1985 Cooper 51 CC
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Located In:
- Newport Beach, CA
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 289,000
Truly a magnificent sailing yacht, built with no compromise by the renowned Cooper Yachts Yard in Vancouver BC. Custom built for the original owner and outfitted with the finest in equipment. There are (13) windows in the house, (10) opening ports, (6) vents, and two deck hatches. The hanging lockers are all cedar lined, there are dimmer switches throughout the interior, and completely customized upholstery & headliner throughout. The interior was executed by a Yacht Interior Designer.
A tremendous amount of time, effort, experience, and love went into making this yacht able to sail worldwide in comfort, speed and safety. Long known for building quality yachts, this is one of Forbes Cooper's finest efforts.
No expense was spared in the fit and finish of this "Gentleman's Yacht", from the Italian leather upholstery in the Main Salon, to the marble counter tops, and marble- lined showers in both master and guest heads, and gleaming solid stainless-steel opening ports throughout. The fully enclosed center cockpit provides all the warmth, protection from the elements and safety as on a fine motor yacht, and the efficient, well-maintained Perkins Diesel Engine, combined with the top-of-the-line Max-Prop allows this vessel to motor, or motor sail, at speeds well within the 8.5 to 9.5 Knot range touted by many trawlers, but at a fraction of the fuel consumption.
Designed by well-known naval architect and yacht designer Stan Huntingford, this yacht represents the perfect combination of elegant lines, stout build, and a modern, and surprisingly fast underbody. The current owner reports having reached speeds of 10.5 to 11 knots with this yacht while under its generous blue and yellow asymmetrical spinnaker. The over-sized rigging and winches and other gear are meant to withstand the most demanding conditions and will provide added confidence regardless of where her next owner may choose to take her. Her amazing fuel capacity (475 Gal.) and water tankage (400 gal.) are virtually unheard of for a yacht of this size, and afford incredible freedom and independence for those intending extended cruising.
This yacht is a true head-turner wherever she goes, with timeless lines, and will appeal to a buyer with discerning taste in a yacht and who demands only the highest quality construction and finishes.
Please Contact Central Listing Agent Don Ross at (949) 274-6595
Please contact Don Ross at 949.274.6595
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 50 ft 9 in
Beam: 15 ft 0 in
LWL: 43 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 6 ft 0 in
Displacement: 35000 lbs
Ballast: 10000 lbs
Cruising Speed: 9 knots
Maximum Speed: 10 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: (400 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (475 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (40 Gallons)
Forward Stateroom: Large V-berth stateroom featuring beautiful teak joinery, and lots of storage and hanging locker space.
Passageway Forward: Aft to port is a large built-in freezer and refrigerator w/6" foam insulation, top loading, engine driven and new 12v compessor, cold plates, and a beautiful installation of cabinets behind.
Guest Head: To starboard is a large guest head with a new full sized fresh water toilet, and a separate stall shower. Countertops and shower are cultured marble.
Main Salon: Aft, and into the main salon w/U-shaped dinette to port & large settee to starboard. The dinette table, which was specifically designed for the boat and hand crafted of Carpathian elm, encapsulated in clear and black Avonite. The settee converts into a double berth. There is a bookrack over dining "nook," and fishing rod rack over settee on starboard side. Aft to starboard is a bar and a separate navigation station.
Galley: To port is a U-shaped galley and contains double s/s sinks, pressurized, heavy duty hot/cold water system, fresh water and salt water foot pumps, New (2016) Force 10 3-burner electric stove w/oven, Microwave, New (2016) Vitrifrigo refrigeration, spice cabinet, and black corian counter tops.
Passageway Aft: Aft to starboard is the pass through to the aft stateroom. The pass through has a washer/dryer.
Engine Room (Refurbished 2016): Across is the entrance to the fully insulated engine room which also houses the new Northern Lights generator, New (October 2016) FCI Water Maker, storage area, and SS hot water tank. Special Lead/Barium engine room insulation, 1' thick in addition to standard lead and board.
Master Stateroom: Aft to the master stateroom which features a queen sized bed on centerline with large mirror behind it on the bulkhead, Cedar-lined closets throughout, a private head (electric) and gracious stall shower with bench. Hansgrohe fixtures. Countertops and shower are cultured marble.
