Interested in this boat?Toll-free: 866-470-0813Tel: (860) 536-7776
View Full Specifications
St. Maarten/St. Martin
LYRA was designed by Craig Walters and custom built as a one-off by Lyman Morse of Thomaston, Maine. Her design brief must have had the words "handsome, proportionate and beautiful" all in the first sentence of the first paragraph. For intended purpose there must have been a discussion of offshore cruising and racing capability combined with the ability to cruise the Intercoastal with an eye to gunk-holing in the Bahamas. A tall order for any yacht designer, fully acheived in LYRA.
For Offshore duty, Bahama Cruising, ICW / Coastal Junkets - LYRA's proven custom design takes it all in stride. On top of that, she's a happy combination of Lyman Morse's signature high-build quality, tough structural integrity and pleasing lines.
Recent extensive refit, plus new kit of ocean duty equipment makes LYRA a secure platform, ready for extended blue-water passagemaking and cruising.
Her owner is retiring from sailing for medical reasons and invites vessel inspection and appropriate offers from those who recognize a good boat and are interested in assuming stewardship of LYRA.
Please call Bob Rodgers.
PRICE FURTHER REDUCED !! from $389,000. to $325,900. Now to $275,000.
IN STORAGE IN ST. MARTIN THROUGH STORM SEASONS. START THE WINTER SEASON IN THE ISLANDS!!
Please contact Bob Rodgers: Mobile Phone # 860 625 3898 .
LYRA has an unusual, but very appealing interior, designed for comfort at sea. Entering the cabin from the cockpit, there is an aft facing navigation station to port. The galley extends forward of the nav station, housing the ice box, stove/oven and counter space. Opposite, on centerline, is the sink, more counterspace and storage. The engine is located beneath this galley area. To starboard, opposite the nav station, there is a private double quarter berth. Forward is a walk-through head, closing off fore and aft for privacy. Forward of the head is a 6 cubic foot freezer compartment. Stepping forward and down from the galley area the salon has port and starboard settees with pilot berths above and a folding cherry table surrounding the centerboard trunk. There is a large forward double Vee-berth with separate head/shower to port and hanging locker to starboard. The interior trim combines Epifanes satin varnish, pale yellow painted bulkheads, varnished cherry doors, lockers and trim, white cedar hull ceilings and teak and holly cabin sole. Added in 2007, Danish Frigast Concorde blown-glass cabin lights, Cantiluppi Cleo reading lights, 9 dome lights with glass lenses and ample teak shelving serve to highlight the salon. Sensi Bulb LED lights added in 2007, as well.
1. Dickinson Regal 3 burner SS stove/oven/broiler 2. Xintex SA-1 Gas alarm and remote solenoid shutoff, 2007. 3. Manual gas shutoff valve at stove 4. 6 cu ft frig box with 4" insulation 5. Avxcel Sterling frig compressor, 2006. 6. 6 cu ft freezer with 4" insulation 7. Dish locker above freezer 8. Alcraft SS 9 gallon hot water heater, (engine/shore power); new AC heating element, 2008. 9. Jabsco Sensor pump for pressure fresh water, 2006. 10. 2 - Fynspray hand rocker pumps for fresh/salt water, 2006. Not connected. 11. Low amp florescent light plus 6 red LED's for night light, 2006. 12. Electrical DC/AC distribution panel/meters on centerline bulkhead above sink
Forward Head: 1. Groco 7 head with 15 gallon holding/macerator tank/ Sweet tank, Y-valve; deck pump out, 2007. . 2. SS basin and fixtures, storage lockers outboard 3. Low amp florescent light plus 6 red LED's, 2006. 4. Shower with teak grate sump pan and pump-out; new Jabsco pump, 2006. Aft Head: 1. Aft head in passageway to starboard 2. Groco 7 head, 2007 with turncouple Hose Device, 2008. 3. SS basin and fixtures, storage lockers outboard
