- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Portsmouth, RI
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 595,000
Sirocco is an elegant, high-performance, long range cruising ketch. Her centerboard configuration permits access to ports not usually open to such large vessels. Her 1200 gallons. of fuel and 1400 gallons of water give her a go-anywhere cruising range. Sirocco cruises comfortably at 10 knots with the Caterpillar diesel. She has been continually upgraded both cosmetically and mechanically, including ('08) deck paint and hull paint ('09). Majority of plumbing replaced in 2015.
Sirocco was designed and built for her original owner to cruise fast in comfort. In 1997 the boat underwent an extensive refit including new electronics, rig, canvas, and Awlgrip, in addition to fresh varnish on all cherry wood surfaces and clear coating on cabin soles. In 2000, under the current ownership, a bow thruster was installed, further upgrades made and systems replaced as needed, including a Garmin touch screen chart system with HD radar. She is ready to cruise the world's oceans in comfort and speed. Seriously for sale
John Osetek 401-465-8634
Please contact John Osetek at 401-465-8634
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Palmer Johnson
Designer: J G Alden
LOA: 78 ft 0 in
Beam: 18 ft 0 in
LWL: 57 ft 0 in
Engine Brand: Caterpillar
Engine Model: 3208N
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Max Draft: 7'2"/14'
Displacement: 52 ton
Total Power: 210
Fresh Water: 1400
The interior of Sirocco is finished in beautiful cherry wood, complemented and lightened by the use of matte white overheads and solid teak and holly soles throughout. In the bow is a large sail and gear locker, very well laid out and approximately 6' in length. Aft of this is a collision bulkhead. The owner's stateroom is behind the collision bulkhead. Moving aft from the owners cabin, two guest cabins are located either side of the companionway, together with a hanging locker and built-in shoe locker to starboard.
Proceeding out of the center line companionway, which can be separated by a door, it is two shallow steps up to the main saloon. Further aft is the nav center, and adjacent to the galley on the center line is the companionway to the aft cockpit, with a watertight door behind the companionway for access to the engine room. Next to the companionway is a wet locker and further outboard there is an additional double stateroom which can be used as a crew quarters. Forward of this stateroom is a head. There is excellent storage and ventilation throughout.
The owner's stateroom with centerline queen berth is in the forward part of the vessel, beautifully laid out, extremely light, airy and well ventilated. There is extensive storage, with drawers underneath the berth and overhead lockers, together with a linen storage locker and book storage. There is a built in small settee aft of the berth to port outboard. A cedar lined hanging locker is to starboard and further aft there is a sit down mirrored vanity with drawer and hair dryer storage locker.
Beautifully finished in cherry with Corian countertops, the owner's head is to port.
- Small bath tub and shower
- Stainless steel bidet
- Mansfield electric head
- Teak grate
Aft of the owner's cabin and to starboard is a guest cabin with a queen berth outboard, four drawer bureau inboard, and built-in Panasonic TV forward with bookshelves. There is a hanging locker and excellent storage both above and underneath the berth.
The ensuite head with separate stall shower has Formica bulkheads, cherry trim, Corian counters and Mansfield electric head
Port Guest Stateroom
The port guest stateroom has upper and lower double berths with storage behind and drawer storage under. The Goiot hatch adds good ventilation and light. There is an ensuite head with stall shower and Mansfield electric head.
The salon is large, light and well ventilated by four large overhead hatches. There are L-shaped settees port and starboard, with an adjustable height extension dining table to starboard. There is plenty of storage both in lockers and drawers. There is a pilot berth behind the starboard settee. Behind the port settee is the TV and stereo. Aft of the port settee and outboard is the liquor storage, and there is a built in bar aft in this area as well, complemented by excellent drawer storage.
The U-shaped galley faces forward and is open to the main salon. The galley has excellent counter space, fiddles, top loading refrigerator with front door access and top loading freezer. There is extensive storage. The gimbaled stove is located outboard and can be hidden with cherry wood drop panels.
- Grunert 110v and engine driven holding plate refrigerator/freezer
- Luke four burner propane stove with oven and broiler
- Microwave oven (1997)
- Trash compactor
- Garbage disposal (1997)
- 20 gallon potable drinking water system.
- Fresh water foot pumps
- Furuno Mark II Model 1931 radar
- (2) Dateline X repeaters at nav station
- (2) Shipmate RS 8300 VHF radios
- 2000 Inmarsat-C with interface to laptop
- Everex laptop computer
- Coretex Weatherfax software
- Garmin 5212 touchscreen nav system with displays in nav center and helm.
- Robertson AP300 DLX autopilot
- Dytek water & air temperature gauge
- Datamarine DS
- Closed circuit cameras in engine room and bilge. Display at helm and nav. center
- Robertson Dateline X instrument panel.
