1985 Hatteras 77 Cockpit Motor Yacht
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Twin / diesel
- Located In:
- Saint Petersburg, FL
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 649,000
"Endless Summer" is one of only 7, factory built custom series, Cock-pit Motoryachts. With an 18'7" beam, a true Five stateroom layout an aft full beam engine room, this was the largest "Classic" Yacht built by Hatteras at the time.
This yacht has benefited from several major refits since launch. The most recent was just completed last year when her "Bulbous Bow", Stern Thruster's, all new state of the art Garmin Electronics, wireless Yacht Controller, new Headliner, lighting and much more were completed.
The yacht has many custom features including an interior stairwell from the salon leading to the fully air conditioned Fly-Bridge/Sky-Lounge area comfortably set under a custom hardtop with full entertainment and cooking accessories. There is an all new, in 2016, custom gourmet galley that is open to the salon with all new cabinetry, cabin sole, and appliances.
A great design, and many thoughtful and quality upgrades make this a very unique opportunity. Offered in turnkey condition, this vessel will pass the most discriminating of examinations.
Realistic owner will sacrifice at a small fraction of his investment and will consider all serious offers. Price Reduced Spt, 2017
Contact Central Agent
Roger S Cole CPYB
727.460.0228 Cell firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact Roger S. Cole, CPYB,IPYB at 727-460-0228
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 77 ft 0 in
Beam: 18 ft 7 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 6 in
Bridge Clearance: 26 ft 3 in
Headroom: 6 ft 6 in
Freeboard: 9 ft 5 in
Dry Weight: 116000 lbs
Engine Brand: Detroit Diesel
Year Built: 1985
Engine Model: 12V-92
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Brand: Detroit Diesel
Year Built: 1985
Engine Model: 12V-92
Engine Type: Inboard
Cruising Speed: 11 knots @ 1400 RPM
Fresh Water Tanks: Fiberglass (495 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: Fiberglass (2080 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: Fiberglass (240 Gallons)
This is a five stateroom 5 head layout with a wide body salon and galley up.
The pilothouse with the lower helm is forward on the main deck level, with port and starboard doors to the side decks. There is ladder access here for the fly-bridge. To starboard there is a curved stairwell leading down to the two forward state-rooms/crew quarters.
Next aft is the on-deck day head followed aft by the large U shaped dinette on the starboard side. Across is the all new galley to port. The wall separating the galley from the salon has been removed.
The full beam salon and dining area is truly impressive. The dining table and chairs are forward to port with a stairwell on the port side leading to the lower deck staterooms. There is a a wet bar to starboard and forward. The custom stairwell to the Fly-bridge is immediately aft, followed by the entertainment center with a pop-up TV in a cabinet. Aft there is a door leading out to a small observation deck and stairs leading down to the cockpit.
In the aft lower cockpit there is small observation deck on the salon level thst overlooks the large cockpit area. Forward to starboard is a full height door that leads into the stand up engine room where all machinery is located, (including both generators) There is a transom door leading out to the swim platform and generous under deck lazarette storage.
The custom stairwell to the upper deck sky-lounge is to starboard in the salon. It leads up at a very gradual incline to the aft boat deck/outside lounging area. There is a outside grilling station on the aft deck with counters and storage. Forward through a doorway is the air conditioned flybridge under the hardtop.
Stateroom, Master and Guest
Access to the owners and two guest staterooms is from the forward part of the salon. Down a stairwell to the landing area one moves forward to find the full beam midships master stateroom.
Going aft one finds two guest staterooms port and starboard each with their own head and shower with two twin berths in one and a queen berth in the other.
Forward Staterooms/Crew Quarters
Going down from the pilothouse one finds two more staterooms that share a single head in the fore peak. Each stateroom has private door access to the head and shower.
One stateroom has two over/under bunks and the other has a double berth below and a single berth above.
There is a new laundry center and small settee with TV in the landing area aft of the two staterooms.
These two staterooms are completely segregated from the rear Staterooms.
The Flybridge is accessed either by the ladder from the pilothouse, or by the custom stairwell from the salon. There is a custom molded fiberglass and insulated hardtop with integral radar arch and a full rigid 4 sided Lexan enclosure (new 2017).