1. 12 Breaker DC distribution panel for nav instruments, 2007. 2. Raymarine E120 chart plotter/radar/GPS 125 at chart table, 2006. 3. Raymarine E80 chart plotter/radar at helm, 2006. 4. Raymarine 4KW radar radome, 2006. 5. Raymarine GPS300 backup, 2007. 6. Raymarine sailing instruments: Speed, Depth, Wind above companionway and at nav station 7. Simrad A26 autopilot with rate gyro fluxgate compass, 2007. 8. All instruments linked with communication bus, 2007. 9. CARD Collision Avoidance Radar Detection, Re-wired, 2007. 10. ICOM 602 VHF with DSC and remote mic at helm, 2007. 11. ICOM 802 SSB with DSC, 2007. 12. Dual Dynaplate ground wtih copper counterpoise, 2007. 13. Pactor III modem for SailMail and Xereo weatherfax, 2007. 14. Edgeport USB hub; RS232 hub, 2007. 15. Computer 12V power receptacle and USB LAN connection, 2007. 16. AirLink digital antenna/amplifier for enhanced Wi-Fi reception, 2007. 17. Thommen digital flight clock with GMT, LT, ET, CDn and battery backup, 2007. 18. Frigast SS Ocean long neck chart light, 2006. 19. Low amp florescent light plus 6 LED red for night, 2006. 20. TrinTee waterproof quartz clock and expanded scale barometer, 2007. 21. Pioneer FM/AM/CD/MP3 with Cassette, 2006. 22. Bose 191 Flush speakers, 2006; 2 Bose Cockpit Speakers, 2007. 23. Navionic CArtograhy Canada to West Indies, 2008. 24. Navpod Housing at Edson Pedestal, 2007. 25. Edson Slanted SS Guard, 2007. 26. Edson Low Maintenance Cockpit Table, 2007. 27. Low Amp Cockpit Light, 2008.
1. Bass AC/DC multi breaker panel with AC/DC voltage and amphere meters 2. 3 x Lifeline AGM 8D's (700 amps @ 12v DC) House Batteries, 2006. 3. 2 x Lifeline AGM Group 31 (220 amps@ 12v DC) Engine Batteries, 2006. 4. Heavy cabling and batteries fused to ABYC standards, 2006. 5. 2 HD battery switches with parallel solenoid, 2006. 6. 30 amp 110v AC system with bi-pole breaker/polarity main switch, 2006. 7. 30 amp shore power receptacle and 50' cord, 2006. 8. Charles Industries isolation transformer with 110/220v AC input/output, 2006. 9. Victron Energy 2500 watt inverter/120 amp battery charger/AC transfer switch, 2006. 10. Victron Energy Phoenix Multi Inverter/charger panel, adjustable AC shore current limiter, 2006. 11. Victron Energy Venet DC battery monitor panel, 2006. 12. 5 x GFI AC receptacles, 2006. 13. 200 amp 12v DC Amptech alternator, 2006. 14. Alternator output meter 15. Balmar 512 regulator, 2006. 16. 2 small solar panels for trickle charge 17. 2008 Entec West 4.2 KW AC Genset 18. Airx Wind Generator, 2007.
1. Westerbeke 70 freshwater cooled: compression checked and within specs 2. SS shaft with Spurs and 2 blade MaxProp 3. Morse single lever control, 2006 with new cables. 4. Perko raw water strainer 5. Groco winter flush device, 2006. 6. Dual Racor filters on manifold with vacuum gauge and selector valve 7. Brass anti-vibration filter bowl drain valves, 2008. 8. Remote Racor indicator at helm for water presence 9. AlgaeX, 2008. 10. Reverso pump for oil change, 2006. 11. Kidde Halon engine room automatic fire extinguisher, 2007. 12. Jabsco HD blower, 2006. 13. 200 amp dual belt Amptech alternator with Balmar 512 regulator, 2006. 14. Alcraft 9 gal SS water heater (engine/shore power) 15. 2 x 20lb aluminum propane bottles in isolated self draining compartment; new valves, 2008. 16. High Seas diesel cabin heater 17. Hart Tank Tender - calibrated 18. New P/S Fuel Tank Vent System, 2006. New Fuel Pick up and Return Copper Snorkel in P/S Tnaks, 2008. 19. Fuel supply/Return manifolds with Parker shutoff valves, 2008. 20. Parker fittings/hose/valves for fuel lines, 2008. Bilge Pumps: 1. Whale double action manual pump in cockpit 2. Edson lever action namual pump below 3. Rule 2000 in main sump, 2007. 4. 2 x Rule 500 at sump sides, 2007. 5. 1 x Rule 500 at mast step, 2007. 6. 4 x Rule auto/manual pump panels (one spare), 2007. 7. 1 x Flojet Anchor Washdown Pump, 2007.
