1988 Nauticat 40
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Located In:
- Eliot, ME
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 209,000
BREMER SPECK is as good an example of this venerable Sparkman Stephens Nauticat 40' design as you are likely to find anywhere. Her owner has recently finshed replacing much of her equipment which this listing will detail as to make model & date...Be sure to click on full specifications.
Nauticat is the premiere and largest builder of quality traditional and modern motorsailers in the world. Nauticat 40's S & S pedigree is a result of Nauticat acquiring the molds for their original 52and 43 from Nautor in the early 80's They liked these some much they commissioned S &S to design the 40'. It is the perfect choice for extended cruising and liveaboard. You will be challenged to find a more livable aft cabin on a 40 foot sailboat of this size and vintage.
A great and easy to handle size for a cruising couple with room for the rest of the family or friends...
If you have to travel to see her,do so, you will not be disappointed!!
In my 38 years of helping SELLERS and BUYERS Sell and find good Nauticats I seldom run across one with such current and complete refitting and updating.
Don't miss this one!
Please contact Robert Beaumont at 781-799-6849
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 39 ft 4 in
Beam: 13 ft 1 in
LWL: 32 ft 9 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 9 in
Displacement: 30865 lbs Half Load
Ballast: 9480 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 60 ft 4 in
Cruising Speed: 8 knots
Maximum Speed: 8 knots
Range: 800 nm
BREMER SPECK has a traditional V-berth forward with a hatch overhead for light and ventilation. An upper berth is to Port. There is a filler to convert the V-berth to a double. There are hanging lockers just aft opposite the head compartment. The upholstery in the forward cabin is all NEW
Aft is head compartment to Starboard with a hatch overhead added by the owner. There is a handheld shower, a NEW Jabsco toilet, hoses, macerator pump, and 25 Gall. Polyetylene holding tank (unused). The floor is tiled. There is white formica on the bulkheads which is trimmed out in Teak. There is a locker outboard of the sink.
Continuing aft is a fore and aft arranged galley with an L-shape at the aft end; arranged to PORT There are double Stainless steel sinks & hot & cold pressure water, a NEW 2012 2015 Force 10 gimballed Stove w/ oven and a top-loading ice box.
The Icebox has a NEW, 2012-15 Frigoboat 12V, seawater-cooled freezer and refrigeration & a separate freezer in a sliding drawer in the aft cabin.Lockers are outboard in the galley
Across to Port from the galley is the dinette which is U-shaped with plenty of storage beneath and outboard to Starboard The settee was reupholstered with NEW Ultra-Leather between 2012-2015.
Aft & up 2 steps is the PILOTHOUSE, long the trademark of Nauticat Motorsailers and pilothouse sailing yachts. There is 360 degrees of visibility; seated or standing and shelter from the elements with a complete helm station from which to pilot the vessel in inclimate weather. The pilothouse which is richly appointed was recoated with Satin-finish varnish between 2012-2015.
Looking forward in the pilothouse there is an eyebrow overhead with instruments and gauges arrayed for quick visual reference. in the forward Starboard corner is the charttable, Navigation electronics, helm, gear & throttle. Fore and aft arranged to Starboard are the Electrical panel and then deep lockers. Over the locker is a shelf beneath the Starboard pilothouse windows.The middle PH windows were upgraded between 2012-2014 to Bowman opening portlights which can be opened vertically for great cross-ventilation. Also, between 2012-14 NEW, opening, aft-looking, Bjerg portlights were added in the PH; another custom upgrade.
The Port side of the pilothouse has an elevated, U-shaped dinette embracing a teak table. The settee was reupholstered with NEW ULTRA-Leather between 2012-2015.
There is storage under the pilothouse settee and outboard.
Aft and down 2 steps is large Owners stateroom with full-athwart-ship volume; uncompromised by the engine spaces. There is a Centerline Queen-sized berth (the mattress is split fore and aft for a seacloth for offshore), a desk or vanity and a settee. The upholstery is NEW. There is a Stall shower in a compartment in the forward Starboard corner of this cabin, (2) hanging lockers and plenty of smaller lockers. 6 opening portlights and an optional overhead hatch provide light and ventilation.
The cabin soles throughout the boat are teak and holly.
HULL and DECK
- Hull is a Sparkman & Stephens designed Modified fin Keel with a skeg hung rudder; hand-laminated fiberglass.
