- View Full Specifications
Exceptional Cruising Model
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Located In:
- Old Saybrook, CT
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 119,900
Dockside Or Underway, This Slocum 43 Is Comfortable Live-aboard
& A Seaworthy Offshore Cruiser.
Beautiful In Tradition, Above & Below, She's Thoughtfully
Designed & Solidly Built.
Considering The Extensive Upgrades By Caring Knowledgeable Owners,
She's An Excellent Value & A True Yacht Capable Of Ocean Sailing
Recent Price Reduction
This Boat Is A Pleasure To Show - Call For An Appointment
For More Information or Appointment To Come Aboard
FLETCHER RYAN - 860 625-2456
Please contact Fletcher Ryan at 860-767-0528
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
A stunning boat below, "Mrs. B" features generous, hand fashioned teak
finished with a lighter satin varnish that fills the cabins. Tastefully
outfitted & beautifully kept, the traditional interior offers real
warmth & comfort. She'll accommodate up to six crew members.
An Inviting Circular Dinette is the centerpiece of this beautifully
crafted salon. It seats 5 comfortably and easily blends with the full
length starboard settee - creating a rather plush surrounding. Abundant
storage is found in the settees and in hull side configurations of
opening face lockers and secure shelving. A forward facing nav station
is convenient to the companionway, generous in size and well equipped to
handle the business end of things.
- 6' 5" Headroom
- Cruisair - 16000 BTU Reverse Cycle Air Conditioner & Heat
- Dining Area Overhead Kerosene Lamp
- Boston Solid Brass Ships Clock Plus Separate Barometer
- Toshiba Flat Screen TV/DVD Combined w/ Bose Wave Radio
- Ten Custom, Area Carpets Throughout The Cabins
- Cabin Portlight Curtains
- Liquor Compartment Designed Into Table Center
- Genuine Teak & Holly Sole - Throughout
Forward Guest Cabin
The unique forward cabin design is a signature of the Slocum and incorporates an upper and lower twin bunk to port to maximize crew comfort. There's extensive storage in the form of a large counter-top shelf w/ two columns of drawers below, hanging locker, bookshelf & face lockers.
Owner's Aft Stateroom
At the base of the companionway and to port is the Private Owner's
Stateroom. Inside, an inviting, comfortable full-double sized bed is
open and accessible for seating. There's good organized storage space
for clothing & personals. The cabin is bright, well ventilated and
offers plenty of headroom.
- 2 Opening Ports & Opening Hatch
- Convenient Book Shelf & Louvered Faced Lockers
- Reading Lamps
A genuine, secure seaberth is situated adjacent to the companionway. Suitable for
bulk storage as well, there's secure shelf space and a pair of face lockers.
With the simplicity of a single head layout, there's additional space
allotted for a larger head compartment. This arrangement is fitted with
a separate, sit-down, tub-shower area. It's a watertight, molded
fiberglass liner that's easy maintained. The vanity area is teak
accented and features a mirror, medicine cabinet, sink, towel bar and
marine head. Light and ventilation is notable - two opening ports plus
Just aft of the nav station and to starboard of the companionway,
are two huge lockers, one a pantry with shelf top lockers, which
provides a tremendous amount of space for provisions, the next is a
large full length, wet locker. There is a teak grate built into the teak
and holly floor at the bottom of the companionway, to catch water from
wet gear. With the wet locker and teak draining grate, which drains to
the bilge, all foul weather gear is kept aft and away from the main
living quarters. All locker doors are ventilated. At the bottom of the
companionway stairs is additional storage behind the bottom two steps.
This Impressive Galley was recently refurbished with new sinks and
faucets, new over counter LED lights (one with red night ops function) ,
new stainless steel lined ceiling panel over stove, and all new Corian
countertops. The freezer and refer have all new gaskets and each has a
new air circulation fan to prevent frosting & stratification.