This area is fully air conditioned with three units totaling 48,000 BTU. On a hot summer day in Florida this area can be as cool, (or cooler) as the salon thanks to its mesh curtains surrounding the whole area, her insulated hard top and rigid enclosures. The area under the hardtop has natural teak decking in excellent condition.
There are (2) Pompanette Elite helm seats forward and center, a huge U-shaped seating area with a custom varnished teak table aft, and across is a lounge seating in matching varnished teak. Aft there is a wet bar with refrigeration and quartz counter top.
Moving out from under the hardtop, (through a swinging framed door), there is an open aft deck with a new fiberglass cooking center with a propane grill, lots of counter space and storage.. This is a combination boat deck or seating area and features a "water mister" system to keep all of the guests cool. This area is protected from the sun by a custom "San Juan" Style Fixed Shade.
There are safety rails and a hydraulic dinghy crane on the after boat deck. The hardtop and decks have been recently Awlgripped.
The salon is a wide body design, featuring new headliner and LED flush mounted lighting. A leather sofa and occasional chair and a 4 place dining table, highlight this area. The salon is open to the galley.
- New Salon, Pilothouse and Galley headliner (2015)
- New Salon, Pilothouse and Galley recessed LED lighting (2015)
- Custom Teak Stairwell to Fly-bridge
- Custom shades
- All windows serviced (2015-17)
- New Wall to Wall Carpet (2015)
- All new furnishings and soft good (2015)
- New TV and entertainment center with pop up concealed TV. (2015)
- Wet bar with ice-maker
In 2015 the vessels galley was completely removed and professionally replaced with custom built cabinets, all new appliance, teak and Holly cabin sole and granite counter tops. The rear bulkhead was removed to open the galley to the salon. All work was performed to top marine standards.
All New in 2015:
- Whirlpool Side by Side Stainless Refrigerator/Freezer with ice and water in door
- Full Sized 4 Burner range with oven Stainless Steel
- Sharp Carousel Stainless Convection Microwave
- Granite Countertops Galley and dinette.
- Pop up concealed coffee maker
- Teak and Holly Cabin sole
- All new Cherry wood faced cabinets and wall panels
- New headliner and LED lighting.
Additional feature include a large under counter ice-maker in salon wet bar
Stairwell in the front of the salon leads down to the owners and two guest staterooms.
Master Midships Stateroom is under the galley area with center-line king sized berth. 2015 updates include all new carpet, flooring in head area, and bathroom fixtures and wall treatments. There are four opening port-lights, two over sized his and hers hanging lockers, a sit down vanity area and abundant drawer storage.
Moving aft from the master one finds Two staterooms port and starboard each with their own private head and shower stall. Each stateroom has two opening port-lights and each head has one portlight. 2015 updates include new carpeting, new bathroom fixtures, flooring and wall treatments.
The Forward Staterooms are forward and down from the pilothouse.
The starboard stateroom has over under berths and a private door leading forward to the head with shower.
The Port stateroom has a double berth below and a single berth above. Forward there leads to a private door leading to the shared forward shower and head.
Aft of the staterooms there is a small dinette and a new laundry center with apartment sized side by side units. 2015 updates include new wall to wall carpeting, bathroom fixtures and wall treatments, laundry center, TV, settee upholstery, all new custom mattresses.
There are 5 heads on the vessel. On the main deck there is a day head.
All the way forward, in the crew quarters, the two staterooms share a head with separate shower stall. The master stateroom and (each of the other two guest staterooms), all have their own heads with separate shower stalls.
All heads were remodeled in 2015 with new "Pergo" wood texture flooring, all new wall coverings, sink bowls, cabinets and showers reconditioned and awlgrip painted as needed. All new bathroom fixtures and lighting. The commodes were upgraded to all new Tecna" quiet flush fresh water heads.
Electronics and Navigation
In 2105 the vessel underwent a complete upgrade of the ships navigation system. A completely integrated Garmin package with 4 Multi function displays, Garmin 6 KW HD radar, Garmin sounder module and a great deal more was professionally installed to create a modern state of the art navigation, communications and entertainment system. The electronics installation incorporated all new wiring, power supplies and cabling throughout the vessel to ABYC standard. A truly first class installation without regard to cost.
