- Video Gallery
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Northeast Harbor, ME
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 399,000
MEMORY IV was custom built for one of the owners of Able Marine. The original owner was an experienced yachtsman wanting a comfortable "go anywhere" boat to sail to the South Pacific. Chuck Paine designed an extremely capable offshore cruiser with all the positive attributes of a center cockpit vessel, while still giving her sleek lines and a sea-friendly offshore cockpit where the boat can easily be sailed shorthanded. Major upgrades in 2006 costing over 300K included a redesigned sail plan incorporating a new carbon fiber mast, standing rigging, Leisturefurl boom, and sails, new engine, new generator, new Awlgrip and significant re-wiring. In the last year she has had a new bowthruster and airconditioning added, and most deck hardware re-bed. She is a true go-anywhere vessel with three private cabins and two heads. Currently stored in a heated building and can be seen anytime.
Please contact Wythe Ingebritson at 207-664-8111
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 50 ft 0 in
Beam: 13 ft 11 in
LWL: 41 ft 3 in
Minimum Draft: 6 ft 2 in
Displacement: 37000 lbs
Ballast: 13700 lbs
Total Power: 125 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 2006
Engine Model: JH3-DTE
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 1320
Propeller: Folding propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 125 HP
Cruising Speed: 7 knots
Number of cabins: 3
Number of heads: 2
- Topsides are Awlgrip Royal Blue.
- Hull is fiberglass with Airex core.
- Deck is fiberglass with balsa-core, glassed to the hull with high bulwarks.
- Bulwarks topped with varnished teak caprail.
- Side decks are laid teak with traditional kingplank.
- Other surfaces are painted with Awlgrip Matterhorn white, light grey nonskid on cabin tops to reduce glare.
- Custom 316 grade stainless steel is used for stemhead, pulpits, stanchions, dorade guards and chainplates.
- Custom dinghy davits.
- Double lifelines with port and starboard gates.
- Bomar deck hatches (8).
- Manual crane for tender motor.
Interior Finish & Layout
- Beautifully detailed combination of fine cabinetry and satin varnished cherry trim and joinery.
- Cabinet doors are generally recessed paneled type with louvers, all have secondary positive offshore latching mechanisms.
- Bulkheads are white in Herreshoff style.
- Cabin soles throughout are satin varnished teak and holly.
- Handrails are strategically positioned throughout the interior.
- Bureau tops are varnished cherry as are cabinet doors, drawer fronts, door jambs and fiddles.
- Drawers are built with true dovetail joints.
- Personnel door frames have arched lintels.
- Private stateroom with V-berth.
- Fore and aft shelving to each side.
- Satin varnished hull ceilings.
- Large hanging locker to port and bureau to starboard.
- The fore and aft bulkheads of this cabin are watertight,
- Ventilation from a large overhead deck hatch, two opening ports and a dorade ventilator.
- Basin, toiletry lockers and linen stowage.
- Trimmed in teak.
- A combination of doors permits expansion into a roomy shower.
- Double cabin with upper and lower berths.
- Bureau and hanging locker.
- Sliding paneled door.
- Ventilation from two opening ports, an overhead hatch and a dorade ventilator.
- A dining area for six is to port with medium blue Ultra Sued upholstery.
- Two louvered cabinets outboard of dinette with two book shelves with removable fiddles.
- Paul Luke wood burning fireplace surrounded by blue and white Delft tiles.
- Single built in settee to starboard with louvered cabinet outboard.
- Located to starboard opposite the galley.
- Oversized chart table with instrument console facing the navigator with a cherry faced cabinet and three-bay pencil/storage tray.
- Double tier for chart storage so that charts for immediate use are kept in the upper level while the lower level (with its own separate aft-facing door/cover) contains secondary charts.
- Large bookshelf outboard.
- Excellent light and visibility due to raised deckhouse.
- Located at companionway outboard to port.
- Equipped with custom stainless steel countertops throughout.
- Large deep stainless steel sink with pressure hot/cold water, filtered fresh water, and salt water faucets.
- Generous food and galleyware lockers are outboard and forward.
- Tasco 3-burner stove with oven.
- GE microwave (available via inverter power).
- Independent engine-driven and 110AC refrigeration systems are installed within well insulated ice boxes (8 cu. ft fridge, 7 cu. ft. freezer).
- Swing out bottle locker provides secondary engine access (at base of companionway.
- Fantastic light and viability due to raised deckhouse.
- The companionway steps have lift-up treads with storage for flashlights, safety harnesses, and other items requiring quick access.
- Located in passageway aft of nav station (leading to aft cabin).
- Full headroom.
- Wet hanging locker.
- Work bench with swing out stool.
- Spare parts stowage and tool drawers.
- Double doors to the engine/mechanical compartment.
Aft Master Cabin
- Watertight compartment with cherry paneled double stainless steel dogged door.
- Two excellent sea berths.
- Large hanging locker.
- Companionway ladder with access to the cockpit.
