When Hatteras Yachts commenced production in 1959 they created a stir in the embryonic pleasure boat industry, with building in a material, well known today, but very new back then, called fibreglass. They used the design services of a young Naval architect, Jack Hargrave, who became world famous over time designing not only pleasure craft for Hatteras, but also for builders of military craft for the USA and UK Navies and others.
All Hatteras Yachts to this day use hand laid woven roving fibreglass in their construction and are superb and strong sea boats.
The Hatteras 85 Cockpit Motor Yacht that is offered today is one of very few full Custom Yachts built by Hatteras in the late Eighties. She was built to the order of a European client, who insisted on MTU engines being installed, and these were replaced in 2009 by the latest Electronic units now installed, that cost in total the total price of the boat on offer today!
This 85’ CMY is based on the Hatteras 77 Motor Yacht, with full walk around side decks. THREE C’S is a ‘true Gentleman’s Motor Yacht’, which was the subject of an enormous refit in 2009 and is presented in excellent condition today.
Overall Measured Length: 87’4”; beam 16’9”
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Hargrave design semi planning/displacement V hull.
- GRP hull, deck and superstructure.
- New hardtop (2009).
- All new exterior paintwork to hull and superstructure (2009).
- New exterior stairs (2009).
Engine & Gearboxes:
- 2 x MTU Series 60 875hp (2009) (685 hours only as at August 2012) with M DEC full electronic management system.
- Fresh water cooling system.
- Engines are fitted with Racor filters.
- Engine alarm and emergency stop.
- Electric fuel primer system.
- Risers (2009).
- Muffler (2009).
- Charcoal filters.
- Intercom in engineroom.
Maintenance & Performance:
- Cruising Speed: 16 knots.
- Maximum Speed: 20 knots.
- 1,200 nautical mile range at 11 to 12 knots
Propulsion & Steering:
- Hydraulic bowthruster (2009).
- Nybril propellers (2009).
- Naiad stabilizers.
- Electronic controls are each helm station.
- The engine room features service and standby batteries fitted with oversized charging facility.
- Separate batteries and charger for 1 x of the 20kW generators.
- Batteries with parallel switch.
- 1 x Onan 20kW generators.
- 1 x Onan 30kW generator.
- Rebuilt gensets (2009).
- Generators are fitted with Racor fuel filters.
- Fore and aft dual 50 amp shore service with 240v and 110v inputs
- High definition cameras installed in engine room and on flybridge (2009).
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- All new plumbing (2009).
- Dual freshwater system pumps.
- Grey water tanks with tank tenders at flybridge
- Full reverse cycle air conditioning throughout the yacht with the compressors housed in the engineroom for easy access and maintenance
- Total capacity of 9,700 litres.
- DZL fuel monitoring system.
- Total capacity of 1,893 litres.
- 3 x black water holding tanks – forward and mid (total capacity of 944 litres; 2 x 472 litres) and aft for crew area at (total capacity of 186 litres). All drain to a single valve chest with a single outboard macerator discharge and with tank tenders for the forward and mid tanks
- Grey water discharge throughout ship to a central sump with automatic and manual discharge arrangement.
- All new electronics from Raymarine, including E120 series radar (2009).
- Twin compasses.
- ICOM VHF.
- Simrad digital depth with FB remote.
- Raymarine ST 8002 autopilot with FB unit.
- Raytheon 410 hailer and HF
- Northstar 952 GPS/plotter.
- Sea SSB radio.
- Sat phone. KVH Tracphone
- KVH TV Tracvision system
- Custom bar, with ice maker on aft deck.
- Bar, refrigerator, freezer, icemaker and electric barbeque in cabinetry on flybridge.
- There is a separate utility room forward featuring a washer/dryer, freezer and refrigerator in the engine room.
- All the galley appliances are in stainless steel
- Kitchen Aid washing up machine
- Kitchen Aide built in 2 burner electric hob
- Kitchen Aid thermal electric convection oven
- Kitchen Aid microwave
- Kitchen Aid side opening full length refrigerator with freezer and icemaker
- His and hers owner’s heads compartment (2009).
