- View Full Specifications
Price just reduced
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Mallorca, Spain
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- EUR 49,000 Tax Paid (US$ 52,082)
Jeanneau Sun legend 41, a classic from the 1980,s, in excellent running condition, all systems functioning, mooring available in Real Club Nautico Palma de Mallorca.
Call now for personal consultation & service.
For further information & free consultation call + 34 636477448
Please contact Patrick Harrison at +34 636 477 448
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Flag of Registry: United Kingdom
Hull Shape: Monohull
Beam: 3.90 m
Maximum Draft: 2.10 m
Engine Brand: Perkins
Engine Model: 4108
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Propeller: Folding propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Wind speed and direction
Electric bilge pump
Manual bilge pump
Shore power inlet
Outboard engine brackets
Owners description & history.
A description from the reluctant sellers of “ Helios”
After many years racing dinghies together my wife and I decided to try keel boats. We bought 30 ft Beneteau and won our class at Cowes week. But we wanted something bigger so we could try the Fastnet race.
We found Helios, a Jeauneau Sun Legende 41. That was in 1992, when she was 4 years old. We up-rated most of the deck gear, with stronger and more efficient equipment, including the main sheet system, which can be played like a dinghy or winched. At the end of 1992 we broke the old mast in a freak accident and replaced it with a stronger one along with all the rigging and the vang. After several years of successful racing ( including winning the Cervantes trophy against 98 other yachts, and getting 8 out of 87 in class in the Fastnet) we decided to go cruising. Just the two of us.
So we modified the boat for short handed sailing and headed South. We visited nearly every port in Spain and Portugal before we reached Palma and fell in love with the place. We joined the Real Club Nautico de Palma and bought our berth there. Since then we have revisited the mainland coast several times along with every part of the Balearic Islands. Often we have been joined by friends and family but sometimes it has just been the two of us. But sadly age is overtaking us and it is time for us to retire!
Although Helios is now quite old we have renewed or replaced most of her and she has been fitted out with masses of extras not usually found on these boats. For instance:-
The original decks have been replaced with hand fashioned solid teak.
- we fitted the top of the range Aotohelm 7000, which connects straight to the quadrant, so avoiding the steering cables, which proved a lifesaver when one of the cables broke in mid channel. It is so efficient it is like having a third crew member.
- the original hand operated windlass was replaced by an electric one. A larger delta anchor replaced the ordinal one and heavier chain used.
- the fixed blade propeller was changed to a folding one which works really well in reverse as well as forward (but is noisy in tight turns under power, although still efficient).
- a deep sea seal has replaced the original grease packed stern gland.
- a Bimini cover has been added, essential in these sunny climes. A sun awning fits simply on to this when not sailing, which provides shade right up to the mast.
- a new rolling foresail was bought but the no 1,2,3 and 4 racing sails are still available, with 3 spinnakers and storm sails.
- an intelligent shore charger has been added, with a back up unit as well, which charges all 3 batteries at the same time
We replaced the 120 AH battery with two matched 180 AH .
- we fitted a built in 240 volt electric generator which runs off the main diesel tank.
- a stainless steel and teak bathing platform has been added with a retracting ladder that lets down deep into the water. Not only lovely for swimming etc but a useful safety feature.
- the original basic instruments were replaced by Simrad Stow dateline, which is now old hat but actually works very well, with 5 different display heads, linked to the AP 6 gps system, which is also linked to a Yeoman plotter. (Again a bit old fashioned but works admirably with any marine chart, anywhere.) There is also a back up gps.
- there is a relatively new Bombard dinghy with an aero deck floor. This can be carried on the bathing platform in normal conditions. It has a Honda 4 stroke outboard which is air cooled, a bit noisy but more reliable than the water cooled one.
- all the upholstery has been replaced as has most of the head linings.
- the Perkins 4108 engine was replaced by a reconditioned one, the latter has been run for around 725 hours, which is very little for a diesel. We usually cruise at between 2000 and 2500 rpm, which gives a boat speed of around 6.5 knots in normal conditions.
She has been sailed regularly every year has served us really well. We are sad to part with her.
This is a truly loved vessel & can be sailed away any time as she is in ready to go condition. Viewing highly recommended.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from 5 Star Yachts
Targa 52 Gran Turismo
Sundancer 455 HT