- View Full Specifications
Refitted high spec Baltic 48DP
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Tuscany, Italy
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- EUR 160,000 Tax Paid (US$ 173,040)
Beautifully built Doug Peterson Baltic Yacht from 1987 with extensive refit history and an amazing cruising specification. An iconic design and capable of everything from crossing oceans to sailing around the cans. Few are built better.
Perhaps one of the most iconic Baltic Yachts of all time. Unmistakably a Baltic and with a style and presence that has continued through today and the very latest carbon creations producing by this prestigious Finnish custom yacht builder.
Adhering to the philosophy of ‘built the best possible sailing yacht, combing safe, easy handling performance cruising with high performance racing’, the Doug Peterson designed Baltic 48DP is a light to medium displacement design that blends superior performance with comfortable cruising characteristics. Baltic's emphasis on leading edge technology combined with the finest world reknown Finnish craftsman resulted in the 48DP as the standard bearer for a new generation of elegant performance ocean passage makers.
CARLOTTA was originally launched in 1987 and has been much updated in recent years including replacement teak decks, new standing rigging and resprayed rig, ‘zero-houred’ engine and much much more. Her inventory is comprehensive with such cruising niceties as generator and watermaker and having always been professionally maintained, she represents a fantastic opportunity to step into the world of Baltic yacht ownership.
BALTIC YACHTS OVERVIEW:
Baltic Yachts was founded 35 years ago in 1973 by five men looking to build superior yachts – or superyachts - that would give them the edge over their competitors. Baltic Yachts is now one of the leading names in custom and semi-custom made luxury yachts for sale.
The Baltic Yachts Ltd yard is located in a village called Bosund on the West coast of Finland. Here they have developed excellent facilities for building their yachts.
The first yacht built by Baltic Yachts Ltd was the Baltic 46 in 1974. Since then they have built custom and semi-custom built yachts for sale in all sizes from 38ft to 152ft.
- Our understanding is that the yacht is exempt from CE Confirmity as she was in use in the EEA prior to June 1998.
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Balsa core fibreglass sandwich construction to the highest specification using fibreglass mat, unidirectional roving and mat/roving combination to develop an extremely rigid yet light and well insulated structure.
- All high stress areas are especially strengthened with unidirectional roving and fabmat around a low density core. There are limber holes in the floors to allow drainage to sump.
- Structural bulkheads are marine grade plywood laminated to the hull.
- White topsides finish
- Deck - Hand laid up moulded fibreglass with balsa core stiffening, insulation and reinforcement incorporated in the way of deck fittings and winches.
- The deck is through bolted to the hull.
- Teak laid decking to the side decks, cockpit seating and cockpit sole. – replaced approx. 2005
Keel & Rudder:
- An external fin keel, cast to high accuracy in lead with added antimony, is bolted to the hull with cast in stainless steel keel bolts.
- The rudder is a cantilevered balanced spade moulded from fibreglass using unidirectional rovings orientated in the direction of stress. The rudder blade is filled with a high density PVC-foam to spread loads evenly. The rudder forces are transmitted to the shaft via an internal aluminium alloy framework.
- The rudder stock is high strength seawater resistant aluminium alloy passing through Robalon bearings and a stuffing box which is strongly bonded to the hull. The bearings are lubrication free.
Engine & gearbox:
- Volvo MD31A 75hp diesel engine
- Freshwater cooled engine.
- Reduction gearbox with Shaft drive
- Single lever engine control.
- Approx 6,000hrs on engine
- Engine removed and completely overhauled
Propulsion & Steering:
- MaxProp 2-bladed propeller
- Wheel steering with a ‘Destroyer’ type stainless steel wheel attached to a custom made Solimar pedestal.
- Steering is connected with an aluminium alloy quadrant by stainless steel cables and sheaves.
- Emergency tiller
- 12vDC domestic systems with 220vAC via shore-power or generator or inverter
- 1x 140Ah 12vDC engine start battery
- 3x 140Ah 12vDC service batteries
- Battery charger
- Paguro diesel generator
- 2x engine-mounted alternators
- Shore power connection with 220v sockets
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
- The hot freshwater circuit is led into a well insulated hot water tank, heated by engine or 230v AC immersion heater element.
- 12vDC automatic electric bilge pump
- Manual bilge pump
- 170 litre fuel capacity in stainless steel tank
- 360 litres water capacity in stainless steel tanks
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
- Raymarine 12” colour GPS, radar chart plotter display
- Raymarine 24Nm radar scanner
- Raymarine speed, depth, log and wind transducers
- Raymarine i70 multi displays
- Suunto steering compass
- Sailor VHF
- Alpes Inox gas stove with oven
- Engine-driven Frigoboat refrigerator
- 2x manual marine heads
- Hot & cold pressurised water supplies with shower in heads
- Stereo with speakers
Summary of Accommodation:
- Up to 9 berths in forward cabin, twin bunks cabins, saloon and owner’s cabin aft. Two heads.
- All joinery is teak faced with solid teak or laminated teak frames and capping. Satin varnish finish, all doors provided with retaining swing stops
- Kick plates on steps and chafing pieces on sills are provided
- Cloth upholstery through out
- Teak gratings in head
- Floorboards with laid teak veneer with holly inlay
- Access to bilge at appropriate points
- Soft lining panels to deck head
- 3 spreader masthead rig – painted white 2012
- Keel-stepped mast
- Rod rigging – replaced 2012
- Genoa furler
- Navtec hydraulic adjustment for backstay and vang with control panel
- Spinnaker pole with associated equipment
- Complete equipment for staysail
- 2x primary winches
- 2x self-tailing secondary / spinnaker winches
- 2x self-tailing mainsheet winches
- 2x self-tailing genoa halyard winches
- 2x self-tailing spinnaker halyard winches
- 1x self-tailing main halyard winch
- 2x self-tailing reefing winches
- Millenium Sails fully-battened mainsail – double tafera – 2013
- UK Sails furling genoa – Hydranet
- Storm Jib
- Double stainless lifelines with side boarding gates
- Cockpit table
- Bathing platform ladder
- Mercury 9.9hp outboard – 2011
- Zodiac VTR 340 tender
- Outboard bracket
Covers & Canvas:
- Mainsail Lazybag with lazyjacks
- Cockpit cushions
- Boom awning
Anchoring & Mooring:
- Lofrans Airon electric anchor windlass
- 35lbs CQR anchor with chain
- Fenders & warps
- Safety Equipment for 50miles+ navigation
- MOB recovery
- Fire extinguishers
Lying Tuscany - Italy
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Tel: +44 (0)1590 673715 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact Alex Grabau at +44(0)1590 673715
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Baltic Yachts
Designer: Doug Peterson
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 14.64 m
Beam: 4.36 m
LWL: 11.76 m
Minimum Draft: 2.65 m
Maximum Draft: 2.65 m
Displacement: 12100 kgs
Ballast: 5400 kgs
Total Power: 75 HP
Engine Brand: Volvo
Year Built: 1987
Engine Model: MD31A
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 6000
Propeller: Folding propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 75 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (360 Liters)
Fuel Tanks: (170 Liters)
Number of single berths: 5
Number of twin berths: 1
Number of double berths: 1
Number of cabins: 4
Number of heads: 2
Number of bathrooms: 2
Wind speed and direction
Fully battened mainsail
Electric bilge pump
Fresh water maker
Manual bilge pump
Shore power inlet
Electrical Circuit: 12V
Outboard engine brackets
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.
Other Boats from Grabau International
San Giorgio di Nogaro, Italy
San Remo, Italy