1985 Ta Shing Panda 40
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Located In:
- Seattle, WA
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 129,000
Boat Show Special - Price dropped to $129k!! This may be the deal you've been waiting for!
The Panda 40 is the upgraded version of the Baba 40, and one great boat, don't miss out on this one!
Thoughtfully prepared, conservatively sailed, and carefully shipped back from Mexico, s/v Grace is a special Panda 40! Designed by Robert Perry, and built by the famous Ta Shing yard, the Baba, Panda, and Tashiba 40's are well built, popular offshore cruisers. They certainly don't make boats like this anymore. This is the newest and best equipped Panda 40 on the market. Few 40' offshore boats are as prepared to sail away this week. If you've been updating your boat and watching another season go by, maybe you should be sailing Grace.
With one of the nicest warm teak interiors, Grace is an excellent live-aboard, offshore, or cruising to Alaska. Note the cruiser cushion covers, which protect the dark green salon cushions. The salon is open, with plenty of light from the butterfly hatch, 9 opening port-lights, and overhead lamps, most with led lights. The comfortable v-berth lifts for access to storage below. The head, with shower, is clean & bright, without being dark like some. There is generous storage everywhere, and a sit down aft-facing nav-station on port. You can see the helm for real communications, and you won't have to yell over the quiet Volvo engine. The elegant salon table is comfortable for six, and the settee serves as a secure sea-bunk. The galley is welcoming and efficient, enabling two people to work together, yet secure in a seaway. The cook is protected by a SS bar from the stove, a offshore detail not found on many production boats. There is a enclosed aft cabin, a cruiser garage, with the charger and battery watering system under the bunk. The powerful Volvo 4Cyl. 62HP Diesel Engine is quiet and efficient, burning only .5 gal/hour at 1800 rpm!
From the bowsprit to the cockpit, the teak decks are clean, and tow-rails varnished. The full cockpit enclosure supports solar panels, in addition to the side panels on SS rails from the arch to the gate. Even the engine panel is protected and high, out of the water.
If you're looking for a strong, comfortable offshore, year 'round boat, click full specs for details and give us a call to see her soon.
Please call Lee Youngblood in Seattle at 425-444-9109 for more info. and set up an appointment to see s/v Grace, soon - Thanks!
Please contact Lee Youngblood at 360-299-2526
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Ta Shing Panda 40 s/v Grace 1985
At Shilshole Bay Marina - Seattle, WA 98117
Designer: Robert Perry Builder: Ta Shing
* LOA: 46'' * LWL: 34' 6"
* Beam: 12' * Draft: 6'
* Displacement: 29,000 lbs. * Ballast: 12,000 lbs.
* Sail Area: Main, 340.40 sq.ft. * Genoa, 525 sq.ft.
* SA/Disp: 14.62 * Bal/Disp: 41.38
Sails and Rigging Notes
* Full Battened UK Halsey Main Sail (Very Nice)
* 110% UK Halsey Jib (Nice) w/ Furlex furling system
* UK Halsey Staysail + Storm Staysail too!
* Lewmar 30 Halyard Winches (2)
* Lewmar 55 Sheet Winches (2)
* Lewmar 30 Trim and Staysail Sheet Winches (2 self tailing)
* Garhauer triple block preventer/ mainsheet control
* Single-spreader, Aluminum Mast, w/ Strong track
* Mast-Mounted Spinnaker Pole
* S.S. Standing Rigging replaced in 2008
Mechanical | Engine Equipment
* Volvo 4Cyl. 62HP Diesel | 2965 hours
* Cruises at 5kts @ 1800rpm using .5 gal/hr
* Metered Engine Panel - not idiot lights!
* Racor 5000 fuel filter/water separator Polisher
* Bronze Groco Sea Strainer
* 4 gal) Isotemp Hot-water Heater
* Foredeck Anchor Wash-down System
Electrical | Electronics | Instruments
* 12VDC battery bank: 6) 6volt Trojan T105s - 640AmpHrs
* 12VDC Starter Battery | Xantex Monitor | Watering System
* Magma Sine Battery Charger/Inverter w/ remote
* Blue Sea Electrical Panels w/ Magnum battery combiner
* Aqua-Generator 6hp Kubota Diesel w/ 210Amp Balmar
* 4) Kyocera 135W Panels w/ 45Amp MPPT Voltage Regulator
* Village Marine 8gph Watermaker (2009)
* Icom M802 SSB Radio w/ Pactor USB Modem
* Standard Horizon VHF Radio Matrix w/AIS
* Raymarine C80 Radar
* Raymarine Speed/Depth Instrument
* Raymarine WindSpeed/Direction
* Raymarine EVOAutopilot
* Alpine Stereo, AM/FM/CD, bluetooth, usb
with Cockpit Speakers
Galley | Interior Notes
* 4-Burner Force Ten Stove w/oven
* Large insulated top/side-loading Ice Box
* Stainless-steel double sink
* Hot n cold Pressure water, foot pump
* Galley and LED cabin lights, 3 red for nite use
* 5) Camfrano 12V Fans / Passage cushion covers-light green
* Great V-berth Storage System w/ lift
Hull | Deck | Safety Gear
* Spade Anchor #5106 77Lbs.w/ 300' Acco BBB
* Fortress Anchor (#23) w/ chain & 300' rode
* Muir 1200w Windlass w/handheld remote
* Hard-top WaveStopper Dodger
* Breezy Bimini, Enclosure and Main-sail cover
* Danforth 6" Compass on SS Pedestal
* Zintrex Propane/Fume solenoid control
* TriLobe Radar Reflector
* Cabin-top tie-down system for dingy
* Covers for Butterfly and Forward Hatches
* Bilge Pumps- electric and manual
* Lifesling, Engine life for retrieval, Emergency Tiller
* SS. Bow Pulpit & Stern Push-pit extended to gate
* SS. Stanchions with lifelines / Boarding Ladder
* Fenders, Dock Lines, Jacklines
* Bell, Horn, Acer GlobalFix Epirb
* 110 gal. Fuel - SS
* 120 gal. Water - 2) SS
* 20 gal. Plastic
* Carribe Dinghy w/ Davits and Cover
* Yamaha 15HP OB, plus Evinrude 2Hp
* Bottom Paint 7/2015 Comex Ablative
* Full Boat Cover
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.