- "Yachtcontroller" System Wireless remote for thrusters, transmissions,and windlass (2015)
- KVH TV 5 Tracvision HD Tracking Antenna (2015)
- TV Receivers at each unit. (2015)
- GLOBALSTAR SAT-FI SAT-PHONE WI-FI HOTSPOT CONNECT (2015)
- Garmin Wi-Fi Connect
- "We-Boost" Cell Phone Signal Booster and transmitter
- Wave Cellular phone booster and transmitter (2016)
- All New navigation antenna's.
Garmin Network System New in 2015 (Serves Both Stations) Each Garmin Display has its own GPS receiver.
- Garmin GMR 604 HD Radar, 6 KW 4 Foot open array 72 Mile Radar
- Garmin AIS 6000 Transponder
- Garmin GMX 52 Sirius XM weather receiver
- Airmar Transducer for Digital Depth on all MFD'S
- Garmin Wi-Fi adaptor for Iphone/Ipad connectivity to Nav System
Lower Helm Electronics and Navigation
New in 2016:
- Garmin 8215 Multi Function Display (MFD)
- Garmin 8212 MFD
- Garmin GHP 20 Autopilot
- Fusion MT7000I Stereo Reciever
- Garmin GHS 10 VHF Fixed Mount VHF
- Garmin GHS 10 Wireless VHF Handset
- Security system with Sky-Link Notification
- All new LED lighting and chart light spotlight
- Wave Wi-FI Booster and wireless Wi-Fi- transmitter
- Aqua Alarm Cellular High Water Alarm System
- Global Star Satellite Phone Wi-Fi interfaced to I-phone
- Furuno FS 1502 SSB (serviced and updated in 2015)
- Raymarine ST60 Digital Depth and ST60+ Digital speed and Water temp
- Carlisle Finch 110V 5M Candlepwer Spotlight with remote Control (2 Station)
- Raymarine Remote 8 " Spotlight Control (2 Station)
Fly-bridge Electronics And Navigation
New in 2016:
- Garmin 8215 MFD
- Garmin Garmin 8215 MFD
- Garmin GHP 20 Autopilot
- Yacht Controller Joy Stick Control
- Marine PC Monitor for Camera system (in Nav Pod)
- FLIR M324XP Thermal camera with PAN/TILT function
- IRIS PZT116-28 engine room camera with joy stick controlled remote
- Garmin GC10 IR Camera
- Garmin GC10 IR Reverse Image Camera
- Fusion MS NRX 200I Stereo Receiver
- Kahlenberg Horn Control Module
Alarm Systems: (All new in 2016)
- High Water Bilge Water Alarm with cellular connect
- Vessel temperature alarm with cellular connect
- Vessel entry alarm
- Engine coolant level alarm
In 2015 Vessel underwent a complete redo of the entire ships entertainment system. Vessel was rewired with HD cable throughout. All New TV'S and receivers. New HD Satellite TV antenna. All new Fusion stereos, Fusion speakers and subwoofers.
- KVH TV 5 SAT TV ANTENNA SYSTEM
- SAMSUNG 45" LED TV FOR SALON WITH POP-UP FROM CABINET
- SAMSUNG 28" SLIM LED TV FOR MASTER STATEROOM
- (4) SAMSUNG 24" LED TV'S
- DIREC TV H25 HD RECEIVERS (LEASED FROM DIRECT TV)
- RF RECEIVERS AND TRANSMITTERS FOR TV REMOTES
- SAMSUNG BLU-RAY PLAYER
- FUSION MS-IP700i AM/FM/I-POD STEREO NMEA 2000
- (2) FUSION MS-NRX200i FULL FUNCTION WIRED REMOTE NMEA 2000 FOR BRIDGE
- FUSION SXV200B SIRIUS/XM TUNER
- FUSION 5-CHANNEL AMPLIFIER MS-DA51600
- FUSION MS-SW10 10" SUBWOOFER
- FUSION 6.5" ROUND FLUSH MOUNT SPEAKERS
- GOLD N5C BLACK CLASSIC 5.25" ROUND FLUSH MOUNT SPEAKERS
- FUSION BT100 BLUETOOTH MODULE
The vessel has two generators. The new in 2015 32KW generator is capable of powering the entire demand alone. The backup unit was new in 1998. In 2015-6 vessel underwent a major electronics upgrade to include refitting of all of the ships electronics wiring and converting the vessel to HD TV cabling. All new transformers for navigation and primary wiring upgraded. New LED lighting was installed throughout.
