REDUCED 2 BOAT OWNER ! , now is the time to buy this gem of a Yacht !
I know the Scorpio's very well and have been aboard, sailed, sold or chartered almost all of the 15 that were produced . To be aboard "Sapphire" is a true pleasure , she has been lovingly upgraded and maintained, definitely the Queen of the fleet.
Nicest Scorpio on the market, everything has been done, just step aboard and sail her! The perfect blend of old world charm and modern strength and performance. There truly is nothing else as comfortable, strong and elegant as a Scorpio 72. Designed by noted naval architect Robert Perry, with a modern underbody consisiting of a custom wing keel for shallow draft areas and a skeg-hung rudder. Above the water she is traditional in profile but a completely modern yacht in all other aspects .... This Scorpio was built specifically for a circumnavigation with water-tight doors fore and aft, she is unbelievably comfortable as a live-aboard . She has been across the Atlantic and has just undergone a beautiful re-fit and is ready to go again , are you the lucky one who takes her on the next big adventure ?
Major upgrades done during the recent re-fit
* Yanmar 240 hp with 1200 hrs
* Westerbeke 15KW Generator with 300 hrs
* 20 hp bow thruster
* 2 KVH satellite antenna for internet/phone and tv
* Teak decks
* New ports in the main salon
* 50 hz / 60 hz electrical distribution panel to handle shore power in N.A and E.U
* Hydraulic winches and main furling gear
Please contact at + 1 (721) 524-9903
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: CT Scorpio
Designer: Robert Perry
LOA: 72 ft 0 in
Beam: 18 ft 0 in
LWL: 51 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 6 ft 6 in
Displacement: 114000 lbs
This Scorpio sleeps 6 guests and 2 crew in four cabins. The Crew’s Quarters are all the way forward in the “V” berth and consist of two single berths, sink with a cabinet and storage underneath. The crew area was completely re-done with new cushions and fabric as well as varnish work in 2009. There is access to the starboard guest stateroom via a watertight door. There is a large hatch for light, ventilation and access when chartering with guests.
Guest Staterooms: There are two guest staterooms forward of the main salon each with private vacuflush headhunter royalflush heads, sink and shower in a separate stall. The Port Stateroom has a double berth with storage below, opening lockers outboard and numerous drawers for more storage. There is an opening port in the hull and a hatch above. The interior is a lovely teak and fully air conditioned.
The Starboard Stateroom features a double over and under berths with lockers and drawers for storage. The interior wood is teak and there is an opening port in the hull and hatch above. This stateroom is fully air-conditioned as well. The head is shared with the crew in the forward cabin and features vacuflush head, sink, vanity and shower stall.
The Master Stateroom is full beam aft and is magnificent. It is accessed thru a watertight door from the galley. This is a huge stateroom featuring a king sized centerline bed with smaller seats on each side. There are two large hanging lockers and numerous drawers for storage. There is a desk/ladies vanity facing forward near the entrance and an ensuite head. There is also a large hatch for light and natural ventilation along with four opening ports in the transom with the feel of an old clipper ship. She is finished in lovely teak and fully air conditioned. The master head has a vacuflush toilet, large vanity, sink, mirror and separate shower stall.
The Main Salon is enormous! There is a settee to port that seats six in comfort around a custom teak table. There are drawers in the table as well as at each end of the settee. Outboard there are two opening ports in the hull. To starboard there are opening lockers, drawers a full entertainment center, bar, electrical panel and two opening ports. There are opening hatches as well. There are nine large windows (replaced in 2008) that present a panoramic view. There is a custom glass mural that lights up to cap off this beautiful salon. The headliner is white and the interior wood is teak and the sole is newly varnished teak. All the lighting has been replaced in 2006 along with interior upholstery. Engine access is beneath the salon floor. Aft of the settee to port is the navigation station with large opening chart table, comfortable seat and six drawers for storage. The instruments are outboard at eye level.
The galley and dining area are to starboard and port respectively, aft of the main salon and nav station. A very well thought out galley, sure to please any chef whether at sea or at anchor. It features center island under the stairs that houses the refrigeration and deep freezer with gauges and adds plenty of counter space. The galley is well organized with numerous lockers and drawers for storage.
* Double stainless steel sinks with covers * Four burner electric stove with oven (new 2006) * Built in microwave oven (new 2006) * Icemaker (2006) * Built in stand up freezer (2006) * Toaster * Cuisinart * Pressure dockside water system * Hot water heater
* All navigation electronics updated in 2006 including * Northstar 6000i GPS Chartplotter and radar at nav station and helm * Simrad AP26 autopilot * Raymarine ST 60 depth, speed and wind at nav station and helm * Standard Horizon VHF radio with Distress * Navman VHF radio at helm * HP computer with 15” flat panel screen at nav station * Sat phone with Internet
* Westerbeke 15 kw generator (2006) less than 150 hrs with sound shield * New house batteries (2006) * Sentry 60 amp battery charger (2005) for engine start batteries * Sentry 60 amp battery charger for house batteries * Hot water heater * Washer/dryer (2006) * Four new air conditioning units (2006) 48,000 BTU’s * Two flat panel TV screens with Sat TV (2006) * Inverter for TV’s (2006) * Two XM satellite radio receivers * HP printer and fax (2006) * Fuel and water gauges (2005) * Flow scan gauges * Electrical panel for various voltages
This lovely Scorpio, with her 72’ LOA sits nicely on her lines. From her clipper bow to generous aft deck, Robert Perry has designed a beauty. The present owner has removed much of the decorative teak from the deck giving her a uncluttered look and feel. The teak decks were replaced in 2006 and are stunning. The cabin top and cockpit were Awlgripped within the last year. Many other upgrades have been done during this refit including
* ABI windlass overhauled (2006) * Navtek boom vang (2005) * Bowsprit diamond plate, bobstay and Dolphin striker (2005) * Mast and Boom Awlgripped (2006) * Teak decks (2006) * Dyform rigging replaced as necessary (2006) * Norseman fittings * Nine new windows(2008)with covers (2008) * All hull ports removed and re-bedded * Hatches with covers * Arch on aft deck for Satelite Communication (2006) * Twin Trackvision Satcom domes (2006) * Stainless steel davits * Rondial Main stowaway motor overhauled (2005) * Manual override for main (2005) * Profurl roller furling on jib and staysail * 16 self tailing winches * 5 electric winches in cockpit * 140 lb CQR anchor with 350’ of ½” chain * Solid 1 ¼” stainless steel tube liferails * Sails in very good condition, brand new mizzen by Quantum in 2009
* 6 cylinder 240hp Yanmar diesel engine (1998) 1100 hrs * New engine room insulation * New Vetus bow thruster (2006) * New PYI max prop(2006) * New Stainless Steel shaft(2006) * Injectors serviced in 2006 * Transmission removed and full service, new seals * New instrument panel in cockpit(2006) * Racor fuel filters
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.