- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Dartmouth, MA
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 199,000
Sogora is Hull #12 of the superb Shannon 43's and was delivered in June 1986. She underwent an extensive refit in 2001, and has been maintained at a high level since then by her knowledgeable owners. She is one of the more desirable Shannons built due to her bright Herreshoff-style interior. She boasts an extensive equipment list which has been constantly updated for safe and comfortable local and long-range sailing.
Please contact Stuart MacGregor at 508 742 5884
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Total Power: 58 HP
Engine Brand: Westerbeke
Engine Model: W58
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 58 HP
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
LOA : 43' 10" / 47' 6" Beam 13' 5"
Draft : 4' 9" / 8' 7" Displacement : 27,500 lbs.
Mast Clearance : 63'
- Airex-cored Fiberglass hull
- White gelcoat topsides. Beige non-skid decks
- Hull features keel-centerboard configuration with skeg hung rudder and propeller in aperture.
- Red bottom paint over vinylester undercoat.
- Varnish over Cetol teak brightwork on deck.
- Teak rubrail and bowsprit with double anchor rollers.
- Double S/S bow and stern rails. Teak seat on bow rail.
- Double lifelines.
- Teak cockpit grate.
Single 58 HP Westerbeke diesel rebuilt in 2003. 1500 hours since rebuild.
Fuel: 160 gallons in 4 aluminum tanks
Water: 160 gallons in 2 S.S. tanks
Herreshoff interior with pleasing combination of golden matte finished oiled teak and white Formica.
Descending the companionway steps the Navigation station is to starboard and a double berth stateroom to port. Nav station has a chart table (generator housed underneath), a tall storage cabinet with shelves, teak chart holder overhead and a small storage cuddy. Port guest stateroom has hanging locker, four drawers with shelf and cuddy as well as two drawers under berth. A teak accordion door between the guest cabin and the main salon can be closed for total privacy, allowing access to port head through a separate door with full length mirror. Port head has hot & cold pressure water, S/S sink, Raritan Manual toilet (new in 2007), separate shower and manual fresh water pump. Bladder style holding tank for port head in port cockpit lazarette (new in 2002). Port head can also be accessed through a separate door forward of guest room door.
Forward of nav. station on starboard side is a full U-shaped galley with numerous storage cabinets, white Formica counter tops, one large deep S/S sink, top loading freezer, Seafrost top and side loading refrigerator and icebox. Refrigeration is engine and A/C driven (new 2003). Left of the sink are four drawers and access to water tank valves, water filter system and large storage area under sink. The stove is a three burner gimbaled S/S Force 10 unit with oven and broiler. LPG tanks are mounted in cockpit under helm seat. LPG alarm system is mounted in nav station.
Forward of the galley and port head is the main salon. To port is an upper pilot berth with leeboards above a lower 3/4 pull-out settee berth. To starboard is an L-shaped settee, also with a 3/4 pull-out berth. Cushions are navy ultrasuede. Bookshelves and enclosed TV cabinet above. Varnished teak and holly cabin soles and brass reading lights throughout the boat. Fiberglass ceiling headliner is well equipped with dome lights and teak handrails. Full standing headroom.
Forward of the main cabin bulkhead on center line is an enclosed mast cabinet. To port is a louvered cabinet door above a shelf. Below the shelf is a small hanging locker. The cabinet houses the CD-stereo system which has two speakers in the main cabin, as well as two speakers in the cockpit, with dimmer switch. Continuing forward is a large hanging locker opposite the door to the starboard head. The forward head also has a shower, hot and cold pressure water, manual fresh water pump, S/S sink and Raritan manual toilet (new in 2007). A fiberglass holding tank for the starboard head is located forward under the V-berth. The forward cabin features many storage shelves, drawers and another hanging locker. Forward of the V-berth is the anchor locker. Ventilation is excellent on account of 14 opening ports throughout the cabins as well as 5 overhead hatches, all with screens.
- Mastervolt battery charger.
- Diesel powered Espar heater with six outlets.
- 2-30 amp shore power cords with adapter.
- 6 AC outlets throughout interior. 5 12 volt outlets (nav station, main salon and cockpit)
- 4 AGM sealed batteries ( 400 amps total) (2012).
- 125 amp alternator
- 1500 watt pure sine wave inverter
- Westerbeke 5KW generator. 1300 hours since new in 2003.
