- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Cataumet, MA
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 75,000
Valkyrie is the last Bristol 40 to come out of the RI Bristol factory, Hull #152. She was custom built to the 1986 owner's specifications, which included many extras not found in most Bristol 40s, such as 4" toerails, larger fixed ports, a Westerbeke W46 diesel engine and a fabricated stainless steel bow plate with anchor roller and chocks.
Hood Stowaway mast furling system for mainsail, Harken furling system for jib, and running rigging accessible from the cockpit, make for comfortable cruising when on the bay or on blue water.
Currently, Valkyrie is on the hard with a new 2016 Miller canvas winter cover, which has a zipper door for access. She can be easily shown over the winter months, so call today and start planning your 2017 boating season.
Please contact Parker's Boat Yard at (508) 563-9366
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 39 ft 8 in
Beam: 10 ft 9 in
LWL: 27 ft 6 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 4 in
Headroom: 6 ft 4 in
Total Power: 42 HP
Engine Brand: Westerbeke
Year Built: 1986
Engine Model: W46
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 2965
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 42 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: 2 Stainless steel (130 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 1 Aluminum (30 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 1 Fiberglass (30 Gallons)
Varnished teak interior with teak and holly sole throughout. A door between the v-berth and main salon and between the v-berth and head provide privacy. Enclosed storage cabinetry behind the salon settees, port and starboard of the v--berth, and the port side of the quarterberth. There are also two hanging lockers to starboard and accessible storage space under the settees.
Pressurized water system provides hot and cold water at the galley sink and the head. Both 12v electrical system and 110 shore power available. Four large fixed ports, six opening ports, two translucent hatches, and two dorade vents keep the cabin light and airy.
Valkyrie can provide sleeping berths for a captain and crew of six:
- Traditional v-berth has a center fill-in cushion to create one large double berth.
- The port salon settee pulls out to a double berth.
- The starboard settee pulls out to create an oversized single berth.
- And a single quarterberth to port.
The L shaped galley includes:
- A stainless steel single sink with hot and cold pressure water and a manual cold fresh water pump.
- A Tasco gimballed 3-burner alcohol stove/oven.
- And a large icebox.
The head includes:
- Vanity with stainless steel sink, storage below and six built-in drawers above.
- Hand held shower head and circular shower curtain rod; separate sump pump, which pumps shower water directly overboard (not into bilge).
- Manual Raritan toilet with access to y-valve and plumbing behind and enclosed storage above.
The large cockpit provides room and comfort while underway and while entertaining at anchor:
- Cockpit seats are almost 7' long with storage below.
- Cockpit cushions (white).
- Stainless steel mainsheet traveler runs above the companionway.
- Edson pedestal steering with emergency tiller. Pedestal includes compass, teak cockpit table and bracket for electronics.
- All halyards and sheetlines are accessible from the cockpit.
- Teak grated cockpit flooring (removable).
Rigging, Sails and Canvas
- Sloop rigged, aluminum painted (Awlgrip) mast with Hood Stowaway system for main. Harken Furling system for headsail.
- New standing rigging (2012)
- One Doyle Stowaway main sail, square weave dacron (2012); maintenance includes yearly inspection and cleaning by sailloft.
- One Doyle 120% Genoa, square weave dacron (2012); maintenance includes yearly inspection and cleaning by sailloft.
- Spinnaker halyard and whisker pole (no spinnaker available).
- Lewmar winches: one primary and one secondary on fiberglass mold with teak top, port and starboard; one on companionway cabintop with two rope clutches; two on mast.
- Canvas dodger (tan) with removable awning that shades the cockpit while at anchor.
- Canvas Miller winter cover (2016).
- Raymarine C90W MFD GPS (2010); Navionic Electronic Charts for Block Island to Nova Scotia (2016)
- Raymarine 4KW Digital Radar (2010)
- Garmin Chart Plotter at helm or nav station
- Raymarine S1 Wheel Pilot Autopilot (2010)
- Vesper Marine Watchmate AIS (2015)
- Raymarine ST60 Wind, Speed and Depth (2006)
- ICOM VHF Radio with remote mic at helm
- Custom removable mounting board fits across companionway for C90W GPS and Watchmate AIS
- Batteries: One AGM Starter Battery (2015)
- Two AGM House Batteries (2011)
- Xantrex Battery Monitor with high output alternator and smart regulator
- Echo Charger for starting battery
- Hurth HBW 150 Transmission rebuild (2016)
- New lifelines (2016)
- Stowaway mainsail furling system service (2016)
- Wheel Autopilot overhaul (2016)
- New Raritan hot water heater (2015)
- Starter Rebuild (2015)
- New LED mast light and running lights (2014)
- New bilge pumps, one electrical and one manual (2013)
- Engine top end rebuild (valves) and new head gasket (2012)
- New VHF Antenna (2012)
- New shaft and cutless bearing (2011)
- Heat exchanger rebuild (2010)
- Powder coat and new lexan for all openning ports (2007)
- Lewmar manual windlass
- Primary anchor and rode: Bruce 35# Anchor with 60' of chain and 200'+ of 3 strand nylon line
- Secondary rode: 20' of chain and 200'+ of 3 strand nylon line
- Storm rode: +/- 300' of 3/4" 3 strand nylon line
- Additional Anchors: Spade Aluminum A100 Anchor and one Danforth Anchor
- Cockpit cushions (white)
- Swim ladder off stern
- Edson single boarding step
- Tethers, jacklines and harnesses
- Clock and barometer in cabin
- Bosun's Chair
- Radar reflector, bell, boat hook and deck brush
- Manual navigation tools
- Lifesling and lifejackets
- Fenders and docklines
- Fender boards (2)
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Parker's Boat Yard, Inc
Cataumet, MA, United States
Cataumet, MA, United States