- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Mazatlan, Sinaloa, Mexico
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 35,900
A personal favorite! Phillipe Briand drew this design originally for Jeanneau as the Sun Fizz 39, a very successful performance charter boat in the Med and Caribbean. O'day bought the molds, had Ray Hunt stretch it to include a swim platform and improve the interior design, then released it under their name as the O'day 40.
Briand's racing background translates into super performance on any point of sail, and easy to drive! Nice interior layout, too.
Her owner wants her gone NOW and will entertain your offer!
Ray and Jeannette have been selling boats in Mexico for over 15 years. Being sailors themselves they take pride in working hard to find the best boat that fits you.
Mazatlan Yacht Sales
Division of Mazatlan Marine Center
Ray Watson and Jeannette Sarrasin
Bvld. Marina Mazatlan #2211 Local 3
Mazatlan, Sinaloa, Mexico 82110
Toll-free (voice/fax) 1-8558-YACHTS (92-2487)
Call via Skype
Tel 011 52 (669) 913-3165
All titling and financial transactions are completed in the US by fully licensed agencies. Ask us about the advantages of an offshore purchase--it's a breeze!
Please contact Ray Watson at 011 52 (669) 913-3165
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: O'Day Yachts
Designer: Phillipe Briand/Ray Hunt
Displacement: 18000 lbs
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
- LOA: 39'7"
- LWL: 33'6"
- BEAM: 12'8"
- DRAFT: 6'4"
- BRIDGE CLEARANCE: 57'
- BALLAST: 6,600 lbs.
- DISPLACEMENT: 18,000 lbs.
- ENGINE: Westerbeke
- ENGINE HP: 46
- ENGINE MODEL: W-46
- CRUISING SPEED: 6 kts. @ 1,800
- ENGINE HOURS: 2,442
- MAX SPEED: 7.5 kts. @ 2,400
- FUEL: (1) 42 US gal., (1) 26 US gal. day tank
- WATER: 107 US gal.
- HOLDING: 38 US gal.
About this boat -
The boat is in overall fair to good condition, all new interior cushions. New cockpit enclosure with new vinyl window material. She has been sitting on the hard and shows no sign of blisters of any size.
She offers a discerning buyer the chance to get a well designed and basically equipped boat for a very good price.
A bright, airy interior with 6'4" headroom throughout! The forward stateroom has a large vee berth, with storage in lockers, drawers, shelves and bins. There's a head/shower to port and additional storage to starboard. The salon features a dinette to port and single settee to starboard. The U-shaped galley is aft and to port, the nav station to starboard. The aft stateroom has a queen thwartship berth, large hanging locker. There's a small chest-type freezer installed there, too, a handy addition to the large refrigeration space in the galley.
- REFRIGERATION: Norcold
- FREEZER: Nova Kool chest-type
- WATER HEATER: SS 6-gal. with engine loop
- STOVE: Two-burner SS with oven (LPG)
- SINK: Double SS
- WATER SYSTEM: Pressure H-C
- STEREO: Sony AM/FM/CD/MP3 satellite-ready
- RADAR: Raymarine 24-mi.
- DEPTH SOUNDER/SONAR: Standard Horizon
- VHF: Icom IC-M422 with Command Mic II remote
- WIND SPEED & DIRECTION: Standard Horizon
- AUTO PILOT: Raymarine SPX-10
- KNOT METER/LOG: Standard Horizon
- CHART PLOTTER/GPS: Raymarine E-120 fully-integrated
- COMPASS: Richie 5" at helm
ELECTRICAL SYSTEM: 12vDC/110vAC
- BATTERIES: (5) Group 27 12-volt marine deep-cycle (750Ah Total)
- TOTAL AMP HOURS: 750
- BATTERYPARALLEL SWITCH: Yes
- SOLAR PANELS: (5); 470 watt total capacity
- BATTERYMONITOR: Yes
- DOCKSIDE CABLE: No
- INTERIOR LIGHTING: 12vDC
- ALTERNATOR: (1) 55-amp, (1) 55-amp spare
- BATTERYCHARGER: TrueCharge 40+ smart charger
Sails & Rigging
- SAILS: Main, #1Genoa, #2Genoa
- PRIMARY SAILMAKER: Neil Pryde, Sobstad, Hood
- BOOM VANG: Yes (soft)
- MAST: Aluminum keel-stepped
- STANDING RIGGING: SS wire
- MAINSHEET TRAVELER: Schaefer
- LINES LED AFT: Yes
- ROLLER FURLING: Hood single line
- WINCHES: All Barlow; (2) #27 2-spd. ST, (2) #24 2-spd. ST
Deck & Ground Tackle
- ANCHORS: (1) 35# CQR with 80' chain and 120' line rode, (1) 33# Lewmar with 20' chain and 250' line rode, (1) 25# CQR
- TOE RAILS: Aluminum
- LADDER: Swim
- SWIM PLATFORM: Yes
- BOW PULPIT: SS
- ANCHOR WINDLASS: Lewmar with new chain gypsy
- DINGHY & MOTOR: SeaMax 12.5' roll-up with Yamaha 9.9-h.p. outboard
- ANCHOR DAVIT/ROLLER: Double
- DINGHY DAVITS: Manual SS
- LIGHTS: Masthead tri-color, spreader, search
- COVERS & CURTAINS: Dodger, bimini, cockpit awning
- LIFELINES & STANCHIONS: Double SS wire on SS stanchions
- DECK MATERIAL: FRP with integral nonskid
- GATES: P, S and stern
- OTHER: Stern shower
Mechanical Equipment & Engine Details
- PROPELLER: Three-blade bronze
- EXTRA PROPELLER: Two-blade bronze
- BILGE PUMPS: (1) automatic, (1) manual
- RAW WATER SEA STRAINERS: Bronze
- FIRE EXTINGUISHING: Manual dry chemical (not tagged)
- FUEL FILTERS: (1) Racor primary, (1) spin-on secondary
- STEERING: Wheel, cable to quadrant
- FUEL SHUT OFFS: Diesel, LPG
- FRESH WATER COOLING: Yes
- TRANSMISSION: Hurth
- HEAD TYPE: Manual, direct discharge
- HOLDING TANK: Manual pump-out
- LIFE JACKETS: (4)
- LIFE RING: Horseshoe type
Owners' personal effects
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Mazatlan Marine Center SA de CV
La Paz, BCS, Mexico
San Carlos, Mexico
La Paz, BCS, Mexico
C & C
San Carlos, Guaymas, Mexico, Mexico
La Paz, BCS, Mexico