- Video Gallery
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- ST. PETERSBURG, FL
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 34,900
DRASTIC REDUCTION! OWNER IS LOOKING FOR OFFERS!
This 1984 custom-built VAN DAM 32 CUSTOM GAFF-RIGGED KETCH is a magnificent replica of the original "sailing coaster vessels" of the early 18th century. The Owner, a real history buff and intense lover of sailing, wanted to experience the joy of sailing his own "coaster". Thus, he went to Michigan and worked directly with Van Dam to build "Morgana" and insure her lines were directly representative of the sailing coasters of this era -- yet he also wanted to make sure she had the current comforts and amenities of an up-to-date racing/cruising ketch.
In order to truly appreciate the grace and grandeur of this beautiful ketch, you need to know three things:
(1)Understand the Van Dam "cold molding" process and why "their craftsmanship and boat building experience with sound engineering principles allows them to build a custom boat of any size with confidence that will endure the test of time" and results in a lighter, stronger boat. You can review their total process and engineering processes by going to their website link below.
(2)Understand the historical significance of the "coasting trade" at the beginning of the British settlement in North America until after 1850. Shipping along the coasts was the principal means of transportation and communication between sections of the new country. The coasters were smaller, shallow-hulled ships for any category of cargo and passengers in coastwise trades.
(3)Review the outstanding amenities and comforts of this "Morgana" which include large cockpit, sleeping berths for 5 adults (including large settee), single head, navigation station, fold-down dining table, and full galley. Sailing equipment includes Main, Topsail, Mizzen, Mizzen Staysail, Genoa, Fore Staysail, Spinnaker, along with Maxwell 28 Self-tailing 2-speed and Andersen 12 Self-Tailing 1-Speed Winches, port & starboard.
Additional features include VOLVO PENTA 2003 3-CYL 30HP DIESEL (2247 HRS) - NEW DIGITAL AIR CONDITIONING/HUMIDITY CONTROL (2011), Espar Heating, and Xantrex Inverter. The Angelique hard wood bright work has just been re-varnished. ALL MAINTENANCE & SHIP'S LOG RECORDS AVAILABLE.
Do not miss this opportunity to view a great ketch. We are truly proud to represent her and to show her to you.
For more information or to arrange a viewing, please contact Bob Fillingham Direct: (727)460-5687or by email at email@example.com. You can also contact Shar Fillingham Direct: (727)403-0520 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website, www.fillinghamyachts.com.
TO LEARN MORE ABOUT VAN DAM "COLD MOLDING PROCESS" COPY THE FOLLOWING LINK INTO YOUR BROWSER: http://www.vandamboats.com/water-tight-wood-boat-construction
Fillingham Yacht Sales, Inc. gladly cooperates with other yacht brokers on a 50/50% basis for our vessels available for co-brokerage.
Please contact Bob Fillingham at 727 460 5687
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Van Dam Wood Craft
Designer: Arthur Wycoff
Flag of Registry: United States
LOA: 46 ft 0 in
Beam: 10 ft 0 in
LWL: 26 ft 0 in
Length on Deck: 31 ft 9 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 0 in
Displacement: 16000 lbs Full Load
Ballast: 6000 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 45 ft 0 in
Headroom: 6 ft 2 in
Dry Weight: 12500 lbs
Total Power: 30 HP
Engine Brand: VOLVO
Year Built: 1984
Engine Model: 2003 3 CYL
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 2247
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 30 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (100 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (48 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (20 Gallons)
Number of single berths: 3
Number of double berths: 1
Number of cabins: 1
Number of heads: 1
VHF - ICOM-M604 w/Distress Signal
Depthsounder - Garmin GMI20 Water Temp/Depth/Speed (NEW-Still in Mfg Box)
Radio - Poly-Planar MRD80
Navigation center - Starboard Side forward of Salon
Plotter - Garmin GPSMap 741xs Chartplotter/Sounder
CD player - Poly-Planar MRD80 AM/FM/CD
Cockpit speakers - Bose 151 Speakers in Cabin
Compass - Sestrel
Autopilot - Simrad AP20
Furling genoa - Harken Roller Furling
Steering wheel - Stainless Steel & Teak
Electric bilge pump
Air conditioning - Vimar Digital AC & Humidity Control
Refrigerator - Technautics-Engine driven
Microwave oven - Sharp Convection/Microwave & Powered by Inverter
Heating - Espar
Shore power inlet - 30 Amp Shore Power Cord
Inverter - Xantrex 3KW
Electrical Circuit: 110V
Teak cockpit - Angelique
Mainsail cover - NEW
As you enter the cabin area, take note of the beautiful teak interior. Just aft of the Main Salon and to Starboard is the Galley; and a single berth w/Settee to Port. Forward of the Port berth is the dining area with a large U-shaped sofa and teak dining table with two drop-down sides and drawers at each end of the table. The U-shaped sofa can also be used as an additional adult berth.
