- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Norwalk, CT
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 42,500
The EMILY, a classic "Downeast" style yacht, was produced by the renowned JC BOATS of Nashua, NH in 1985. Powered by a preferred CATERPILLAR 3208T 355 HP diesel, she is provided with a 14-knot cruise and with the great fuel economy that this hull & engine combination provides and especially under 10 knots. The tried & true Downeast hull configuration certainly allows for safe & comfortable operations in "troubled waters" as well!
The EMILY has a versatile cruising interior that features a full-sized berth in the Fore Cabin, a "over & under" twin berth arrangement for the Guest Cabin and a custom settee installation for the Salon. She also has a fully-enclosed Flybridge setup for good all-weather operations and visibility. and a custom awning installation for the entire cockpit area too.
The EMILY spent her first 18 years as a local yacht club committee boat and the present Owner purchased some 13 years ago. On this Owners watch, major maintenance work has been accomplished with both fuel tanks being replaced, The cockpit & decks were all painted and a full "bottom job" was done in 2013 as well. The Listing will indicate other enhancements and equipage as to include the EMILY's canvas & Eisenglass sections are all relatively new and the CATERPILLAR 3208T has received regular, professional maintenance to keep it in good operating order.
The EMILY is offered for brokerage sale as her Owner is looking to acquire a larger Downeast-style yacht for more extended cruising. For those in the market for such a capable & versatile cruising yacht with classic lines & hull shape, appointments to inspect the EMILY are encouraged.
For information regarding the EMILY, please contact the Listing Broker, Randy Altemus, at cell "203-512-0847" or email "raltemus(at)breweryacht.com".
Please contact Randy Altemus at 203-512-0847
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 35 ft 0 in
Beam: 12 ft 0 in
LWL: 33 ft 2 in
Maximum Draft: 3 ft 6 in
Displacement: 14000 lbs
Headroom: 6 ft 4 in
Total Power: 355 HP
Engine Brand: CATERPILLAR
Year Built: 1985
Engine Model: 3208TA
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 3442
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 355 HP
Cruising Speed: 14 knots
Maximum Speed: 17 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: 1 Plastic (50 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 2 Aluminum (210 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 1 Plastic (20 Gallons)
Number of single berths: 2
Number of double berths: 1
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 1
Electrical Circuit: 12V
Hull, Deck & Flybridge
The EMILY's topsides are finished with a medium Blue AWLGRIP. The boot-top is White and the bottom has a Green anti-fouling paint finish.
She had a full "bottom job" in which the bottom was completely stripped & faired & epoxy barrier-coated in 2013.
- Transom door
- Stern swim platform, teak (new / replaced, 2013)
The exterior finish for the deck & cockpit & superstructure is a White paint finish (2006)
The non-skid sections of the decks are all painted with an Off-White contrasting non-skid finish (2010).
in 2013, a large section of the cockpit area was cut out to accommodate the removal of the old compromised fuel tanks and the installation of the new custom replacement units. The non-skid area is painted with a Light Gray non-skid finish. At this time, the entire cockpit area was essentially "rebuilt and re-glassed" and the original marine ply core sections were "doubled" to a 1-1/2" thickness.
- Bow rail, aluminum
- (4) Rod holders
- Fiberglass storage box with custom teak lid
- Bait / Tackle Station (note: located port aft & under the FB Ladder)
- Flybridge access ladder, aluminum with teak steps
- (2) Grab Rails, teak, mounted on Foredeck
- BOMAR hatch, opening (note: located on Foredeck)
- (2) BOMAR watertight access hatches (note: in cockpit)
- (2) BOMAR watertight access ports (note: in cockpit to access fuel tank sender units)
There is a single Helm Station chair to starboard and a Settee area to port. The large FB area can accommodate deck chairs.
The Flybridge has a "Half-Tower" aluminum structure with a "soft top" SUNBRELLA Canvas cover. The HT was cut down from the original Tuna Tower that served as an elevated observation post from the EMILY's first 15 years of service as a Yacht Club Race Committee boat.
- Electronics storage console. overhead
- Rod storage rack
- (4) Rocket launchers
The EMILY's interior is finished with White painted surfaces and with varnish teak interior cabinetry & trim work (note: varnish work in-progress for interior trim).
