- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Merritt Island, FL
- Hull Material:
- Last Listed Price:
- US$ 8,900
This boat is a great deal at $8900. Owners recently invested $4000. In improvements and repairs, including: new Battery, starter, transmission, new chain link shifter cable for transmission, water pump oil change. This boat is ready to cruise today.
This is a great weekender or a fun economical cruiser. The O’ Day 272 was designed by C. Raymond Hunt Associates to be fast, nimble, moderately light and easily sailed by one or two people. The boat and rig are quick and easy to get sailing and just as simple to put away. And the winged keel allows you to sail in water just over 35 inches.
For the money, you would be hard pressed to find another boat with this many features!
Call now to see here before she’s gone!
Earning Your Trust....One Boat at a Time!
CONTACT LISTING BROKER:
EDDIE BAUER @ 407-314-6573 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
VESSEL IS LOCATED IN: Merritt Island, FL
Please contact Eddie Bauer at 407-314-6573
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 27 ft 0 in
Beam: 9 ft 6 in
Maximum Draft: 2 ft 7 in
Displacement: 5375 lbs
Total Power: 10 HP
Engine Brand: Westerbeke
Year Built: 1987
Engine Model: 2 Cyl FWC
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 10 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (30 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (9 Gallons)
The first thing you will notice about the 272LE is her 130% genoa jib. The 130% genoa jib is mounted on a cockpit actuated roller furling headstay foil. This jib is also vertical-cut so it is reduceable to a smaller sail. This sail is ready to go as soon as you release the furling line and trim the sheet.
If the breeze picks up, you can also reef the main from the cockpit. Ease the halyard and mainsheet, pull on the single reefing line, and your mainsheet is shortened. Mainsheet shape and trim are enhanced using the full-width cabin top traveler.
The winged keel keeps the center of gravity low to counteract heeling and opens up miles of waters where a conventional keel would be too deep. This winged, end plate keel was engineered to enhance the performance of this shoal draft keel.
Other sensible features:
Most of us like to swim from our boats or take a dinghy to pay a visit or go ashore. The O’Day 272 LE has a swimming ladder/boarding platform molded into the transform, adding a measure of safety and making boarding an easier task.
A recessed, covered anchor well built into the foredeck keeps the anchor and line close at hand while anchoring but out of the way. There is also a large gear and equipment locker in the cockpit for fenders, dock lines, deck gear, shore power cords, etc.
Cruisers and racers like the security of hand and toe holds; that’s why this boat includes teak handrails, teak capped toe rails, double lifelines and bow and stern pulpits.
The cockpit is seven feet long, with wide and contoured seats comfortable for sitting or sleeping under the stars. Non-skid patterns are molded in and the decks are balsa cored for strength. In all, this O’Day 272 LE was designed for a simple easy-to-sail, uncomplicated sailboat. This boat shares a heritage of enjoyment and owner satisfaction with the over 60,000 boats manufactured and sold since 1959.
Her interior's forward V-berth is almost seven feet long and over five feet in width while the aft double berth is over seven feet long and over five feet wide for ample foot and hip room. The 2 facing settees, with storage underneath are six feet eight inches and almost six feet long. This allows the O’Day 272 LE to sleep five adults plus an extra child’s berth.
Additional storage is over and under the galley, a hanging locker in the head, a linen locker over the vanity, a storage bin opposite the galley, and under the forward and aft berths as well as the settees.
The main cabin has varnished teak and holly cabin sole hatches, drop-leaf, bulkhead mounted table, a galley with deep stainless steel sink with Shurflow water pump, 3.0 cubic foot icebox with Isotherm refrigeration, Origo 4000 double burner stove with baking oven.
The head contains a molded fiberglass vanity with sink, electric and manual water pump, hand shower, head with holding tank, hanging locker, storage locker, and medicine/linen cabinet.
Hull and deck:
The hull is a one piece and laminated with molded sheer and boot stripes. The 1,930 pound external lead keel is bolted to the keel stub and is a high lift design. The boat has two opening cabin ports, a port from the cockpit to the quarter berth, a fixed skylight over the main cabin, and a translucent forward hatch. The cabin top Barlow halyard/mainsheet winch is in addition to two Barlow 19 self-tailing primary winches. The mast and boom are anodized aluminum and the mast is stepped on deck with hinged mast step. There is also a boom vang together with custom bimini and dodger canvas for protection from the elements.
- Facing Settees; Port 6'3" Starboard 5'6" Four Inch Fabric Covered Foam
- Varnished Teak and Holly Cabin Sole
- Large Double Quarter Birth. 7'6" Long by 4' Wide; 3" Fabric-Covered Foam Cushion
- Chart Storage Tubes
- Drop-Leaf, Bulk Head Mounted Table, Folds to Store When Not in Use
- Headroom: 6'2" Under Companionway Hatch :6' At Forward End of Companionway: 5'10" At Main Bulk Head
- Storage Locker Aft of Port Settee
- Stainless Steel Two- Burner, Gimballed Non-Pressure Stove
- Deep Stainless Steel Sink
- Pressure Ewater
- 3.5 Cubic Foot Icebox
- Food and Dish Lockers
- Teak and Stainless Steel Companionway Ladder
- Molded Fiberglass Vanity
- Pressure Water
- Storage Locker
- Hanging Locker
- Medicine/Linen Cabinet
- Marine Head with Overboard Discharge and 15 Gal. Holding Tank a Shore Pump Out Fitting
- 6'10" Vee berth with Storage Under
- 4" Fabric Covered Foam Cushions
- Removable Birth Insert Provides Standing Room
- Folding Privacy Door
- Molded Fiberglass Floor Pan Extends Throughout Interior; Bonded to Hull at Two Levels to Increase Stiffness and Strength of Hull, Textured Sole.
- Sound Absorbing Fabric Headliner Throughout Interior
- Fabric Hull Liner Provides Insulation to Reduce Noise and Condensation.
- Teak Bulkheads and Cabinet Throughout
- High-Pressure Laminate in Off White On Counter and Table Top
- Large Wide Cockpit
- Swimming/Boarding Platform Molded into Transom
- Boarding Ladder
- Recessed Anchor Locker Forward
- Gear Locker in Cockpit
- Teak Hand and Trak-Capped Toe Rails
- Life Lines
- Bow and Stern Pulpits
- Non-Skid Molded into Fiberglass
Helm & Electronics
- Edson Stainless Steel Pedestal
- Stainless Steel Captains Wheel
- Ritchie 4" Compass with Night Lighting and Built in Compensators
- Garmin GPS II Plus
- Horizon Depth Finder
- WP 100 Steering Lock
- Shore Power
- 110v Three Wire Grounded Hook Up
- Shore Power Cord
- 12 Volt Circuit Breaker Panel
- Polarity Lights
- Two Duplex Outlets
- Westerbeke 10 H.P.
- 2 Cylinder
- 1" Shaft
- 2 Blade Propeller
- 10-Gal Aluminum Fuel Tank
* Engine hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice.