- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Wakefield, RI
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 70,000
AGGIE is one of the popular and sought after cutter rigged, center cockpit versions of the Pearson Yachts 419-424 hull form. Cruisers and liveaboards alike are attracted to the 422 due to her classic and timeless appearance combined with a surprisingly modern and functional interior layout featurping two private staterooms, each with their own head and shower. Only 39 Pearson 422’s were built so they always attract attention…
AGGIE has been outfitted and updated nicely including stainless dinghy davits, in-mast furling system, Raymarine electronics and more.
She’s the perfect platform for a live-aboard with the capabilities of roaming far and wide to explore the world or simply the coast…and priced right to make it a reality!
Winter storage and spring launch have been paid - come take a look!
Please Contact Listing Broker Joe Nadeau 401-846-8484 email@example.com
Contact listing broker Joe Nadeau
Please contact Joe Nadeau at 401-846-8484
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 42 ft 0 in
Beam: 13 ft 0 in
LWL: 33 ft 8 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 3 in
Displacement: 22000 lbs
Ballast: 7634 lbs
Total Power: 62 HP
Engine Brand: Westerbeke
Year Built: 1985
Engine Model: W58
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 3200
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 62 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (160 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (80 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (28 Gallons)
The center cockpit layout provides great privacy below with roomy staterooms fore and aft. This entire interior is finished in varnished teak with a teak and holly sole throughout. Fully air-conditioned and heated, the interior really feels like home.
The forward cabin has a large V-berth with two large storage drawers under the berth, four smaller drawers in the port side bureau, locker above the bureau, and a double hanging locker. Ventilation is provided by two opening ports and a large overhead hatch.
A private head with shower is aft and to port of the forward cabin. The head has two entrances for privacy – one from the forward cabin and one from the salon for use as a day head. The head features a shower, large wall mirror, vanity with sink and a Jabsco manual toilet.
The spacious main salon features a starboard settee that converts to an oversized single berth, while the port side settee converts to a double berth. The centerline solid teak double drop-leaf table seats six people comfortably. Storage in the main salon is provided in six closed lockers and two open book shelves above the settees, two drawers forward, bins behind the settee back cushions, and two compartments in the dining table.
The U-shaped galley is aft to starboard of the main salon and features deep, double stainless steel sinks with storage lockers under the sinks and under the countertop. Dishes are stored in a specially designed sliding door cabinet above the Hillerrange 3-burner propane stove and Sea-Frost fridge/freezer. There is space for a microwave with built-in power outlet. The galley is convenient for passing food and beverages to the cockpit while being off to the side and out of traffic flow. The galley is well ventilated with 2 opening ports and an opening hatch.
Opposite the galley is the navigation station with full sized opening nav table, built in seating, VHF, Stereo, and space to mount other electronics. Behind the nav station is a hallway that contains a large double door storage cabinet with counter top work surface. Above and behind this area are three closed storage lockers. Ventilation in the main cabin/galley area is provided by one regular port, six large ports, and three hatches.
The owner's stateroom in this vessel really sets it apart and explains the 422 Center Cockpit’s appeal. A raised centerline queen sized (6’6” x 4’2”) berth that can be easily and fully accessed from three sides. Storage abounds with a double cedar lined hanging locker, three clothing lockers, and four drawers. Ventilation is superb with four opening ports, including two transom mounted, and a large overhead hatch.
The roomy aft head features a separate stall shower with 6’6” headroom with seat, clothes hamper, vanity with stainless sink, and a manual Raritan toilet.
Sails & Rigging
- UK Sailmakers main sail – designed for in-mast roller furling
- UK Sailmakers 140% roller furling genoa – 140%
- Yankee – 85% (for cutter rigging using detachable inner forestay)
- Symmetrical spinnaker
- Selden in mast main sail furling
- Hood Sea Furl roller furling
- Selden boom vang
- Whisker pole
- Lewmar #16, 2-speed halyard winches
- Lewmar #48, 2-speed primary winches (self tailing)
- Lewmar #40, 2-speed sheet winches (self tailing)
- Raymarine C80 8” color GPS/Chartplotter/Radar mounted at helm
- Standard Horizon Eclipse VHF radio
- Raymarine radome and TV antenna mounted on transom pole
- Autohelm 7000 Autopilot mounted at helm
- Datamarine Wind, Depth, Speed, & Distance instruments mounted at helm
- Ritchie pedestal mounted compass
- Jensen MDC 964W – AM/FM & CH600U 6CD changer
- CD Player – JENSEN CH6OOU – 6 CD Changer
Electrical & Mechanical Equipment:
- Marinco stainless shore power inlet
- Shore power cord – 30A x 25’
- Xantrex – 2000 watt Inverter
- Xantrex – 100 amp / 3-stage battery charger
- West Marine battery combiner
- Starting battery: (1) group 24M
- House batteries: (2) Group 31
- Heart battery monitor
- Balmar battery regulator
- LUNAIR Air conditioning – 16,000 BTU reverse cycle
- Edson steering pedestal
- Shur-Flo 2.8 gpm pressure water pump with accumulator tank
- Shur-Flo 2.6 gpm sump pump
- Shur-Flo 3.2 gpm washdown pump
- Water Heater – 6 gallon with engine heat exchanger
- Macerator pump and filters 2014
- Aft head holding tank and hoses replaced 2013
- Forward holding tank replaced 2008
- Forward head hoses replaced 2014
- Bottom soda blasted and new barrier coating applied – 2007
- Emergency tiller
- Cockpit cushions
- Dodger with side curtains
- Bimini with connector piece and side curtains
- Canvas helm cover
- Coast Guard package including (6) type II PFDs, (3) portable fire extinguishers, flares, air horn
- Lifesling throwable lifering with strobe
- Fireboy fire halon fire extinguisher system
- Transom mounted stainless dinghy davits
- Transom mounted stainless outboard hoist
- (1) WHALE manual bilge pump in cockpit
- (1) Crash pump located under navigation station seating
- Lofrans electric anchor windlass
- Bruce 30 kg anchor
- Chain rode – 3/8” x 200’
- Nylon anchor rode – 5/8” x 150’
If you're in the market for a quality built cruiser at the right price then you should consider AGGIE. For those who haven't considered the center cockpit design, take a look and you'll be shocked at the living spaces this design allows.
AGGIE is fully equipped and ready for your adventure - she's deserving of your attention!
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from PETZOLD'S MARINE CENTER
48 Salon Express
Wickford, RI, United States
Portsmouth, RI, United States
42 Sport Coupe
Wakefield, RI, United States
280CC Center Console
Wakefield, RI, United States
245CC Center Console
WAKEFIELD, RI, United States
Wakefield, RI, United States