- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 595,000
Ready to go!
For further information contact Steve Deane at 954-224-4572, or email email@example.com
Please contact Steve Deane at 954-224-4572
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 80 ft 3 in
Beam: 20 ft 3 in
Maximum Draft: 8 ft 0 in
Engine Brand: Caterpillar
Engine Model: 3208 TC
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Fresh Water Tanks: (725 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (800 Gallons)
One of the most significant features of "Ruling Angel" is the remarkable engineering improvements that the present owners chose to add to the vessel, prior to their circumnavigation. Under the guidance and design of the world famous composite engineers at High Modulus in Auckland, New Zealand, and composite specialists at Austral Marine Ltd., "Ruling Angel" received a major hull, deck, bulkhead, and chainplate reinforcement refit which has created an unusually strong and capable offshore fast cruiser. This major refit, which cost in excess of $750,000 has allowed the always shorthanded couple to complete their 65,000 plus mile world cruise in safety, comfort, and speed.
For drawings and description of this fantastic project, please contact the listing broker and details will be forwarded immediately.
Total Power: 325
The immediate pleasure of being aboard RULING ANGEL is from her wonderfully spacious areas. Seating for 12 persons in the sheltered, enclosable cockpit (10' x 10') with fixed, drop leaf dining table. Decks are clear, wide and of natural teak. The main salon is below, forward from the cockpit, all varnished teak and huge (16' x 20'). The navigation/communication station is here, aft to port. Bar and entertainment center are aft to starboard. Lounge seating for three to starboard plus ample room for two easy chairs with adjacent cocktail table. Breakfast bar is forward to starboard and open to the galley. Portside has dining banquette with seating for up to 10. All built-in cabinetry, furniture, and trim is of varnished teak. Three large staterooms aft, each ensuite with bath. Galley, laundry room, lounge, and two crew cabins are forward. Headroom averages 6'6".
RULING ANGEL was created as a quality performance sailing yacht with the spacious accommodations of a motor yacht. She has excellent sailing qualities, good range under power, moderate displacement, and draft with ease of handling from her comfortable, sheltered cockpit. Traditional teak interior.
RULING ANGEL is an 80' sailing auxiliary center cockpit cutter. Hull and deck of glass-reinforced core construction. Internal lead ballast, modified fin keel, and Skeg hung rudder. Exterior finish is white Awlgrip, teak decks, and teak oval cap rails and trim are varnished. Center cockpit pedestal hydraulic steering with 47" teak rim Destroyer type wheel.
U-shaped settee to port surrounds a large table and bench settee to starboard with coffee table and two arm chairs. Television is to port and entertainment center to starboard with bar & two stools. Wet bar to starboard aft includes sink bottle storage & U Line icemaker.
Forward of the salon is a U-shaped galley to starboard with a dinette located opposite the galley with pantry alongside. Laundry room is opposite to port with Splendide washer/dryer. Sole is varnished teak replaced in 2004.
- Grunert, AC/DC Refrigerator/freezer
- Gaggenau 110 V stove top Stove/Oven with separate oven/broiler with 4-burners
- Enclosed laundry has Splendide washer/dryer
- Whirlpool Microwave/convection
- Kitchen Aid Dishwasher
- Stainless steel double sink
- Formica countertops
The full beam master stateroom has walk-around queen size berth flanked to starboard by settee and two chests of drawers, entertainment center is forward. Double door hanging locker and ensuite bath with tub are portside. Average headroom is 6'6". The hand worked teak interior, with curves at every intersection, lends a warm traditional feeling.
Guest Stateroom, Port
Located port with queen size berth. Built-in bureau, hanging locker, bath with sink and stall shower. Head is Head Hunter power flush. Individual air conditioning, large mirror, telephone/intercom and port lights.
Guest Stateroom, Starboard
Located starboard with twin size lower berths. Built-in bureau, hanging locker, bath with sink and stall shower. Head is Head Hunter power flush. Individual air conditioning, large mirror, telephone/intercom and port lights.
Two crew cabins both port and starboard. Starboard had double sized berth and port had upper and lower berths. Both have air conditioning, fan, port lights, overhead vent hatch, speakers, 7' headroom, are varnished teak with teak and holly sole and door to head. Head is fitted with stall shower, sink, and Head Hunter power flush head.
Switchboard including 12V, 24V, 110V, and 220V, wiring and lights throughout, batteries and boxes, Mastervolt inverters, Mastervolt battery chargers and Northern Lights generators with aluminum sound boxes all updated to new in 2004.
- Cruisair Air conditioning
- Shore power - (2) 50 amp 240v, outlets port and starboard, shore power Batteries - (12) 6-volt gel cell for 24v to power system hydraulics for winches, anchor, windlass and inverters.
- Battery charging by 24v Lestek 80 amp alternator and 12v Leece Neville 120 amp alternator
- Generators - (2) 20Kw Northern Lights, 1800 rpm, 4872 / 3495 hrs.
- Inverters (2) Mastervolt 24/3000 and 12/2500 - NEW 8/08
- Battery charging by 24v 80 amp Sentry constavolt and 12v 100-amp Sentry constavolt
- Batteries - (8) 6-volt gel cell for 12v house system, (1) 8-D 12v gel cell for main engine and (1) 8-D 12v gel cell for generator starting. (Batt. new in 2005)
Electronics and Navigational Equipment
New equipment installed in 2004: flat screen monitor at bridge console, flat screen monitor at chart table, 2 flat screen TV's, sonar, air horn system, and B&G instruments. New wiring in 2004 for B&G, radar, radio, lights and sat phone.
