- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 595,000
ZEPHYR is a great example of Ted Hood's popular Little Harbor 53 Series, boasting fine workmanship throughout and a unique cockpit design that allows one person to handle all sail controls without leaving the helm, as well as easy access each side without stepping up. Her proven hull design features generous beam and displacement to provide exceptional living and storage space, as well as remarkable stability and seakindliness offshore. The low wetted surface hull is also easily driven in light wind by a high-aspect sail plan. Upwind performance is enhanced by a deep, efficient centerboard that increases draft to 11'-4" when lowered.
ZEPHYR features a rare three-cabin layout with owner’s cabin aft with queen berth, VIP cabin forward with queen berth, and second guest cabin forward with twin berths. Only three Little Harbor 53/54s were built with this highly desirable and versatile layout that works well at sea and at anchor.
ZEPHYR has a relatively new engine, generator and sail inventory, and also benefits from many other recent upgrades. The current owner purchased her in 2010 and is looking to move up to a larger yacht. For anyone looking for a high quality, comfortable and seaworthy sailing yacht, you will find no better value!
WELLINGTON YACHT PARTNERS -- BROKERAGE OFFICES: Portsmouth, Rhode Island; Fort Lauderdale, Florida; Falmouth, Maine.
Miles DAVID, Chris FAIRFAX, Dolf HAFFENREFFER, Chet HARTSHORN, Ted HOOD, Murray LORD, Bob MARSTON, John PERKINS, Bruce SZAMIER, Jim WETHERALD.
Please contact Wellington Yacht Partners at (401) 683-6070
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Little Harbor
Designer: Ted Hood
Flag of Registry: United States
LOA: 53 ft 2 in
Beam: 15 ft 1 in
LWL: 42 ft 2 in
Length on Deck: 53 ft 2 in
Minimum Draft: 5 ft 6 in
Displacement: 56000 lbs
Ballast: 18000 lbs
Total Power: 125 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 2005
Engine Model: 4JH#-DTE
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 2500
Engine Power: 125 HP
Cruising Speed: 7 knots
Maximum Speed: 8 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: (215 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (250 Gallons)
Number of single berths: 2
Number of twin berths: 2
Number of double berths: 2
Number of cabins: 3
Number of heads: 2
ZEPHYR sleeps six in three private staterooms, with two heads and two stall showers, plus two berths in main salon. The interior features traditional Little Harbor teak joiner work with solid teak trim, teak veneer and solid teak and holly floorboards, all finished in satin varnish with gloss accents. All exposed hull surfaces are lined with varnished teak ceiling strips. The overhead is of removable white Formica panels with teak trim. Hanging lockers are lined with aromatic wood and have automatic lights. All other lockers above seat level are meticulously lined with teak or Formica.
Galley countertops are Corian, while all other countertops are marble. The head and shower floors are molded FRP covered with teak grating rounded off on the edges for comfort. Varnished teak towel racks, toothbrush/cup holder and other accessories are provided to match the interior. Canvas lee cloths are installed for all berths. Ample shelving, bookshelves and handholds are provided throughout the interior. There are sheets, bed covers, shams, pillows, mattresses and area carpets.
All water and fuel tanks are below floor level, providing extensive storage under seats and furniture throughout the interior. All wiring and plumbing is completely hidden from view behind removable panels.
VIP Guest Cabin
Starting forward is the full-width VIP cabin with queen berth on center (new mattress 2012). There are overhead lockers outboard on each side, two hanging lockers, multiple drawers and lockers, a small settee each side, and a vanity aft to starboard. Light and ventilation are provided by three deck hatches and two dorade vents.
Forward Guest Cabin
Aft and to starboard is a second guest cabin featuring upper and lower berths, bureau, a hanging locker and curved lockers outboard each berth. A deck hatch, opening porthole, dorade vent and prism provide light and ventilation.
Forward Guest Head and Shower
To port of the forward passageway is a guest head with separate shower stall, featuring an electric toilet, vanity sink, mirror and teak grate. A separate shower stall is adjacent with seat and teak grate, with the area ventilated by a deck hatch, opening porthole and dorade vent.
The spacious main salon features a comfortable U-shaped settee and rectangular dining table with built-in bottle storage to starboard. A second full-length settee and coffee table is to port, providing an additional sea berth or overflow seating. The coffee table also has a fitted cushion for use as a bench seat at the dining table. Here and throughout ZEPHYR, an abundance of hatches and opening portholes create a light and airy feeling. Six topside windows, a unique Little Harbor trademark, further enhance the exceptional visibility and open feeling while seated.
Aft of the salon and to starboard is a full-length, sea-going galley with full-height refrigerator with vertical door, and top-loading deep freeze. There is exceptional countertop and storage space, with several opening portholes and a hull window for great light and ventilation.
