- Video Gallery
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Punta Gorda, FL
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 36,000
Catalina 34 is a very popular model as a great family and friends coastal cruiser. After an enjoyable sail in this steady, well-designed sloop. Host dock and anchorage gatherings for 7-8. The wing keel shoal 4' 3" draft is perfect for sailing in shallower waters of Florida West Coast and the Bahamas.
This Tall Rig model is rigged for single handing with all lines led aft to cockpit through clutches to strong self-tailing 2 speed winches. With mainsail in stackpack and roller furling genoa, no need to go forward on deck to raise or lower sails.
Enjoy the very spacious interior of this 34' yacht with twin settees converting to berths, seating area for 9 or so, fully equipped galley, two private sleeping cabins and private head. Woodwork, teak and holly sole and cushions are in very good condition.
Edwards Yacht Sales on Facebook
For more information and to see this highly popular Catalina 34 Tall Rig at a modest price, contact Capt. Calvin at 941.830.1047 or CaptCalvin@EdwardsYachtSales.com or Wendy at 941.916.0660.
Out of state buyers may purchase this boat in Florida and sail our beautiful Florida waters for up to 180 days without paying Florida sales tax. Ask Capt. Calvin for details.
Please contact Calvin Cornish at 7274498222
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Designer: Frank Butler
LOA: 34 ft 6 in
Beam: 11 ft 9 in
LWL: 29 ft 10 in
Minimum Draft: 4 ft 3 in
Maximum Draft: 4 ft 3 in
Displacement: 11950 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 51 ft 7 in
Total Power: 23 HP
Engine Brand: Universal
Year Built: 1988
Engine Model: M25XP
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 1095
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 23 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (71 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (23 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (15 Gallons)
Number of single berths: 1
Number of double berths: 3
Number of cabins: 3
Number of heads: 1
WALK THROUGH TOUR
From the dock, observe this Catalina 34 Tall Rig's great hull shape and safety features for walking around deck.
Board at aft gate and step down onto side moulded seating with cushions over lazarettes into cockpit. Note the safety features including nonskid decks, double lifelines, double stainless steel stern rails, lifering secured in hard case. Sit in raised, cushioned, curved helm seat to observe captain's easy access to engine controls, electronics and well-organized sailsheets and winches. Look aft to observe mounted hoist for outboard engine, dinghy davits, sturdy telescoping swim ladder and swim platform.
Move forward along side deck with double lifelines and cabin mounted grabrails to observe stackpack system for storing Kevlar racing mainsail, roller furling 150% genoa. Move to bow to note double stainless steel bowrails, bow pulpit with anchor rollers, Bruce anchor and spare Danforth anchor with separate chain and rode stored in divided anchor locker.
Return to cockpit and proceed through companionway down 5 steps to interior. Note fully equipped L-shaped galley to starboard with propane stove and oven, refrigerator, double stainless steel deep sinks with high faucet, counter extension workshelf beside sink and storage cabinets aplenty.
Turn aft from galley and open door to aft sleeping cabin. Note large double/queen berth and seat and hanging locker and drawer cabinet.
Return to galley and turn to port to open door to spacious head. Observe L-shaped vanity with stainless steel sink, wand shower faucet, wood slated shower seat, shower curtain and manual marine toilet. Also note plenty of storage cabinets.
Exit head and look forward. Note the lovely salon woodwork and teak and holly sole and updated settee cushions. Observe the large U-shaped settee to starboard with up/down custom table (original table included) that converts to double berth. Turn to port to see settee that converts to single berth. Look above settees for dark glass enclosed shelf storage and opening ports and overhead hatch.
Proceed forward through door to forward sleeping cabin. Note 4 drawer cabinet to port and hanging locker to starboard. Look forward to see shelf, overhead hatch and side ports above double v-berth with filler cushion.
You will appreciate the spacious layout of this 34' sloop. Room for sleeping 7 and entertaining 8 or more in salon around 2 settees, Two private cabins, fore and aft, sleep 4 and have locker and drawer storage. Private head at companionway steps has vanity with sink, hot/cold pressurized water, wand shower with curtain, shower seat and manual marine toilet.
Plenty of cross ventilation throughout interior with 4 opening hatches, 6 opening ports, solar fans and screened companionway.
Private forward cabin has a double V-berth comfortable for two adults; hanging locker, chest of drawers, overhead hatch and two opening ports.
Large private aft cabin has double berth, small seat, hanging locker and drawer cabinet storage, and opening port.
