1987 Sabre 36 Custom
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Chicago, IL
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 59,500
Well maintained custom one-off racer cruiser. Comfortable cruising interior. Fresh water only since 1989.
2016 marine survey available to serious buyers.
Please contact Bruce Rosenzweig at 312-437-1369
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Engine Brand: Westerbeke
Engine Model: 3 cylinder
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
- 4 berths
- 6' 2" headroom
- enclosed head
- 4 opening ports
- 4 dorade vents
- 2 deck hatches
- teak cabin sole
- Ultra suede cabin cushions
- Nav station
- Bulkhead mounted dining table can be folded away against bulkhead
- courtesy lights
- cabin grabrails
- Cypress staving ceilings
- fiberglass headliner
- Seaward LPG 2-burner stove and oven
- hot and cold pressure water
- Vessel is equipped with an AIS transciever: AIS information displays on both chart plotters.
- VHF: Icom IC-M402S in cabin: Icom has DSC with location data obtained from Simrad GPS.
- GPS: Simrad NSS8 in cockpit and Simrad NSS7 in cabin. Both Simrad chart plotters have touch sensitive displays. Simrad Sirius wather receiver which can overlay weather information on the chart plotters, (requires Sirius subscription). GPS sends information to PC.
- AUTOHELM: Raymarine ST4000+ unit installed on wheel.
- SPEED/DISTANCE: Two Simrad IS20 displays. One of the IS20s is a graphic display. Highly programmable and able to show trend information. The other displays pre-programmed metrics. Beside speed/distance, other information available includes depth, lake temperature, etc.
- APPARENT WIND: Two IS20 displays: One display is normal wind point indicator; the other is close hauled/tack indicator.
- COMPASS: Ritchie Powerdamp on wheel pedestal: The two Sailcomps can display compass direction and other useful information on course, apparent wind direction, race timer. There is a separate Simrad compass with its own display. All navigation information can be displayed on the Simrad chart plotters.
- ANTENNA: Garmin and Sirius Galaxy on stern pulpit: One is dedicated to AIS; the other is for Sirius weather. The GPSs each have internal GPS antennas. There is a mast top VHF antenna.
- DISPLAYS: Port: Simrad IS20 Graphic display; Wind Point indicator; Simrad Tack indicator. Starboard: Simrad compass; Simrad IS20 non-programmable display. Port and Starboard: Two KVH Sailcomp 103AC displays in cockpit. Helm: Simrad NSS8 chart plotter; Raymarine ST4000+ Autohelm. Nav Station: Simrad NSS7 chart plotter
- STEREO/SPEAKERS: Alpine CDA-9805, CD and AM/FM, Two Audiosource speakers in cabin, two in cockpit.
- SUBWOOFER: In pilot berth.
- AMPLIFIER: Crossfire Mosfet TEK 150.2
- Shore power
- Guest Charge Pro 2610 battery charger
- 2 gel batteries new in 2016
Deck and Hull Equipment
- Custom canvas winter cover
- steel cradle
- keel and rudder are elliptical, not standard Sabre 36
- mast is 18" taller than standard Sabre 36
- boat is 1800 lbs lighter than standard Sabre 36
- carbon fiber reinforcement of bulkheads etc (see special description for details)
- Harken inboard adjustable genoa tracks
- anchor locker
- bow pulpit
- double lifelines
- 2 lifeline gates
- swim ladder
- light gray nonskid
- running lights
- cockpit cushions
- 6 safety harness hookups bolted (cockpit)
- Safety equipment includes: MOB-8 Switch, Lifesling, heaving line, safety harnesses, tackle to hoist MOB back on board, etc. Also rechargeable side cutting grinder to cut stainless steel rod rigging; radar detector; emergency bow lights.
Sails and Rigging
- Navtec backstay adjuster
- Hall boom vang
- Harken roller furling
- Harken mainsheet traveler (new)
- Lewmar aluminum winches: #46 ST Primaries; #40 Secondaries; #30 ST Mainsheet; (3) #24; (2) #30.
- Line inventory is superior; separate racing jibs sheets, etc.
1) 2014 - 3Di 760m main sail
2) 2007 - #1 Heavy 3DL 600 S 147% Genoa with taffeta film on one side
3) 2007 - #1 Light 3DL 600 S 155% Genoa
4) 2006 - Paneled Norlam 90% Dazy Stay Sail with Spectra luff rope
5) 2010 - Paneled Dacron full batten #3 Genoa, never used
6) 0.5 ounce symmetrical spinnaker w/ ATN spinnaker sleeve
7) 0.75 ounce symmetrical spinnaker w/ ATN spinnaker sleeve
8) 1.5 ounce symmetrical spinnaker (all symmetrical spinnakers probably original sails but in excellent condition)
9) 2006 - 7 ounce 4800 Dacron 150% roller furling Genoa
10) storm jib
Mechanical Equipment and Engine Details
- bilge blower
- engine alarm
- fresh water engine cooling system
- electric bilge pump, two built in bilge pumps and one handheld bilge pump
- wheel steering
- hot water tank is heated from engine or shore power
- shower in head with separate shower sump pump
- 2 gas bottles for stove in cockpit
- full gas pressure/leak detection system
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Sailboat Sales Co
Chicago, IL, United States