- Ventilation from four opening ports, overhead hatch, and a dorade ventilator.
- Located forward of aft cabin on the port side.
- Separate stall shower (trimmed in teak).
- Yanmar JH3-DTE 125HP (2006) with 1320 hours (fully serviced 2015).
- Scatra drive system.
- MaxProp 22” feathering three-blade.
- Dripless shaft-seal.
- Northern Lights M673 - 5 KW diesel generator (2006) with 660 hours. (Fully serviced 2015)
Village Marine Watermaker model SPW 600 - 25gph.
- Sidepower bowthruster with wireless remote. (2015)
- Cruisair reverse cycle AC and Heat. (2015)
- Espar Heater.
SeaFrost 12volt refrigeration (2 units for fridge and freezer).
(2) Stainless steel and (1) bladder water tanks with a total capacity of 150 gal.
(4) Stainless fuel tanks with a combined capacity of 158 gal.
Tank Tender tank level monitors are connected to all tanks.
- Domestic water via Paragon Senior pump.
- Electric baseboard heating in the forward and aft cabins.
- Paul Luke solid fuel fireplace in the main saloon.
- Grohe mixing valves.
- Seagull IV potable water filter at the galley sink.
Electronics and Navigation Equipment
- Danforth Globemaster 6” binnacle compass (serviced & swung – 2014)
- Furuno Model 1832 Radar (Nav station)
- Fluxgate compasses (2)
- Garmin 7608 XSV plotter - 2015 (Nav station)
- Garmin 7610 plotter - 2015 (Helm)
- AIS System. - 2015
- Icom M-700 SSB radio w/ AT 120 antenna tuner
- B & G Network wind display (nav station/helm)
- B & G Network quad display – wind/depth (nav station/helm)
- Simrad AP24 Auto Pilot (nav station/helm)
- Standard Horizon VHF (nav)
- Garmin 200 VHF - 2015 (nav)
- Standard Ram Mike (aft cabin/nav)
- The electrical system was specifically designed for durability and redundancy.
- Ship's service is 12VDC with 3 8D AGM LifeLine batteries divided into (l) house (1) engine (1) winch banks.
- Emergency crossover switching system for emergency engine start.
- Independent Generator start battery.
- Custom built, main electrical panel with circuit breakers for all loads using color-coded, soldered terminals with lighted texts and condition monitors.
- Wiring is color-coded, harnessed and bundled using highest quality tinned copper wire with soldered, heat shrink, terminals on all connections.
- The 11O VAC shore power system has a 50 ft. cord, with isolation transformer and separate breaker panel.
- Xantrax inverter/charger and Mastervolt engine bank charger.
- Northern Lights generator is mounted in the engine room.
- Grounding and bonding system installed, using copper banding glassed into the hull.
- Extra deep and secure for offshore voyaging with high backrests and sailing controls within easy reach of the helm.
- Cockpit dodger with ss frame. (restitched 2015)
- Bimini with ss frame. (restitched 2015)
- Cockpit cushions. (2015)
Spars and Rigging
- MEMORY IV was re-rigged in 2006 from a ketch to a cutter by her present owner.
- 70’ carbon mast by GMT (2006).
- Leisure-furl boom. (2006)
- Harken headsail furler. (2006)
- Harken staysail furler. (2006)
- Standing rigging is 1 x 19 stainless with Norseman fittings throughout.
- Staysail stay is deployable with Hi-field release lever.
- Dual Navtec hydraulic backstay adjusters and boom vang, controlled at the helm.
- Mast mounted spinnaker pole.
- Navtec hydraulic vang & backstay adjuster.
- Barlow 36 two-speed electric primaries.
- Barlow 28 secondaries.
- Barlow 27 main sheet winch.
- Anderson 46ST two-speed electric halyard/furling.
- (2) Anderson 46ST on mast.
Quantum – Thurston
- Staysail #2 (2006)
- Mainsail (2006)
- Genoa #1
- Storm jib
- Storm trysail
- Emergency engine-driven Jabsco 62 gpm bilge pump.
- (4) Par bilge and shower sump pumps. (Bilge pumps replaced 2015)
- Edson manual bilge pump (model 258) mounted in the cockpit sole.
- Revere Elite Series 6-Person Life raft with hydro-static release. (2015)
- Nillson V-3000 anchor windlass.
- Custom stainless stemhead with dual rollers.
- Sea water washdown.
- 85# CQR plow anchor with 200 feet of 3/8 in. chain.
- Secondary Danforth and Luke storm anchors stored in the foredeck well and lazarette.
- Sun covers for varnished teak dorade boxes and handrails.
- Lines and fenders with covers.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Morris Yachts
Northeast Harbor, ME, United States
Northeast Harbor, ME, United States
Ocean Series 46
Southwest Harbor, ME, United States
Ocean Series 46
Bass Harbor, ME, United States
Ocean Series 38
Unknown, ME, United States
Unknown, ME, United States