New (2016) Full Cockpit Enclosure: with privacy curtains, all Macrolon window glass. Features a pop-up radar, instrumentation pod, bow thruster controls, special lighting, swing open entrance way, and a zippered panel in the overhead canvas dodger for sailing, among many more things. The cockpit contains a beautiful built teak in cocktail table and New (2016) cushions. All sails and lines run to the cockpit and the boat may be sailed completely by one person from the full enclosed cockpit.
Deck and Hull
- New (2016) FCI Water Maker
- Vetus 8" Bow Thruster
- Salt Water Washdowns Fore and Aft (flush deck fittings)
- Avon 6-man Liferaft
- Teak Swim Platform
- Built-in Swim Ladder and Transom Steps
- Nilsson V-3000 Electric Anchor Windlass
- Maxi 24" Feathering 3-Bladed Prop
- Teak Framed Hard Dodger with Lexan Glass '06
- Beautiful Teak Toerail
- New (2016) Full Canvas Cockpit Enclosure with Macrolon window glass
- Cockpit Enclosure privacy curtains
- Custom SS Radar/Solar Panel Arch & heavy-duty Dingy Davit System -will hold and easily operate with average sized center-console tenders
- Custom SS Stern Pulpit w/BBQ Platform
- All Port Lenses an frames were replaced & rebidded in 2006
- Enormous Stern Lazerette storage compartment - large enough to stand in
- New Cockpit Cushions 2016
- Newer Ritchie Compass
- Dual Recessed Bow Lights
- Hot/Cold Swim Platform Shower
- 1/2" Thick Lexan Panels on the Forward Facing Salon House
- Para Anchor w/Rode
- Emergency Tiller
- Manual Bilge Pump out from cockpit
- Custom fitted, blue canvas protection covers for all winches, hatches, windshields, mast base, and toerail
Electronics and Navigation Equipment
- Garmin 2010CC Color GPS Map/Depth/Fishfinder
- Furuno 2400 Radar
- Furuno Radar Alarm RA 24
- Furuno Range Marker RU 2840
- Furuno GPS (at Nav Station)
- Lap-Top Computer w/ "The Captain" Navigation System Software
- Wagner Mark IV Autopilot w/remote
- Furuno Weatherfax FAX 108
- New Horizon Hailer/Intercom/Foghorn CTX
- ICOM M700 SSB/Ham Radio w/hull-auto coupler
- ICOM M80C VHF Radio
- Satellite Phone
- B&G Cruise Pack-Hornet instruments w/4 repeaters
- Upgraded Sony Stereo Speakers in cockpit and on radar arch allowing "Zone" listening inside and out
Sails and Rigging
- All Oversized SS Running Rigging
- Elliot Pattison Mainsail (2006)
- Elliot Pattison 120% Genoa w/Foam Luff (2006)
- Asymmetrical Spinnaker w/snuffer 2100 sq ft
- Storm Staysail
- North Sail Mainsail (original)
- North Sail 150% Genoa (original)
- 21' Telescoping Whisker Pole (mast mount)
- Boom Brake
- Running Back Stays
- Running inner forestay w/removable Pelican-Hook stay (for Staysail)
- Aerofoil Speaders
- (2) Insulated Back Stays
- Merriman Roller Genoa Cars
- (2) Spare Halyards
- Lewmar ST Winches: (2) #65 Primaries, (2) #52 Secondaries, #43 Mainsheet, (2) #43 on Mast
- New (2016) Northern Lights 6kw Generator w/sound shield
- Prosign 2800 watt Inverter/Charger
- (4) AGM 8-D Batteries, Engine Start 8-D Battery, Generator Start Group 27 Battery (all replaced in 2015-16)
- 12v DC/110v AC w/shore power,
- 120V / 30 amp & 220V / 50 amp Shore Power Recepticles
- Telephone Cable Recepticle
- (4) Solar Panels Mounted on SS Arch w/DC Input Monitor
While designated at the yard as a "Cooper 51'," the current owner has had this yacht re-measured and re-designated as 50'8" LOA, thereby permitting it to be assigned a 50' mooring in Avalon Harbor rather than a 60' mooring.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Owner's personal items excluded. Exclusions include, however are not limited to, Seller's personal possessions, loose items, binoculars, handheld radio(s), charts, tools, fishing equipment, spare parts, clothing and foul weather gear, galley equipment, linens/bedding and any items not specifically listed on equipment list specifications sheet.