Refrigeration is via a Rich Beers designed air and water cooled unit
with a 1/2 HP motor and an oversize custom holding plate in the freezer.
A stainless steel plate in the divider cools the refrigerator; there is
no air transfer between the refer and the freezer to prevent frost
buildup on the holding plate. Both the freezer and the refer have drains
in the bottom and Whale Gusher foot pumps to pump the condensate
overboard, not to the bilge.
The sinks are fitted with new single lever faucets for the pressurized hot and cold water, and separate new spouts for the fresh and salt water Whale Gusher foot pumps. There is a new 6 gal. Seaward marine hot water heater.
The stove is a 3 burner Hillerange propane with oven. The two new
propane tanks are stored in a dedicated locker in the cockpit that
HULL and DECK
•LOA: 42' 6"
•LWL: 35' 10"
•BEAM: 12' 11"
•DRAFT: 5' 6" - CRUISING FRIENDLY
•DISPLACEMENT: 28,100 lbs
•BALLAST: 9,000 lbs
•MAST HEIGHT: 59' 0" - ICW FRIENDLY
•HEADROOM 6' 6"
A Sea-kindly, Classic, Capable Bluewater Cruiser - She's Equally Suited
For Dockside Live-Aboard.
Below the waterline, an efficient modified full keel is designed with a
cutaway before the skegged rudder. It's a versatile configuration
offering balanced and predictable tracking, enhanced performance while
maintaining a comfortable motion at sea. The bottom has been Interlux Barrier Coated.
Molded in to the hull are lengthwise scores to simulate planking
accenting the boats genuine profile. A heavy rub rail traces the sheer
and protects the topsides.
- Newer Teak Side Decking - Elastomeric Bedded Rather Than Deck Screwed
- 3-1/2" Bulwarks - Teak Capped
- Double Anchor Roller
- Boarding Gates - Port & Starboard w/ A Custom Stainless Steel Ladder
- Full Length Coach Roof Teak Handrails
- Curved Stainless Steel Mast Guards
- 11 - Opening Ports
- 5 - Opening Deck Hatches
- 2 - Dorade Vents
A very secure, deep "T" shaped cockpit greets you at boarding. The helm area follows the flow of the rounded stern and is designed with the skipper's comfort & safety in mind. Featuring high coamings and ample footing, it's free of any uncomfortable corners.
- 3 Storage Lockers
- LPG Vented Storage Locker
- Winch Handle Pockets
- Dual Scuppers
- Teak Settee Surfaces
- Large Pedestal Guard
- Folding Teak Cockpit Table w/ Cup Holders
- Cockpit Shower / Spigot
- Salt Water Wash Down System At Bow
- Breeze Booster Wind Scoops For All Hatches
- Custom Fabricated Made Extra Wide & Long Swim Ladder With Cover
- Dual Radar Reflectors Under Port Spreader
- 4 - Bomar Aluminum Hatches
- Deck Lights, Including Spreader, Fore-deck, Steaming, Anchor, Strobe, Deck & Mast Head Nav Light
SAILS and RIGGING
Rigging Inspected - 2006
- Chainplates Professionally Replaced - Port & Starboard - 2009
- Double Reef - Full Batten Mack Mainsail w/ Battslide Fittings & Low Friction Cars
- Mack-Pac Mainsail Containment System w/ Lazy Jacks - 2000
- 130% Genoa w/ Foam Luff & UV Shield - 2000
- Profurl NC42 Roller Furler - Recent
- At Anchor / Riding Sail - Recent
- Halyard / Reefing Winches -Self- Tailing - Recent
- Harken Traveler & Boom Vang - Recent
- Whisker Pole - 20' - Mast Mounted - Recent
- Preventer - Cockpit Controled - 2008
MECHANICAL and SYSTEMS
Complete New Fuel System Installed in 2011
Two new aluminum 60 gal fuel tanks (120 gal.) with 8" inspection ports,
calibrated dip sticks plus top and bottom feeds. Two Racor sediment
filter/water separators, Walbro electric fuel pump with separate on/off
switch at nav station, remote cockpit mounted vacuum gauge to monitor
filters. All new hoses and valves. The system is set up so that you can
empty or balance the tanks, polish the fuel, supply fuel under pressure
to the engine and genset. The engine and genset can be operated with or
without the electric fuel pump.