- Onan 32 KW Generator w/sound shield (562 Hrs-New in 2016)
- Northern Lights 20 kW generator 2300 hrs (new 1998)
- All DC power supplies new in 2015 (7 converters)
- 30-amp 3 stage constavolt 32-volt battery charger
- (8) Batteries with parallel switches
- (3) Step up transformers
- Telephone and TV inlets at bow
- 100-amp 220 volt shore power service (bow and stern)
- (1) 75' shore cord with Glendenning Cable Master in bow locker
- Smart Y connector for 100 Amp Service
- Shore power transformers
The engine room is aft in the boat, behind all of the staterooms and is accessed by a full height door leading in from the cockpit. Engine room is 6'6" headroom and there is complete outboard access to the engines. Main 32 KW Generator is in a sound shield There are three control stations for the boat, (Fly-bridge, Pilothouse, and aft deck), as well as a wireless Yacht Controller system. All of the heads in the boat were replaced with new "Quiet Flush" fresh water units. 16,000 BTU Engine Room Air Conditioning system.
Engines were surveyed in 2015 and found to be in good operational condition. Owner has done complete servicing and repairs to both engines and has run the boat for 4000 miles since purchase with no mechanical failures or significant issues. ALL systems maintenance is current. Last engine and generator servicing in 8-17.
- Detroit Diesel 12V-92 TI engines 1842 Hours SMOH
- Naiad 252 Stabilizers Serviced in 2016, (Seals and Hydraulics)
- "Yachtcontroller" Wireless Engine and thruster controls (2016)
- Glendenning Electronic engine controls (Two Stations-2016)
- Aft Cockpit Controls are mechanical cable
- 5 New Fresh Water Flush Heads Tecma (2015)
- RiteAire Central Dehumidifier system (2015)
- Wesmar dual 12" prop 25 hp Hydraulic Bow Thruster
- Stern Thrusters (2015) Separate Battery Banks and Charger
- Cruisaire Reverse Cycle Air Conditioning All newer units
- 48,000 BTU Cruisaire System for Skylounge (2015)
- Engine Room Air Conditioning 16,000 BTU
- (2) new Air Conditioning Pumps (2016)
- Oil transfer system with 40 gallon used oil tank, 75 gallon new oil tank
- Oberdorfer Electric Fuel Transfer Pumps (2) with Fuel Polishing System (2015)
- Racor dual fuel filters for each engine (With Pressure Gauges)
- Racor 900 for each generator
- Engine fuel shut-off valves
- 38 gallon hot water heater (2015)
- Dual 110 VAC Floteck water pumps for domestic water supply
- Headhunter 12V Fresh Water Pump
- Ultraviolet domestic water purifier with Cartridge filtration
- High Pressure High Volume Headhunter raw water wash down pump (2105)
- (8) Manual and automatic bilge pumps
- Dual automatic and manual CO2 fire extinguisher for engine room
- (2) Nibral propellers
- Tides Drip-less Propeller Shaft Seals W spare seals
- High capacity 110 Volt Engine Room Blowers (2)
- Custom side exhaust system from Associated Marine
- Full mechanical gauges and start/stop switches in engine room
- Walker Air Seps Chrome package for engines
- New Turbo Chargers and Blankets (2016)
- New Coolant level alarms for both main engines (2016)
- Blue Silicone Engine hoses
- Electric Oil Change Pumps (3)
- Hydraulic steering (2 Station)
- Water and compressed air on 50' cord reels in engine room
- Bennett trim tabs
Deck and Equipment
New in 2016: hydraulic anchor windlass and custom Aluminum Anchor chute, roller and pulpit. Transom Dinghy lift Davits (2016). All new 48,000 BTU F/B air conditioning (2015). All new in 2016 Lexan rigid F/B enclosure with full Textilene mesh window covers.
All exterior decks are fiberglass non skid. Fly-bridge deck under hard top is teak and in excellent condition.
