- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Barcaldine, Argyll & Bute, United Kingdom
- Hull Material:
- Last Listed Price:
- £ 35,000 Tax Paid (US$ 42,931)
Designed by David Thomas, the Sigma 362 is a cruising version of the successful Sigma 36 racer. She was one of the first Sigmas to have a modern double aft cabin layout, and yet retains most of the performance and all of the superb handling that makes all the Sigma yachts sought after.
The Sigma 362 has a lead and iron (lead-base on an iron fin) keel with a good ballast ratio, and an easily handled masthead rig. They are strongly built, and the design quickly proved very popular with both club racers, and with sailing schools.
We look forward to organising your viewing and answering any questions you may have.
Rhu Boat Sales, Michael Schmidt & Partner, Tel: +0044(0)1436 821606 - email@example.com
IMPORTANT NOTICE PLEASE READ
Boats are available for viewing on PONTOONS, HARD STANDING (ladder access), on MOORINGS and in some cases FURTHER AFIELD. Please contact us before hand to check the location of the vessel you wish to view and any special requirements. If you are traveling a distance this is especially important in order to make sure the boats you wish to view are in their advertised location and available for viewing.
Please contact MS&P Rhu at +44 (0)1436 821606
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 11.0 m
Beam: 3.51 m
LWL: 8.77 m
Minimum Draft: 1.85 m
Maximum Draft: 1.85 m
Displacement: 5805 kgs
Ballast: 2340 kgs
Total Power: 30 HP
Engine Brand: Volvo
Engine Model: Penta 2030
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Propeller: Folding propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 30 HP
Cruising Speed: 6 knots
Maximum Speed: 7 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: 2 Plastic (226 Liters)
Fuel Tanks: 1 (113 Liters)
Designed by David Thomas, and sold in fairly large numbers through the 1980s, the Sigma 362 was a cruising version of the successful Sigma 36 racer. She was one of the first Sigmas to have a modern double aft cabin layout, and yet retains most of the performance and all of the superb handling that makes all the Sigma yachts sought after.
The Sigma 362 has a lead and iron (lead-base on an iron fin) keel with a good ballast ratio, and an easily handled masthead rig. They are strongly built, and the design quickly proved very popular with both club racers, and with sailing schools, which is why you often find many of these boats that have had a fairly hard life.
'Sailing Today' described the design as a modern classic, and said ".... The Sigma 362 achieves an admirable balance between creature comforts, sailing performance and good looks, which is about all that I’d ask for in my ideal cruiser."
Hull & Construction
Designed by David Thomas and by Marine Projects in 1988. The hull and deck are in white GRP and she has an iron fin keel with a lead shoe and wheel steering in an aft style cockpit.
Accommodation comprises 7 berths in total in 2 cabins with 6ft 2" of headroom, Eberspacher heating and cabin lighting
Forward cabin has a double berth in "V" shape and has good storage in built in shelves and a hanging locker to stbd and a wash basin to port.
Main Saloon features double settee berth to port and a single settee berth to stbd and a large folding leaf table. The galley is "L" shaped and to port aft in the saloon. It has a Plastimo Neptune 2500 cooker with oven and grill and a 2 burner hob. Twin stainess steel sinks with pressurised hot & cold water and a fridge. Ample storage throughout the saloon in built in shelves and various lockers and drawers. Chart table and navigation station to stbd aft.
- Panasonic stereo.
Heads are aft of the navigation station with a Jabsco marine toilet, shower and wash basin with hot and cold pressurised water.
Double aft cabin to port which is spacious and has good storage in built in bulkhead lockers.
The interior is finished in Brocade grey upholstery and varnished teak.
Volvo Penta 2030 30 hp inboard 3 cylinder diesel engine with shaft drive to a 2 blade folding prop.
- Engine newly installed 1999
- Fresh and sea water cooled via heat exchanger.
- Volvo gear box.
- Morse controls.
- Last serviced Oct 15.
- Stern gland (packless) & Cutlass bearing replaced 2012.
- Spares include oil & fuel filter and impellor.
12 volt ships electrical system which is powered by 3 batteries, with the ships electrical panel at the navigation station.
- 2 x domestic batteries 12v 110ah (2013).
- 1 x engine start battery 12v 85ah (2016).
- 230v shore power with cable.
- Morven 3 stage battery charger.
Mast, Rigging & Sails
Masthead sloop rigged with alloy mast & boom by Kemp. Stainless steel standing rigging (2007) and braid on braid running rigging (2007).
- Slab reefing on the mainsail.
- Furlex furling system.
- Whisker pole.
- Stack pack.
- Lazy jacks.
- Mainsail cover.
- Sobstad mainsail in Dacron in good condition.
- Sobstad Genoa in Dacron in good condition.
- Working Jib also by Sobstad.
- Storm Jib by Crusader Sails.
- Removable inner forestay.
Deck & Deck Equipment
Easily navigated wide side decks and spacious foredeck which is secured by a stanless steel pulpit, alloy stanchions with double stainless steel guard wires and stainless steel quarter pushpits.
- Simpson & Lawrence manual anchor windlass.
- 35lb CQR anchor with 30m of 3/8" chain and 30m of 16mm warp.
- 20lb Brittany anchor with 5m of 3/8" chain and 30m of 16mm warp.
- Double bow roller.
- 4 warps.
- 4 mooring cleats.
- 6 fenders.
- 8 rope clutches.
- Winter cover.
- Boarding ladder.
- Avon Redseal 5 man dinghy.
- OB bracket (the outboard engine featured in the picture is not for sale).
- 2 x Lewmar 30, 2 speed self tailing manual Halyard winches.
- 2 x Lewmar 46, 2 speed self tailing manual Genoa winches.
- 2 x Lewmar 30, 2 speed manual Spinnaker winches.
- 2 x winch handles.
- Standard Horizon DSC VHF radio (2007). Chart table.
- VHF cockpit speaker.
- Garmin 128 GPS. Chart table.
- Nasa echosounder (2009). Cockpit.
- Autohelm 4000 autopilot (2012). Cockpit.
- Plastimo compass. Cockpit.
- Raytheon R10X radar. Chart table.
- Nasa speed and log. Cockpit.
- Garmin 451 plotter (2010). Chart table.
- Stowe wind speed & direction. Cockpit.
- Stowe wind close haul. Cockpit.
- Seago Valise 6 man liferaft (2010) - service due 2017.
- Manual bilge pump.
- Fire blanket.
- 3 fire extinguishers.
- 4 life jackets.
- 4 harnesses.
- Harness points.
- 2 lifebuoys.
- MOB recovery.
- Navigation lights, tri and deck.
Items that may appear in the pictures but are not included in the sale are as follow:
- Oil lamp.
- Handheld VHF.
- Hand bear compass.
- 2.3hp outboard engine.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Whilst we make best effort to obtain documentation from Vendors it is advisable to check what is available before travelling to view or making an offer.
Other Boats from Michael Schmidt & Partner Ltd
Rhu Marina, Argyll & Bute, United Kingdom
Rhu, Argyll & Bute, United Kingdom
Rosneath, Argyll & Bute, United Kingdom
Ireland, United Kingdom
Craobh Haven, Argyll & Bute, United Kingdom
Trinity House converted launch
Rosneath, Argyll & Bute, United Kingdom