- Insulated backstay antenna for SSB
- Cap'n Elec. Charting & Ship Mgmt
- Kallenburg air horns serviced 2003
- Ritchie Compass
- (2) 14" RCA TV/VCR combos
- Flat screen TVs (2008)
- Clock and barometer
- NAD & Technics dual AM/FM stereo
- Cellular phone
- UFO TV antenna on mast (2003)
Engine and Mechanical
- Single Caterpillar 3208 diesel engine 210 HP.
- Engine pyrometer.
- Bow thruster w/ custom foot pedals (2000).
- 60 gal./hr. water maker
- Edson pedestal steering with Wagner hydraulic ram and Wagner rudder angle indicator.
- Hundestad propeller with electric pitch gauge.
- Navtec hydraulic centerboard lift.
- Centerboard position gauge.
- Rule engine room 2500 bilge pump, new 2000.
- 3,000 gal./hr. Jabsco clutch driven main engine bilge pump.
- (2) Rule #3500 Float and Pumps electric bilge pumps,(2003).
- Edson manual bilge pump.
- (4) Mansfield electric fresh water heads.
- (2) Cruiseair AC units, pump and motor (2003).
- Vibration free Aqua drive (1999).
- Oil change system with old/new oil holding tanks, 15 gals.
- Fuel- 1200
- Water 1400 gals.
- Hot water (2) 60 gals.
- Black water 180 gals. with deck pump out or overboard discharge.
- Grey water - 150 gals
- 12/24/110/220 volt AC system.
- Northern lights 20 KW generator with Racor fuel filter, Dec. 1994.
- Isolation transformer.
- (2) Sentry 24 volt battery chargers (1997).
- 220 volt 50 amp shore power.
- 2500 Trace Inverter 24v to 110v AC, new 2003.
- 24-12 Converter sailing instruments, new 1997.
- New house batteries 2003(8) Workahalic 6V.
- Engine battery 8D new 2002.
The large aft cockpit contains engine room access under the starboard seat. There is a large cockpit table with center line foot rest. The cockpit is protected by dodger and bimini that can be united. On the foredeck the anchoring system is exceptional, with two large CQR anchors in chocks, the windlass further aft, and excellent deep storage lockers both port and starboard of the sail locker. There is a large lazarette aft
- Lofrans 24 volt windlass
- 140lb CQR anchor w/300' of chain
- 120lb CQR 50' of chain, 300' of rode
- 100lb Danforth
- 120lb Fisherman
- Fresh water deck wash down
- Salt water deck wash down
- Zodiac Pro 11 dinghy (1997) new rubber 2001
- Yamaha 25hp outboard (2001)
- Teak cockpit table
- Teak cockpit grate
- Side mounted stainless swim ladder
Sails and Rigging
Ketch rigged with manual Hood Stoway main mast (1997) and Detroit Offshore Spars mizzen with manual in mast furling. Headsail and staysail are fitted with Hood furlers and all rigging is Navtec rod, (1997). Rig inspection (2002).
- Mainsail (2005)
- 130% Genoa (2005)
- Storm sail (2002)
- (2) Jib tops
- Mizzen staysail
- 115% Jib, (1995)
- Delivery main (1990)
- Delivery jib (1990)
- (2) Lewmar #90 2-speed self tailing electric primaries with upgraded gears serviced '02
- (2) Lewmar #55 2-speed self tailing electric secondaries
- Lewmar #55 self tailing main sheet
- Lewmar #46 self tailing mizzen sheet and outhaul w/ Schaefer cam cleats
- (2) Lewmar #30 self tailing travelers
- Lewmar #65 self-tailing outhaul winch
- Lewmar #55 3-speed staysail halyard - self tailing
- Lewmar #48 3-speed staysail halyard - self tailing
- Lewmar #48 3-speed genoa halyard winch
- Lewmar #30 self tailing topping
- (2) 6 man Zodiac life rafts
- Foredeck cushion
- Cockpit cushions
- New dodger and bimini 2008.
- Filler piece
- Side curtains
Sirocco was designed and built for her original owner to cruise fast in comfort. In 1997 she had an extensive refit including new electronics, rig, canvas, and Awlgrip , in addition to fresh varnish on all cherry wood surfaces and clear coating on cabin soles. In 2000, under the current ownership, a bow thruster was installed and further upgrades made and systems replaced as needed. New deck paint 2008 and hull 2009.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from David Walters Yachts
Wickford, RI, United States
Raised Salon Cutter
North Kingstown, RI, United States
East Greenwich, RI, United States
Portsmouth, RI, United States
Portsmouth, RI, United States
Unknown, RI, United States