Across from the Dining Table and to Starboard are 2 additional berths. The lower berth pulls out and up to convert the 2 berths into a double berth, if desired.
Moving further forward to Port is an additional single berth with storage drawers below. Across from this berth and to Starboard is the Navigation Station.
The Head with stainless steel sink, shower wand, shower sump pump and additional storage is all the way forward. The toilet is manual with holding tank, Y-valve, and macerater.
- NEW VIMAR DIGITAL AIR CONDITIONING W/HUMIDITY CONTROL (2011)
- Espar Heating System
- Nicro Ventilation Air Vents-(2)Bow (2)Aft of Cockpit
- Low Profile Dorad Ventilation Vents-(2)Bow (2)Cockpit
- Weems & Plath Clock
- Weems & Plath Barometer
As you enter the cabin, the Galley is located aft on the Starboard Side.
- Stainless Steel Sink
- Technautics Refrigeration powered by engine
- Sharp Convection/Microwave powered by Inverter
- Electric Hot Water Heater
- Storage cabinets below and to right of sink
ELECTRONICS & NAVIGATION
- Navigation Station is forward of Starboard double berths. Great accessibility with chart storage.
- Instrumentation is at the base of the mizzen in easy view from the helm
- Poly-Planar MRD80 AM/FM Marine Stereo w/Flip Down Front Panel for CD Player
- (2)Bose 151 Speakers in Cabin
- Garmin GPSMap 741xs Chartplotter/Sonar Sounder
- Simrad AP20 Auto Pilot
- ICOM IC-M604 VHF w/Distress
- Sestrel Compass at the helm wheel
- Garmin GMI20 Water/Speed/Depth (NEW-Still in the original mfg box)
- Airmar B744V Triducer (NEW-Still in the original mfg box)
- Electrical Monitor Panels Aft next to Companionway for easy access
- Xantrex 3KW Inverter
- Battery Charger
- 30 Amp Shore Power
- 165 Amp Lees-Neville Alternator
- (4)AGM Group 31 Batteries
- Navigation Lights
- VOLVO PENTA 2003 3-CYCLE (30HP) DIESEL ENGINE (2247 HRS.)
- 18" Maxi-feathering propeller
- Maintenance Records and Manuals Available
- Ship's Log Available
- Edson worm gear steering
- Bilge Pump
- High Water Alarm
SAILING & RIGGING EQUIPMENT
- Gaff rigged Mainsail
- Harken Roller Furling Genoa
- Harken MKIII Roller Furling Forestaysail
- New Sail Cover for Mizzen
- Mizzen Staysail
- Spinnaker Pole w/custom storage system on Starboard top deck
- Top Mast and Jib boom are easily removed for stowing on deck
- Maxwell 28 Self-Tailing 2-Speed Winches in Cockpit - Port & Starboard
- Andersen 12 Self-Tailing 1-Speed Winches in Cockpit - Port & Starboard
- Maxwell 14 1-Speed Winch on Mizzen Mast
- Maxwell 14 1-Speed Winch & Maxwell 20 1-Speed Winch on Main Mast
- Efficient Block & Tackle System - Port & Starboard (Triple Hole Deadeye Lanyard System)
- Belaying Pins for line & halyard storage on deck and easy accessibility
- Low Profile Dorad Ventilation Vents - (2) Bow & (2) Cockpit
- Stainless Steel Steering Wheel is positioned for Captain to sit behind wheel to allow for great visibility forward to watch sails, tell tales, and crew members. This also increases the amount of space available in the Cockpit.
- Wood spars are stepped in tabernacles
- Forespar rope clutches
HULL & DECK
- Hull was custom built by Van Dam custom builder in Michigan using their "cold molding" process. Compared to molded fiberglass boats, cold molded boats are lighter weight and have superior strength.
- Beautiful bright work which was re-varnished March, 2017, will be ready for the next owner. The bright work and cockpit sole are Angelique wood which is superior to teak and known for its strength and durability!
- The hull is painted with Jade Mist Green Awlgrip.
- Wide Side Decks, Port & Starboard, for easy access to bow from Cockpit
- All lines & halyards are neatly stowed on top deck utilizing belaying pins for great accessibility and safety
- Large companionway entrance from Cockpit with full view of cabin areas
- Bomar Hatches & Ports
- Forespar Thru-Hulls
- Delta Plow Anchor
- Bow fresh water spigot
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Van Dam Wood Craft