- Spacious interior
- Two salon settees convert to single and double berths
- Custom salon table and original table included
- Teak and holly sole throughout interior
- Beautifully varnished interior woodwork
- Navigation station with table to port forward of head
- Storage cabinets above salon settees
- Forward private cabin with double v-berth, filler cushion
- Aft private cabin with double berth, side seat
- Storage under salon settees and forward and aft cabin berths
- Hanging lockers and drawer cabinets in forward and aft cabins
- Private head with L-shaped vanity, SS sink, wand shower, manual marine toilet
- Spacious L-shaped galley
- Adler Barbour top opening refrigerator/freezer
- Double stainless steel deep sinks
- High stainless steel mixing faucet
- Hot and cold pressurized water
- Manual foot pump
- Hillerange 2 burner propane stove with oven
- Lots of counter space
- Side lift-up shelf extension beside sink
- Plenty of cabinet and drawer storage
- Lowrance Elite 5 GPS color chartplotter and depth sounder mounted on binnacle
- Raymarine Evolution autopilot
- ICOM M-502 VHF radio at navigation station
- Ritchie 5" binnacle mounted compass
- Brass barometer and clock mounted in salon
- Sony AM/FM stereo
- Two Pioneer 3 way speakers in salon
- Two 2013 Group 27 deep cycle batteries
- Start battery
- Battery selector switch
- 120v shore power service with outlets throughout
- 50' shore power cord
- ProMariner prosport 20 amp battery charger
- Solar panel battery charger
DECK AND HULL
- Forespar dinghy davits on stern transom
- Bow and stern stainless steel pulpit/rails
- Double lifelines with port and starboard boarding gates
- Custom full width stern swim platform
- Stern telescoping boarding ladder
- Pedestal w/wheel steering
- Binnacle mounted 5" Ritchie compass
- Cupholders mounted on binnacle
- Cockpit coaming pockets
- Two lazarettes
- Engine gauge panel
- Lev-o-gauge in cockpit
- Whale gusher manual bilge pump in cockpit
- Cockpit cushions
- Pedestal wheel cover
- Mainsail "stack pack" cover
- Canvas bimini with 2015 isinglass enclosure
- Custom curved hardtop bimini over helm and captain seat
- Nonskid deck
- Side wood grabrails interior to walkway
- Butterfly hatch anchor locker
- Bruce 10 kg primary anchor with chain and rode
- Danforth spare anchor w/chain and rode
- Bow pulpit with double anchor roller
- Flag halyard
- Companionway boards and screened boards
- Fenders and docking lines
- Garhauer hoist for outboard engine
- Outboard engine mount affixed to sternrail
- Life Ring in hard case mounted on port sternrail
ENGINE AND MECHANICAL
Auxiliary powered by Universal M25XP naturally aspirated diesel; 23 hp; well maintained, 1095 engine hours
- Raycor fuel filter
- Fresh water system pump
- Two fresh water tanks: 43 gallons and 28 gallons
- One 23 gallon fuel tank
- One 15 gallon holding tank
- Macerator for overboard waste discharge where legal
- Electric and manual bilge pumps
- Two blade prop
- Shower sump pump
- Whale gusher manual bilge pump in cockpit
- manual marine toilet
- hot water heater
- solar panel battery charger
SAILS AND RIGGING
TALL RIG KEEL-STEPPED MAST
- Rigged for single handing
- Mainsail in poor condition; price reduced $1,400 for replacement
- "Stack pack" style mainsail control system
- Harken headsail furler
- 135% North furling genoa
- Rope boom vang
- Traveller mounted on coachroof
- Split backstay
- Wire standing rigging
- Running rigging in good condition
- Lewmar 46 self tailing two speed primary winches
- Lewmar 30 self tailing 2 speed winches on coachroof
- Sheet clutches manage sail sheets led to cockpit
- Inboard genoa tracks w/cars
- Whisker pole
If you are looking for a safe, comfortable cruising sailboat at a modest price that also plays well in club races, this Catalina 34 Tall Rig deserves your attention. She's well-equipped, in good condition and ready for your cruise - alone or with family and friends. Price reduced $1,400 to allow for mainsail upgrade.
NOTE: Dinghy, outboard engine and owner's personal items excluded.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Edwards Yacht Sales
MK II Wing Keel Great Shape
36 Cutter Rig
Punta Gorda, FL, United States
Cape Coral, FL, United States
St. Petersburg Beach, FL, United States
Stuart, FL, United States
Osprey, FL, United States