- View Full Specifications
One Of A Kind w/ an elevator!
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Twin / diesel
- Located In:
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 794,999 Tax Paid
This is a rare opportunity to own and enjoy a classic Wilbur Yacht with a 2015 refit. The owner has spared no expense to keep her in NEW condition from stem to stern.
From the drawing board of C. Raymond Hunt and custom built by the Lee Wilbur yard in Maine, this well-maintained yacht would make an ideal live-aboard family cruiser just by virtue of its comfortable interior arrangement plan alone. Add to that the many features usually found on larger vessels: a Library study, standup engine room, and spacious private master stateroom place EXPLORER in a class by herself. EXPLORER was originally designed for the knowledgeable yachtsman whose requirements included solid construction of a fiberglass motor yacht that could comfortably cruise in a seaway, upwind as well as downwind. This resulted in a proven sea-kindly vessel that blended economical safe performance with the popular no-nonsense C Raymond Hunt style. The folding mast allows for canal and bridge transit from the East Coast to the Great Lakes.
Originally launched in 1986, she has been with the current owner since 1999. The vessel has undergone a meticulous total refit of all hull, propulsion, running gear and auxiliary machinery, electrical, electronic, plumbing (waste tanks, water maker, refrigeration, air conditioning). Deck fittings, windows and ports removed, re-plated, re-bedded, with topsides and superstructure painted, making her equivalent to a 2015 new build of a classic C. Raymond Hunt design.
Contact Broker Capt Andrea Gaines M: (860) 391-2943 email: email@example.com
She just completed a haul out period and is now sporting new bottom paint, new prop speed and new zincs.
A virtual tour of EXPLORER can be seen by copying and pasting the following link into your web browser:
Please contact Andrea Gaines at M: (860) 391-2943; O: (203)-687-4700
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Lee Wilbur
Designer: Raymond C Hunt
Flag of Registry: United States
LOA: 70 ft 0 in
Beam: 16 ft 9 in
LWL: 61 ft 0 in
Length on Deck: 67 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 6 in
Displacement: 82000 lbs
Dry Weight: 64000 lbs
Total Power: 1420 HP
Engine Brand: Detroit
Engine Model: Allison
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 350
Drive Type: Stern drive
Engine Power: 710 HP
Engine Brand: Detroit
Engine Model: Allison
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 350
Drive Type: Stern drive
Engine Power: 710 HP
Cruising Speed: 20 knots @ 2000 RPM
Maximum Speed: 24 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: Aluminum (600 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: Aluminum (1185 Gallons)
Number of single berths: 1
Number of twin berths: 4
Number of double berths: 1
Number of cabins: 3
Number of heads: 3
Wind speed and direction
Fresh water maker
Sea water pump
Electric bilge pump
Shore power inlet
Electrical Circuit: 12V
Liferaft - 11' Nouvrania
Total Liferaft Capacity: 8
Lee Wilbur Motor Yacht, C. Raymond Hunt Design
The forward stateroom features a large upper single+ berth to starboard, with cane-fronted locker below, and a low single+ berth to port. Aft of the starboard berth is a dresser with four drawers and a roomy hanging locker. TV and DVD are mounted on the forward bulkhead. Nearby are doors that access the forepeak. The forepeak has separate anchor chain and nylon anchor lines. A large overhead hatch provides ventilation and natural light, which can be blocked by a retractable sunshade. The deck above is insulated under removable ceiling panels. Sidewalls are varnished battens, which are further enhanced by white walls, varnished oak trim, and carpet. The forward statement is serviced by a standalone Dometic AC unit. The AC condensate and anchor chain locker wastewater drains into the forward grey water tank that is automatically pumped overboard, unless locked for environmental reasons. A dedicated FM/AM/CD stereo system services the stateroom. Below the carpet and cabin sole is a watertight hatch for access to the bow thruster and dedicated sealed AGM batteries. The 24 Volt dedicated charger system is located in the hanging locker (Equipment and finishing New 2015).
Moving aft is a shower room serving all lower forward deck cabins. The forward grey water tank lies below.
A spacious head is aft and starboard of the shower with a Dometic fresh water VacuFlush toilet with vanity sink, and numerous storage locker doors in the companionway allow this area to be used as a day head or, for further privacy, as an ensuite bath as part of the forward stateroom. Just aft is access to four different areas: port stateroom, crew lounge w/ convertible berth, stairway to the main deck, and hatch access to bilge compartment where black and grey water tanks and seacocks are located.
FORWARD BILGE COMPARTMENT
The floor hatch leads to a deep accessible, lighted compartment that holds two separate new Dometic VacuFlush systems, grey water and black water tanks and seawater circulating pump for the flybridge AC system. Dedicated automatic bilge pump and bilge level alarm sensor are fitted.