- Hydraulic Anchor Windlass New 2016
- All Chain rode 300 Foot 1/2 inch galvanized chain (2016)
- Rocna Anchor 243 Lb.
- UMT 1500# Hydraulic assist (side to side and up and down) crane
- New Kahlenberg dual Air Horns with Smart Controls
- Transom mount Hydraulic dinghy davits 2017
- Custom Beachcomber Grilling Station on aft boat deck
- Stainless Propane Grill w/ 2 tanks
- Water Mister System for covered boat deck area
- High intensity lights for aft boat deck (Tri-Color LED 2016)
- Transom Door with FRP swim platform and dive ladder
- Tiderider Boarding Ladder
- (2) Pompanette Elite helm seats
- Aft boat deck Sunshade (2016)
- Rigid Lexan Enclosure for Fly-bridge (2017)
- (2) Bomar hatches in Hardtop
- Custom fold down hinged radar mast
- Radar arch with molded double walled and insulated hard top
- Custom varnished teak table on F/B
- Custom U Shaped settee and I shaped lounge on F.B
- (2) deck boxes on fore-deck
- Dock Box in Cockpit
This is a widebody design with port and starboard pilothouse wing doors, adequate side decks for line handling, port and starboard boarding gates with a Marquipt Tide-rider boarding ladder, a factory cockpit with port and starboard boarding steps, transom door, swim platform, generous below deck storage and machinery access.
In 2015 the vessel received the custom installation of a Bulbous Bow by Viking Boat Works in St. Petersburg Florida. Bulb was designed by Bray and Associates and has substantially improved the vessels handling and performance overall.. It has minimized the unpleasant fore and aft pitching of the vessel as well as enabling noticeable improvements to the performance and fuel economy of the vessel at all speeds.
This Is a factory cockpit boat, not an aftermarket extension, thus the rudders are in the proper location. She has a deep keel and runs very efficiently in displacement. She has speed capabilities and can cruise at 16 knots if desired. Owner runs the boat at 1400 RPM'S and makes 11-12 Knots. The Bulbous Bow has improved the slow speed cruise efficiency by close to 15% without sacrificing high speed ability.
All of her tanks are molded fiberglass and integral to the hull. Her engines are aft of the staterooms which allows for much shorter shaft lengths and eliminates the need for the troublesome 2 piece shafts used on most Hatteras Yachts of her era.
She has great range potential if run at slower speed as current owner does.
In 2015 bottom paint was removed with media blasting, a new epoxy barrier coat was applied, and bottom paint renewed. Another coat of bottom paint was applied in 2016 and propellers reconditioned and cutlass bearings renewed (no blisters observed).
Rarely does one see a classic quality build, (such as this), come on the market. Only 7 of these "Custom Series" 77 Hatteras Cockpit Motor Yachts were ever built. The custom series Hatteras were built on a wider 18'7" hull than the other Hatteras yachts. They were designed as a crewed yacht with separation of the owners/guest staterooms and captain and crew living area.
Endless Summer has lived a good life. She has benefited from several owners who have taken a great original design and have improved upon it. The air conditioned flybridge with hardtop and full cooking, entertaining and navigational capabilities has created a vessel that was far ahead of her time and rivals many modern "Sky-lounge" designs at a mere fraction of her cost.
Endless Summer has just completed a major refit, without regard to cost, by an experienced yachtsman with a great eye for detail and quality. She has a current electronics and A/V package, her paint is good, and all systems have been upgraded, replaced or repaired in the past 24 months.
This is a very special yacht, she is a custom series yacht with a full beam aft engine room. She has an interior stairwell from the salon to her air conditioned flybridge, She is stabilized, and has a bulbous bow.
Her list of improvement far exceeds her very realistic asking price. For a discriminating yachtsman seeking a great opportunity, here one exists.
The following items are excluded from the sale of the vessel, whether affixed or not:
Artwork, pictures or other wall hangings. China Crystal and Glassware, statues or figurines.
All items which could be considered personal in nature and are not specifically listed as parts of the ships inventory should not be assumed to be conveyed with the vessel.
Please check with your broker for a list of specific exclusions.
* Engine hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from United Yacht Sales
67 Cockpit Motor Yacht
Saint Petersburg, FL, United States