- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Shelter Island, NY
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 200,000
ENTERPRISE is a Mark III Bermuda 40 with removable inner forestay built in 1985, making it one of the latest boats available. A number of custom options were added including a wood burning fireplace, Espar diesel heating system, custom cabinetry, and some new 2009 sails. New Stars & Stripes Blue Awlgripped topsides 2011.
ENTERPRISE is a true classic sloop. We strongly encourage you to look at this MK III.
Specializing in Used Hinckley Boat Sales for over 33 years, please call me, BOB POOLER (Brokerage Manager): 207-244-5531 or E-mail: email@example.com for more information on the used Hinckley power or sailboat market.
HINCKLEY BROKERAGE OFFICES:
- SOUTHWEST HARBOR-ME:
- Broker: Bob Pooler Cell: 207-460-7589 or firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 207-244-5531
- Broker: Wythe Ingebritson Cell: 207-664-8111 or email@example.com Office: 207-244-5531
- PORTSMOUTH, RI:
- Broker: Joe Dwyer Cell: 401-578-2919 or firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 401-683-7005
- ANNAPOLIS, MD:
- Broker: Jack Erbes Cell: 401-418-2188 or email@example.com Office: 410-263-0095
- Broker: Tripper Vincent Cell: 561-262-3900 or firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 772-403-5387
- Broker: Whitney Brackin Cell: 205-389-0944 or email@example.com Office: 239-261-2879
- HARBOR SPRINGS-MI:
- Broker: Marty Letts Cell: 231-330-3680 or firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 231-526-4378
Please contact Bob Pooler at 207-244-5531
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Designer: Bill Tripp
LOA: 40 ft 9 in
Beam: 11 ft 9 in
LWL: 28 ft 10 in
Minimum Draft: 4 ft 6 in
Maximum Draft: 8 ft 9 in
Displacement: 20000 lbs
Ballast: 6500 lbs
Total Power: 40 HP
Engine Brand: 1985 Westerbeke
Engine Model: 4-108 FWC diesel
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Drive Type: Stern drive
Engine Power: 40 HP
Cruising Speed: 6 mph
Maximum Speed: 7 mph
Fresh Water Tanks: (110 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (48 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (9 Gallons)
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 1
Total Liferaft Capacity: 4
HULL and DECK
- Stars & Stripes Blue awlgrip topsides (2011)
- White gelcoat house and deck with Light Gray nonskid molded in
- Gold Cove stripe (2011)
- White Awlgrip Boot (2011
- Black Bottom (2011)
- Varnished teak exterior trim (Stripped with 10 coats Epiphanes Varnish - 2003) (cockpit comings in progress)
Solid fiberglass hull, reinforced with additional laminations in all stress areas. Balsa cored deck is set in a 6" flange which is molded into the hull, fiberglassed and bolted to form a permanent hull/deck joint. Nonskid pattern is molded into the deck.
Bottom blister repair (2001) - Full peel and Epoxy, done by Norsmann Ship Yard, Miami.
External lead keel is fastened with stainless steel bolts, and the bronze centerboard is operated by an electric worm gear.
- Custom stainless steel Hinckley stem head with anchor roller.
- Custom Hinckley stanchions with double lifelines & double gates.
- Double aft deck storage boxes, one with twin aluminum propane tanks.
- Larger lazarette storage box aft of double boxes.
- Storage for screened hatch slides.
- Double dorade boxes forward with storage compartment in the middle.
- (2) Chrome dorades
- (4) Large bow and stern cleats.
- Custom stern pulpit with triple chock bases.
- Stainless steel springline chocks amidship
Ground Tackle Equipment:
- Nilsson electric windlass
- CQR 45# anchor in HRH bow roller with 200’ nylon rode with chain
- Life ring with stainless steel life ring bracket.