1. Custom Hall white Awlgrip aluminum tapered mast 2. Double spreaders swept aft 12 degrees with custom leather spreader boots, 2006. 3. Welded masthead with spinnaker cranes; New Spinnaker Blocks, 2006. 4. Custom SS mast collar, Spartite seal with Sunbrella canvas boot, 2006. 5. Separate trysail track and internal halyard, 2006. 6. Set of folding steps 4 feet below masthead, 2006. 7. Navtec discontinuous rod 8. Navtec System Five Hydraulics with vang and backstay cylinders, Rebuilt by Sound Rigging, 2006. 9. Navtec backstay insulators 10. SS chain plates with lightening ground 11. SS mast step with adjustable mast base: Bermuda bar safety bolt thru 12. Custom Hall Awlgripped aluminum boom with doubler for mid-boom sheeting, 2006. 13. Lazyjacks with 4 x SS cradles p/s on boom to catch dropping main, 2007. 14. Port/Starboard preventer pennants, 2007. 15. Antal clutches for halyards, 2006. 16. Antal luff track and sliders for full-batten main, 2006. 17. Antal cunningham blocks, 2006. 18. Antal running back blocks, 2006. 19. Antal spinnaker pole hoist mechanism, 2006. 20. Antal halyard tensioning track for furling jib. Avoids hanging coil of halyard tail, 2006. 21. LopoLight LED Tricolor and Anchor lights, 2006. 22. Hella steaming/decklight combination with custom SS guard, 2006. 23. Reckman 2000 roller furler, New Extrusion by Sound Rigging, 2006. 24. Detachable inner forestay and babystay with HD quick release SS turnbuckles 25. Carbon fiber spinnaker pole with composite end fittings 26. Aluminum reaching strut 27. Metz VHF antenna, 2006. 28. Windex, 2006.
1. Lewmar Winches: 1. 2 x 65 ST3SPD electric primaries/emergency breakers in cockpit locker. New Switches/Solenoids & Heavy Cable, 2006. 2. 2 x 50 ST2SPD secondaries, 2007. 3. 1 x 48 ST2SPD electric main halyard , 2007. 4. 2 x 48 ST2SPD midship cabintop spinnaker/reefing 5. 3 x 46 ST2SPD mast mounted halyard 6. 1 x 44 ST2SPD for centerboard, spin topping lift, 2008. 2. Antal clutches 3. Inboard and rail mounted genoa tracks with multiple cars, eyes and stops 4. Harken Big Boat mainsheet traveler mounted forward of companionway, new Car and Hardware, 2008. 5. Double ended mainsheet led to helm position 6. Lewmar turning double foot blocks with SS becket 7. Maxwell Liberty 2500 windlass /capstan with foot switches and cockpit remote/breaker, 2007. 8. SS HD stemhead anchor roller, 2007. 9. Chain stopper, 2007. 10. Chain grab hook and 30' multiplait line, 2007. 11. 330; HT 3/8" galvanized chain, 2007. 12. 55# Delta anchor with SS swivel, 2007. 13. 45# CQR anchor as spare with road/chain 14. Atkins Hoyle large foredeck hatch with inside outside dogs and lock covered wtih seahood, 2007. 15. 4 x Atkins Hoyle vent hatches 16. Atkins Hoyle reversing cabintop hatch with seahood 17. 8 x Atkins Holye cabinside portlights 18. Custom HD dodger boss protecting companionway/forward cockpit from heavy seas, 2008. 19. SS arch over stern for radar, antenna, sternlight, solar panels, eind generator, bimini 20. SS outboard motor hoist 21. Edson steering pedestal with high angled guard and Navpod instrument box 22. Custom Edson bi-spoke welded offshore wheel with leather, 2007. 23. Edson low maintenance folding cockpit table, 2007. 24. Transom boarding/emergency swim ladder 25. Mid-ship folding ladder at gate 26. SS pulpit/stern arch with lifelines and p/s gates 27. SS p/s mast granny bars 28. 5 x SS Hood vents on teak dorade boxes and SS guards 29. Assorted Block Spares. 30. Assorted Snatch Blocks 31. Edson Boarding Step, 2007. 32. New hardwared for Anchor Washdown, (salt) and Cockpit Shower, (fresh water), 2008.
