- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Rock Hall, MD
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 119,900
Dramatic Price Reduction 1/16/15!
Caravela, a Bob Perry designed Tashiba 36 cutter, is a beautiful, sturdy, capable and surprisingly fast cruising boat. Her split rig offers versatility in the worst conditions and her deep cockpit lets you and your crew feel secure. But, one of the best things about this gal is that she has the look we love with her teak butterfly hatch, etc. but NO TEAK DECKS!
Her hull shines and she is on the hard for your complete inspection. Her owners are ready to move on to other things and have enjoyed many years cruising to far ports on their dear Caravela.
Hard to imagine a well respected proven cruiser for $119,900!
Listed by Michele Martinage, who has been
helping satisfied customers buy and sell yachts for 26 years.
She's always available at email@example.com or by cell which is 410-708-4416.
Please contact Michele Martinage at (410) 708-4416
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 36 ft 0 in
Beam: 11 ft 9 in
LWL: 31 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 6 in
Displacement: 20350 lbs
Ballast: 8740 lbs
Total Power: 51 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 1992
Engine Model: 4JH2
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 2900
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 51 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (100 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (100 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (30 Gallons)
Accommodations and Overview
Starting forward is the owner's cabin with a very large V-berth.. This cabin has drawers, hanging locker, opening overhead hatch and a custom mattress.
Next aft is the head located to starboard. A marble counter top adds class while a separate stall shower with custom privacy door adds utility. This is something that is hard to find on a good cruising boat of this age and length. It's a feature that was well ahead of it's time. There is also a large mirrored medicine cabinet.
The main salon features a straight settee to port, which can double as a single berth, and an "L" shaped dinette to starboard with a "Starburst" table that can be lowered making a double berth for additional guests. There is also a separate table extension for this dining table allowing seating for six.
To port of the companionway is the great galley with charming and traditional "keyhole" bulkhead. To starboard of the companionway and slightly forward is the aft facing nav station, sharing the end of the starboard settee and the entrance to the spacious aft cabin.
- Caravela has absolutely beautiful teak joinery.
- She is designed for livaboard cruising with features like a separate stall shower and top opening refrigerator. These may seem simple but, are what I hear over and over from people wanting to cruise.
- She has a deep, safe cockpit and good canvas.
- Her split rig allows a sail plan for any weather.
- She has a full keel and NO teak decks.
- Beautiful Butterfly hatch in Main Salon
- 13 Bronze opening ports with screens
- Screens for all hatches
- Separate custom teak screen for companionway doors
- She is homey and has nice touches like Ultrasuede cushions in the main salon, trawler oil lamp, fans and a propane heater in the salon.
Caravela has a "U" shaped galley to port of the companionway. It is a safe, secure place to work.
- Double bowl stainless steel sinks
- Hot and Cold pressure water plus fresh and salt water whales
- Top loading dry storage hold
- Great storage
- Broadwater Stainless Steel four burner propane stove with oven and broiler
- Top loading Sea Frost engine drive/110V refrigerator and freezer
Sails & Rigging
Caravela has an extruded aluminum mast and boom. She is a cutter rig, which allows greater versatility in varrying weather condiitons.
- Fully battened mainsail with two reef points and lazy jacks - New 2008
- Offshore staysail on Harken furler - New 2005
- 125%Genoa on Harken furler - 2007
- Storm trisail and separate mast track
- Storm Jib that can be attached to furled staysail
- Two main halyards, two genoa halyards and one staysail halyard
- Spare light wind staysail
- Down wind poles for both headsail and staysail
- Running back stays
Deck and Hull
Caravela has a good, deep cockpit, high bulwarking, double lifelines and good handholds.
- No Teak Decks!!
- Port and Starboard side gates
- Boom gallows
- Dodger, bimini and connecting panel in green Sunbrella
- Mainsail cover in green Sunbrella
- (2) Side skirts in green Sunbrella
- (2) Stern skirts in green Sunbrella
- Boom tent and fore deck tent to shade when at anchor
- Cockpit cushions
- Double anchor rollers
- Oversized Maxwell 3500 VWC Electric Windlass with Capstan
- Sea water washdown at bow
- 45LB Manson Galvainzed Supreme Anchor with 200ft of chain and 20ft rode
- 35LB CQR with 25ft chain and 225ft rode
- 25LB Danforth with 25ft chain and 225ft rode
- Fortress 4LB dinghy anchor with chain and rode
- Heavy duty bridle for anchoring
- Dinghy davits
- Teak cockpit table with fold down leaves
- B&G Knot, Depth, Wind Speed/ Wind Direction at helm with repeater at Nav Station
- B&G Below decks mounted Type 2 linear drive/hydraulic Autopilot
- Raytheon radar
- Garmin Chartplotter/ GPS interfaced with Autopilot and Radar
- Backup Magellan GPS at Nav Station
- ICOM802 SSB with Autotuner (can be used as Ham, also)
- Pactor III Modem
- Yaesu FT- 2600 Ham Radio at Nav Station
- ICOM M59 VHF
- ICOM M304 Submersible VHF at Helm
Caravela has full 12V and 110V services. She has full interior lighting and navigational lights.
- (2) Type 31 12V Gel batteries for Bank I
- (4) Type 31 12V Gel batteries for Bank II (130 AH each - house bank)
- Two battery selector switches and isolator
- 2000 watt Freedom inverter/charger
- Link 2000R battery monitor
- 30 AMP shore power inlet
- 50' 30 AMP shore power cord
- (5) 110V outlets
- 140 AMP alternator
Engine & Mechanical Equipment
- Original 44HP Yanmar was replaced 12/1994 with new 51HP 4JH2 diesel engine with 2900 well maintained hours, per engine hour meter in port lazarette. Total hours for original plus replacement engine are logged in hour meter installed in engine panel in aft cockpit.
- Two blade propeller with spurs
- Manual and electric bilge pumps
- Manual head with "Y" valve and hand waste discharge pump from holding tank
Safety and Additional Equipment
- Switlik life raft MD-6
- Web Jack Lines
- (4) Tethers and harnesses
- Emergency Tiller
- Dock Lines, Fenders and Coast Guard Gear
- Inflatable Vests
- Bolt Cutters
- Bilge high Water Alarm
- Blipper radar reflector
- Dual fog horn with momentary button in engine conrol box in cockpit
- Stainless Steel folding swim boarding ladder
- Chart kit for Chesapeake
- 9.8 HP Tohatsu Outboard (no dinghy- too old)
- Rail mount for outboard
- Owners manual, etc. and full set of blue prints
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from S&J Yachts
Rock Hall, MD, United States
Annapolis, MD, United States
Panama, United States
Rock Hall, MD, United States
Trintella Ron Holland Design
Tortola, British Virgin Islands