- Force 10 three-burner stove with oven and solenoid control (new stove 2012)
- Microwave oven
- Corian countertops
- Twin stainless sinks
- Grohe retractable faucet
- Seagull water filter
- Exhaust blower
- Knife rack
Aft of the salon on the port side is a fully functional nav station with built-in nav instruments and a full seat, while inboard and just aft of the companionway are custom electrical panels, all easily accessible from the cockpit.
Dual passageways from either the galley or nav station lead aft to the owner’s cabin, which features a generous queen berth on centerline (new 2012) with seats on both sides. There are overhead lockers outboard, two hanging lockers and multiple drawers and lockers, as well as a vanity with removable seat on the forward bulkhead. Light and ventilation are provided by a large deck hatch and four opening portholes.
Owner's Head and Shower
A private head with separate shower stall is to port, featuring an electric toilet, vanity sink, mirror, teak grate and opening porthole.
ELECTRONICS and NAVIGATION EQUIPMENT
- Raytheon sailing instruments with (3) ST 290 repeaters above companionway and (3) wind/speed/depth repeaters at nav station
- Furuno Navnet radar/GPS/chart plotter (2012)
- Furuno Navnet 3D display in cockpit
- Furuno autopilot (2012)
- ICOM M-604 VHF
- ICOM M-710 SSB (2012)
- Furuno sat weather (2012)
- KVH FB250 broadband receiver (2012)
- LCD TV in VIP cabin
- LCD TV in owner’s cabin with Apple TV, Bose speakers (all new 2012)
- Fusion AM/FM/16-CD player (2012) with multiple speakers
The yacht's DC electrical supply is 12-volt supplied by (4) heavy-duty 4D AGM batteries, with a total capacity of 1,000 amp hours. Two independent 200 amp-hour AGM batteries are dedicated to engine and generator starting. House and engine batteries are charged by twin Balmar 80 and 300 amp alternators. Alternatively, all batteries may be charged by a Xantrex 12-volt, 120-amp automatic battery charger/3 kW inverter run off the generator or shore power.
The yacht's AC electrical is 110-volt/60 cycles. AC power is supplied by (2) 50-amp shore power inlets. AC power is also supplied by a Westerbeke 8 kW diesel generator with sound box (new 2005 – 2,231 hours) or by the Xantrex inverter/charger. AC functions include water heater, battery charger, refrigeration, electrical outlets, air conditioning, microwave oven, water maker etc.
- Multiple-switch panels inboard of nav station
- (2) Shore power cables with adapters and splitter
- Stainless Frigast reading lights
- Fluorescent lights in heads and galley, stainless overhead lights throughout
- Chart table gooseneck lights
- Forepeak, lazarette and engine room lights
- Night vision lights throughout interior
- Indirect lighting in main salon with dimmers
- Variable-speed fans in cabins
- GFIC waterproof AC outlets in heads and galley
- Waterproof 12-volt outlet in the cockpit
- Copper screening fiberglassed into hull for radio antenna ground
- Running lights, masthead light (LED), spreader lights and steaming/flood light
MECHANICAL EQUIPMENT and ENGINE DETAILS
Yanmar 4JH3-DTE 125 hp freshwater-cooled diesel engine (new 2005 - 2,500 hours)
The main engine turns a 21" diameter MaxProp feathering 4-blade propeller (2012) that improves sailing performance by reducing propeller drag. An Aquadrive CV joint (rebuilt 2010) connects the thrust bearing to the engine, allowing for installation on flexible mounts to eliminate nearly all engine vibration.