- Oil changing siphon pump for generator and main engine (2006)
- Tri color masthead light, anchor light, spreader deck lights and navigation lights
- Icom 504 VHF radio (2007)
- Datamarine depth,speed/log, and wind instruments mounted in cockpit.
- Standard Horizon VLH 3000 Loud Hailer (2007) mounted in cockpit
- Furuno 1834 CNT Nav Net 2 10 inch color radar/gps chartplotter(2007) mounted at helm
- 24 inch radome .
- Garmin 182C color chartplotter (back-up)
- Icom ICM 700 SSB radio mounted in nav station.
- Furuno BBWXI weather receiver
- Furuno 7 inch color gps chartplotter at nav station.
Sails & Rigging
- 2014 Doyle full battened mainsail with lazy jacks. Teflon mast track.
- 2014 Doyle roller furling genoa jib on Harken roller furler.
- 2013 club-footed staysail on Harken roller furler.
- 2013 mizzen.
- Other sails include virtually unused symmetrical spinnaker with sock. Also mizzen staysail, and storm jib.
- Navy canvas sail covers, dodger, bimini and pedestal cover.
- Spinnaker pole mounted on mast.
- Aluminum masts with Navtec S/S rod rigging. Unstepped, inspected and maintained every year since 2006
- All winches by Lewmar, #55 self-tailing primary, #42 secondary, #46 self-tailing mainsheet, 6 self-tailing halyard winches (two #8,# 16, # 24,# 30,# 40).
- Lewmar electric main halyard winch (2014)
- Bosuns chair
- Sea anchor and drogue
- Ideal electric windlass, (rebuilt 2010) Up/down switches on deck. main switch at nav station.
- One 25lb Danforth anchor, bowsprit mounted with 25ft of chain and 275ft of rope rode.
- One 45lb. CQR anchor, bowsprit mounted with 200ft all chain rode.
- 2 fender boards, 4 fenders , 8 dock lines
- Bow and stern pulpits, double life lines, Midship tie-down rails port & starboard. 3 boarding gates (port, starboard, aft). Folding swim/boarding ladder port.
- 5 fire extinguishers.
- Pains Wessex 82-514a 406 GPS EPIRB.
- DSB 6 man liferaft in canister under cockpit floor (2007)
- MOM 8 man overboard system plus Lifesling (2015)
- New hot water heater (2007)
- 10ft Avon inflatable dinghy
- 5 HP Mercury outboard motor. Outboard motor bracket and lift on stern pulpit
- Screens for companionway and hatches
- Robertson autopilot
- Hurth transmission rebuilt 2007
- Large emergency engine intake bilge pump
- 2 manual bilge pumps in port stateroom and cockpit
- 2 electric bilge pumps , one with automatic float switch
- 2 holding tank overboard manual pumps under V-berth and in cockpit
- Weems and Plath instrument set, (clock, barometer and temp/humidity
Extensive refit by Quality Yachts in early 2000'S
- All deck fittings rebedded and fasteners replaced
- All deck hatches fitted with new gaskets and plexiglass
- Stereo/ CD player four speakers replaced
- New S/S bow rail 2 S/S bobstays replaced
- Teak bowsprit removed and rebedded
- New dodger , bimini and sail covers
- All new fuel and water tanks installed with foam under.
- New mizzen mast step with S/S backing plate
- New Westerbeke generator system
- New Espar diesel heat system
- New larger alternator, battery charger and voltage regulator
- New Seafrost refrigeration system
- Rebuilt Westerbeke main engine
- New head holding tanks and manual pumpouts
- New ultrasuede navy blue main salon cushions. Other cushions replaced in 2007
- New Teflon mainmast sail track
- New bilge pumps
- New prop shaft, PSS dripless shaft seal, coupling and shaft cutters installed in 2008
- New Force 10 galley stove with oven and broiler
- New propane tanks and alarm system
- New brass cabin reading lights
- New throttle and shifting cables installed
Other Boats from Concordia Yacht Sales
Dartmouth, MA, United States
South Dartmouth, MA, United States
Yawl #100 Captiva
Unknown, MA, United States
Dartmouth, MA, United States
Buzzards Bay 15
Dartmouth, MA, United States
Dartmouth, MA, United States