1986 Catalina 34 Tall Rig
- View Full Specifications
Ready to Sail Away!
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- BOSTON, MA
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 37,000
"SHANAGOLDEN" is a well appointed Catalina 34'. With her spacious three cabin layout, she is nicely equipped for comfortable performance cruising. She is a very clean and well maintained yacht. Just bring your seabags, she is ready to go sailing now!
A Frank Butler classic design, the hull of the Catalina 34' offers her owner a very maneuverable yacht under sail or power. She has taut lines, maximum waterline length, and a wide beam ensuring excellent stability. The all lead keel is designed for performance and the highly pronounced forefoot cuts an easy passage through the waves. Control lines are brought back to a battery of stoppers and two self-tailing winches on either side of the companionway.
SHANAGOLDEN has been thoughtfully and well maintained by her talented owners over the past ten years, with many recent upgrades and improvements. She is ready for many more seasons of sailing.
This yacht is well priced and should be seriously considered if you have the Catalina 34' on your short list.
Please contact Marc Winder to schedule an appointment to see this wonderful performance cruising yacht. mobile: 617-750-4128. Office, toll free 877-785-4900.
Please contact Marc Winder at 781-631-4910
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Flag of Registry: United States
Hull Shape: Displacement
LOA: 34 ft 5 in
Beam: 11 ft 9 in
LWL: 29 ft 10 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 7 in
Displacement: 11950 lbs
Ballast: 5000 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 49 ft 7 in
Total Power: 23 HP
Engine Brand: Universal
Year Built: 1986
Engine Model: M-25
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Propeller: 2 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 23 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: 2 Plastic (67 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 1 Aluminum (25 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 1 Plastic (18 Gallons)
Number of single berths: 1
Number of double berths: 3
Number of cabins: 3
Number of heads: 1
Wind speed and direction
Asymmetric spinnaker - With Sock
Electric bilge pump
Manual bilge pump
Shore power inlet
The much preferred three cabin layout is light and roomy for entertaining family and friends, with overnight accommodations for up to seven people; perfect for two couples to cruise with privacy.
- The spacious forward cabin features a large V-berth with a center fill-in cushion to make it a large double birth. There is a hanging locker to starboard and a chest of drawers to port.
- The main cabin features a U-shaped dinette to starboard that converts to a large double berth. Port side features a large settee with storage behind & under. This settee makes up to a comfortable single berth
- Aft of the dinette is the L-shaped galley with double stainless steel sink, a two burner CNG stove with oven. The icebox is quite large with good insulation. There is plenty of counter space for meal preparation as well as storage space for supplies and cooking gear.
- There is a well organized Nav-station just aft of the port settee. This is followed by a large storage locker and shelf just aft of the Nav table.
- Large, private aft cabin with double berth to starboard, with bench seat and storage lockers.
- Head is aft to port. Features include a vanity and manual toilet. There is a pull-out shower wand as well. Black water is piped from the head directly to the holding tank with an electric macerator pump for discharge. There is a deck mounted pump-out fitting.
Standing Rigging, Sails, Running Rigging
- All Standing Rigging replaced by Northeast Rigging in 2014, in excellent condition.
- Chain Plates recently re-bedded in Butyl tape.
- 2003 North Mainsail in very good condition. Reconditioned with Doyle Stack Pack with Lazy Jacks completed in 2012.
- 2003 North 135% roller furling Genoa, in very good condition.
- North Asymetrical .75 oz Spinnaker with dousing sock has seen very little use and is in excellent condition
- All sails are regularly serviced and maintained by Doyle Sails.
- Garhauer Rigid Boom Vang installed in 2014, a significant upgrade over original equipment.
- Furlex Roller Furler at head sail.
- Garhauer Traveler installed in 2011, a significant upgrade over original equipment.
- Two Lewmar Self Tailing primary winches at cockpit coamings.
- Two Lewmar Self Tailing secondary winches at cabin top, either side of the companionway.
- Topping lift replaced in 2014.
- All Sheets and Halyards replaced in 2009.
- All Reefing lines replaced in 2011.
Engine and Drive Train
• Universal M-25 with 23 hp.
• Fuel tank replaced, 25 gallon aluminum, in 2015.
• 1" S/S Propeller shaft, replaced in 2009.
• Cutlass bearing replaced in 2009.
• Engine mounts all replaced in 2009.
• Engine electrical wiring harness replaced in 2012 with upgraded and improved harness over the original design.
• Engine control and gauge panel replaced in 2012.
• Engine heat exchanger and related hoses replaced in 2014.
- Garmin 182 C, Color Map Plotter mounted at the helm.
- Garmin hand held Colorado series GPS Map Plotter
- Ritchie Compass.
- Raymarine Depth Sounder
- Raymarine Speed / log
- Tack Tick wireless Wind Speed /direction, installed in 2011.
- Standard Horizon Quest-X GX-1500 VHF Radio at Nav Station.
- Standard Horizon Remote Access full control mike at the helm.
- Icom M-34 hand held VHF, water proof and it floats!
- AM/FM/CD/MP3 Stereo with both cabin and cockpit speakers
- DC panel with circuit breakers mounted at the Nav Station.
- AC shore power panel with circuit breakers mounted at the Nav Station.
- Two Group 27 Deep Cycle Batteries, installed in 2017.
- Guest 20 ampere, Multi-stage Battery Charger, installed in 2012.
- Shore Power Electrical Cable. AC outlets throughout the cabin interiors.
- Mast wiring replaced in 2014 and new LED mast lights installed in 2014.
- All interior lighting was upgraded to LED in 2013.
- 2-burner CNG stove w/ oven in good working order
- Double SST sink.
- H/C pressure water system.
- Six gallon water heater for both galley and head, replaced in 2009.
- All domestic water hoses to galley and head were replaced in 2009.
- Top loading icebox with good insulation.
- Ample drawer and locker space for dry storage and cooking gear.
Deck, Ground Tackle, Canvas, Cockpit Accessaries
- Light-gray molded non-skid decks in good condition.
- Double bow anchor roller at stem.
- Large anchor locker with locking hatch.
- Double lifelines with opening gates port & starboard.
- Main and secondary Danforth anchors, each with chain and three strand nylon rode.
- Cockpit Table with drink holders mounted at the binnacle guard.
- Transom mounted swim ladder.
- Cockpit cushions with closed cell foam installed in 2011 in excellent condition.
- Magma BBQ grill purchased in 2010 in very good condition.
- Companionway, full canvas dodger by Allerton Harbor Canvas, installed in 2010 in excellent condition
- Doyle Stack Pack, mainsail cover in very good condition.
Safety and Docking Gear
• Life Sling, MOB retrieval system mounted at pushpit.
• Horseshoe type throw ring.
• Five up to date fire extinguishers.
• Eight newer adult life jackets.
• Two newer youth/child life jackets.
• Signal Flares, smoke and 12 gauge meteors, all current.
• Air Horn.
• Radar Reflector.
• Four docking fenders.
• Six newer dock lines.
• New engine exhaust elbow.
• New engine raw water pump.
• New fuel and oil filter replacements.
• New drive belt replacements.
• New impeller replacements for raw water pump.
• Assorted gaskets.
• New thermostat replacement.
• Misc. blocks and rigging items.
• Misc. hosing and clamps.
• Misc. electric repair items, fuses, etc.
• Sail repair tape.
A buyer should anticipate that there may be owner's personal gear onboard at the time of the inspection. Any gear on board that is not specifically listed may or may not be included in the sale. Prospective buyers may inquire about specifics but should assume if an item is not listed then it is likely not to convey with the sale.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Sailboats Northeast
Salem, MA, United States