- View Full Specifications
Price just reduced
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Ft Lauderdale, FL
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 149,000
MIGRATION MUST GO! She has been reduced substantially over the last few months. The owners want her sold. Great Value on a three cabin, three head blue water cruiser- No teak decks!
Migration is a great example of the quality built Tayana 55 cutter. SHE IS ONE OF THE FEW THAT WERE BUILT WITHOUT TEAK DECKS AND CURRENTLY ON THE MARKET. For over three decades the Tayana 55 has been one of the most popular performance cruising designs for offshore cruising and live aboard. They are strong and comfortable, and feature a large center cockpit, integral swim platform, wide uncluttered side deck for easy trips forward and aft sun deck. Deck storage is exceptional with large separated forepeak sail locker and huge aft lazarette. Her interior arrangement includes a large aft master suite, two guest cabins, large salon, navigation center, work room and 3 heads. MIGRATION is an ideal live aboard with spacious accommodations and quality teak joinery. The current owner has enjoyed many summers cruising the Mediterranean but it’s now time to send her on a new adventure with a new buyer.
Please contact George Eberhard at 954-527-0664
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Ta Yang Yacht Building Co.
Designer: Pieter Beeldsnijder
Flag of Registry: United States
LOA: 55 ft 0 in
Beam: 16 ft 1 in
LWL: 45 ft 11 in
Minimum Draft: 6 ft 9 in
Maximum Draft: 6 ft 9 in
Displacement: 50000 lbs
Ballast: 17600 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 75 ft 0 in
Total Power: 130 HP
Engine Brand: Perkins
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 9600
Engine Power: 130 HP
Cruising Speed: 8 knots
Maximum Speed: 10 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: (250 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (125 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (30 Gallons)
Number of single berths: 2
Number of double berths: 2
Number of cabins: 3
Number of heads: 3
Migration’s spacious accommodations feature beautiful teak woodwork with white headliner and classic teak cabin sole with contrasting light inlay. Functional chrome handholds greet you as you descend the companionway into the large midship salon with L shaped settee and varnished drop leaf dining table to port and straight settee to starboard with varnished oval cocktail table.
Aft of the forepeak locker is the port guest cabin with full double and en suite head and shower. To starboard is the guest/crew cabin with upper and lower berths and a settee. Aft of the starboard cabin is the second guest cabin head which is the primary day head. To port, aft of the salon is the Nav center with flush mounted electronics and ship’s electric breaker panel. A short passageway aft of the nav area leads to an outboard work room and second door to the aft head shower and master cabin.
On the starboard aft of the salon is a long passageway galley generous counter space. The full beam master stateroom with walk around centerline queen and settee can be accessed through both the port and starboard passageways. The en suite head features a separate shower. There is excellent storage in all cabins and many handholds for safe passagemaking.
Long, starboard passageway galley with excellent counter space and storage. This style galley is preferred for offshore cruising because of the security provided by inboard and outboard counters.
- Gimbaled propane 3 burner stove
- Double stainless sink and bar sink
- Updated Corian galley counters
- Compact NewAir AI-100S ice maker
- 2 – 12v Danfoss refrigeration independent systems with top access. Both have been very reliable
- PUR 3500 watermaker 12 v
- Compact Wonderwash washing machine
- Mini Countertop spin dryer
- Alpha Spectra autopilot Arm rebuilt
- 2 VHF radios
- ICOM IC 706 SSB
- Yaesu FT 747GX Ham radio
- NavPak Pro chart plotter, C-Map digital charts
- Garmin GPS 45, hand held
- Toshiba satellite laptop computer with software
- Hewlett Packard All-In-One
- Silva Nexus integrated system
- AM/FM tape player, 30 GB iPod, Bose speakers
12 volt DC & 110 v AC electrical system
- 110 v shore power connection sockets
- Powerline 150 amp alternator
- Victorn Centaur 90-230v 60 amp, 2010
Batteries, new 2014:
- Windlass/Bow Thruster: 3-80A sealed
- Starter – High Crank 100 A sealed
Alternative 12 v power sources:
- 1 - 100W, 5 - 80 W solar panels
- Kiss wind generator
- Motorola shaft generator
- Victron Energy Phoenix 1600 VA, 12V/220V inverter
- Chicago Electric 2000W/4000 Peak (2010) inverter
- European 220v to 110v step down transformer, includes 220v outlet
- Minwa 220v to 110v 500W back up transformer
Excellent machinery space under the cockpit with 360 degree access through multiple doors. There is also a separate work room across the port passageway adjacent to the port side of the engine.
