- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- FL, United States
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 180,000 Tax Paid
A truly exceptional DeVries motorsailer,one owner since originally built!
Grotemeid is a DeVries 50 custom made to the owner request by the reputable DeVries yard in1985 in Drimlin, outside Amsterdam, Holland. The owner personally followed the construction and once the yacht was commissed and delivered, he crossed the Atlantic back to Florida.He wanted a safe & strong, easy to handle ketch with two cabins, large pilot house salon, large galley and dining area.
She is a pilot house yacht, so she can also be comfortably operated from the interior, with great visibility and in the comfort of the large pilot house. The aft deck pilot station is well protected by a large bimini which allows the vessel operation with great visibility an an extremely safe environment if weather gets rough.The hull construction is with 8mm steel. The deck is painted with antiskid (never had teak deck).
She offers a well equipped L shaped galley to starboard accessible by descending 3steps,which also provide access to a very comfortable semi-circular dining table, sitting 6-8 persons.
The aft master cabin is one of the highlights of this boat with fullstanding headroom and a full queen size berth with ensuite head with a large vanity, shower and an electric head.
The forward V-berth is spacious with plenty of storage and an ensuite head with vanity and electric head.
There are two large storage areas, a pantry closet close to the forward cabin and a tool room close to the aft cabin. Both provide an amazing storage capacity.The yacht is designed for long range voyages in total autonomy.
Available for immediate sale and come highly recommended as a bluewater family cruiser or living aboard.
- Engine DAF 165hpTurbo, re-built 2010, installed 2011 with 190h
- Transmission re-built in 2008
- Westerbeke 8KW1992,4064h
- Furuno AutoPilot
- Furuno Radar
- Furuno GPS
- Furuno Deptsounder
- Icom VHF (2)
- 3Kw DC Converter 24v to 12v(3x12v plugs available onboard)
- 11’5 Avon dinghy with18hpTohaitsu 4strokes outboard
- 1000 gallons of water capacity
- 800 gallons of fuel
All maintenance and upgrades records available with current owner.
Works completed during the last boat maintenance on May 2016:
- Bottom paint
- New Zincs
- Water tank cleaning
Available for showing by appointment only.
Please call or email Antonio Belli @ Stotler Yachts:
office: +1 866.607.5393
direct: +1 571.426.2705
Euro: +39 055 535 6869
Please contact Antonio Belli at 866-607-5393
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Designer: De Vries
Flag of Registry: United States
LOA: 50 ft 0 in
Beam: 14 ft 8 in
Length on Deck: 53 ft 0 in
Minimum Draft: 5 ft 6 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 6 in
Displacement: 45000 kgs Full Load
Bridge Clearance: 52 ft 0 in
Headroom: 6 ft 5 in
Dry Weight: 36000 kgs
Total Power: 165 HP
Engine Brand: DAF
Year Built: 2010
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 190
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 165 HP
Cruising Speed: 6 knots @ 1200 RPM
Maximum Speed: 8 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: 1 (1000 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 2 (800 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 2 (60 Gallons)
Number of double berths: 2
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 2
Seating Capacity: 6
VHF - 2
TV set - 2
Manual bilge pump
Refrigerator - Front loader
Electric bilge pump
Deep freezer - Top loader
Battery charger - Charles 40 Amp
Electric head - 2
Shore power inlet
Generator - 8 Kw
Electrical Circuit: 12V
Total Liferaft Capacity: 6
Grotemeid offers a spacious two cabins lay-out. The Pilot House salon is accessible via the companionway. To starboard is the pilot house/nav station forward-facing, to port is a large L-shape settee with tea table (seat 8 persons).The engine room is accessible under the pilot house salon flooor by via a movable hatch. The galley is to starboard and is accessible by descending three steps. It is walk-thru galley fully equipped, lightly and airy with a large stainless steel sink,4 burner gas cooker,pressurized hot and coldwater, large front load refrigerator and top loader freezer.
The aft private cabin is accessible from the Pilot House by descending three steps. A queen-size berth is aft athwart ships with ensuite private head with separate shower stall. To port there is a large tool room accessible via a door.
A large private V-berth cabin is forward with ensuite head. Large pantry closet storage is accessible by a door to stardboard. Both forward and aft private areas can be shut off from the pilot house salon and the galley areas with solid teak doors. All the interior areas are beautiful matched with solid carved teak. Full standing headroom and plenty of ventilation throughout the boat.
The walk-thru galley is accessible to starboard.The counter top is in whote Corian with a single stainless steel sink. The stove is equipped with4burner propane cooktop. There is plenty of storage lockers outboard. The refrigeration system is custom front loading insulated ice box with custom 12 volt cold plate system. The freezer is top loading 24voltsystem. Pressurized cold and hot water. Hot water is supplied by a10 gallons120 volt heater.
Parelectric 24 volt marine toilets with (2) each with own holding tank
The navigation equipment at the Pilot House station offer reliable and efficient access to navigation data. 2 VHF radios, one in the Pilot House and one at the Deck Navigation steering station provide access to radiocommunications.
- Furuno NavNet (Speed and Depth)
- Audio Bose with iPod docking
- Furuno Navpilot dual control at Pilot House and Deck Nav Station
Other equipment includes:
- Electric Fans(4)
- AC/DC Wiring system with shore power cable (250Amp)
- Fresh water cooled Westerbeke 8KW1992, 4064 hours generator
- 24 volts house battery bank (4),12 volt engine starting battery
- Charles 40Amp automatic battery charger
- AC circuit breakers panel
Engine and Mechanical:
- Engine DAF 165hpTurbo re-built in2010, installed 2011with190 hours.Transmission re-built in 2008
- Fix 3 blades propeller
- Hydraulic Bowtruster operable by joysticks at pilot and deck stations
- 2 Racor fuel filters, one for the main engine and one for the genset
- Engine control panel with Tachometer, Temperature, Oil pressure, Amps instruments
- Heavy duty120 Amp Alternator.
- Easy access to engine room and related mechanical equipment.
- Westerbeke 8KW1992, 4064 hours generator fresh watercooled with heat exchanger. with Temperature, Oil Pressure, and Volt instruments
- 11’.5 Avon inflatable hypalon dinghy
- 18hpToihatsu 4stroke outboard
Mast and Rigging
- Deck stepped anodized aluminum masts
- Winches: Barbarossa (2) #28 self tailing
Barbarossa (2) #16
- Jib Roller furling system
Deck and Hull
- Hull, bottom and deck built in steel
- Deck painted with non-skid finish(no teak)
- Solid Steel Full keel
- Thru-Hull fitting and seacocks regularly maintained
- Sails from Schroker Sails Holland, lightly used:
- Mainsail with 2reef points with regular battens
- Mizzen with 1 reef point and short/regular battens
- 130% roller furling Genoa,Yankeecut (2)
- Life Jackets
- Fire extinguishers handheld CO2
- Bilge Pumps Rule 2500 GPH 12 volt automatic (3)
- Manual bilge pump (1)
- High water bilge alarm system (floating switches in engine compartment bilge)
- Built-in Navy anchor
- 45 pounds CQR plough on deck
- 45 Fortress 85 anchor
- Aluminum hurricane window panels
- Marine Air Systems 10,000 BTU self-contained marine air conditioner/heater with rotary control (aft cabin)
- Marine Air Systems 16,000 BTU self-contained marine air conditioner/heater with rotary control (main salon)
- DVD player
- Audio Bose surround-sound system with iPod docking station
- Ritchie 5" compass at Deck nav station
- (2) Fiberglass aft deck storage compartiments
- Dock side city fresh water pressure regulator
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.