- Dual Racor fuel/water separators (new 2012) along with plumbing
- VDO instruments for tachometer, (2) amp meters and volt meter
- Low oil pressure alarm and high water temperature alarm
- Exhaust blowers for engine room and each head
- Automatic fire extinguisher
- Wesmar 24-volt/13 hp bow thruster (2013) with two independent batteries (new 2017)
- (1) Electric bilge pump with automatic switch
- (2) Manual bilge pumps
- High water bilge alarm system
- Tecma fresh water electric toilets in each head (new 2012, including hoses) with holding tank and by-pass for direct overboard discharge for each
- Sea Frost 110-volt refrigerator and freezer system (2012), with 110 volt compressor (new 2016)
- MarineAir air conditioning with (3) zones
- Webasto diesel cabin heater (2012)
- Pressurized hot/cold water with all new plumbing (2003)
- Sea Recovery water maker 16 GPH (rebuilt 2017)
- Allcraft 20 gal hot water heater
- Splendide washer/dryer (2012)
- Pressurized salt water system for anchor wash-down
- Hot/cold shower in flush stern locker
- Tank tender gauges for water/fuel/holding tanks
- All thru-hull fittings below waterline have bronze ball-type seacocks with double hose clamps
- Thru-hull fittings (new 2003) are installed flush with outside hull surface to reduce drag
SAILS and RIGGING
- Hood electric Stoway mast with furling motor (rebuilt 2012, with new seals 2016)
- Harken genoa furler
- Navtec rod rigging (all new 2008)
- Spinnaker pole with storage on mast for short-handed deployment
- Removable inner forestay with running backstays
- Navtec hydraulic boom vang / backstay with control panel in cockpit (new seals 2016)
- Navtec backstay insulators for SSB antenna
- UK Tape Drive furling mainsail (2012)
- UK Tape Drive 130% genoa (2012)
- UK Cruising spinnaker
- UK Kevlar race sails – main and genoa (2009)
- (2) Barient 32 electric self-tailing primaries
- (2) Barient 32 electric self-tailing mainsheet and outhaul winches
- (2) Barient 27 self-tailing secondary winches
- (2) Barient 22 halyard winches on mast (one self-tailing)
- (1) Barient 21 halyard winch
- (1) Centerboard hoist winch
HULL and DECK
The hull was molded in FRP with 3/4" Airex foam core for added strength and sound/thermal insulation. Internal lead ballast capped with 3/8” FRP. The centerboard is two-part female molded FRP with bronze protective shoe on leading edge and solid FRP around pin area. The centerboard has a highly efficient foil shape and is filled with lead ballast to provide negative buoyancy. Centerboard hoists via wire cable to winch on deck and offers a minimum draft of only 5’-6” with board up and a maximum draft of 11’-4” with board down. The balanced, high-aspect spade rudder is two-part female molded FRP with 3-1/2" stainless steel rudder stock (rebuilt 2012). Bulkheads are built of marine grade plywood, reinforced with FRP in areas of chainplates. FRP fuel and water tanks integral to the hull, for additional stiffness to hull laminate and to use the maximum amount of volume available.
The deck is one-piece molded FRP with foam core for strength and stiffness. It is bonded and bolted down with epoxy putty to the inboard angled hull flange with 5/16" bolts on 8" centers. Hand-laid teak side decks and cockpit sole, ½" minimum thickness, bedded and fastened to deck. All deck hatch landings are molded in FRP. The propane locker is molded separately and ventilated with direct drain overboard.
The main cockpit is large and functional, designed for easy exit on each side without climbing over coaming. The steering pedestal houses all engine instrumentation and sail handling functions, and deck winches are all easily reached from the helm – a feature rarely found on any other yacht. There is also a large cockpit table with built-in cooler and fold-up leaves to seat six comfortably.
Topsides are Majestic Blue Awlgrip with gold cove, white boot stripe and green bottom. Cabin house is white with light gray nonskid. New epoxy barrier coating (2015). Painted rubrail with stainless striker.
- Nilsson V-3000 12-volt anchor windlass (motor rebuilt 2012)
- 85 lb. Delta anchor with 250’ 3/8” chain
- 75 lb. CQR anchor with chain and rode
- Fortress stern anchor with chain and rode
- Stainless stemhead fitting with twin anchor rollers and well-rounded, built-in chocks
- Stainless bow pulpit with varnished teak seat
- Stainless stern pulpit with boarding gate
- 27" Stainless stanchions and double lifelines with side gates
- Custom fold-down stern ladder with stainless frame and teak steps
- Custom side boarding ladder
- Stainless stern and spring line chocks flush with toerail
- (6) Stainless mooring cleats
- Stainless steering wheel with varnished teak rim
- Stainless genoa and staysail tracks with reference numbers stamped on top
- Custom stainless turning blocks and deck blocks
- (16) Stainless opening portholes with screens
- (6) Tinted heavy duty glass composite topside windows (new 2017)
- (11) Stainless deck hatches
- (8) Stainless cowl vents with varnished teak dorade boxes
- Varnished teak toe rail, drip rail, handrails, cockpit backrests and cockpit table with drop leaves
- Custom dodger with roll-up front, grab bar and oversized stainless frame
- Bimini with window over helmsman
- Ritchie 6" compass (new 2012) installed on the steering pedestal
- Built-in lockers for storage of rope tails outside of cockpit
- Closed-cell foam cockpit cushions with backrests
- Canvas covers for all exterior varnished teak, dinghy, outboard etc.
- Winter cover
- Avon 8-man life raft
- First aid kit
- Flare kit
- (4) Auto-inflate life jackets
- (2) Horseshoe life ring
- Portable fire extinguishers throughout
- Hand-held spotlight
- (6) Large fenders with covers
- Dock lines
- (2) Fender boards
- Zodiac dinghy with Honda 9.9 hp four-stroke engine (both new 2012)
- Chelsea clock and barometer
- Magma propane BBQ
- Numerous spare parts
- Owner’s personal effects
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Wellington Yacht Partners
Fort Lauderdale, FL, United States
Fort Lauderdale, FL, United States
Portsmouth, RI, United States
Jamestown, RI, United States
Harpswell, ME, United States
Portsmouth, RI, United States