Newer Head System with Raritan PHIl Manual Head, 40 gal Stainless Steel
Holding Tank with Monitor, charcoal filter on vent, Macerator, Low Permeability Hoses. The system is set up to send material to the holding tank or overboard when offshore. The holding tank can be emptied via the deck pumpout fitting, or overboard via the macerator when offshore. (All 2004) There is a new bronze thru hull for the head.
New single lever faucet in the sink with a new spout for the manual
Whale Gusher foot pump.
Existing Water Tanks are two 70 gal Stainless Steel Tanks with new
separate cartridge water filter.
There is in storage a SK 4-6gph DC Water Maker, previously installed,
now pickled and stored in plastic wrap.
Additional Updated Gear
- Spurs Line Cutter
- Manual Bilge Pump In Cockpit
- Cockpit Drain Hoses
- Engine Control Panel & Wiring Harness
- Heat Exchanger
- Engine Starter Motor
- Raw Water Pump
- Fuel Pump
- Cutlass Bearing
- Drive Shaft
- Dripless Shaft Seal
- 105 Amp Alternator - Rebuilt
- Velvet Drive Transmission - Rebuilt
- Injection Pump - Rebuilt
- Engine Has Been Removed All Seals Changed - Including Head Gasket
ELECTRONICS and NAVIGATION
- Ritchie Globemaster Compass - Rebuilt & Swung - 2010
- Raymarine ST60 Depth Meter, Knot Meter & Wind Speed & Direction Meter
- Raymarine E80 Chartplotter / GPS
- Raymarine 4KW Antenna w/ Smart Heading Sensor
- Autohelm 7001 w/ 400G Course Computer & Control Arm - Refurbished With HD Type 2 Steel Gears
- Additional 6000 Control Head At Nav Station w/ Seatalk HS Ethernet
- Connection For Remote Laptop Monitoring/Controlling
- Horizon Spectrum VHF Radio (New) w/ Foredeck & Cockpit Speaker Plus A Ram Mic. It Features Automatic Fog Signal & Hailing Features
- Icom IC600 High Frequency Radio - New Power Supply
The Following Are Recent Up-Grades
- 4.2 KW Entec West Diesel AC Genset w/ Custom 2 Part Sound Shield
- Re-wound & Entire Rebuild
- Prosine 2.0 - 2000 Watt Inverter & 100A Battery Charger w/ Temp
- Heart Link 2000 Charge Controller & Battery Monitor
- 4 - 6V Golf Cart Batteries
- 1 - 4D Start Battery
- 1O5 Amp Alternator - Rebuilt
- Battery Isolator
- Battery Selector Switch
- Galvanic Isolator
- Dodger w/ Isenglass Windows & Bimini w/ Heavy 1 1/4" Bimini Stainless Tubing - 2008
- Removable Side Panels For Sun & Rain Protection
- Cockpit Cushions
- Viking - 6 Person Life Raft - Refurbished - 2000
- Gale Rider Riding Drogue
- Parasail 18’ Sea Anchor w/ Two 300’ 5/8 Rodes & Large Swivel
- Jack Lines & Anchor Points w/ Mast Mounted Attachment Ring
- Emergency Tiller
- Misc. Safety Gear - Including:Life Preservers - Horseshoe Ring - Flare Kit - First Aid Kit - Fire Extinguishers - Horn - Search Light
Docking & Handling
- Misc. Handling Gear - Including: Fenders & Board - Docklines - Boat Hook
- Up/Down Cockpit Control Windlass Switch
- Magma Gas Barbeque - Newer
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel.
- A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated.
- This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.