This stateroom to port includes upper and lower berths with a shelf outboard and drawers beneath. Small dresser with drawers, and hanging locker are forward of berths. There is a digital TV/DVD on the shelf above the hanging locker. White walls with varnished oak trim provide a light and airy environment accented by a teak and holly sole. The ensuite head features vanity sink, Dometic fresh water VacuFlush toilet, and generous storage.
STAIRWAY TO LIBRARY
From below, the curved varnished stair leads to the library. Half way up is the starboard storage locker that holds the water maker osmosis system (new membranes 2014), and storage. Beneath the stair tread lays the forward holding tank vent filter, and the forward black water macerator pump.
A private stairway from the main salon leads aft below to the master stateroom. Immediately to port at the base of these stairs is a day head. The master stateroom is furnished in teak paneling and teak and holly sole. To starboard is a queen-size berth with drawers beneath. USB and AC charging outlets are provided bedside. The aft wall holds a large hanging locker with dresser drawers. One drawer pulls out to serve as a desk surface with computer inside. A folding varnished stool completes the workstation. The berth has brass reading lamps and conveniently located air conditioning controls. To port is a single berth with a hanging closet aft. Additional storage is available in numerous shelves and cubbies. There are four port lights with privacy covers. The ships service battery charger and inverter are mounted in the aft starboard closet. Beneath the starboard berth is the black water tank for the aft heads. Beneath the berths are the stabilizer fin actuators. Beneath the starboard aft locker lay the master AC circulating pump and the grey water tank. Aft electrical panel is starboard side of the ladder from the master cabin to the aft deck. A VHF radio station is at the top of the ladder for easy access from the aft deck or the master cabin. This stateroom has a personal companionway to the aft cockpit.
MASTER STATEROOM HEAD
The ensuite head has toilet, vanity sink, and separate shower stall with a settee and a built in Mr. Steam.
CREW CABIN GALLEY and LOUNGE
The crew cabin/lounge is aft of the port stateroom and the main deck stairway. It includes an L-shaped dinette to port. The dinette converts into a spacious double bunk for crew. Starboard is a LG washer/dryer (New 2015), stainless steel sink, two refrigerators, an electric two burner stove top and extensive storage in lockers and drawers. A door, with a porthole window in the aft bulkhead gives visual access into the engine room with full standing headroom. The port side has access to a machinery locker and the AC system for crew and passenger cabin. Herein is the sea chest where grey water drains exit. The battery charger for engine and generator batteries is also located in the machinery locker. Below the outboard seats is spare part storage. Below the aft dinette seat is the main seawater circulating pump servicing AC systems. The fire extinguisher and manual emergency engine room halon system for engine room located on the bulkhead.
The stairway to the main deck leads to the on deck library/study and observation lounge. The large settee (w/drawers beneath) across the aft bulkhead faces two teak and stainless cushioned pedestal chairs. The large windows forward provide natural light and excellent visibility while the port and starboard sliding doors allow access to the deck as well as cross ventilation. The main electrical panel is handily located to port. An auxiliary electrical panel serving the flybridge, after electric panel selector switch is located on the forward facing bulkhead by the port sliding door. A VHF radio station is handy to the port door. A varnished wood ladder with a convertible electric platform lift to the flybridge is to starboard. The main deep freezer chest is located below the aft settee.
- A doorway aft/to from the library study opens into the main salon/galley area.
- This multipurpose area has an L-shaped upholstered settee with varnished teak drop leaf table in the starboard aft corner, built-in bar, Satellite TV with DVD.
- An AM/FM/XM Sirius radio tuner and sound system to all main deck areas and the flybridge.
- The study and main salon/galley are tastefully decorated with white walls set off by varnished teak joiner work and enhanced by teak and holly soles.
- Matching wood venetian blinds cover the side and aft window.
GALLEY (Upgrade 2016)
The white Corian galley counter top is arranged along the port side of the salon and is equipped with:
- Panasonic built-in microwave oven
- Princess 3-burner electric stove with oven
- Elkay large deep stainless steel sink
- Built in soap dispenser and filtered drinking water
- Kenmore dishwasher
- Custom commercial grade refrigerator
- Garbage disposal
- U-line Icemaker
- Numerous lockers and drawers
The aft cockpit is accessible directly from the master stateroom or through port and starboard doors from the side decks. This fully enclosable area is air conditioned and furnished; port and starboard, with L-shaped cushioned settees fronted by hi/lo tables. Surround side curtains (New 2016). Along the forward bulkhead is a cabinet with lockers and 2 drawers to port, cushioned bench seat with storage beneath to starboard.
- Two AC units service the aft cockpit.
- The spacious lazarette can be reached through a hatch in the sole.
- Forward to port is liquor storage and serving area with fresh water.
- Sound system speakers are under the seats, along with rope lighting with dimmer.
- Above the aft cabin resides the 11’ Novurania with 25 HP Johnson motor.
