- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Bowling, Argyll & Bute, United Kingdom
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- £ 13,950 (US$ 17,400)
The Contessa 27 was a replacement model for the Contessa 28, the moulds and design of the Contessa 27 were purchased by MG Yachts and thereafter sold as the MGC27. A fast, modern-styled small cruiser, this boat was originally built with a lifting keel with internal ballast but has been converted to a fin keel. The Contessa 27’s have an excellent reputation for sailing performance and handling.
We look forward to organising your viewing and answering any questions you may have.
Rhu Boat Sales, Michael Schmidt & Partner, Tel: +0044(0)1436 821606 - email@example.com
IMPORTANT NOTICE PLEASE READ
Boats are available for viewing on PONTOONS, HARD STANDING (ladder access), on MOORINGS and in some cases FURTHER AFIELD. Please contact us before hand to check the location of the vessel you wish to view and any special requirements. If you are traveling a distance this is especially important in order to make sure the boats you wish to view are in their advertised location and available for viewing.
Please contact at +44 (0)1436 821606
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Beam: 3.04 m
Maximum Draft: 1.37 m
Total Power: 9 HP
Engine Brand: Volvo
Year Built: 1985
Engine Model: 2001
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Drive Type: Sail drive
Engine Power: 9 HP
Cruising Speed: 6 knots
Maximum Speed: 7 knots
Hull & Construction
Designed by Rob Humphreys and built by Contessa Yachts just prior to MG Yachts taking over the rights to the mould.
The hull is in white GRP, the deck is white & grey GRP and the superstructure is in Burgundy GRP. She has a fractional sloop rig and was originally built with a lifting keel and internal ballast but has been converted to a fin keel. Transom hung rudder with tiller steering with an aft cockpit.
- 40 litre stainless steel fuel tank.
- 39 gal water tank (new 2012).
Accommodation comprises 6 berths in 2 cabins with 6' of headroom. Interior furnishing are blue upholstery and beech wood which has been recently re-varnished.
Raised double berth forward of the saloon.
Saloon has the galley to port and an aft facing chart table to starboard. There is a table in the saloon with port and starboard settee berths (single berths).
Galley is "L" shaped with 2 burner gas hob and gas grill and oven. Stainless steel sink with pressurised cold water. Microwave oven which runs from shore supply only and a coolbox.
Heads are to starboard aft of the chart table with Jabsco marine toilet wash basin with cold pressurised water.
Double berth aft to port.
Ample storage space throughout.
- 12 volt cabin lighting.
- Techwood TV with freeview (12v).
- DVD player.
Trunking, controls and exhaust are present for a heating unit to be fitted.
The engine is original and is a Volvo 2001 9hp single cylinder sea water cooled inboard diesel engine with a sail drive to a fixed propeller (new 2014).
- Saildrive gaitor replaced 2014.
- New engine mounts 2014.
- New anodes 2014.
Engine last serviced June 2015.
12V electrical system which comprises alternator charging to 4 batteries.
- 1 x Alpaline 12v 115ah domestic battery (2013).
- 1 x Energy 12v 100ah domestic battery (2010).
- 1 x Energy 12v 100ah engine start battery (2010).
- 1 x Unipart 12v 64ah engine start battery (2013).
- Engine alternator (new 2010).
- Shore power with cable.
- 240V Sterling battery charger 10ah.
- Niki 800 watt inverter with 2 sockets.
- 50 Watt solar panel on deck with duo controller.
Spars rigging and sails
Fractional Sloop rig with Proctor alloy mast and boom. Stainless steel standing rigging (8mm) which was replaced in 2008. Braid on Braid running rigging which was replaced in 2005.
- Slab reefing from the cockpit.
- Stack pack.
- Mainsail cover.
- Lazy jacks.
- Plastimo furling system. (new 2009).
- Spinnaker pole.
Sails are in Dacron by Far East and comprise:
- Mainsail - fully batoned in very good condition (2009).
- 140% Foam Luff Genoa in good condition (2009).
Deck and deck equipment
The deck is in grey and white GRP and is secured by a stainless steel pulpit with stainless steel stanchions, double stainless steel lifelines and stainless steel quarter pushpits.
- Single bow roller.
- CQR 35lb anchor with 20m of 8mm chain and small end warp.
- Track on foredeck for self tacking jib (not currently in commission).
- 2 x Halyard winches.
- 2 x Lewmar 43 2 speed manual Genoa winches.
- Winch handle.
- Burgundy spray hood (2010).
- Burgundy spray dodgers (2010).
- Various warps and fenders.
- 5 mooring cleats.
- 2 x rope clutches.
Topsides, deck and coach roof all painted and windows replaced 2013.
- NASA DSC VHF radio at chart table.
- Garmin GPS at chart table - repeater at cockpit.
- NASA Clipper echo sounder at cockpit.
- Raymarine autopilot at cockpit.
- Plastimo compass at cockpit.
- NASA Clipper speed/log at cockpit.
- Manual bilge pump.
- Fire blanket.
- 1kg dry powder fire extinguisher.
- Smoke detector.
- Gas detector.
- 2 x harness points.
- Nav lights - steaming light, stern light and port and starboard lights.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Whilst we make best effort to obtain documentation from Vendors it is advisable to check what is available before travelling to view or making an offer.