- Life-Sling in soft box attached to stern pulpit
- (5) New England Docklines (New 2002)
- (6) Fenders: 1-Extra large, 3- Medium (with Blue covers), 2- Small
- (2) Teak and screened weatherboards
- (2) Teak weatherboards for companionway
- Outboard engine bracket
- (2) Offshore safety eyes
- (2) Man overboard lights
- Screens for hatches
- Handrail covers
- Hatch covers
- Saltwater deck/anchor wash.
- Viking 4-man life raft in valise (New 2002).
- Dinghy - 9 ft. roll-up Boat US with removable floor and 5-hp Nissan outboard (Both new-2002).
- White Cockpit Dodger (New 2002) - with grab rail on aft bow.
- (4) White closed-cell cockpit cushions.
- (2) Blue closed-cell cockpit pillows.
- Foot light in cockpit.
- Cockpit Features include:
- Wheel steering
- Varnished teak high coaming offers comfortable seating.
- Spacious cockpit has a bridge deck and two large seat lockers. The seat locker hatches are fiberglass with rubber gaskets with drains and special locks that then secure below.
- A complete engine instrument panel is recessed into the forward end of the well.
- A recessed switch panel is located by the helmsman’s station.
- The screened scuppers are located at the forward end of the cockpit well.
- Seat scuppers eliminate trapped water while heeling.
- (4) Cockpit coaming storage winch pockets with rubber grates
- 110-volt outlet
- Robertson AP300X Autopilot
- Furuno 16 mile Radar mounted on spreaders with a Edson bracket (2002).
- Northstar 800 Loran C
- Sea 222 SSB Radio
- Raytheon Ray 78 VHF Radio
- Ritchie 6” Compass - in stainless steel binnacle cover.
- International Datamarine Depth sounder.
- Northstar Europa GPS - mounted on swing arm for easy viewing from helm.
Cockpit Datamarine Corinthian series displays:
- Wind Speed and Direction
- Depth Sounder
- On-course indicator
ENTERPRISE sleeps 6 owners and guests in 2 staterooms.
- Varnished American White Ash interior with varnished teak and holly sole.
- Sole was removed and refinished with 10 coats spar poly-urethane in 2002.
- Teak grating at base of companionway with lift-out dust pan under.
- Clock and barometer
- Custom blue stained glass doors to liquor cabinet.
- Excellent storage including 15-drawers of different sizes and 11-drop panels to access lockers.
- Lockers have louvered doors or ventilation slots.
- Paul Luke soapstone/brass wood fireplace with drawer under in Main Salon.
- Espar diesel heater with Honeywell control.
- (3) Hella fans
Aft, one of the special features of the Bermuda 40 design is the large Cockpit with high teak coamings for comfortable seating.
- Large V-berth forward with 6 inch mattress.
- V-berth has seat between.
- Cushions are covered with custom quilted mattress covers with matching pillow shams.
- There is drop front and drawer storage under the berths.
- Bookshelf outboard over berth - port and starboard.
- Large hanging locker to starboard.
- 4-drawer Bureau with full shelf to port with additional storage access behind drawers.
- Hella fan
- (2) Chrome reading lights
- Heating vent
- Opening hatch with screen.
This cabin is separated from the rest of the accommodations by a solid door with full-length mirror. Forward are louvered doors to the forepeak chain locker/storage area.
The Head is located to port, forward of the main bulkhead.
- Baby Blue Formica bulkheads
- White formica vanity with china sink and fixtures including handheld-style shower(2002).
- Hot and cold pressure water.
- Wilcox Skipper II marine toilet (rebuilt 2002) and 9-gallon holding tank added with Y-valve for separate pump-out. Complies with Federal Code of Regulations for inland and coastwise usage.
- Storage under the vanity.
- Medicine cabinet
The Main Salon is open and airy including ports with curtains, (2) Hella fans and an opening hatch with screen.
Centerline double-leaf varnished Ash dining table has access to the centerboard lift via the lift-out panel.
- Pilot berths (with lee cloths) port and starboard over outboard settees.
- (2) Bookshelves over each settee.
- (4) Reading lights.
- Luke soapstone heating stove is mounted on the forward bulkhead to port.