- Hydraulic Marquip 2000lb davit.
- 9’ Dyer Dhow sailing dinghy stowed mid-ship on deck.
Under the aft deck carpet, a ladder leads down to the lazarette.
- 22 KW Northern Lights generator, (overhaul 2015)
- Steering gear, spare propellers, ships service batteries with dedicated charger and stern anchor and line, boarding ladders, stern thruster batteries and charger. (New 2015)
- The generator electrical panel, fuel tank valves are on the forward wall of the compartment.
- Two fresh water tanks are located port and starboard.
- The Buel air horn compressor and hydraulic pump for the Marquip lift are outboard to starboard (New 2015).
- Two Dometic AC units with seawater circulating pump are to port.
The fully enclosed flybridge can be reached by way of ladder (or the electric platform lift in the study) or by the port side deck. The center steering console, with Pompanette helmsman's seat, offers excellent visibility and total protection from inclement weather. Twin double action overhead hatches allow for natural ventilation. Two forward facing, cushioned bench seats offer underway seating for guests. Seating is also available aft on the L-shaped cushioned settee with varnished teak drop hi/lo table. Solar heat protection added to glass windows on bridge (New 2016). Side curtains for flybridge (New 2016).
- Garmin Autopilot
- Garmin GPSmap 4212
- Garmin GPSmap 5208
- Garmin AIS
- Garmin Rudder Position Indicator
- Garmin Wind Speed Indicator
- Sirius Weather Radio
- Sirius Audio Radio
- Garmin Fathometer
- SEA 322 SSB radio
- ICOM VHF M604 (incl Intercom, automatic fog horn, Hailer) w/two remote Command Mic III stations (New 2015)
- ICOM VHF Handheld M-36 (2)
- ARC EPIRB, connected to NEMA Network (New 2015)
- Standard Horizon VHF radio (2)
- Ritchie "8" compass in stainless binnacle (Rebuilt 2015)
- Azimuth electronic digital compass
- Fireboy CO Sentinel detectors (2) (New 2015)
- 110V AC and 12V DC systems
- 50amp Shore power connections (2)
- 100 amp Galvanic Isolators (2)
- Isolation transformers (2)
- 8kW Northern Lights generator
- 22kW Northern Lights generator
- Sentury 40 amp battery charger (for engine start batteries)
- Xantrax Freedom Marine 25 Charger/Inverter (for house service)
- Pro Nauta 12-20 Amp Generator Start (New 2015)
- Pro Nauta 12-20 Amp charger - bridge electronics (New 2015)
- Pro Nauta 24 -20 Amp - stern thruster batteries (New 2015)
- Pro Nauta 24-20 Amp - bow thruster batteries (New 2015)
- Bridge Anchor Windlass Control
- Bridge Proportional Bow and Stern Thruster Control (New 2015)
- Bilge Alarm System panel
- Windshield wipers and fresh water rinse (New 2015)
- Fuel Tank Gauges (New 2015)
- Water Tank Gauges (New 2015)
MECHANICAL EQUIPMENT AND ENGINE DETAIL
- Hynautic hydraulic single helm wheel steering, 2¾ turns lock to lock
- Panish single lever engine controls
- Glendenning engine synchronizers
- Capital Marine Gear transmissions, rebuilt (less than 500 hours)
- Dripless Strong stuffing boxes
- Stainless main struts
- Stainless intermediate struts
- 33” x 33” cast bronze propellers
- Stainless spade runners
- 2½" stainless shafts w/dripless shaft seals (new 2015)
- Gyro Gale pneumatic dual fin stabilizers (rebuilt 2015)
- Bennett trim tabs (rebuilt 2015)
- FRP water lift mufflers on generators
- Stainless Steel custom wet exhaust for main engines (new 2015)
- Wet exhaust system through non-metallic hose
- Oil transfer system (new 2015)
- Watermaker-35GPD (new 2016)
- 12v/DC manual / automatic bilge pumps w/ monitor system (4)
- Spare 33 x 34 propellers stored in Lazarette (balanced 2015)
DECK AND MISC EQUIPMENT
- MAGMA propane grill with fiberglass tank deck mounted (New 2016)
- Nouvrania 11' inflatable (2000) w/25 hp 4-stroke Yamaha outboard
- Dyer Dow 9’ sailing dinghy
- Electric windlass 110Volt
- 90lb CQR with 280’ 3/8" BBB chain (run out, inspected and painted June 2016)
- Taylor fenders (4)
- 100lb Danforth storm anchor w/ rode
- Danforth stern anchor
- Commercial Type I life jackets (24)
- Spare Danforth anchor
- Sport life vests for water ski and dinghy use
- Flare kit (expiration: 11/2018)
- Life slings (2)
- Canvas covers for tenders
- Viking Life Raft 8 Person (expiration: 08/2018)
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.