The teak decks are set in 3M 5200. In 2008, the mechanical fasteners were removed, the holes counter-bored, and new teak bungs set in epoxy. The rebate in the seams was cut deeper and caulking completed on 70% of the deck. The result is uniform teak decks of 12mm with no fastenings. This is the standard thickness of most new teak decking.
1. Sunbrella "Spa" 2. Mainsail Cover 3. Mast Boot, 2007. 4. Windlass Cover, 2007. 5. 2 x hatch seahoods, 2007. 6. Life raft cover, 2007. 7. Dodger with double fabric top , 2007. 8. North full hoist zip sock for headsail to protect from UV and Sahara dust, 2007. Sails: 1. North Norlam Radial cut 9 oz. main, 2007 2. Full battened (5), 3 reefs, over the head leech line, Antal track and fittings 3. #2 Genoa (furler) with UV protection, 2007. 4. Large staysail with hanks, 2007. 5. #3 Genoa cross cut Dacron (Bondell) works as a yankee offshore 6. Light spinnaker Staysail 7. 1.5 oz. triradial spinnaker in snuffer sock 8. .75 oz. triradial spinnaker (also fits sock) 9. Storm trysail 10. Storm jib with hanks and luff tape
1. Givens 8 man ocean rated life raft, Serviced, July, 2008. 2. ACR 406 EPIRB, battery replace, 2006. 3. CARD 4. MOM9 module, Serviced July, 2008. 5. Horseshoe/ACR strobe, 2007. 6. Life vests 7. Flares 8. P/S jack lines 9. Carbom monoxide detector, 2007. 10. Fire extinguisher in each cabin and in cockpit 11. Kidde Halon automatic engine room fire extinguisher
Upgrades for 2012
Village Marine Tec watermaker 800 gals/d
Seafrost BDXPA/W 12V frig air/water cooled
Aircraft grade quartz clock at nav
Fresh water quick connect piping system
Whale IC Fresh Water pump
Whale Gulper 220 rover bilge pump
Fwd head ShurFlo basin/shower wand fixture
Scot pump SS 1 1/2 Vented loop at head output
Galley Delta faucet
Imtra/Flensch 19" LED rail light over galley sink
Hot water heater thermostatic mixer valve; and winterizing diverter circuit
14 coats varnish ext cabin trunk sides
Paint fwd head areas and shower tray
Leather reinforcing patches on dodger
Extra SS dodger support rods
3 coats Micron 66 green
Compound/wax topsides & deckworks
Teak decks scrubbed/dressed
SS deck fittings polished
2 x MOBRI S-2 radar reflectors
Lazy jacks modified
Hurth transmission rebuilt
Tides dripless shaft gland with spare lip seal in situ
Martec shaped shaft zinc
Parker fuel polisher
2 x Lavac heads with HD 12V pumps
Re-pack and re-bed rudder post gland
Westerbeke 70 new flow controller for domestic hot water circuit
W70 new fuel lift pump
W70 new Sherwood bronze raw water pump
New dual Racors 500 filters with selection manifold and remote water alarm
Machined pulley/housing plate for better alignment of belt and seating of oil lip seal on Entec West 4.2KW genset
New 66 lb. Bugel anchor with SS power ball chain swivel
New Navionics X-wide area electronic charts for all USA, Bermuda, Bahamas, Caribbean, Central and South America
New Whale Gulper rover bilge pump
New ShurFlo faucets aft head
New lee cloths for pilot berths
New 2 x Village Tech RO membranes/zero hours on NoFrills 800gpd unit for Watermaker
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Interested in this boat?Toll-free: 866-470-0813Tel: (860) 536-7776