- All new heads (2009) with Headhunter system with holding tankage with overboard discharge, onyx floors and counter tops (2009).
- 50” LC Plasma TV in saloon.
- 5 x Toshiba LCD Plasma TVs in all cabins and crew quarters.
- Flybridge stereo with CD player (from saloon entertainment centre)
- Sony SAT TV system.
- Underwater lights (2009).
- Dual search lights.
Summary of Accommodation:
- 10 berths in 5 cabins; including a twin crew cabin aft
- Forward on the lower level is a double en suite guest cabin with head and shower.
- Aft accommodations are accessed from a stairway forward off the saloon to 3 en suite cabins: 2 twin guest fully en suite with head and showers, and a full beam King berth Master Stateroom with His and Hers twin heads with showers.
- Aft through the cockpit is the lazarette which has the twin berth crew cabin, together with head and shower, and also a dinette galley unit.
- The flybridge and boat deck affords plenty of uncluttered space.
- The extensive aft deck accessed directly from the saloon can be fully enclosed and has air conditioning.
- Windows and portholes (2009).
- Teak and holly floors in galley, VIP cabin, wheelhouse and hallway (2009).
Description of layout:
The interior in the saloon features 2 x sofas, occasional chair, coffee table, 2 x ottomans, game table (which seats 4) and an entertainment system with white onyx countertop. The dining table is forward and seats 6.
The galley forward of the saloon features a comprehensive range of stainless steel appliances, granite counter tops, and there is generous storage space within the cabinetry.
The pilothouse is forward of the galley and can also be accessed from either port or starboard sliding deck doors, or up steps from the forward guest cabin. Once in the pilothouse you will find easy access to the flybridge via a ladder next to the leather bench seat. To port of the bench is the convenient on-deck day head.
Lower Deck Aft:
The master cabin is located forward of the 2 x guest cabins. It features a king size bed, lighted vanity, settee, cedar lined closet and two en-suite heads.
2 x Guest Cabins:
Each of the guest staterooms have generous twin beds, cedar line closets and en-suite heads compartments.
Lower Deck Forward:
Down steps from the pilothouse there are generous storage cupboards as well as a washing maching and dryer. A door leads into -
Forward Guest Cabin:
With a centerline double berth forward and ample wardrobes. There is an en-suite heads compartment with separate shower.
Accessed from the aft deck there are steps down to a vast engineroom which houses the prime movers and both generators as well as the airconditioning units. The area has natural light and lots of working space as well as a comprehensive tools inventory. The full width engine room has an entrance from the cockpit. Aft of this is -
With a crew mess and heads and separate shower compartment. To starboard are 2 crew berths.
Access to the aft deck is from the saloon door, side deck wing doors or from the cockpit. The aft deck features teak flooring, built-in settee and large dining table. This aft deck was refitted in 2009 with a new hard top with soft encloses that remove for outdoor dining. The teak decking was refitted 2012.
There is extensive built-in seating around a cocktail table as well as a sizeable boat deck, three helm chairs and radar arch. There is also a fully equipped helm station with good all round vision.
There is a comfortable seating area forward of the pilothouse.
- Air compressor (2009).
- Fresh and salt water washdown; wash down system in cockpit (2009).
- Marquipt Tide-Ride steps forward, aft or side boarding.
- Marquipt shipside gangway for starboard side water or dinghy access.
- Swim platform with ladder.
- Dual forward deck lockers.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- Hawse pipe style dual anchor system.
- 2 x Fordjord anchors, each with 300’ chains.
- Orven Monza dual anchor winch with top capstans.
- Anchor wash.
- Fender racks.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Canvas upholstery on flybridge and canvas covers (2009).
- Bimini top with custom stainless steel frame.
Tender & Outboard:
- 2 x Yamaha Waverunner FX 2/3 seaters (2009).
- Nautica 14’ tender with 60hp Yamaha 4-stroke outboard (2009).
- 1,200 capacity Marquipt davit.
- Safety rails around flybridge (2009).
- 2 x 6-man liferafts.
- Automatic CO2 fire extinguishing system.