- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Kemah, TX
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 109,900
High Quality Construction & Joinery
Enormous Interior & Cockpit
Transom Door to Swim Platform
Hard Factory Windshield (Dodger)
4' 9" Draft
Modified Full Keel with Keel-Hung Rudder
Quality construction, innovative design, excellent accommodations, superb joinery and traditional good looks immediately come to mind when considering a Gozzard 36. Her decks are wide and uncluttered and her cockpit is huge with plenty of elbow room for crew and guests.
With her true cutter rig and modified full keel, she shines when the wind pipes up and the weather turns cranky. She is designed for short-handed sailing, making her an excellent option for a cruising couple.
Below, she is quite stunning and certainly unconventional with her two salons and open layout. The large salon, located all the way forward, is cleverly designed and can be easily converted into a large, private cabin. The open nav station and quarter berth can also be quickly converted into a second private cabin. If you have not been on a Gozzard 36, you will be surprised how spacious and practical her interior is.
Gypsy Moon is a fine example of this well-regarded design and a rare offering in this region.
Gozzards are built to a very high standard both structurally and in finish quality. The Canadian company is highly regarded, still in business and they are very willing to support their product and answer questions.
Contact the listing broker
Paul Stehfest 903-401-9049 Paul@HSHyachts.com
Contact the listing broker for additional information, photos, or if you have any questions about this listing.
Want to sell your boat? I'm always looking for clean, quality listings. Contact me for a free, professional, personalized market evaluation.
Please contact Paul Stehfest at 903-401-9049
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 42 ft 0 in
Beam: 12 ft 6 in
LWL: 29 ft 6 in
Maximum Draft: 4 ft 9 in
Displacement: 18150 lbs
Ballast: 6850 lbs
Total Power: 46 HP
Engine Brand: Westerbeke
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 1750
Engine Power: 46 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: Aluminum (80 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: Aluminum (40 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (30 Gallons)
Engine and Mechanical
12,000 BTU AC/Heat
- Furuno Navnet Chartplotter
- Raytheon Autopilot
- Furuno depth, speed
- Sunet wind
- ICOM VHF
- 110VAC Shore power with 30 amp cord
- Guest 30a battery charger
- Air Breeze wind generator (2011)
- 100a Balmar alternator
- Four 12VDC batteries (2 group 27, 2 group 24)
- Double stainless steel sinks
- Hot and cold pressure water
- Separate manual hand pump
- 3 burner propane stove with oven
- Large fridge with freezer (condition unkown, not currently working--may need to be serviced or replaced)
- Bronze raw water hand pump at the sinks
- Excellent counter space
- Abundant storage in cabinets and drawers
The head is to port of the companionway within easy access of the cockpit
- Shower with curtain and designated sump and 12v pump
- Jabsco manual commode
Sails and Sail Handling Equipment
Sails are in very good condition
- Main (2011) fully battened with 2 Jiffy reef points and Lazy Jacks
- Genoa (2011) with Harken roller furling
- Staysail (2011) with Harken roller furling
- Mast-mounted whisker pole
- Rigid boom vang
- Self-tailing winches
- Rope clutches
Deck, Hull and Cockpit
Gypsy Moon features a modified full keel with a cut-away forefoot and a large cut-away portion between the keel and the skeg for the rudder. The reduced wetted area lessens drag and increases manuverability when in tight quarters.
- AirX wind generator
- Large well-designed cockpit
- Centerline cockpit table with centerline self-tailing winches
- Transom door to swim platform
- Folding boarding ladder
- Bow sprit with teak platform and SS anchor roller
- Closed cell cockpit cushions in excellent condition
- Emergency tiller
- Original Gozzard 8' North Castle dinghy
- Dinghy davits
- Companionway doors with stained glass windows
- Separate screen door for companionway
- Nautical teak steering wheel
- Hard dodger
- Bimini with connector
- Large, traditional opening overhead hatches
- Cockpit table/wheel cover and hatch covers
- Horseshoe throw ring
- Sunbrella handrail covers
- Electric windlass
- Plow anchor with approximately 20' of chain and 150' rode
- Large locker forward just aft of winlass
- Propane locker forward with 20# aluminum bottle
- New LED bow running lights
- MOB pole
Quality mahogany joiner work is featured throughout the interior of the vessel. All the locker doors have cane inserts which are both decorative and provide excellent ventilation.
Gypsy Moon features 2 large salons with a spacious and open layout. The salon which is all the way forward can be quickly converted into a large, separate cabin. The port and starboard settees can be quickly transformed into a center-line queen berth. A cleverly designed bulkhead and closet door can be closed for privacy when needed.
Just aft and to starboard is the main salon with a long L-shaped settee and a well-designed folding salon table which can be expanded depending on the size needed for a given occasion.
To port is an excellent galley with plenty of working space to please the cook, as well as excellent storage, 3 burner propane stove with oven, fridge, freezer, double SS sink with both pressure water and a manual hand pump.
The head is to port and just aft of the galley. Excellent access from both the cockpit and the salon. The head has a shower with curtain, a vanity and a manual commode.
To starboard of the companionway is the nav station with a quarter berth just aft. The nav desk can be left in the “small size” for easy access, or can be expanded when more desk area is needed. This area can also be quickly and easily closed off to create a second private cabin.
There is an abundance of storage and innovative ideas in the interior of this boat. Excellent ventilation is provided by eight large opening ports throughout and two butterfly hatches on deck.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from HSH Yacht Sales
Kemah, TX, United States
League City, TX, United States
KEMAH, United States
50 Center Cockpit
Kemah, TX, United States
Camper & Nicholsons
Hard Dodger Center Cockpit
KEMAH, TX, United States
Bermuda 40 MKII