1984 Stevens S&S 50
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Wickford, RI
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 219,000
Graceful Sparkman & Stephens hull lines, a modern deck profile with moderately raised deckhouse and easily-handled cutter rig make "WHISPER" a joy to behold and sail. Her modern interior design provides ample natural light, plenty of berths and a very large open and airy main salon and galley.
Rigged and configured for offshore passagemaking, yet light and airy enough to spend extensive periods below, she is well suited to take you to far-flung islands.
WHISPER's owner had Sparkman & Stephens oversee her construction to assure she met their exacting standards.
WELLINGTON YACHT PARTNERS -- BROKERAGE OFFICES: Portsmouth, Rhode Island; Fort Lauderdale, Florida; Falmouth, Maine.
Miles DAVID, Chris FAIRFAX, Dolf HAFFENREFFER, Chet HARTSHORN, Ted HOOD, Murray LORD, Bob MARSTON, John PERKINS, Jim WETHERALD.
Please contact Wellington Yacht Partners at (401) 683-6070
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Stevens Grand Harbor Marine
Designer: Sparkman & Stephens
Flag of Registry: United States
LOA: 50 ft 0 in
Beam: 14 ft 8 in
Maximum Draft: 6 ft 8 in
Displacement: 48000 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 62 ft 0 in
Total Power: 77 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Model: 4JH-DTE FWC
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 1100
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Engine Power: 77 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (230 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (175 Gallons)
Number of cabins: 3
Number of heads: 2
Three-stateroom layout. V-berth stateroom forward, with filler and abundant storage above berth in hanging locker and in bureau. Over/under double stateroom to starboard, aft of V-berth stateroom, again with hanging locker and abundant storage. Large head to port with large linen closet, shower, vanity and storage. Galley athwartships two steps down from main salon.
The salon is spacious and comfortable, with two settees and table seating for eight. Navigation station is aft to port. Port passageway leads to the aft master stateroom with two very large singles, both excellent sea berths, port and starboard. Master head to starboard with shower, vanity and storage.
The interior is well-lit and ventilated. Teak and holly soles throughout, with teak bulkheads and cabinetry. Lee boards on berths.
Exceptional offshore galley. U-shaped area amidships to starboard with centerline sink and stove outboard. Vertical refrigerator with excellent access to storage, across to port. Liquor cabinet also located here.
- Alpes 4-burner propane stove/oven
- (2) 25 lb. Epco gas system
- Technautic dual-function refrigeration/freezer works off 110 V, generator or engine
- Litton Prestige microwave
- Triple stainless sinks
- Omnifilter water filters at each faucet
- Toaster oven
- Electric heads
- Tankwatch holding tank meters
- Hot water heater (2009)
NAVIGATION STATION and ELECTRONICS
- Standard Horizon Infinity VHF
- Raytheon R40 Rasterscan radar
- Hydra wind/speed/ depth
- Northstar 951X GPS
- Northstar 952X GPS Navigator
- Brooks & Gatehouse Hydra autohelm
- Sunnto compass in master stateroom
- (2) Brooks & Gatehouse Hydra repeaters
- Sharp stereo and flat screen TV
- 8 kW Kohler generator (450 Hours)
- Dual alternators
- Heart Interface system with panel readouts
- Newmar heavy duty HMD 50 battery charger
- Nav lights
- Masthead tricolor light
- Spreader lights
ENGINE/ MECHANICAL EQUIPMENT
The engine compartment on WHISPER is below the main salon. It is roomy, clean and neatly laid out with excellent access to all systems. The generator sits below the companionway with excellent access as well. Both the genset and the engine rooms are well insulated and soundproofed.
- Yanmar Model 4JH-DTE FWC, 77 HP diesel inboard engine
- Hurth transmission
- (3) MarineAir reverse-cycle air conditioners
- Fireboy Halon system
- Bilge pump with warning lights
HULL and DECK EQUIPMENT
WHISPER's hull is solid hand-laid fiberglass with longitudinal stringers. Her deck is Airex-cored, with solid glass in high stress areas. Her navy blue hull was Awlgripped in 2005. Bottom stripped and re-painted in 2009.
- Maxwell windlass
- (3) Anchors, chain and rode
- 200' chain, 250' rode
- Hood hatches
- Dodger and bimini
- Stainless arch for antennae and radar
- Hot and cold cockpit shower
- Fresh and salt water wash downs
- Fenders and lines
- Teak toe rail
- Teak cockpit coaming
- Teak decks in cockpit
- Stern anchor locker and hawse pipe
- Fairclough canvas winter cover
SAILS and RIGGING
WHISPER is a cutter-rigged vessel. The North sails, built in 2003, have been used fewer than (15) times.
- North, fully-battened main with lazy jack system
- Pride, 153 genoa
- North, Yankee inner jib
- North, full shoulder spinnaker
- North, cruising spinnaker
- North, spinnaker staysail
- North, storm trysail
- North, storm headsail
- Spinnaker gear
- Harken furlers on headstay and innerstay
- Insulated backstay
- (8) Self-tailing cockpit winches
- (2) 36s Electric winches
- (2) 32s winches
- (4) 24s winches
The owner’s personal effects are excluded from the sale.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.