The EMILY has an interior layout as follows: Salon with a custom settee & storage locker to port & a full length Galley & counter-top to starboard. Proceeding forward, the Guest Cabin is to port and the Head is opposite with a Hanging Locker just forward to starboard, The Fore Cabin has a double berth offset to starboard and with another locker to port & aft.
- Settee Berth with storage (custom build & installation, port side opposite the Galley)
- Interior fabric. Dark Blue for the Settee, Guest Cabin berths and Fore Cabin berths (new, 2015)
- Interior curtains, Off-White (new, 2015)
- Privacy curtains for Guest Cabin & Fore Cabin, Off-White (new, 2015)
- Curtain for Hanging Locker, Off-White (new, 2015)
- Teak & Holly cabin sole (note: refinished & revarnished, 2013)
- (4) Large portlights / windows in Salon, sliding w/ screens
- (2) Large fixed portlights in Salon aft
- Sliding Salon entry door
The Galley is located in the Main Salon, starboard side.
- Pressure hot & cold water service
- Single sink, stainless steel
- NORCOLD refrigeration, dual voltage (12 VDC / 110 VAC (now in process of being replaced, 2017)
- SEAWARD Princess stove, (2) burner flush-mounted, propane
- FORMICA counter-tops, white
The EMILY has a fully-enclosed Head located to starboard & forward of the Salon.
- Manual Head w/ "Y" valve & holding tank
- Macerator pump (new, 2015)
- Hot & cold pressure water service with washbasin & hand-held shower unit
The EMILY has a 1985 CATERPILLAR 3208T FWC marine diesel that is rated at 355 HP. There are approximately 3442 engine hours logged.
The Owner's Maintenance Protocol provides for (2) engine oil changes per Season.
- Engine wiring harness (new, 2010)
- Engine hoses (new, 2015) to include the exhaust hoses (note: the air cleaner hoses are pre-date this work)
- (2) Fuel tanks, (2) aluminum w/ total (210) US Gallons @ (105) US Gallons each (note: replaced with new & upgraded capacity custom tanks in 2013)
- Trim tabs, hydraulic
- FIREBOY Halon Fire Suppression System
The electronics for the EMILY are located on the Flybridge at the Helm Station. The is an overhead Console that is lockable for the VHF & GPS units, The Radar is located to port of the Helm itself and it a custom recessed locker. .
- VHF, STANDARD Horizon Explorer
- GPS, GARMIN GPSmap 188C Sounder
- Radar, FURUNO
- Compass, DANFORTH Globemaster (note: mounted forward of Helm Station)
- AM / FM Stereo, SONY with (2) KENMORE speakers on FB & (2) speakers in the Salon
- CLARION Sirius w/ control in Salon
The EMILY is equipped with 12 VDC Ship's Service and 115 VAC Shore power systems
- Battery charger (new, 2015)
- (3) Batteries, 12VDC & 1000 AH total capacity (approx); (2) Ship's Service & (1) Engine Start
- HEART Interface Link 20
- Pressure hot & cold water w/ service at Galley & Head w/ tank capacity (30) US Gallons
- Pressure dock water hook-up (note: spigot inlet in cockpit, port side forward)
- Hot water heater (new, 2016)
- Cockpit washdown, tank capacity (30) US Gallons (note: spigot outlet @ cockpit, starboard side forward)
- (2) Dome lights, overhead
- (4) Cabin berrth reading lights, brass-finished
- (4) Interior lights, bulkhead-mounted
- Courtesy lights
- Navigation lights
- (2) Cockpit spot lights (note: mounted on FB enclosure structure)
- DANFORTH 22-S Anchor w/ rode (note: mounted on Foredeck)
Canvas (SUNBRELLA Light Beige / Tan)
- The EMILY has a complete Flybridge Enclosure and a custom Awning for the aft deck / cockpit area. All canvas to include the Eisenglass are in very good condition.
- Flybridge enclosure (note: Eisenglass panels new, 2012)
- Awning for aft deck (new, 2015)
- Custom entry way sliding door cover w/ integral screen
- (2) Cockpit chairs, folding
- Dock lines & fenders
- USCG Gear (including PFD's)
- Lifering, horseshoe "U" shaped, throwable (note: installed on FB)
- (3) Fire extinguishers
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.