water yacht, built to the highest Dutch yacht building standards. Her owner just sailed her in December 2014 from the Med to Virginia. Meticulously maintained with excellent sail inventory. Full electronics. She has three comfortable cabins sleeping 6, large saloon and well protected deckhouse. Her hull is approved by Lloyds. With her aluminum insulated hull and superstructure, teak decks (glued not bolted, new rubbers 2009), hydraulic Lewmar winches, Vetus bow thruster, numerous hatches and portholes, center cockpit and fixed deckhouse she is lacking for nothing if it's the worlds distant cruising grounds you seek.
From her owner:
The hull is approved by Lloyds and has a certificate. The boat was designed by Van De Stadt. Construction plans are included with the boat. All previous invoices are included as well, however they are in Dutch. An Owner's manual is included and is in English, however it was convered from Dutch via Google translate and isn't perfect. The original keel and rudder were removed and replaced with more modern design in 2004. All of the steering gear is whitlock type (shafts with gearboxes and U-joints) and replaced in 2004 when the rudder was installed. This work was done by "Bloemsma" B.V. Of Makkum, in the Netherlands, the original builder of the hull and superstructure. The mast is a Hood Sto-way, hydraulic operations with manual back-up. The Genoa furling is a Rondal hydraulic unit with manual back-up, rebuilt by Rondal in 2012. I was concerned about reliability of these units when I bought the boat. After a total of 7600 sea miles with zero problems I have learned to love push button furling and infinite adjustability in the main (and of course the genoa). The hydraulic pump, manifold, solenoids, etc are all mounted in a nice package in the engine room. The anchor, furlers and winches are all operated by air buttons with air lines running to the engine room. I think this set-up contributes to the reliability as there are not any electric motors or wires mounted on deck, in the mast, etc. 4 of the 6 cockpit winches are hydraulic, 2 are manual. 3 Manual winches at the mast. The auto pilot is a direct drive unit and worked flawlessly in the 7600 miles we sailed the boat, including through the storms we encountered. A new direct drive auto pilot unit is included as back-up. I also have back-up matching B&G head and computer units, so basically a fully auto pilot system as back up. Displacement 25 tons, ballast 10 tons, bulb keel (instead of centerboard) TANKAGE
- 330 gallons fuel capacity
- 500 gallons water capacity
- 116 gallons holding tank capacity.
ACCOMODATION Classic modern teak interior.
- Accommodation for six persons in three double cabins, full beam double bedded owner's cabin aft with A/C and ensuite bathroom, two twin bedded guest cabins forward, each with individual head and sink, plus a shower to share.
- Saloon with comfortable seating for 8 persons, huge dining table.
- Very well equipped nav station.
- Beautiful deckhouse with great views and lots of protection from the elements, large table - excellent for outdoor eating.
- Webasto heating
- Separate wet bar
Large galley with great worktop space and ample storage space
- double front-loading fridges
- deep freezer
- 4-burner stove (2 gas, 2 electric)
- extractor fan
- cutlery and glassware
- 14 gallons hot water heater (2005).
- Perkins T6.3544(M) 165 hp diesel, ±2760 engine hours (10.12)
- stainless steel shaft
- Vari-Fold 4-bladed propeller(2005), spare propeller
- bow thruster
- 24/220v electric system
- Onan MDL 3 12 kw generator, ±1,875 engine hours (10.12)
- Victron Centauer 24/80 battery charger(2009)
- Mastervolt Mass 24/4500 inverter, shorepower.
- Plath compass
- Watchmate XB-8000 AIS transponder
- Brookes & Gatehouse depth/speed/wind instruments (digital at nav. station and at steering position, analog in deckhouse)
- Brookes & Gatehouse autopilot
- FURUNO GPS32
- Simrad CX 44SVB TFT plotter. (All 2005)
- Furuno 36 nm radar
- Nav 4+ Navtex receiver
- electronics Delta 100 antenna
- Samsung LCD TV.(2011).
- Winter cover
- deck house cushions
- PLASTIMO dinghy with TOHATSU 3,5hp outboard
- Lewmar hydraulic anchor winch, CQR 34 kg anchor with 60m chain, separate chain locker with inspection hatch
- bathing platform with stainless steel bathing ladder
- hot/cold deck shower
- large storage locker
- windshield wipers
- spare parts
- clock, barometer
- IPOD docking station
- Plastimo 6 man life raft (2014)
- 6 self-inflating life vests
- alarm system
- Hood aluminum hydraulic stowaway mast
- Hood boom
- Rondal hydraulic genoa furler (complete refurbished 2012)
- Navtec hydraulic backstay adjuster
- Navtec hydraulic boomvang
- Lewmar sheet winches: 2x 65ST hydraulic for genoa sheets, 1x 55ST hydraulic for mainsheet, 1x 55ST hydraulic for main outhaul, 2x 55ST manual for spinnaker, 3 on mast.
SAILS Hood sails
- 9.4 oz Vectran mainsail (2005), good
- 7.7 oz Vectran genoa (2005), fair
- Genoa (2), used twice, as new
- Spinnaker with Nimbus logo, fair in a sock
- Hank on staysail in good condition
- Storm trisail on separate track, new never used
Esse Quam Videri
Owner/Broker Grace Yachting Group
Esse Quam Videri
Are you in interested in selling your boat
or are you ready to buy a boat?
I have been very fortunate to have spent much of the last 12 years cruising aboard our boat with my amazing family. I have cruised the east coast from Maine to Florida several times and have sailed to Bermuda. I rode out hurricanes Sandy and Irene. With that cruising life came the knowledge developed from the personal restoration and reconfiguration of our boats both sail and power. I am eager to share the knowledge gained in my hands on approach to boating and the passion I have for this incredible lifestyle! I am always looking for new quality listings to connect to new owners.
I work tirelessly for my clients in assisting them in locating, previewing and purchasing boats in addition to selling their boats. If I can assist you in your pursuit of “simply messing about in boats” I would be honored.
Please contact Mark Bowerman at 919-602-4068
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 57 ft 0 in
Beam: 16 ft 3 in
Minimum Draft: 7 ft 9 in
Bridge Clearance: 76 ft 0 in
Headroom: 6 ft 9 in
Total Power: 165 HP
Engine Brand: Perkins
Year Built: 1988
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 165 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: 1 Aluminum (500 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 1 Aluminum (330 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 1 Aluminum (116 Gallons)
Number of cabins: 3
Number of heads: 2
Total Liferaft Capacity: 6
2016 Upgrades completed:
Old bottom coatings bead blasted off and new barrier coatings and new antifouling coatings applied.
- New 110 amp / 24 volt Mark Grasser custom isolated ground alternator with remote rectifier for better cooling.
- New Electromax fully programmable regulator with display screen.
- New custom serpentine belt kit fitted to main engine to support the high amp alternator.
- 6 new Mastervolt 225 amp hour batteries installed for house battery bank for a total of 675 amp hours at 24 volts.
- New Victron Energy 115 / 230 volt isolation transformer installed. Functions on Europe and US shore power.
- New PSS dripless shaft seal installed.
- New custom stainless steel wet elbow for main engine.
- New 24 volt diaphragm bilge pump for engine room, mounted in dry location out of bilge.
- New emergency bilge pump plumbing to allow main engine seawater pump to draw bilge water from keel bilge or engine room bilge or both in case of emergency. All plumbing feeds engine through sea strainer.
- Full service on main engine, including new water pump, engine coolant hoses & high pressure oil cooling hoses for turbo and transmission.
- New backstay professionally installed.
- New bow thruster prop.
- June 2015 – New port and starboard cabin windows installed.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Atlantic crossing video