- View Full Specifications
A True American Cruiser
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Carolina Beach, NC
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 49,900
The Island Packet 31 is a true American cruising classic. The model was highly successful with a total of 262 boats built from 1983-1989. They were built to last a lifetime with a winning combination of broad beam, traditional styling, easily managed rig, shoal draft and an innovative interior. Morning Star is in good condition and ready for her next adventure. She is perfect for cruising the Bahamas with her optional shoal draft keel and centerboard (3' up and 7' down).
Matt J. Malatich
S&J Yachts – Charleston
843 284-8756 | www.sjyachts.com | email@example.com
S&J Yachts is a full service yacht brokerage and new boat dealership, with offices in Annapolis, MD, Rock Hall, MD, Deltaville, VA and Charleston, SC. We represent Island Packet, Delphia, Maxi 1200, Alpha Catamarans, Southerly and Great Harbour trawlers.
Please contact Matt Malatich at (843) 284-8756
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Island Packet
Designer: Bob Johnson
LOA: 34 ft 4 in
Beam: 11 ft 6 in
LWL: 27 ft 9 in
Length on Deck: 30 ft 7 in
Minimum Draft: 3 ft 0 in
Displacement: 11000 lbs
Ballast: 4500 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 43 ft 6 in
Total Power: 27 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Model: 3GMF30
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 27 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (70 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (25 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (14 Gallons)
The broad beam design of the Island Packet 31 allows an exceptional amount of room and livability.
The master cabin is forward and has a large 6'6" V-berth with a removable filler cushion. There is a hanging locker, several cabinets, shelves, and lockers, plus its own doors to the head compartment and the main salon for privacy and convenience.
The large head compartment features a vanity w/ cabinets over and under, a linen cabinet and a teak framed mirror.
The spacious main salon will comfortably seat a group for dining or with the table folded against the bulkhead, offers an inviting social atmosphere with large facing settees and wide cabin sole. A pull-out berth is built into the L-shaped settee. On the port side, fwd is a hanging locker. There is a large amount of storage provided in outboard cabinets, shelves, behind the back cushions and below the settees.
The aft cabin quickly converts from a nav area with a chart table to a private quarter berth. The nav table folds down out of the way. When the aft berth is in use and privacy is desired, the nav table cleverly folds up to the ceiling and with the pocket door closed, there is complete privacy.
Additional features as follows:
- Sleeps 6-7
- 6'3" headroom
- Ships brass clock & barometer
- Nine (9) opening polished S/S ports
- Four (4) deck hatches (new lenses in 2013)
- Peek-a-BOO blinds on ports
- Oceanair hatch screens (2015)
- New hatch lenses in 2013
- Generous storage
- Mattress cover and fitted sheets in the master cabin
The U-shaped galley is conveniently located at the base of the companionway on the port side. There is good storage provided by cutlery drawers, a dry storage bin, and numerous cabinets. For added safety, there is a stove guard rail with harness attachments.
- Large 11 cubic ft. top loading, heavily insulated ice box
- Two (2) burner propane stove w/oven
- Double stainless steel deep sinks
- Large dish racks with cutlery drawer
- Dry storage locker
- Both pressure and manual water taps
- Handy tilt out trash bin
NAV & ELECTRONICS
The nav area is located at the base of the companionway on the starboard side. There is a nav table that can fold down out of the way when not in use.
- Raymarine ST 4000+ Autopilot (2013) at helm
- Northstar NS 100 VHF at helm
- Garmin GPSmap 740s (2013) at helm
- Garmin 18 HD Radar (2013)
- Garmin GHI 10 Marine Display Instrument (2013)
- Garmin GWS 10 Wind Sensor (2013)
- Datamarine depth, speed, distance
- XM Sirius Satelite Weather Receiver (2013)
ENGINE & ELECTRICAL
Yanmar 3GMF30 fresh water cooled, 27 HP, diesel engine. A watertight hinged cockpit sole hatch allows easy access to the fully insulated engine compartment. Additional access behind the removable companionway stairs in the salon.
- 3 Interstate house batteries (2014)
- 1 Interstate starter battery (2014)
- Twin fuel filters
- Replaced the cooling elbow (2015)
- The oil has been changed and the impeller replaced every year
- Large frame 160 amp vital alternator
- 12V D-C and 115V A-C systems
- Marine converter/battery charger - 30amp
- 115V A-C 30 amp shore power system with cord
- Water heater - six (6) gallon 115V & heat exchanger
SAILS & RIGGING
- Sloop rig
- 130% roller furling Genoa (cleaned and restitched in 2015) w/UV cover
- Main sail with cover
- Whisker pole
- Boom vang/preventer package
- Edson rack and pinion steering
- 2 Lewmar 40C 2 speed self-tailing winches
- 3 Lewmar 7 single speed winches
- Mainsheet traveler w/roller bearing car and adjustable stops
HULL, DECK, and EQUIPMENT
The moderate displacement U-shaped hull form with a long waterline, broad waterline beam, and 40% ballast ratio combined with ample sail area makes the IP31 an exceptionally powerful stiff sailing yacht that performs extremely well.
The Island Packet 31 features large unobstructed deck and cabin top surfaces. The bowsprit platform is equipped with two anchor rollers roller and deck pipes allowing ground tackle to be easily retrieved and stored. Always ready for immediate use.
Safe and secure deck work is ensured with raised bulwarks, non-skid and full-length cabin top hand rails.
The roomy cockpit is over 7 feet long and can seat 8 adults in comfort. It features contoured seats with deep coaming backrests, large seat lockers, a cockpit ice box, coaming storage bins and a comfortable helmsman's seat.
Additional features and equipment as follows:
- Dodger and bimini with enclosure panels (new clear panels in dodger 2016)
- 5 HP Mercury outboard
- Dinghy davits and outboard mount
- Electric anchor windlass
- Cockpit cushions and helm seat
- Cockpit shower
- Teak cockpit table
- Stern boarding ladder
- Bruce anchor w/chain and rode
- Propane storage and tank
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from S&J Yachts
Charleston, SC, United States
Rock Hall, MD, United States
Beaufort, SC, United States