- Perkins 6-3544 130 hp fresh water cooled diesel 9,600 hours
- Sound insulation
- Space for generator installation
- Work room (port side amidship)
- Bronze seacocks and hull fittings all fully bonded.
- Hot & cold pressure water system with 12v pump
- Water heater operates 110/220 v AC or engine heat exchanger
GRP hull, laminated with hand lay-up. Foam filled longitudinals, frames and deck stiffeners. GRP rudder with stainless steel rudder stock protected buy a full length integral skeg. Modern shoal keel with moderate draft.
- Regelcoated 2004 vs painted
- Gebo port windows all around hull (2006)
- New fiberglass rubrail in 2004
Deck construction is fiberglass sandwich. Seven opening Lewmar hatches. Aluminum toerail.. Sugar scoop swim platform with swim ladder. The large forepeak sail locker with generous storage and divided anchor locker is accessed through a large deck hatch.
- Nilsson vertical 3000 lb anchor windlass, rebuilt
- 75 lb CQR and 60 lb CQR
- Main anchor rode - 320' 3/8" high tensile chain
- 2nd anchor rode - 35' 3/8" high tensile chain with 200'+ 3/4" nylon
- 35 lb high tensile Danforth
- Secondary 35 lb Fisherman anchor
- QL Volvo Penta bow thruster, BP900 5 kW 12V (2006)
- Stainless steel bow pulpit and stern push pit with double lifelines
- Side deck boarding gates
- Sailormat windvane steering
- Swimming ladder at swim platform
- Custom passerelle
- Collapsible bicycle
- Force 5 barbecue
Mast & Rigging
- Selden mast, with 3 spreaders
- Stainless steel 1 x 19 standing rigging with Norseman terminals. (Rerigged 1997)
- Hood genoa roller furler
- Aluminum sheet tracks & cars.
- Lights: Tricolor, strobe, deck running, foredeck, anchor, steaming
All original, recently serviced and in good condition.
- Full batten main (1998)
- 130% furling genoa
- Working jib
- Cruising staysail
- Storm staysail
- Storm trysail (separate track)
- 2 # 65 AST primary sheet
- 2 # 48 AST secondary sheet
- 1 # 46 AST main sheet
- 3 #43 AST mast halyards
- 1 # 30 AST
- Dodger and bimini are on sturdy 1" steel frames.
- Avon 6 person, double bottom liferaft
- Emergency tiller
- PUR PowerSurvivor 35 watermaker (manual)
Migration is one of the best examples of the very successful Tayana 55 design that has been so popular with long distance cruising sailors and liveaboards. She offers a very desirable interior arrangement with 3 staterooms and 3 heads. The master and VIP heads are en suite. She also has a separate work room, two passageways to access the spacious aft master cabin, and large forepeak and lazarette storage lockers.
The current owner has done an excellent job equipping Migration for comfort and to be a self sufficient liveaboard without requiring high demand for AC power. The use of solar panels and wind generator, efficient refrigeration and proper battery arrangement has been a very desirable way to cruise without the noise, fuel expense and maintenance of a diesel generator.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from David Walters Yachts
Fort Lauderdale, FL, United States
62 Deck Salon
Fort Lauderdale, FL, United States
Palm Beach, FL, United States
Unknown, FL, United States
Fort Lauderdale, FL, United States
CE Queen Cutter
Miami, FL, United States