- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Cataumet, MA
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 78,000
Solitaire is an eye pleasing Ted Hood designed sloop, in which you can either cruise offshore or sail the bay. Upgrades include new fuel tank, hot water tank, and Simrad autopilot. When the wind is not available, her Yanmar 4JH 44hp diesel engine will get you to your destination in a timely fashion. Solitaire was cut from the proven Bristol keel-centerboard mold, drawing only 4' 6", which allows entrance into many gunkholes unavailable to other vessels of this size.
If you're looking for a vessel worth your time and investment - one you can make your own with some updating and a personal touch, Solitaire could be the boat for you!
Please contact Parker's Boat Yard at (508) 563-9366
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 38 ft 3 in
Beam: 12 ft 1 in
LWL: 30 ft 7 in
Minimum Draft: 4 ft 6 in
Maximum Draft: 10 ft 3 in
Ballast: 9000 lbs
Total Power: 44 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 1987
Engine Model: 4JH
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Propeller: 2 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 44 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: 2 Stainless steel (100 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 1 Aluminum (35 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 1 (15 Gallons)
Stepping into the cabin from the companionway, the L-shaped galley is to port and the forward facing nav. station is to starboard. The galley is equipped with a double stainless steel sink, gimballed three-burner propane stove, an ice box with Seafrost refrigeration and plenty of storage above the countertop. Opposite the galley is the chart table with four drawers along the side for storage and shelving on the bulkhead. Behind the nav. station is a double quarterberth.
Stepping forward brings you to the main salon, which includes port and starboard settee berths in a green fabric. Above the settees are louvered lockers and book shelves for storage; the starboard side includes a hanging wet locker. There is also storage behind and under the settees. Between the settees is a fixed double drop leaf table with bottle storage in the center.
Next to port is an enclosed head with privacy door. The head includes a toilet, shower, and sink vanity. Opposite to starboard is an additional hanging locker.
The forward v-berth master suite has a double berth to port and a settee to starboard. A filler over the settee makes for a fully cushioned v-berth. Above the berth are louvered lockers. Behind the v-berth privacy door to the salon is a hanging locker and four storage drawers; to port, there is a second v-berth door, which opens to the head.
The interior joinerwork is varnished teak and there is a teak and holly sole throughout. Hot and cold pressure water is located in the head and galley.
Hull and Deck
- Hand laid up hull with alternate layers of mat and woven roving.
- Three inch flange integrally molded below the top edge to receive the deck.
- Deck is hand laid up with mat, cloth and balsa core.
- Fiberglass centerboard with lead ballast.
- Teak trim, grab rails and higher flared, tapered toerail.
- Midships chocks.
- Six opening ports with screens.
- Four dorade vents; forward two have guards
- Bomar hatches.
- Pedestal Wheel with Guard
Sails and Rigging
- Custom Hall aluminium mast and boom with double spreader rig
- Stainless steel wire standing rigging
- Harken roller furling for headsail
- Storm trysail track
- Harken traveler system
- Hydraulic backstay
- Spinnaker pole
- Two: #52 Lewmar self-tailing two speed
- Two: #43 Lewmar secondary single speed
- One: #46 Lewmar self-tailing mainsheet single speed
- Two: #43 Lewmar for pole downhaul, vang, lift, jib or spinnaker
- One: Merriman centerboard winch
- Eight: Lewmar spinlock stoppers
Sails and Canvas
- Doyle mainsail (4 years old and never installed on boat)
- Doyle 150% mylar genoa (like new condition, never used by owner)
- Doyle 135% dacron genoa
- Doyle 110% high cut genoa (6 yrs old with newer sunshade)
- Doyle tri-radial spinnaker
- Hood storm jib
- Hood trysail
- Dodger with attaching awning
- Main sail cover
- Ritchie compass in binnacle
- Datamarine depth, apparent wind, speed and distance
- Autopilot Simrad AP2801
- ICOM ICM 55 VHF
- Digital media marine receiver model MXCP43 (new 2014)
- 12 volt system, Bass panel with circuit breakers
- Heavy duty alternator, 140amp
- 2 Batteries with 4-way switch
- Shore power cord, 30amp
- Bilge pumps - one electric and two manual
- Tri-color mast head light
- 25 pound Danforth anchor with 12' of stainless steel chain and 180' rode
- Jack lines, port and starboard
- Cockpit cushions
- Teak outboard bracket
- Horseshoe life ring
- Boat hook
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.