- Robertson AP300X Autopilot
- (2) ICOM IC M59 and M502VHF radio's
- VHF radio antenna - one at spreader and one masthead
- VHF radio - (2) handheld Raymarine Ray 100 and chargers
- Sonar - Interphase forward looking
- Wind indicator - B&G Hydra digital wind and speed
- GPS/Plotter - (3) Northstar 952X, Furuno GP-500 & Northstar 941X
- HF radio - A Sea 330 marine single side band with antenna tuner
- Depth sounder - B&G Hydra 2000 and analog depth sounder
- Speed log - B&G Hydra 2000 and analog boat speed
- Repeater - B&G Hydra
- Radar - Furuno
- Flat screen TV - Sharp (salon)
- Flat screen TV - Sharp (master stateroom)
- DVD/VHS - Panasonic (salon)
- DVD - Sony (master stateroom)
- Receiver - Sony (salon)
- Receiver - Sharp (master stateroom)
- CD/DVD multi disc player – Sony (salon)
- Speakers in each cabin
- Speakers - Bose in cockpit
- Computer - Flat screen monitor, keyboard and mouse
- Clock and barometer - Weems and Plath (master stateroom)
- Clock and barometer - Chelsea (salon)
- SAT phone - KVH track phone
- Paper charts for all cruising areas
Safety and Fire Protection
- (12) Type 1 Life jackets
- (2) Badger, portable Fire extinguishers
- (4) Halon portable Fire Extinguishers
- (2) Halon automatic Fireboy
(10) Harnesses with strobe lights
- MarQuipt Boarding ladder
- (1) Givens 12-person Life raft
- (2) MOBs with lights on stern rail
- (1) Alden Sat Find 406 EPIRB
- High water bilge alarm
Varnished teak chart table with hinged lid & swivel chair.
Sails, lines, chain locker with access via foredeck hatch.
Spars and Rigging
Spars are aluminum by Hood. Internal furling mast has Hood Yacht System hydraulic furler. Headstay and innerstay sails have Hood Yacht System hydraulic furlers. Standing rigging is Nitronic 50 rod rigging. Stainless steel flat bar chain plates. Hydraulic boom vang and backstay adjuster by Nav Tec. Navtec back stays share the manual hydraulic system with the boom vang. Running rigging is high tech aramid fibers with double braid covers. Mast clearance is 113 ft including antennae. All lights and antennas were replaced new in 2004. Mast painted, rigging inspected 2004.
- Halyard winches - (2) Barient 28+, 2 speed
- Stay sail sheet winches - (2) Barient 736, 2 speed, hydraulic
- Primary winches - (2) Barient system 10ST, 4 speed, hydraulic
- Halyard winches - (2) Barient 32, 2 speed
- Main sheet winch - (1) Barient 736, 4 speed, hydraulic
- Vents - (4) Dorade
- Anchor windlass - (1) Maxwell 3500, hydraulic with two horizontal capstans and chain gypsies
- Hydraulic pump for winches
Sails and Canvas
Main, staysail, Genoa, all replaced new in 2004.
- (1) Furling main, Dacron, 1362 sq ft
- (1) Furling 130% Genoa, Dacron, 1631 sq ft
- (1) Set hard top clear enclosure curtains
- (1) Furling staysail, Dacron, 850 sq ft
- (1) Set, 11 pieces, cockpit cushions, Sunbrella covered open cell foam
- (1) Helm seat
- (1) Windshield screen cover, white
- GROUND TACKLE:
- (1) Stainless steel double bow roller
- (1) 90# high tensile Danforth anchor
- (1) 145# CQR anchor w/350’ of = inch high tensile chain
- (1) 105# CQR anchor w/300’ of 1/2 inch high tensile chain
- (2) 300’ x 1 inch, three strand, nylon rodes
Engine and Mechanical
Access is via aft passageway door. Main engine sits centerline. Generators and saddle tanks are outboard each side. Propulsion engine is a Caterpillar 3208 turbo V-8 rated at 325hp with 1.97:1 reduction gear rebuilt in 2004. Engine is flex mounted. Shafting is 2" stainless steel, one piece, supported by pillow block and strut mounted cutlass rubber bearing. Dripless stuffing box is flex mounted. Dual wet exhausts exit stern via flexible hose cooled by heat exchanger waste water. Engine front mounted hydraulic pump for bow thruster. Engine starting is 12v DC. Dual Racor primary fuel filters and Refine Co by-pass oil filter. Propeller is a Max Prop, three blade.
- 2) Saddle, GRP, approx 400 gallons each, total 800 gallons
- Three tanks, one aluminum, under galley for crew, 125 gallons. Two, GRP, beneath guest berths, approx 300 gallons each, total 725 gallons
- Watermaker - HRO, 52 gph
- One and five eights inch, engine driven bilge pump for emergencies, (1) submersible, centrifugal of 2800 capacity with float switches. Sea Chest supplied by two large seacocks.
- (1) 24v non-submersible bilge pump w/float switch and alarm
- Fishing rod holders
- Stainless BBQ
- Worthington propane tanks
- Dive compressor, 220v
Considered perhaps the finest layout ever in an 80’ cruising auxiliary, RULING ANGEL is a very goods sailing vessel with the ability to motor sail through the lulls. Notably dry at all times within the enclosable cockpit. Handling under sail is made a pleasure with hydraulic winches and hydraulic roller furling sails. In fair weather, sailing with the sheltered cockpit wide open, there is no greater enjoyment. Her combined good looks, wonderful interior and fine performance makes RULING ANGEL an excellent choice for short hand cruising or sailing with a crowed. She also would prove to be a well-received yacht for the charter industry.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Luke Brown Yachts
Flybridge Sport Sedan
Coconut Grove, FL, United States
Boca Raton, FL, United States
Fort Lauderdale, FL, United States
Aventura, FL, United States
Lighthouse Point, FL, United States
Fort Lauderdale, FL, United States