- Custom bureau with liquor storage is behind the leaded doors above.
- Deck prism is over the liquor locker.
GALLEY AND NAV STATION
The Galley offers plenty of counter work space with White formica countertops. Various cookware and dishes will convey.
Port of the companionway:
- Shipmate stainless steel 3-burner stove with oven and oven cover that slides behind stove and Marinetics stove solenoid fuel shut-off valve
- Stainless steel large sink with fixtures, hand pump, and separate pull-out sprayer.
- Pantry storage (with removable bottom panel for full access to boat systems)
- Cabinet storage and plenty of counter space
- Extra Large two-shelf stainless-lined ice box with teak grate and counter top access.
- Complete built in dish and glass storage rack outboard.
Nav Station: (Galley starboard)
- Refrigerator countertop doubles as Nav table.
- Easy access drop down chart locker is above dish storage.
- Electronics are flush mounted and outboard.
- Teak binocular box is located just to starboard of the companionway.
SAILS & RIGGING
HRH fabricated aluminum mast and boom. The boom is extra long with sheeting at the helm to allow ‘single handed’ sailing.
ENTERPRISE has a custom cutter rig.
- Removable inner forestay and staysail with stainless steel 1 x 19 wire standing rigging to swaged terminals and HRH rod lug tensioners
- MPS and spare genoa halyard.
- Two inboard genoa tracks, two inboard staysail tracks. Bale at base of mast to hold halyards; storm trysail track.
- Removable staysail stay with special attachment and storage fittings
- Whisker pole in deck chocks
- (3) Halyard stoppers
- Mainsheet traveler
- Harken II jib and genoa furling.
Fall 2002: Mast was un-stepped and full survey completed of standing and running rigging by Lock Wood Boat Works in South Amboy, NJ. Everything was then replaced new where noted.
- Barient #28 ST Primary winches
- Barient #23 ST Secondary winches
- Barient #23 STC Main Halyard winch
- (2) Barient #24 Genoa/MPS halyard winches with gates
- Main sail - 2009 Hood Vektron - full batten (4) with up-graded battan cars and 2 reef points.
- 130% Genoa - 2009 Hood Vektron - with 2 reef points.
- Main sail, fully-battened 7.7 oz with 2 reefs - Doyle
- Main sail, 7.7 oz with 2 reefs - Hood
- 150% Genoa - North
- 105% Genoa - North
- MPS sail 1.5 oz - Hood
- Staysail – Hood
- White mainsail cover (2002)
12-Volt DC electrical system:
Separate 12-volt systems for engine starting and accessories with dual alternators
110-volt AC electrical system was added 2002
1985 Westerbeke 4-108 FWC engine with Hurth 2:1 reduction gear and HRH fabricated bronze propeller.
New 2001 through 2003:
“ENTERPRISE” is a Mark III Bermuda 40 with removable inner forestay built in 1985, making it one of the latest boats available. She has a graceful sheer as designed by Bill Tripp, and was built with high quality Hinckley construction. The attractive ash interior gives the boat a light, airy feeling.
The double settee layout and combination icebox/navigation station is ideal for cruising with reliable sea berths and plenty of counter space. A number of custom options were added including a wood burning fireplace, Espar diesel heating system, custom cabinetry, and extra sails. New 2011 hull Awlgrip. ENTERPRISE is a true classic sloop. We strongly encourage you to look at this MK III.
As the late-great Katherine Hepburn says in The Philadelphia Story, “My, she’s yar!”
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Hinckley Yacht Brokerage
Sou'wester 42 MKII Sloop
Southwest Harbor, ME, United States
Sou'wester 42 MK II Sloop
Rockport, ME, United States
Sou'wester 59 CC Sloop
Marco Island, FL, United States
Sou'wester 42 Sloop
Martha's Vineyard, MA, United States
Sou'wester 50 Yawl
Mt. Desert, ME, United States
Sou'wester 42 Aft Cabin Sloop
Southwest Harbor, ME, United States