1986 Contest 36S
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Chichester, West Sussex, United Kingdom
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- £ 39,500 Tax Paid (US$ 55,103)
The Contest 36S was designed for serious seagoing, both above and below decks. She is a substantial, aft-cockpit cruising yacht with high topsides and semi-flush decks. There is a large aft-cabin, a good galley and huge chart table. Compared to other cruising yachts of that era they also perform admirably.
SUANLU-TU is a excellent example, she has been in the same family since new and has had many recent upgrades, including all her standing and running rigging. She is well equipped and viewing is highly recommended.
This yacht is offered for sale with Parkstone Bay Yachts. Please arrange all viewings by appointment, and please do not hesitate to contact us for further details..... www.parkstonebayyachts.com | email@example.com | +44 (0)1202 724917
Please contact Jimmy Warington-Smyth at +44 (0)1202 724917
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Beam: 3.55 m
Maximum Draft: 1.90 m
Total Power: 36 HP
Engine Brand: volvo
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 36 HP
- LOA: 10.52 M | 35’10” FT
- LWL: 8.90 M | 29’2” FT
- Beam: 3.55 M | 11’8” FT
- Draft: 1.90 M | 6’3” FT
- Air Draft: 16.05 M | 52’7” FT
- Displacement: 7,250kg
- Ballast: 2,900kg
- Designer: Dick Zaal
- Year Built: 1986
- SLEEPS UP TO EIGHT IN TWO CABINS PLUS SALOON.
- Forward cabin has a 'V' berth, with an infill to make in to a double berth and shelving either side.
- Walk through heads compartment with a manual toilet to starboard, hand basin with pull out shower from hand basin and storage cupboards overhead, teak grating and wardrobes to port.
- Saloon with L-shaped settee to starboard which converts to a double berth, fold out table and storage cupboards. Long settee to port which can be used as occasional single berth with storage overhead.
- U-shaped galley with Plastimo Ocean oven & grill, 2-burner gas hob, 12v fridge, twin sinks and storage cupboards.
- Aft cabin to port with large double berth/pilot berth, storage cupboards, vanity unit with sink and wardrobe.
- Highly polished teak interior with teak and holly cabin sole boards.
- Royal Blue corduroy upholstery.
Engine & Machinery
- VOLVO PENTA MD2003 (36HP).
- Fresh water cooled, 3 cylinder diesel engine.
- Shaft drive to 2-bladed folding propeller.
- Cruising speed: 6 knots approximately.
- Maximum speed: 7.5 knots approximately.
- 150 litre (32 gallon) stainless steel fuel tank.
- Two 12v batteries for domestic and engine starting.
- Batteries charged by engine alternator or 240v system battery charger.
- Shore-power connection and cable.
Positioned in cockpit:
- Compass - serviced 2009.
- Depth Sounder
- Autohelm ST6000 autopilot.
- B&G Triton wind instrument (2015).
Positioned at chart table:
- Garmin 128 GPS.
- Standard Horizon VHF DSC.
- Seafarer 700 depth-sounder.
Deck & General Equipment
Danforth anchor to chain
Two manual bilge pumps
Fenders & warps
Guardwire, pulpit and pushpit
Cutlery, crockery and utensils
Clock & Barometer
Avon 12ft dinghy (1992)
Flares (date of expiry unknown)
Six lifejackets (2012)
Manual & automatic fire extinguishers (one replaced 2012)
Parkstone Bay Yachts provides the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information set out in these particulars, and we do not warrant the condition of the vessel. The particulars are intended as a guide only and do not constitute a term of any contract. A prospective buyer is advised to check the particulars and specifications and where appropriate instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to fully inspect the vessel and/or to have a sea trial of the vessel. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Parkstone Bay Yachts
Plymouth, Devon, United Kingdom