- 2017 bottom paint recoated
- (1) 70 # plow anchor with 150' chain, (1) 35# Danforth type anchor
- Davits, transom-mounted
- Antenna Arch
- Teak Decks-- The subdeck on which the teak is laid is solid fiberglass hand-laminated fiberglass layup; NO coring.
- Large cleats & chocks for mooring pennants and dockines forward. Large cleats & chocks aft and midships for dock and spring lines
- Lofrans electricWindlass with up & down momentary foot switches
- (2) Stainless Steel horns
- NEW 2012-14 Dodger, It is extra high and long.. It is full canvas or Eisenglass forward, sides and aft. there are also screen drops for the aft end opening to the cockpit and helm area.The forward end of the cockpit can be fully enclosed or simply a dodger.
- Outboard bracket
- Custom teak seats built into the aft corners of the lifelines and teak handrail on the aft deck
- In the lifeline system Stainless Steel tube has replaced wire rope creating a structurally stronger system.
- Solar powered electric fans
- Blue, canvas mooring covers for deck hatches
- Raymarine E120W Chartplotter, digital Radar-installed NEW, 2017 in pilothouse
- Raymarine E90W Chartplotter, digital Radar installed NEW, 2017 at cockpit helm
- ECHOmaster, electronic enhancer of radar footprint
- Raymarine ST 70 windspeed & direction , speed , depth & log; pilothouse & cockpit,Installed NEW, 2017
- Raymarine VHF
- Clock,Barometer, thermometer, Tide clock
- Raymarine Autopilot, SPX Brain NEW, 2014
- Hydraulic lines NEW 2012-'14
- Suunto Compasses (2); pilothouse & cockpit
- Planet Audio Stereo w /speakers
- Flatscreen TV
- NEW, 2017, Mark Rogers CUSTOM 12V, 120V breakered panel with voltage and amperage gauges, illuminated
- NEW, 2017, (4)pairs 6 Volt deep cycle House batteries totaling 700 amps
- NEW, 2014, (2) pairs Starting batteries
- NEW, 2017, Xantrax Battery Charger 60 Amp
- NEW, 2017 Xantrax Inverter
- NEW, 2017, Xantrax panel
- Wind generator
- The boat Newly-wired for Solar panels (none installed)
- All wiring NEW from Bus bar
- NEW 2012-14, pilothouse overhead lights with white/red lens.
SAILS, RIGGING & WINCHES
- BREMMER SPECK Is ketch-rigged
- Selden in-mast furling. Mast height is 62'
- SAILS::Doyle-- All sails used during a season off boat in off season sent to the sailmaker for washing and checking.
- Furling Mainsail, 2012, vertical battens; used only 6 times, excellent condition, Like NEW
- 2nd mainsail, good condition
- Doyle Genoa, 2007, Like NEW
- Asymetrical Spinnaker with Sock, Used 6 times, Like New
- Storm Trysail, unused, Like NEW
- Storm Jib, like NEW
- WINCHES:NEW 20012-2015
- Hutton 56, electric primaries
- All other standard winches Upgraded & Upsized to Lewmar self -tailing
- Lewmar mainsheet traveller
- All Standing Rigging replaced, 2007, by Northeast Rigging
- NEW, 2017, Profurl Furler
- NEW, 2017 Navtec hydraulic backstay adjusters
- NEW, 2017Navtec hydraulic boom vang
ENGINE and MECANICAL
- FORD Lehman 90 HP, 4 cylinder diesel.
- Teleflex- Capialano hydraulic-steering, at pilothoiuse and cockpit helms with separate pumps.
- Hydrovane Self-Steering system mounted on transom.
- NEW 2012-'14 , Morse controls; gear & throttle
- Max prop feathering prop
- NEW 2012-2015. Fuel tanks were replaced with heavy-duty Polyetylene tanks--70 Galls to Port & 75 to Starboard. ABYC standard fill and delivery hoses were renewed at the same time.
- Double RACOR fuel & water separator filters replaced the original filters and aFuel polishing system was added as well
- Water tanks(2) are stainless steel and contain 211 galls.
- Holding tank is 25 galls.
- Immarsat system
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Able Yacht Brokerage
Chicago, IL, United States
So. Bristol, ME, United States
Milford, CT, United States