- View Full Specifications
Price reduction 9/1
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Located In:
- South Freeport, ME
- Hull Material:
- Last Listed Price:
- US$ 59,000
OWNERS ARE ANXIOUS TO MAKE A DEAL COME TOGETHER ON THEIR BOAT. ALREADY THE BEST PRICE- VALUE ON YACHTWORLD. NO SENSE REDUCING THE PRICE TO COMPETE WITH OURSELVES. BRING YOUR REASONABLE OFFER TO THE TABLE AND I WILL WORK HARD FOR YOU TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN.
Built by Bayfield Boat Yard of Clinton, Ontario - Bayfields have the reputation for excellent construction with classic lines, proven offshore ability and teak & holly appointments that combine to present a vessel of unparalleled seaworthiness and beauty. Please click on full specs. for additional information, photos and history. Be sure to watch slideshow too.
GULF OF MAINE YACHT SALES web www.BoatingInMaine.com email email@example.com Tel (207)831.3168
Select the Video Tab to on first page of listing to view slides of this boat. Press full screen icon in lower right corner of slide.
Please contact at (207) 899.0909
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Bayfield Boat Yard, Canada
Designer: Haydn Gozzard
LOA: 41 ft 3 in
Beam: 12 ft 0 in
LWL: 30 ft 6 in
Length on Deck: 36 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 0 in
Displacement: 18500 lbs
Ballast: 6500 lbs
Total Power: 44 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Model: 4JHE
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 44 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (100 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (40 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (40 Gallons)
The Bayfield 36 has been called a Contemporary Classic, with its head-turning clipper style bow, handsomely carved teak trailboards, wine glass stern, and port & starboard belaying pins, but built to modern construction techniques.
The sheer line is a work of beauty, and the modified full keel has a cut-away forefoot to give the tracking benefits of a full keel, but with increased manueverability in tight quarters. She is a comfortable and solid cruising boat, capable of weekend cruising, or long distance passage making.
She has been very well maintained and updated by a meticulous owner and Maine boat yard. Calista should be given serious consideration.
Video tab on page #1 for Slide show
press full screen icon at lower right corner of slides.
The Forward Cabin has a double Pullman berth to port with teak ceiling strips against the hull. A Cedar-lined teak hanging locker and 3 drawers in the pedestal provide for storage.
There is a small seat with bureau and lockers, and a handsome book rack adds a finishing touch to this very comfortable master stateroom. Two opening side-ports & a screened overhead hatch provide abundant ventilation.
Next aft is a large hanging locker & Nav Station to starboard with a built in retractable ottaman. Port side features a large Head with sitting tub/shower with curtain. There is a manual flush toilet and attractive teak Vanity with stainless steel bowl, brass hot & cold faucets. Cabinet storage under counter and bulkhead mounted mirror. There are two opening window ports and overhead hatch.
Next aft is the main Salon with an L shaped settee to port that expands to a double berth, a large double drop leaf pedestal teak table with internal storage, and a single settee to starboard. A hanging brass oil lamp complements this area along with the Force 10 Propane cabin heater mounted on the mast.
Outboard are attractive bookcases and storage lockers. A central feature of the main salon is the clipper ship style overhead hatch with screen that provides both light & ventilation to the area.
Next aft to port is a stateroom with double berth and hanging locker/closet. The companionway itself has a very clever built-in sliding screen hatch with side opening hinged screen doors.
- Settee cushions, quarter berth and forward V berth cushion all recovered with fabric similar to Ultrasuade.
The starboard galley features a two burner propane stove with oven, polished hot & cold faucet with stainless steel sink and a manual brass salt water pump. The Refrigerator box has a Nova cool refrigeration system.
- Datamarine Link 5000 w/speed/depth/VMG, Wind, A/W at Helm
- Datamarine Link 5000 repeater at Nav Statoni
- Autohelm ST3000 Autopilot (Operated at survey - Owner has not used)
- Icom VHF Radio
- Raytheon WAAS GPS
- Raytheon RL72RC with 2KW Radome on Mast
- Raytheon RL70 Chartplotter/Radar display at Helm
- Panasonic Stereo w/cassette & multi-disk CD player
- 4 Cabin & 2 Cockpit speakers
Vessel has both 12V & 110 V Shore power systems. Hot water tank has ten gallon capacity and runs off both the engine and shore power
- Freedom 15 Inverter/Charger
- Link 2000R monitor regulator
- Amp Tech Alternator
- Two 3-position battery switches
- Whale Bilge pump - rebuilt 2011
- Macerator pump with Y valve
- New fresh water pump
Calista is powered with a Yanmar diesel engine, 44 horsepower. Engine hours are low but no hour meter. Your survey will show that engine is very able.
- Plumbing - Holding tank and hoses replaced - 2011
- Wilcox Crittenden MSD rebuilt - 2011
- Fuel tank lines replaced - 2010
- Exhaust hose replaced -2010
- Rudder stuffing box - 2010
- Engine shaft and stuffing box replaced - 2010
- Steering cable removed, serviced and reinstalled - 2010
- Fuel tank (2005) out of boat, cleaned and sealed to prevent corrosion - 2010
- Stern lite changed to LED - 2011
- Garboard plug installed - 2011
- Mast - new sheaves and mast head light - 2012
Hull and Deck
The hull is solid hand-laid fiberglass. The modified full keel has a cut-away forefoot that gives more steering maneuverability. The deck is hand-laid fiberglass reinforced with balsa core or plywood in the tread and heavy stress areas. The hull and deck is through-bolted every 6 inches through the aluminum toe rail. Clipper style bow with 5' teak bowsprit and stainless steel pedestal.
Rig, Sails, & Canvas
The Bayfield 36 is very distinctive with her Clipper Bow, 5' Bowsprit, and Teak Trail Boards. She has the sail plan of a 41' boat, carrying 870 sq. ft. of Tanbark sails with a Cutter rig and Aluminum spars. The boom rests in a custom teak & stainless Gallows, with line control managed by similarly styled Belaying pins port & starboard. Four Lewmar 43 ST winches in cockpit. Two Lewmar 16's on cabin top for line controls.
- Mainsail w/ 2 reefing points
- Lazy Jacks
- Yankee on new Harken Roller Furler
- Tri-Radial Cruising Spinnaker w/sock (Maroon & white)
- Storm sail (white Dacron)
- Sails cared for and stored at North Sails, Freeport Maine
- Whisker pole (mast-mounted)
- All running rigging replaced since 2009
- All Sunbrella is Maroon:
- Full custom canvas cover with frame
- Sunbrella Awning from mast to stern rail
- Bottom Siders Custom Cockpit Cushions
- Sunbrella covers for all exposed teak & hatches
- Sunbrella cockpit cover
- Custom Sail covers
- FAIRCLOUGH Boat cover with aluminum frame - 2008
- Dodger by Fortune Canvas, 2010
- 32" Edson bronze wheel with teak handles
- Brass binnacle with Danforth compass
- Folding teak cockpit table
- Wooden trunk-style propane locker on foredeck
- 35 Lb CQR anchor with chain & rode
- Three-blade fixed prop
- Life Sling
- Port side boarding ladder with teak steps
- Two radar reflectors
- Assorted lines & fenders
- Forespar MOB pole
Gulf of Maine Yacht Sales offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Gulf of Maine Yacht Sales
Yarmouth, ME, United States
Portland, ME, United States
Harpswell, ME, United States
Yarmouth, ME, United States
Westport, ME, United States
Aventura, FL, United States